Grandaddy's Gun

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A
Posts: 5120
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Grandaddy's Gun

Post by Nick_A »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:14 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:33 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:32 pm True story: my friend, the LA Democrat, emailed me recently for advice. He's never owned a firearm before, and he wanted to know what sort to get for home defence, because of the riots in his area. I helped him out, of course. What are friends for?
What was it? A bazooka from the local Wal-Mart? :mrgreen:
He went to a reputable dealer, and bought legally. And he's taking it to a gun-range to train formally, with lessons. He's never shot a gun before. He never thought he'd have to. But he has two small children and a wife, and he's not a large man. He has to secure himself and his family against the rioters in his area.

The same area is crying for the police to be defunded. So what's left? Buy a gun.
Now he will have something to leave his grandson reminding him of his grandfather's willingness to be a man and defend his family.
Age
Posts: 5049
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Grandaddy's Gun

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:20 pm I don't need to own guns to live in a free society

mebbe not, but you probably need guns to secure & keep a free society
Is it just me or do "others" see the absolute hypocrisy and ridiculousness of thinking and proposing that to secure and keep a, so called, "free society", then guns are probably needed?

For the one's that think this sort of stuff, then please will you inform me of what 'it' actually IS, which guns will supposedly or probably secure and keep the "free society" from exactly?

From an outside perspective, what is observed is that the ONLY 'thing' that, so called, "free societies" on earth need to protect themselves from, with defense forces, weapons, and guns, is 'other', so called, "free societies".

From my perspective, the purchasing, securing, and keeping of guns, in order to protect yourselves, is just because you 'need' to protect yourselves from your own selves. The ONLY real danger, in the Universe, which 'you', human beings, NEED to protect yourselves from, is; 'you', human beings.

Because some of you own guns, then there is more, so called, "reason" you 'need' to, so call, "protect yourselves". If a human being with a gun, is one reason 'you' 'need' to 'protect' yourselves, which "justifies" the securing and the keeping of ANOTHER gun, then, hopefully, the idiosyncrasy of this is not lost on some.

If a human being with a gun is one thing you need to protect your self from, then, obviously if 'you', human beings, got rid of ALL of the guns, then there is one less thing, which 'you' need to, and have to, so call, ''protect'' yourselves from.

If one, supposedly, 'needs' to arm them self with a gun to, so call, "protect" them self from one armed with a gun, then what is actually 'needed' to prevent this most stupid of behavior would surely be PURE OBVIOUS, correct?
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 8703
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Grandaddy's Gun

Post by Immanuel Can »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:47 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:14 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:33 pm

What was it? A bazooka from the local Wal-Mart? :mrgreen:
He went to a reputable dealer, and bought legally. And he's taking it to a gun-range to train formally, with lessons. He's never shot a gun before. He never thought he'd have to. But he has two small children and a wife, and he's not a large man. He has to secure himself and his family against the rioters in his area.

The same area is crying for the police to be defunded. So what's left? Buy a gun.
Now he will have something to leave his grandson reminding him of his grandfather's willingness to be a man and defend his family.
Well, I can tell you that the man may be a Democrat, but he's a caring father and for the many years I've known him, no coward. And a man's got to do what he has to do to protect his family. So there it is. It takes a lot to make a man like that buy a gun; but he's at that point. And who could blame him?
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 8703
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Grandaddy's Gun

Post by Immanuel Can »

Age wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:16 am
henry quirk wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:20 pm I don't need to own guns to live in a free society

mebbe not, but you probably need guns to secure & keep a free society
Is it just me or do "others" see the absolute hypocrisy and ridiculousness of thinking and proposing that to secure and keep a, so called, "free society", then guns are probably needed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF_nOb4_ew8
Age
Posts: 5049
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Grandaddy's Gun

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:57 pm From who? The aliens?

or kings

or commies


Freedom means freedom from violence.
Freedom from crime.
Freedom from worry.
Freedom from <all the social ails that plague us>


that's how you see it: for me, freedom is self-direction & self-responsibility, not safety
In what direction are you taking your 'self' with a gun?

henry quirk wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:57 pm If you need the guns, you ain't free.

without the means to self-defend: you ain't free
What do you believe you actually 'need' to, so call, "self-defend" from, EXACTLY?

henry quirk wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:57 pm If you don't need them but can't have them anyway, you ain't free either.

