Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:39 am
Greatest I am wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:33 pm Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

I have wondered how Christians rationalized Jesus' last words --- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
per mark, in another gospel he said "it is finished" and so knew all about his self sacrifice as God in the body.

stop being an ass.

you know the bible as much as i do. ......and so know this!!!!!!!!

so calling out your assary.
So Jesus was babbling all kinds of garbage.

Thanks for the quote.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:59 am

because Jesus never claimed to be God, and instead others claimed he was 100 yr after he was killed by the Romans and so created a false god from a mortal man, and then claimed that God is the same as YHWH.
I agree that it was/is all lies.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:30 am
Greatest I am wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:02 pm
HexHammer wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:26 am It's VERY specifically stated SEVERAL times that Jesus and God are 2 separate enteties, the FATHER AND SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
True, but if you read scriptures literally, and Jesus was born of a virgin, then you have to see Jesus as biologically female all of his life, thanks to his parthenogenetic birth.

Regards
DL
probable father of Jesus was a Syrian Roman soldier by the name of Pantara.

fyi.
I do not think we can ever know who is represented in myths.

If the myth was not believed and acted upon in terms of discrimination against women and gays by the Christian homophones and misogynous, it would be irrelevant to our systems of law and justice.

Presently, it just tells us what not to do, as it shows an immoral Jesus and Yahweh.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:35 am
Greatest I am wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:11 pm
Jesus to me is just a myth. A rather good one if not read literally.

regards
DL
you dont beiieve he existed?

why not? curious.

i assume he did, but of course never left a record/written works (like he was illiterate either way - per statsitc of the time most were).

i assume he existed due to the works written about him (and dissortion of hsi nature from a man to a god - a progression that is clear over time when you read mark though to john) decades after his death.
Check the last link.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:04 am [

if you are a Gnostic Christian as you have claimed for the 13 yrs i've known you, why do you not worship Sophia as the Mother Goddess?

Jesus' and YHWH mom.
I am not an idol worshiper the way Christians are.

Why would you or I want to idol worship anything or anyone?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Belinda wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:34 am I believe "messiah" means simply a priest-king sort of character who leads his people out of troubled times to better times.It does not necessarily signify any supernatural status.
The original Jewish myth does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrDGgKunPsY

To read myths literally has the reader never getting the message the writer wanted to convey.

Regards
DL
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:08 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:11 pm
Jesus to me is just a myth. A rather good one if not read literally.

regards
DL

why not? curious.

i assume he did, but of course never left a record/written works (like he was illiterate either way - per statsitc of the time most were).

i assume he existed due to the works written about him (and dissortion of hsi nature from a man to a god - a progression that is clear over time when you read mark though to john) decades after his death.
Check the last link.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

Further.

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Regards
DL

that is Hillel's view also (i assume you know more about him than me - so just sayin).

that is NOT the Torah's View though!

Torah's view is:

do to others what they do to you.

honour demands to be charatable to the stranger, and never to strike frist - always offer the olive branch to the stranger.

but if the stranger ignores the olive branch an d strikes your - you strike him back!

that is the Judiac Law - Law of Reciprocity, not Golden Rule! the latter is Christian theology, not Judiac.

I affirm the Jewish view on the matter personally. not a Christian nor a Jew. just an Atheist.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:13 pm

if you are a Gnostic Christian as you have claimed for the 13 yrs i've known you, why do you not worship Sophia as the Mother Goddess?

Jesus' and YHWH mom.

Regards
DL
Idols? where did that come from? not even talking about them. i was talking about The Gods, and asking why you do not worship Sophia?

youve claimed to be a Gnostic since forever, and i only asked you why you do not worship Sophia the mother goddess of the Gnostics.

idols have nothing to do with it.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

gaffo wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:24 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:08 pm

why not? curious.

Check the last link.

Further.

Regards
DL

that is Hillel's view also (i assume you know more about him than me - so just sayin).

that is NOT the Torah's View though!

Torah's view is:

do to others what they do to you.

honour demands to be charatable to the stranger, and never to strike frist - always offer the olive branch to the stranger.

but if the stranger ignores the olive branch an d strikes your - you strike him back!

that is the Judiac Law - Law of Reciprocity, not Golden Rule! the latter is Christian theology, not Judiac.

I affirm the Jewish view on the matter personally. not a Christian nor a Jew. just an Atheist.
Gaffo not a pragmatist then. Reciprocity as you describe it leads to law enforcement by vendetta.

Law enforcement as Jesus describes it leads to harm reduction.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:24 pm
That is the intelligent view as compared to what Christianity thinks.

Their intelligence, like the Gnostics, is likely why both groups were hated and persecuted.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:27 pm

Jesus' and YHWH mom.

Regards
DL
Idols? where did that come from? not even talking about them. i was talking about The Gods, and asking why you do not worship Sophia?

youve claimed to be a Gnostic since forever, and i only asked you why you do not worship Sophia the mother goddess of the Gnostics.

Sophia is an idol that represents wisdom.

Do you think we are foolish enough to read our myths, or any religious myth literally?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Belinda wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:12 am

Law enforcement as Jesus describes it leads to harm reduction.
Law enforcement, when Jesus return, will be genocide against all who will not follow him and his genocidal father.

Is that harm reduction?

If harm reduction is what Jesus wants, then he should reverse his no divorce for women and substitutional punishment policies.

There is a moral Jesus in scriptures, but not the Roman created one.

Regards
DL
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:13 pm

Regards
DL

i see parallels with Mary mother of God with Sophia. suspect some early christians worshiped them as the same entitiy.
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:13 pm Do you think we are foolish enough to read our myths, or any religious myth literally?

Regards
DL
don't know, were some of you so foolish 2000 yrs ago?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:11 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:13 pm

i see parallels with Mary mother of God with Sophia. suspect some early christians worshiped them as the same entitiy.
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:13 pm Do you think we are foolish enough to read our myths, or any religious myth literally?

Regards
DL
don't know, were some of you so foolish 2000 yrs ago?
Not from what I read, but I am sure some were fool enough to ignore the thinkers and intelligentsia back then, just like today.

The vast majority were not fool enough to believe in real talking serpents and donkeys.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL