The Existential Crisis

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla
Posts: 2886
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: The Existential Crisis

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:19 am And your deceptive tactics
Yet another lie and projection
illustrate just how incapable you actually
Lie and projection
are of answering clarifying questions.
Calling your dishonesty "clarifying questions" is a lie
Your misleading deflection
Lie, projection
actually REVEALS just how incapable you are of providing absolutely ANY thing to back up and support your claims.
Yet another lie

You are part of the disease not the cure. It is because of people like you that humanity does not have a future
Age
Posts: 5063
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The Existential Crisis

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:17 am
Age wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:19 am And your deceptive tactics
Yet another lie and projection
illustrate just how incapable you actually
Lie and projection
are of answering clarifying questions.
Calling your dishonesty "clarifying questions" is a lie
Your misleading deflection
Lie, projection
actually REVEALS just how incapable you are of providing absolutely ANY thing to back up and support your claims.
Yet another lie

You are part of the disease not the cure. It is because of people like you that humanity does not have a future
All claims, "supported" on and by absolutely nothing provided.
Atla
Posts: 2886
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: The Existential Crisis

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:00 am
Atla wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:17 am
Age wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:19 am And your deceptive tactics
Yet another lie and projection
illustrate just how incapable you actually
Lie and projection
are of answering clarifying questions.
Calling your dishonesty "clarifying questions" is a lie
Your misleading deflection
Lie, projection
actually REVEALS just how incapable you are of providing absolutely ANY thing to back up and support your claims.
Yet another lie

You are part of the disease not the cure. It is because of people like you that humanity does not have a future
All claims, "supported" on and by absolutely nothing provided.
Yet another lie ignoring the entire commenting history
Age
Posts: 5063
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The Existential Crisis

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:21 am
Age wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:00 am
Atla wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:17 am
Yet another lie and projection


Lie and projection


Calling your dishonesty "clarifying questions" is a lie


Lie, projection


Yet another lie

You are part of the disease not the cure. It is because of people like you that humanity does not have a future
All claims, "supported" on and by absolutely nothing provided.
Yet another lie ignoring the entire commenting history
If I am supposedly ignoring the "entire commenting history" and you will NOT provide absolutely ANY of the "entire commenting history" as you have PROVEN you will NOT, then, once again and as I said, ALL of your claims are based on and by 'absolutely NOTHING, provided'.
Atla
Posts: 2886
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: The Existential Crisis

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:04 am
Atla wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:21 am
Age wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:00 am

All claims, "supported" on and by absolutely nothing provided.
Yet another lie ignoring the entire commenting history
If I am supposedly ignoring the "entire commenting history" and you will NOT provide absolutely ANY of the "entire commenting history" as you have PROVEN you will NOT, then, once again and as I said, ALL of your claims are based on and by 'absolutely NOTHING, provided'.
It's there so I don't have to provide it, so stop lying. And you should remember them, you don't have amnesia, so stop lying.
When I did provide some anyway which is not my job, then you just kept lying about lying all the same, so stop lying. Or when you acknowledged that you were lying you said you do it on purpose to make a point or whatever.
Not that I have to provide any because your lies are apparent even now, so stop lying.
Nor have I proven such a thing, stop lying.
And my claims are very much not based on absolutely nothing, so stop lying.

Lying is the only thing you are actually capable of doing. There were like 5 just in this comment, and it's proven already. You have PROVEN this to people on two forums, good job. I won't respond anymore, just a waste of time.
Age
Posts: 5063
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The Existential Crisis

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:46 am
Age wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:04 am
Atla wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:21 am
Yet another lie ignoring the entire commenting history
If I am supposedly ignoring the "entire commenting history" and you will NOT provide absolutely ANY of the "entire commenting history" as you have PROVEN you will NOT, then, once again and as I said, ALL of your claims are based on and by 'absolutely NOTHING, provided'.
It's there so I don't have to provide it, so stop lying.
And you will NOT provide 'it', which is OBVIOUSLY ALREADY PROVEN to NOT be a lie at all.
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:46 am And you should remember them, you don't have amnesia, so stop lying.
WHY 'should' I remember the, so called, "them" (whatever "them" is)?

How do you KNOW that I do NOT have 'amnesia'?

Where is 'it' EXACTLY where you BELIEVE I am, supposedly, lying, and, what is 'it' EXACTLY that you BELIEVE I am lying about?
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:46 am When I did provide some anyway which is not my job, then you just kept lying about lying all the same, so stop lying.
And, without ANY PROOF at all, then this could just be the biggest lie of them all, OBVIOUSLY.
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:46 am Or when you acknowledged that you were lying you said you do it on purpose to make a point or whatever.
So, was I lying that time? Or, do you BELIEVE I was telling the Truth, that time?
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:46 am Not that I have to provide any because your lies are apparent even now, so stop lying.
If what I write now is, apparently lies, to you, then so be it. I can NOT do much about this. Or, can I?
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:46 am Nor have I proven such a thing, stop lying.
Okay. If you say so, then it MUST BE true, correct.
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:46 am And my claims are very much not based on absolutely nothing, so stop lying.
You misquoting me here partly explains WHY you "see" so much lying in my words.

MAYBE if you CLARIFIED what I am actually saying AND meaning BEFORE you make the assumption that "I am lying", then MAYBE you will NOT jump to the conclusion that "I am lying" ALSO?

What do you think?
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:46 am Lying is the only thing you are actually capable of doing.
Okay. If this is what you BELIEVE is true, then this MUST BE TRUE.

To you, the ONLY 'thing' that I am actually capable of doing is to lie.

Well as long as this is finally settled, then we can MOVE ALONG, correct?

Or, no we could NOT move on really, because this would OBVIOUSLY be a lie as well. Therefore, 'you' and 'I' can NOT move on and thus are STUCK here. But this would be a lie ALSO, correct?
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:46 am There were like 5 just in this comment, and it's proven already.
Was is 'like 5', does that mean '4' or '6' or some thing else?

And, what is 'it' that there were "like 5" of, and, in which comment are you referring to exactly?

Was in one of your comments or one of mine, or some other comment?
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:46 am You have PROVEN this to people on two forums, good job.
So, my work is done, correct?
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:46 am I won't respond anymore, just a waste of time.
Okay. But we will SEE if this is a LIE, or NOT.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: The Existential Crisis

Post by Lacewing »

Atla wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:17 am
Age wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:19 am And your deceptive tactics
Yet another lie and projection
illustrate just how incapable you actually
Lie and projection
are of answering clarifying questions.
Calling your dishonesty "clarifying questions" is a lie
Your misleading deflection
Lie, projection
actually REVEALS just how incapable you are of providing absolutely ANY thing to back up and support your claims.
Yet another lie

You are part of the disease not the cure. It is because of people like you that humanity does not have a future
IT IS TRUE that Age lies and uses deception, projection, and deflection -- whether consciously, unconsciously, or ignorantly. He makes claims without support or proof or broader awareness, and avoids answering questions. When people point out what he's doing, and show him examples, he ignores or forgets and continues insisting they provide proof. He, himself, continually fails to provide proof for anything he says. In my opinion, he is delusional and deceptive in spamming this forum with noisy nonsensical circles that point in all directions at nothing. No uniquely significant meaningful truth or insight has been shown or demonstrated by his claims (even after years). The only purpose of engaging with such (from him and others) appears to be for the fun and interest of pointing out absurdities and lies.

If such people would look more honestly and bravely at their absurdities and lies (yes, I do too), they could comfortably choose truth over their delusion, stories, and ego which feed the stunted, self-absorbed disease of humankind (to use Atla's terminology) rather than producing any kind of profound or divine cure. Humankind is already fully connected to all, and doesn't need self-proclaimed leaders or seers who want to imagine themselves as such. These people appear to be driven by a personal need to feel significant (and often "above" others), when they would actually benefit (themselves and everyone else) MORE from resolving their own inability to connect with all rather than trying to be above it. They have nothing significant to offer from a stunted, self-absorbed position, regardless of how imaginative or delusional they are in framing it. They could offer so much more from a freer position that is not in service to their stories.
Atla
Posts: 2886
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: The Existential Crisis

Post by Atla »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:59 pm IT IS TRUE that Age lies and uses deception, projection, and deflection -- whether consciously, unconsciously, or ignorantly. He makes claims without support or proof or broader awareness, and avoids answering questions. When people point out what he's doing, and show him examples, he ignores or forgets and continues insisting they provide proof. He, himself, continually fails to provide proof for anything he says. In my opinion, he is delusional and deceptive in spamming this forum with noisy nonsensical circles that point in all directions at nothing. No uniquely significant meaningful truth or insight has been shown or demonstrated by his claims (even after years). The only purpose of engaging with such (from him and others) appears to be for the fun and interest of pointing out absurdities and lies.

If such people would look more honestly and bravely at their absurdities and lies (yes, I do too), they could comfortably choose truth over their delusion, stories, and ego which feed the stunted, self-absorbed disease of humankind (to use Atla's terminology) rather than producing any kind of profound or divine cure. Humankind is already fully connected to all, and doesn't need self-proclaimed leaders or seers who want to imagine themselves as such. These people appear to be driven by a personal need to feel significant (and often "above" others), when they would actually benefit (themselves and everyone else) MORE from resolving their own inability to connect with all rather than trying to be above it. They have nothing significant to offer from a stunted, self-absorbed position, regardless of how imaginative or delusional they are in framing it. They could offer so much more from a freer position that is not in service to their stories.
Well said.. :(

Well first I read a few of his (/her?) comments on his old 'ken' account, where he spoke as God, and we also talked a little on his current account. So based on that I thought that he may have moderate autism and mild schizophrenia at the same time, and also below-average intelligence, with a near-certain "Chosen One" complex.

So as usual, since there is nothing better to do on this forum most of the time, I ran my usual psychological experiment of trying to beat some sense into them. Just the usual somewhat amusing social work, trying to bring a little more sanity into a self-destructing world, or at least rid a philosophy forum from such idiots so some high level philosophy can be done here instead. Well that's not quite true, I mainly probe the minds of such strange people in order to acquire an extremely high understanding of the humand mind.

That may not have been a very good idea, now I think that he may have moderate autism, mild schizophrenia, a below-average intelligence, a near-certain "Chosen One" complex and he's genuinely malignant. There is nothing to be done about the last one.

His delusion isn't even all that interesting.. we are one and the same with God but God needs us to express itself, humans together with this universal 'God-I' co-create reality using their imaginations, evolution is heading towards humanity realizing this role bla bla bla etc. etc. It's pretty tedious and I have already considered these kind of ideas long ago. There may be a grain of truth to it or two, but it's 90% wrong in this form.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: The Existential Crisis

Post by Lacewing »

Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:29 pm since there is nothing better to do on this forum most of the time, I ran my usual psychological experiment of trying to beat some sense into them. Just the usual somewhat amusing social work, trying to bring a little more sanity into a self-destructing world, or at least rid a philosophy forum from such idiots so some high level philosophy can be done here instead.
I can relate to doing the experiments and social work too. :lol:

It's hard to give up on people's potential -- I always think there has to be more. It's hard to understand why they don't want any broader truths beyond the small and limited, highly-controlled, and imaginatively-known Universe they are fixated on. But wow... some have really shown how deep they can go. I think it's tied to their identity... and if they admit any cracks in the sham, their identity crumbles. I would be more gentle discussing such a thing in person... but the nutjobs on this forum are hardcore liars who ooze deception and arrogance more than most. They babble in a corner and/or present themselves as seers and knowers (perhaps because they're not being challenged in person). And they don't interact honestly much because they're clearly full of indefensible crap.
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:29 pmI mainly probe the minds of such strange people in order to acquire an extremely high understanding of the humand mind.
It is interesting in that it demonstrates the depth and addiction of delusional mental states to be aware of and avoid. I'm thinking many of us may experience such a state briefly and to varying degrees in certain times and situations of our lives. But most of us evolve beyond it without turning it into a religion to serve our identity long-term.
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:29 pm His delusion isn't even all that interesting.. we are one and the same with God but God needs us to express itself, humans together with this universal 'God-I' co-create reality using their imaginations, evolution is heading towards humanity realizing this role bla bla bla etc. etc. It's pretty tedious and I have already considered these kind of ideas long ago. There may be a grain of truth to it or two, but it's 90% wrong in this form.
Agreed. The only reason for someone to claim they "know" of such a thing that will be known by others "one day" is to elevate and serve themselves. It changes nothing right now. I especially don't like the way these "seers" don't recognize or acknowledge the existing and active potential in everyone else! Do they really think that the Universe is so freakin' small as to make THEMSELVES the only seers? That doesn't make any sense!
Age
Posts: 5063
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The Existential Crisis

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:59 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:17 am
Age wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:19 am And your deceptive tactics
Yet another lie and projection
illustrate just how incapable you actually
Lie and projection
are of answering clarifying questions.
Calling your dishonesty "clarifying questions" is a lie
Your misleading deflection
Lie, projection
actually REVEALS just how incapable you are of providing absolutely ANY thing to back up and support your claims.
Yet another lie

You are part of the disease not the cure. It is because of people like you that humanity does not have a future
IT IS TRUE that Age lies and uses deception, projection, and deflection -- whether consciously, unconsciously, or ignorantly.
Here is ANOTHER CLAIM. So, WHERE have I, supposedly, 'lied'?
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:59 pm He makes claims without support or proof or broader awareness, and avoids answering questions.
I WILL provide support or proof, or broader awareness, WHEN ASKED FOR IT. Until then, I suggest BEING OPEN.

LOL about "avoids answering questions". If, and WHEN, looked backed over what WILL be CLEARLY SEEN and NOTICED is that I have answered FAR MORE questions than ANY "other" here.
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:59 pm When people point out what he's doing, and show him examples, he ignores or forgets and continues insisting they provide proof.
Well if you do NOT provide PROOF, then, to me, that says and shows FAR MORE about what IS actually happening, and occurring here.
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:59 pm He, himself, continually fails to provide proof for anything he says.
I PURPOSELY do NOT provide ANY. Unless, OF COURSE, when I am specifically asked to, then I DO. I DO THIS to highlight MY POINTS about BECOMING and REMAINING Truly OPEN. Until 'you' do this, then you will NOT understand what is actually happening, and OCCURRING here.
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:59 pm In my opinion, he is delusional and deceptive in spamming this forum with noisy nonsensical circles that point in all directions at nothing.
Okay. If this is what you SEE, then this is PERFECT, and PROVES my POINT, perfectly.

Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:59 pm No uniquely significant meaningful truth or insight has been shown or demonstrated by his claims (even after years). The only purpose of engaging with such (from him and others) appears to be for the fun and interest of pointing out absurdities and lies.
And, ONCE AGAIN, ANOTHER CLAIM, so WHERE and WHEN are these, so called, "absurdities" and "lies"?

Without ANY support, proof, or broader awareness, then they could ALL be of YOUR IMAGINATION, ONLY.
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:59 pm If such people would look more honestly and bravely at their absurdities and lies (yes, I do too), they could comfortably choose truth over their delusion, stories, and ego which feed the stunted, self-absorbed disease of humankind (to use Atla's terminology) rather than producing any kind of profound or divine cure.
If 'you' LOOKED AT what caused you to have your very ONE-SIDED VIEW of things, then 'you' could ALSO recognize and SEE just how much 'you' live in your own 'self', and thus MISS the actual Truth of things.
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:59 pm Humankind is already fully connected to all, and doesn't need self-proclaimed leaders or seers who want to imagine themselves as such.
Well if you LOOKED AT what 'you' just wrote in the previous sentence, then 'you' COULD recognize AND see just how much you imagine your own 'self' to be a leader and seer.

But, 'you' can NOT recognize NOR see this, can 'you'?
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:59 pm These people appear to be driven by a personal need to feel significant (and often "above" others), when they would actually benefit (themselves and everyone else) MORE from resolving their own inability to connect with all rather than trying to be above it.
And what CAN BE CLEARLY recognized and SEEN is YOUR own inability to connect with 'me'. Therefore, this, according to your logic, means that you are driven by a person need to feel significant. Which is clearly seen by your need to tell "others" how they SHOULD think and behave.
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:59 pm They have nothing significant to offer from a stunted, self-absorbed position, regardless of how imaginative or delusional they are in framing it. They could offer so much more from a freer position that is not in service to their stories.
Thanks for your continued ADVICE, but continually ADVISING (TELLING "others") what they should be doing appears to be coming directly from your need to feel significant (and 'above' "others") AND to just service your OWN story.

In other words, just about this whole post is a PRIME EXAMPLE of PROJECTION, itself.
Age
Posts: 5063
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The Existential Crisis

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:29 pm
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:59 pm IT IS TRUE that Age lies and uses deception, projection, and deflection -- whether consciously, unconsciously, or ignorantly. He makes claims without support or proof or broader awareness, and avoids answering questions. When people point out what he's doing, and show him examples, he ignores or forgets and continues insisting they provide proof. He, himself, continually fails to provide proof for anything he says. In my opinion, he is delusional and deceptive in spamming this forum with noisy nonsensical circles that point in all directions at nothing. No uniquely significant meaningful truth or insight has been shown or demonstrated by his claims (even after years). The only purpose of engaging with such (from him and others) appears to be for the fun and interest of pointing out absurdities and lies.

If such people would look more honestly and bravely at their absurdities and lies (yes, I do too), they could comfortably choose truth over their delusion, stories, and ego which feed the stunted, self-absorbed disease of humankind (to use Atla's terminology) rather than producing any kind of profound or divine cure. Humankind is already fully connected to all, and doesn't need self-proclaimed leaders or seers who want to imagine themselves as such. These people appear to be driven by a personal need to feel significant (and often "above" others), when they would actually benefit (themselves and everyone else) MORE from resolving their own inability to connect with all rather than trying to be above it. They have nothing significant to offer from a stunted, self-absorbed position, regardless of how imaginative or delusional they are in framing it. They could offer so much more from a freer position that is not in service to their stories.
Well said.. :(

Well first I read a few of his (/her?) comments on his old 'ken' account, where he spoke as God, and we also talked a little on his current account. So based on that I thought that he may have moderate autism and mild schizophrenia at the same time, and also below-average intelligence, with a near-certain "Chosen One" complex.
This is what you 'thought' was true. Now, what do you ACTUALLY KNOW to be true?
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:29 pm So as usual, since there is nothing better to do on this forum most of the time, I ran my usual psychological experiment of trying to beat some sense into them.
A TRUE, so called, " psychological "experiment" " NEVER "tries to beat some, so called, "sense" into "another".

Either you; ' try to beat what you THINK or BELIEVE is 'sense' into "another" ', OR, you do EXPERIMENTS and obtain outcomes/findings, (either through True OPENNESS or through some other CLOSED prejudiced/biased means). These are two very DIFFERENT things. But, you seem to be incapable of understanding this FACT.
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:29 pm Just the usual somewhat amusing social work, trying to bring a little more sanity into a self-destructing world, or at least rid a philosophy forum from such idiots so some high level philosophy can be done here instead.
And yet about the ONLY thing I have seen from you is attempts at insults and criticisms of actual 'people'. I have NOT seen much if any at all discussion around actual philosophical issues.
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:29 pm Well that's not quite true, I mainly probe the minds of such strange people in order to acquire an extremely high understanding of the humand mind.
And what is this, so called, " human 'mind' " thing first, EXACTLY?