I have mine; it saved my ass more than once: I'm here and I'm free
What did this gun supposedly save "your ass" from, EXACTLY?

I am also unsure how one can feel free if they feel a 'need' to own a gun.
Age
Posts: 5049
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Grandaddy's Gun

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:19 am
Age wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:16 am
henry quirk wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:20 pm I don't need to own guns to live in a free society

mebbe not, but you probably need guns to secure & keep a free society
Is it just me or do "others" see the absolute hypocrisy and ridiculousness of thinking and proposing that to secure and keep a, so called, "free society", then guns are probably needed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF_nOb4_ew8
Just as I asked.
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 8703
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Grandaddy's Gun

Post by Immanuel Can »

Age wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:25 am
Is it just me or do "others" see the absolute hypocrisy and ridiculousness of thinking and proposing that to secure and keep a, so called, "free society", then guns are probably needed?
Just as I asked.
Then let me introduce you to the term "irony." :wink:
Age
Posts: 5049
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Grandaddy's Gun

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:27 am
Age wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:25 am
Is it just me or do "others" see the absolute hypocrisy and ridiculousness of thinking and proposing that to secure and keep a, so called, "free society", then guns are probably needed?
Just as I asked.
Then let me introduce you to the term "irony." :wink:
Exactly what I was thinking when I watched that video.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8370
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

atto

Post by henry quirk »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:33 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:32 pm True story: my friend, the LA Democrat, emailed me recently for advice. He's never owned a firearm before, and he wanted to know what sort to get for home defence, because of the riots in his area. I helped him out, of course. What are friends for?
What was it? A bazooka from the local Wal-Mart? :mrgreen:
I wish.

I'd love me some of that hot bazooka action.
Last edited by henry quirk on Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8370
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

age

Post by henry quirk »

Is it just me or do "others" see the absolute hypocrisy and ridiculousness of thinking and proposing that to secure and keep a, so called, "free society", then guns are probably needed?

yeah, it's just you


For the one's that think this sort of stuff, then please will you inform me of what 'it' actually IS, which guns will supposedly or probably secure and keep the "free society" from exactly?

I answered that upthread


What did this gun supposedly save "your ass" from, EXACTLY?

unkind folks who broke into my home lookin' to take my shit and hurt me in process
Age
Posts: 5049
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: age

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:29 am Is it just me or do "others" see the absolute hypocrisy and ridiculousness of thinking and proposing that to secure and keep a, so called, "free society", then guns are probably needed?

yeah, it's just you
henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:29 amFor the one's that think this sort of stuff, then please will you inform me of what 'it' actually IS, which guns will supposedly or probably secure and keep the "free society" from exactly?

I answered that upthread
A typical response.

Also, from what I have seen, upthread, there is NO answer to my question.
henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:29 amWhat did this gun supposedly save "your ass" from, EXACTLY?
henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:29 amunkind folks who broke into my home lookin' to take my shit and hurt me in process
So, from your perspective, we 'need' guns because there are, so called, "unkind" people who break into other's territories and take their stuff, correct?

If this is correct, then you would have to agree that all the indigenous peoples 'needed' guns also, because of your kind, that is; the truly 'unkind' people, correct?
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8370
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Ace

Post by henry quirk »

there is NO answer to my question.

You mean this: please will you inform me of what 'it' actually IS, which guns will supposedly or probably secure and keep the "free society" from exactly?

Like I say upthread: kings and commies.


