A Survival Guide for Living in the Simulation

Discussion of articles that appear in the magazine.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Now

A Survival Guide for Living in the Simulation

Post by Philosophy Now »

Harry Whitnall considers how best to react if you find out that the world isn’t real.

https://philosophynow.org/issues/139/A_Survival_Guide_for_Living_in_the_Simulation
owl of Minerva

Re: A Survival Guide for Living in the Simulation

Post by owl of Minerva »

A few thoughts come to mind on reading this. Would the laws of nature, the strong, neutral, and weak forces apply to the simulation? Are mental concepts, mathematics, ones, and zeros, which describe or mimic reality, beyond these laws or are they subject to them as are quarks, gluons, and bosuns? Concepts can be seen as neutral until acted on when a choice produces a cause which in turn produces an effect. "Unlimited pleasures" would lead to unlimited woes as they do in the real world as they disturb the balance of nature. That is if we "assume that the simulation was made to be accurate to reality."

As far as purpose goes the goal should be to join the creators, our friends and acquaintances would not be real, by not identifying with the simulation and rise above its laws and limitations and enjoy the show.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

owl of Minerva wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:45 pm A few thoughts come to mind on reading this. Would the laws of nature, the strong, neutral, and weak forces apply to the simulation? Are mental concepts, mathematics, ones, and zeros, which describe or mimic reality, beyond these laws or are they subject to them as are quarks, gluons, and bosuns? Concepts can be seen as neutral until acted on when a choice produces a cause which in turn produces an effect. "Unlimited pleasures" would lead to unlimited woes as they do in the real world as they disturb the balance of nature. That is if we "assume that the simulation was made to be accurate to reality."

As far as purpose goes the goal should be to join the creators, our friends and acquaintances would not be real, by not identifying with the simulation and rise above its laws and limitations and enjoy the show.
Does an imbecile know that he is in a playground full of imbeciles?

Zeros and ones don't describe anything, they are the base level of information. Once you start congealing them into some structured way of interpretation, perhaps then one might have a boson.

That IS the nature of reality, that broken down to it's most finite scale, either there is an event or there isn't...binary - on or off - zero or one - event or nought.

We R in a REAL_IT_Y with a 3rd Party Intelligence behind its construct, I just happen to believe, and with good reason, we are in the primary reality.
www.androcies.com
owl of Minerva

Post by owl of Minerva »

attofishpi wrote:
We R in a REAL_IT_Y with a 3rd Party Intelligence behind its construct, I just happen to believe, and with good reason, we are in the primary reality.
............................................................................................................................................................................
If we are in the primary reality who is the 3rd Party intelligence behind its construct?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

owl of Minerva wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:24 pm attofishpi wrote:
............................................................................................................................................................................
If we are in the primary reality who is the 3rd Party intelligence behind its construct?
I guess you didn't check my website link.

The entity most refer to as GOD, I've had gnosis since 1997.

It appears to have left some fingerprints of its handy work, examples are on my website, but here is one:

Mount SINAI - (SIN-AI) - note that the location of Mt Sinai is between the two fingers extending from the Red Sea (to scale)

Exhibition:-Simulation or Divine Reality ?
www.androcies.com / www.andrewseas.com