Surely for one who BELIEVES what you do about this, so called, "human mind" thing, then surely you could EXPLAIN what 'it' is, exactly?

Do NOT 'try to' EXPLAIN this for 'me', the "below-average intelligent" one, but for the "other" ones to SEE, and understand. So, that they can SEE if you ACTUALLY do KNOW what you make out you do about this "human mind" thing. And then, let them SEE what you have actually ascertained in regards to this, so called, "extremely high understanding" of the "human mind".

So, to make it is as plainly simple and easy for you; Tell us what the 'human mind' IS EXACTLY, and then tell us what is YOUR, so called, "extremely high understanding" of the "human mind".

By the way, talk about one thinking AND BELIEVING very HIGHLY of them 'self'.
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:29 pm That may not have been a very good idea, now I think that he may have moderate autism, mild schizophrenia, a below-average intelligence, a near-certain "Chosen One" complex and he's genuinely malignant. There is nothing to be done about the last one.
LOL Now I AM 'evil nature', correct?

Will you provide at least one thing that I have said and/or done, which led you to the conclusion that I am, so called, "genuinely malignant"?

You have PROVEN that you will TRY absolutely ANY thing to discredit me. That is; besides countering anything of what I actually SAY. Just about EVERY thing you write about 'me' is a personal attack on 'me' and NOT on what I say, which is a very laughable thing to do, especially considering the forum that we are in here.
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:29 pm His delusion isn't even all that interesting.. we are one and the same with God but God needs us to express itself, humans together with this universal 'God-I' co-create reality using their imaginations, evolution is heading towards humanity realizing this role bla bla bla etc. etc. It's pretty tedious and I have already considered these kind of ideas long ago. There may be a grain of truth to it or two, but it's 90% wrong in this form.
LOL 'WHAT' is, supposedly, 90% wrong?

How about instead of just writing that "I am delusional", you actual write what I have SAID, which you think or BELIEVE is delusional, and then EXPLAIN WHY you consider 'this' to be delusional?

Or is this just TOO HARD for you to do? Or, are you, ONCE AGAIN, just write; "I have done this before"?
Age
Posts: 5063
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The Existential Crisis

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:16 pm
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:29 pm since there is nothing better to do on this forum most of the time, I ran my usual psychological experiment of trying to beat some sense into them. Just the usual somewhat amusing social work, trying to bring a little more sanity into a self-destructing world, or at least rid a philosophy forum from such idiots so some high level philosophy can be done here instead.
I can relate to doing the experiments and social work too. :lol:
Once again revealing what 'you' really think or believe or that 'self', that is; a self-proclaimed leader or seer who wants to imagine them 'self' as such. As already noted: These people appear to be driven by a personal need to feel significant (and often "above" others), when they would actually benefit (themselves and everyone else) MORE from resolving their own inability to connect with all rather than trying to be above it.

If, and WHEN, you ever STOP thinking that 'you' are above "others", then 'you' can START connecting with ALL.

If 'you' find your 'self' NOT able to connect with 'me', then what do you think the REASON IS that you can NOT connect with ALL?
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:16 pm It's hard to give up on people's potential -- I always think there has to be more. It's hard to understand why they don't want any broader truths beyond the small and limited, highly-controlled, and imaginatively-known Universe they are fixated on.
LOL you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what MY VIEWS ARE, yet here you are BELIEVING that you already do. And, because you BELIEVE that mine do NOT fit in with your very narrowed and short sighted view of things, then it is I who does NOT have the, so called, broader truths.

Are you even remotely OPEN to considering that MY VIEWS might actually be far broader than YOURS ARE?