So, from your perspective, we 'need' guns because there are, so called, "unkind" people who break into other's territories and take their stuff, correct?

Can't speak for we; will speak for me: yes, there are sumbitches in the world and I aim to defend me and mine against 'em.


If this is correct, then you would have to agree that all the indigenous peoples 'needed' guns also, because of your kind, that is; the truly 'unkind' people, correct?

Well, I'm no conquerer or thief or murderer or rapist, and I wasn't around when all that conquest was goin' on, so I don't accept your indictment of me as a member of the truly 'unkind' people.

As to the question about indigenous folks back then needin' firearms: sure, they could have made good use of the armaments of the day. They didn't have any and look what happened. Thanks for lendin' support to my point (you probably need guns to secure & keep a free society).
Age
Posts: 5049
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Ace

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:33 am there is NO answer to my question.

You mean this: please will you inform me of what 'it' actually IS, which guns will supposedly or probably secure and keep the "free society" from exactly?

Like I say upthread: kings and commies.
Well guns have obviously ALREADY been proven to NOT work against "kings" and "commies". In fact it is guns that are 'needed' and used by "kings" and "commies" to conquer over and control "others".

henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:33 am So, from your perspective, we 'need' guns because there are, so called, "unkind" people who break into other's territories and take their stuff, correct?

Can't speak for we; will speak for me: yes, there are sumbitches in the world and I aim to defend me and mine against 'em.
And what, supposedly, is 'yours", and how do you differentiate between "them" (the "us") and "others"?

Also, sum of those "bitches" own guns, which they say and "justify" they 'need' in order to defend "themselves" against the "bitches" like 'you', who own guns.

To them, they 'need' guns to protect themselves from people like 'you', just as as 'you' say you 'need' guns to protect your 'self', from "them", correct?
henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:33 am If this is correct, then you would have to agree that all the indigenous peoples 'needed' guns also, because of your kind, that is; the truly 'unkind' people, correct?

Well, I'm no conquerer or thief or murderer or rapist, and I wasn't around when all that conquest was goin' on, so I don't accept your indictment of me as a member of the truly 'unkind' people.
Why not? Who are the 'me and mine', kind, exactly?
henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:33 am As to the question about indigenous folks back then needin' firearms: sure, they could have made good use of the armaments of the day. They didn't have any and look what happened. Thanks for lendin' support to my point (you probably need guns to secure & keep a free society).
Ah, so it is the society with the biggest and most powerful armament, which, to you, will be the, so called, the "free society", correct?

Also, I was NOT lending support to any point. I was just asking you some clarifying questions.

And, armaments do not stop people wanting to conquer "others". The only thing that stops people wanting to conquer over "others" is the people, themselves.

By the way, I would not be so sure above, of what you say you are not.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8370
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Ace

Post by henry quirk »

Well guns have obviously ALREADY been proven to NOT work against "kings" and "commies"

Wait, you mean America didn't break from the Crown?

Well, shit.


And what, supposedly, is 'yours"

What's mine is the stuff I worked to purchase or make...and there ain't no supposedly about it, bubba.


how do you differentiate between "them" (the "us") and "others"?

The bad eggs do bad shit; the good eggs don't.


Also, sum of those "bitches" own guns, which they say and "justify" they 'need' in order to defend "themselves" against the "bitches" like 'you', who own guns.

No, they don't say or think that. I own a shotgun for defense; they own to offend. We're not on the same page, me and them.

And: it's sumbitches, a bastardization of sons of bitches ; it ain't sum of of those "bitches", and I ain't no bitch, pal.


To them, they 'need' guns to protect themselves from people like 'you', just as as 'you' say you 'need' guns to protect your 'self', from "them", correct?

No, they want guns so they can take what isn't theirs; I have a gun to make sure they don't take mine.


Why not?

I don't accept responsibility for crimes I didn't commit.


Who are the 'me and mine', kind, exactly?

