Defunding Police

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo
Posts: 3368
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: gaffo

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:49 pm
I say all men recognize natural law, but many don't abide it.
thanks for reply Sir BTW.

dissagree i think there are millions of americans that not only do not understand NL concepts, and if they did they would reject them.

- i welcome a disscusion about this -- your view is all amers respect NL though some do not abide.

i say they not both.

so we can talk about it.

I love NL myself, as i think you do - we are in the same mentality here, only saying many millions of americans are not in our camp (where you assume they are - but somehow rejecting this NL mentality)

BTW there have always been thinkers and persons of conscience, to even in the heartland of the Congo say 500 yrs ago - or today - there were the few 1-percenters that shared our mindset and affirmed NL - if not on works or as working in their shitty culture - but in mindset those 1-percenters are our brothers, only born in an area not amaible to NL championing via their headhunter cutlure.

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:49 pm
I think bein' American fundamentally does involve that recognition of natural law.

agreed, in general NL concept/mentality is not just an American mendset, but a Brit one prior to American Independance - Locke/etc predate "american independance" NL mindset is was born in the Enlightment - so to 1400's in most of Europe (and maybe from Greek though - when the Europeans re-found what was lost via the dark ages, from the arabs that preserved the old works. (in 1200 Arab Culture was the enlightened one, and the Europeans were the in the Dark ages - today the roles are reversed - Arab culture today is fully in the dark age, but "Soft Power" is a hope for them to move out of the dark age "We" had a millian prior.

not sure on this - i'm not a learn scholar of Socratise/Arostotle/Plato - just saying the concept of NL might date to that time in that culture.

we know for sure NL dates to BEFORE 1776 - and why America saw a violation of it as British persons living in North America move to revolt from the motherland. I.E the Brits become more thugger post the 17th century, negating their own Parlement and championing their Monarch - prob due to the civla war (Charles 1). somehow the Brits that formally affirmed NL - by 1650's lessen valuing them, and by 1740's we had a full dissconect bet the colony and the motherland on the valuing of NL and the role of the monarch.

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:49 pm Consider the Constitution: by itself, it's a rather flavorless exercise, a blueprint for limited government and an assurance that power should reman in the hands of the people. All well and fine but lackin' context. You have to couple the Constitution with the Declaration of Independence for the context.
agreed, i too prefer the DOI in its spirited lanquage over our US Constitution.

9th is still my fav Amendment - and the mindset of the over doc/ as well as that of DOI.


henry quirk wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:49 pm Simply: the Crown failed to the recognize natural law/rights, the Declaration codifies this abuse, codifies natural law/rights, and the declares the break of colonists from the Crown because of the abuse. The Constitution codifies what the Framers viewed as an appropriate prophylactic against such abuses.

agreed fully, when the Brit colonies were founded, the Brit Empire affirmed NL, but later became more Empircal, and so the Colonists affirming the earlier view of the British Empire - i.e. affirm the precepts of NL - when they understood the motherland had backslide and not longer affirm what they did a century earlier, were forced to revolt.

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:49 pm No, the problem isn't that cops must hold to, and fail to hold to, a higher standard; the problem is: some cops are insulated from the consequences of not holdin' to the standard a private citizen is held to which -- again -- is simply respectin' the life, liberty, and property of the other.
I don't follow but know you have a point/view - so maybe rephrase/ small works for the dumb like me - to understand and so discuss.


henry quirk wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:49 pm ??????? truly don't understand, but i know you have point, and if willing can to clarify it so i can understand and converse with you about it?

Don't know how to be clearer. Mebbe an example will help...

If I shoot someone: I'm arrested, my weapon confiscated, and there's an investigation. If the shooting is found just (self-defense, defense of another), the charges are dropped and I (should) get my gun back. If the shooting is found unjust (murder) then I go to trial where, if found guilty, I'm sentenced to the Big House.

If a cop shoots someone: he's taken off duty, he surrenders his service weapon (but not any of his personal weapons), he is not arrested, there's an investigation (enacted by his fellows, who may be inclined to favor him). Even if the shoot is found unjust, the cop may never be indicted or face trial.

The cop is insulated from consequence. Strip away that insulation.
yes. and want do you think about that double standard? - for me i hate it.
gaffo
Posts: 3368
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Defunding Police

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:45 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:03 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am

We've not had the necessary education. We've not had enough positive role models. Black kids get gansta rap, and the largely white and jewish record producers are only to happy to propogate the myth of young black malesYBM; TV companies are only too willing to spew out a daily diet of YBMs in conflict with themsleves and the police every night on the news. FOr some reason they seem to spend less time on the corruption of government, or the mass killings of the military around the world.
Choices are limited for YBM. Psychologists have proven the extent of unconsious racism.
This can lead to prejudice in black cops as well as white.

Here's one way to tackle racism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mcCLm_ ... 2SZgYKpw-Y
You make some good points. I don't think people of color are portrayed very well in the entertainment industry in the ways you suggest. The same with native Americans and working-class whites. :(
With the grand exception of Morgan Freeman there seems to be a tendency to portary black as bad people.
As for all working class- of all colour they are so often unsympathetic trailor trash. In a world where the rich get to make films, the likleyhood of them being fair minded, or being understanding about the problems of lower class people is slim.
In the UK there are some exceptions; Shane Meadows, Mike Leigh, and Ken Loach.

In the US Hollywood tends to do very badly with the sort of movies made by these three.
Ken Loach is TOPS - watch and a fan of all his films from the 60-80s!!!!!

Ken is one the Greats of all time Directors IMO.
gaffo
Posts: 3368
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Defunding Police

Post by gaffo »

gaffo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:57 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:45 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:03 pm

You make some good points. I don't think people of color are portrayed very well in the entertainment industry in the ways you suggest. The same with native Americans and working-class whites. :(
With the grand exception of Morgan Freeman there seems to be a tendency to portary black as bad people.
As for all working class- of all colour they are so often unsympathetic trailor trash. In a world where the rich get to make films, the likleyhood of them being fair minded, or being understanding about the problems of lower class people is slim.
In the UK there are some exceptions; Shane Meadows, Mike Leigh, and Ken Loach.

In the US Hollywood tends to do very badly with the sort of movies made by these three.
Ken Loach is TOPS - watch and a fan of all his films from the 60-80s!!!!!

Ken is one the Greats of all time Directors IMO.

and Peter Watkins.

User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2140
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Defunding Police

Post by Sculptor »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:05 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:45 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:03 pm

You make some good points. I don't think people of color are portrayed very well in the entertainment industry in the ways you suggest. The same with native Americans and working-class whites. :(
With the grand exception of Morgan Freeman there seems to be a tendency to portary black as bad people.
Do you ever run out of stupid comments? I suppose it was 'racist' to cast Hannibal Lecter as a white person then.
You are such a bloody idiot.
As if I give a flying fuck what you think.
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2140
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Defunding Police

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:08 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:14 am

yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVMYfuzhbxk
The veggie c*nt, if she were capable of reading, should have long ago figured out that my position of the four participants is Lionel Shriver.
Shiver is my mindset also - so we share the same mindset.
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am I hate all women lists; or all black lists; I also disagree with BAME and Jewish groups in the labour party.
so you are Brit via the above reference - i did not know this......reference to Labour and "antisemitism" (Corbin!!!!!!!!!!!!) gave you away, now i know and so can understand your viewpoints better understanding where you are from - I'm just an Southern American Joe myself (so now you know my cultural background too - so lets TALK about "Stuff".


Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am
I don't agree with quoters; nor to I agree with boosting women's wages; or handing out special grants to people because of their colour. I think identity politics is a waste of time; divisive and disruptive and ignores the real problems.
My view is that, if you educate people about the damage of racism, and you tackle real poverty equally for people of all colours only then can you achieve racial equality and eauality of opportunity.
I agree fully.
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am However, you have to be some kind of moronic idiot to reject the idea that we live in a racist society and that people have a range of damaging prejudices that are hurting people of colour.
again, i agree.
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am We've not had the necessary education. We've not had enough positive role models. Black kids get gansta rap, and the largely white and jewish record producers are only to happy to propogate the myth of young black malesYBM; TV companies are only too willing to spew out a daily diet of YBMs in conflict with themsleves and the police every night on the news. FOr some reason they seem to spend less time on the corruption of government, or the mass killings of the military around the world.

yep. ;-/.

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am Choices are limited for YBM.
for sure as for xwigers(sp)/etc - ya prejudice sucks - all over the world in all times.



Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am Psychologists have proven the extent of unconsious racism.
This can lead to prejudice in black cops as well as white.
yep, i agree, so why does your post seem to be to one that views me on the opposite side?, rather than on your side.

everything you said above to my mind i agree with 100-percent.

so what the deal with you?
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am Here's one way to tackle racism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mcCLm_ ... 2SZgYKpw-Y
I saved the post - it one hour and an interested in replying to posts here since the last time i as here - but it is saved and shall view later in the week.

I personally think MalcomX was a greater man than King Jr (not early on - Malcom as a racsist early one - but not before he died).