Or is this just NOT at all possible?
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:16 pm But wow... some have really shown how deep they can go. I think it's tied to their identity... and if they admit any cracks in the sham, their identity crumbles. I would be more gentle discussing such a thing in person... but the nutjobs on this forum are hardcore liars who ooze deception and arrogance more than most. They babble in a corner and/or present themselves as seers and knowers (perhaps because they're not being challenged in person).
I WANT to be CHALLENGED on what I actually SAY, and MEAN. But, you appear to NOT like doing this. You actually prefer to attack 'me' and NOT the actual words.
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:16 pm And they don't interact honestly much because they're clearly full of indefensible crap.
Or, JUST MAYBE something else is going on here? Is that even possible, to 'you'?
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:16 pm
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:29 pmI mainly probe the minds of such strange people in order to acquire an extremely high understanding of the humand mind.
It is interesting in that it demonstrates the depth and addiction of delusional mental states to be aware of and avoid.
One of those CLEARLY demonstrated 'delusional mental states', to me anyway, is BELIEVING that it is ALWAYS the "other" who is the, so called, "strange person", and that they HAVE actually ALREADY "acquired an EXTREMELY HIGH 'understanding' of the "human mind".

From this 'delusional state' they are in complete ignorance, or forgetfulness, that 'you', human beings, in the days that this is being written, still have absolutely NO idea what the 'mind' actually IS, let alone how the actual 'Mind' actually works.
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:16 pm I'm thinking many of us may experience such a state briefly and to varying degrees in certain times and situations of our lives. But most of us evolve beyond it without turning it into a religion to serve our identity long-term.
'your' religion "lacewing" is just like ALL of the other religions, wherein YOUR BELIEF in your own story is just as strong as the "others" are. That is YOUR BELIEF is immovable and unchanging.

'you', "lacewing", actually BELIEVE that your views are true, right, AND correct, which, by the way, is an actual 'delusional mental state'. But because of this state of BELIEF you are NOT actually able to SEE the 'delusion' and so can NOT evolve beyond it, as PROVEN ALREADY, by your VERY OWN WORDS.

You actually BELIEVE that there is NOT One True Story, and that EVERY one has there OWN story. This is YOUR BELIEF, and YOUR RELIGION, which has served 'you' "long-term", relative your VERY SHORT existence.
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:16 pm
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:29 pm His delusion isn't even all that interesting.. we are one and the same with God but God needs us to express itself, humans together with this universal 'God-I' co-create reality using their imaginations, evolution is heading towards humanity realizing this role bla bla bla etc. etc. It's pretty tedious and I have already considered these kind of ideas long ago. There may be a grain of truth to it or two, but it's 90% wrong in this form.
Agreed. The only reason for someone to claim they "know" of such a thing that will be known by others "one day" is to elevate and serve themselves.
Is this the ONLY reason?

Could there NOT be ANY other reason at all?

If yes to these clarifying questions, then HOW do 'you', supposedly, KNOW this?
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:16 pm It changes nothing right now.
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I say in this forum is meant to change anything right now. The "time" is NOT YET 'RIGHT'.

ALLOWING 'you', human beings, to keep IGNORING what is being said here now and to keep ABUSING each "other" and your One and ONLY home is HAPPENING for a very PERFECT REASON.

What IS happening and occurring HERE, NOW is PERFECTION, in ACTION.

Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:16 pm I especially don't like the way these "seers" don't recognize or acknowledge the existing and active potential in everyone else!
LOL if you actually BELIEVE that this is what I do NOT recognize, then you are actually far more BLINDED than I first noticed.

And, some people do NOT like the way 'you' do NOT recognize or acknowledge the existing and active potential in EVERY one else.

By the way, if you BELIEVE that I do NOT recognize nor have ALREADY acknowledged the potential in EVERY one, then you still have a LOT MORE to learn in regards to what I have ALREADY actually SAID, and ACKNOWLEDGED.
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:16 pm Do they really think that the Universe is so freakin' small as to make THEMSELVES the only seers? That doesn't make any sense!
Who are you asking this to?

Who are you actually referencing this about?

What you said here has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with what I have actually already said, and will say.

Also, if that perception of yours does NOT make any sense, AND you still do NOT YET understand what some people might have that type of view, then you really do have a LOT MORE to learn, and understand, about 'you', human beings.

Oh, and by the way, WHY do you think and/or believe that you are the 'only seer' of some truths?