Me: the guy talkin' to you.

Mine: my 14 year old.


Ah, so it is the society with the biggest and most powerful armament, which, to you, will be the, so called, the "free society", correct?

Nope. Never said shit about might makes right. I say a free society stays free through the capacity to self-defend against those who'd make it a slave state.


And, armaments do not stop people wanting to conquer "others".

Never said guns make folks not want to conquer. Guns can keep them from conquering, even if they want to.


The only thing that stops people wanting to conquer over "others" is the people, themselves.

Sure. Hasn't happened yet.


By the way, I would not be so sure above, of what you say you are not.

You mean to say that mebbe I'm a conquerer or thief or murderer or rapist?

Pony up some evidence.
Age
Posts: 5049
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Ace

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:30 am Well guns have obviously ALREADY been proven to NOT work against "kings" and "commies"

Wait, you mean America didn't break from the Crown?
No. I did NOT mean that at all.
henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:30 amWell, shit.


And what, supposedly, is 'yours"

What's mine is the stuff I worked to purchase or make...and there ain't no supposedly about it, bubba.
Well this explains the reason why you BELIEVE you can take orbsteal from "others", and then call it "yours".

henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:30 amhow do you differentiate between "them" (the "us") and "others"?

The bad eggs do bad shit; the good eggs don't.
And, would I be correct if I said that you believe that you are one of the, so called, "good" ones?

henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:30 amAlso, sum of those "bitches" own guns, which they say and "justify" they 'need' in order to defend "themselves" against the "bitches" like 'you', who own guns.

No, they don't say or think that. I own a shotgun for defense; they own to offend. We're not on the same page, me and them.
But if they say that they own their guns for defense, then they are on the EXACT SAME"page" as you, correct?
henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:30 amAnd: it's sumbitches, a bastardization of sons of bitches ; it ain't sum of of those "bitches", and I ain't no bitch, pal.
But this NOT what I have been told.

And, if you claim you are not some bitch, then are you a son of a bitch?

henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:30 amTo them, they 'need' guns to protect themselves from people like 'you', just as as 'you' say you 'need' guns to protect your 'self', from "them", correct?

No, they want guns so they can take what isn't theirs; I have a gun to make sure they don't take mine.
'Yours', which has already been taken, correct?

henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:30 amWhy not?

I don't accept responsibility for crimes I didn't commit.
You also do not accept responsibility for the crimes that you do commit but which you are not yet aware of, correct?
henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:30 amWho are the 'me and mine', kind, exactly?

Me: the guy talkin' to you.

Mine: my 14 year old.
So, in this supposed "free society", that one, which you say, "is mine", they can only do what 'you' ALLOW them to do, correct? Or, do that have complete freedom?
henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:30 amAh, so it is the society with the biggest and most powerful armament, which, to you, will be the, so called, the "free society", correct?

Nope. Never said shit about might makes right. I say a free society stays free through the capacity to self-defend against those who'd make it a slave state.
So, that society, which you find your 'self' in is then definitely NOT a free society, under that description of yours here, correct?

henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:30 amAnd, armaments do not stop people wanting to conquer "others".

Never said guns make folks not want to conquer. Guns can keep them from conquering, even if they want to.
But if the conquers have bigger guns, then obviously guns, which are smaller, have already been proven to NOT work in keeping "others" from conquering.

henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:30 amThe only thing that stops people wanting to conquer over "others" is the people, themselves.

Sure. Hasn't happened yet.
This is because of DENIAL, itself, which you are proving is very deeply imbedded in the human psyche.

Also, just because something has not yet happened, up until a certain date, this in NO way means nor infers that it cannot not happen.

henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:30 amBy the way, I would not be so sure above, of what you say you are not.

You mean to say that mebbe I'm a conquerer or thief or murderer or rapist?
No.
henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:30 amPony up some evidence.
Of 'what', exactly?
Post Reply