You do know that you do appear to have a very strong drive and need to be above "others" in regards to "sharing", making it known, YOUR OWN VIEW and some of your OWN truths about the Universe, which you BELIEVE that you are the "seer" of?

You, obviously, STRONGLY DESIRE "others" to SEE what you ALREADY SEE, and thus are the only SEER of.
User avatar
Lacewing
Posts: 4128
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 am

Re: The Existential Crisis

Post by Lacewing »

Age wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:32 am
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:16 pm
Atla wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:29 pm since there is nothing better to do on this forum most of the time, I ran my usual psychological experiment of trying to beat some sense into them. Just the usual somewhat amusing social work, trying to bring a little more sanity into a self-destructing world, or at least rid a philosophy forum from such idiots so some high level philosophy can be done here instead.
I can relate to doing the experiments and social work too. :lol:
Once again revealing what 'you' really think or believe or that 'self', that is; a self-proclaimed leader or seer who wants to imagine them 'self' as such. As already noted: These people appear to be driven by a personal need to feel significant (and often "above" others), when they would actually benefit (themselves and everyone else) MORE from resolving their own inability to connect with all rather than trying to be above it.

If, and WHEN, you ever STOP thinking that 'you' are above "others", then 'you' can START connecting with ALL.
I do not think I am above others, Age. Do you think that people who do experiments and social work are above others? Once again, your conclusions are incorrect, and then you go on to reply a ton of nonsense in your post based on your faulty conclusions. I'm not going to waste my time dealing with all of your faulty conclusions. You are interjecting too much nonsense to deal with. Until you stop doing that, I'm not likely to spend much time responding to you.
Atla
Posts: 2886
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: The Existential Crisis

Post by Atla »

And Age once again spent hours writing walls of text no one will read.
Age
Posts: 5063
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The Existential Crisis

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:44 pm
Age wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:32 am
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:16 pm
I can relate to doing the experiments and social work too. :lol:
Once again revealing what 'you' really think or believe or that 'self', that is; a self-proclaimed leader or seer who wants to imagine them 'self' as such. As already noted: These people appear to be driven by a personal need to feel significant (and often "above" others), when they would actually benefit (themselves and everyone else) MORE from resolving their own inability to connect with all rather than trying to be above it.

If, and WHEN, you ever STOP thinking that 'you' are above "others", then 'you' can START connecting with ALL.
I do not think I am above others, Age.
Well just like you PRESUME that is the way I speak, then the way you speak can ALSO be SEEN/PRESUMED to be the EXACT SAME.

Contrary to your belief, I also NEITHER think that i am above others.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:44 pm Do you think that people who do experiments and social work are above others?
No.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:44 pm Once again, your conclusions are incorrect, and then you go on to reply a ton of nonsense in your post based on your faulty conclusions.
Once again YOUR CONCLUSION IS WRONG.

Once again, you asked 'ME' a clarifying question BUT instead of WAITING for MY ANSWER, you answer your OWN question BEFORE I even get a chance to respond.

Once again, YOU JUMPED TO A CONCLUSION, BEFORE CLARIFYING.

YOUR CONCLUSION of what I would say, could not be further from what thee actual Truth IS.

Your continual PRESUMING and ASSUMING is NOT helping you in any way, shape, nor form
Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:44 pm I'm not going to waste my time dealing with all of your faulty conclusions.
REMEMBER, without CLARIFICATION you are ONLY PRESUMING what MY ACTUAL CONCLUSIONS ARE.

And, as PROVEN, once again, YOUR PRESUMPTIONS of what my conclusions ARE tend to be ALWAYS completely and utter WRONG
Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:44 pm You are interjecting too much nonsense to deal with.
And your are OBVIOUSLY PRESUMING far to much.

What you consider to be nonsense is PROVING to be your OWN WRONG PRESUMPTIONS.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:44 pm Until you stop doing that, I'm not likely to spend much time responding to you.
You do NOT respond to me because you can NOT back up and support YOUR CLAIMS.
Post Reply