I'm ok with agreeing to disagreeing, and both men were wise men with a sense of justice, and fully (and fully welcoming discussions about those 2 great men murdered before their proper time of living a long and full life into old age)

thanks for reply.
Seriously I doubt we on the same page.
The reason I agree with Shriver is because I think identity politics has not achived what it claims to have done. It is divisive and tend to strengthen the idea that people of different colour are different essentially. Blacks are as good as anyone else. Puting them in a box and giving them special treatment is saying they are not as capable, and favouring them over disadvantaged whites causes resentment.
The reason why blacks do not do as well is because of white bigotry, and endemic and systemic racism through all levels of society.
How you cure than is education. Not handing out grants to black kids who are not ready for college. This is just replacing one species of discrimination with another.
I favour massive spending on education and social programmes to raise people up to their highest potential. This should not focus on black people. This should be completely colour blind and provide a boost for all in poverty.
ANd I think we should squeeze the fuck out of the indolent rich to achieve that.
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9136
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Defunding Police

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:40 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:05 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:45 pm
With the grand exception of Morgan Freeman there seems to be a tendency to portary black as bad people.
Do you ever run out of stupid comments? I suppose it was 'racist' to cast Hannibal Lecter as a white person then.
You are such a bloody idiot.
As if I give a flying fuck what you think.
Clearly you do :|
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2140
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Defunding Police

Post by Sculptor »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:00 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:40 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:05 am

Do you ever run out of stupid comments? I suppose it was 'racist' to cast Hannibal Lecter as a white person then.
You are such a bloody idiot.
As if I give a flying fuck what you think.
Clearly you do :|
Please refer to the comment I made some moments ago.
...

PS and fuck off
User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9136
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Defunding Police

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:03 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:00 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:40 am

As if I give a flying fuck what you think.
Clearly you do :|
Please refer to the comment I made some moments ago.
...

PS and fuck off
And I love you too :D
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2140
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Defunding Police

Post by Sculptor »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:07 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:03 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:00 am

Clearly you do :|
Please refer to the comment I made some moments ago.
...

PS and fuck off
And I love you too :D
Please refer to the comment I made some moments ago.
commonsense
Posts: 2369
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Defunding Police

Post by commonsense »

Cut it out.
Impenitent
Posts: 2909
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Defunding Police

Post by Impenitent »

gaffo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:31 am
Impenitent wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:27 pm
gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:51 am

yep.

and to you, do you not think the COPS tend to Siege and occupy, as well as shoot first and ask questions later as well as more of the former mentality if the persons are black?

- if not (you reject my assertions/observations) - school me bubba.
nope. I think the cops tend to act accordingly from situation to situation... those that do not are prosecuted...
ok so you reject the concept of racial bias ( we disagree on this) - but would be HAPPY if COPS a plugged a thug when he presents a danger to the Cop = be he Black or white - your claim is that he Cop acts without the color of the perp) - a professional would and i would wish all cops do so., i just do not think so.

so lets talk about it! offer support for your proposition that the cops are color blind (and ignore Black on black grimes) - and are not color biased.

lets talk about it (I assume you are just wrong in this and not a racist, so welcome discussion), but i have no interest in talk if you are a racist.

cards on the table, is all i saying.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/07/ ... shootings/

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/32/15877

"Similarly, Black and Hispanic officers (compared with White officers) were more likely to fatally shoot Black and Hispanic civilians. This does not mean that there are department policies encouraging non-White officers to fatally shoot minorities. Rather, the link between officer race and FOIS appears to be explained by officers and civilians being drawn from the same population, making it more likely that an officer will be exposed to (and fatally shoot) a same-race civilian."

do your own research

-Imp
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2140
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Defunding Police

Post by Sculptor »

Impenitent wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:44 pm
gaffo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:31 am
Impenitent wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:27 pm

nope. I think the cops tend to act accordingly from situation to situation... those that do not are prosecuted...
ok so you reject the concept of racial bias ( we disagree on this) - but would be HAPPY if COPS a plugged a thug when he presents a danger to the Cop = be he Black or white - your claim is that he Cop acts without the color of the perp) - a professional would and i would wish all cops do so., i just do not think so.

so lets talk about it! offer support for your proposition that the cops are color blind (and ignore Black on black grimes) - and are not color biased.

lets talk about it (I assume you are just wrong in this and not a racist, so welcome discussion), but i have no interest in talk if you are a racist.

cards on the table, is all i saying.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/07/ ... shootings/

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/32/15877

"Similarly, Black and Hispanic officers (compared with White officers) were more likely to fatally shoot Black and Hispanic civilians. This does not mean that there are department policies encouraging non-White officers to fatally shoot minorities. Rather, the link between officer race and FOIS appears to be explained by officers and civilians being drawn from the same population, making it more likely that an officer will be exposed to (and fatally shoot) a same-race civilian."

do your own research

-Imp
This is a croc of fake bullshit.
Since the white population of the USA is 73% WHITE, then one would expect more whites to be killed by police than others.
There ought to be only 12% of shootings of black people, since that is the %age of blacks in the USA.
Sadly it is far more than that.
If there was racial equality yo umight expect there to be a similar amount of whites in prison.
But no the white population of gaol is not 73% but 24%; and the black prison population is not 12% but 34%.
gaffo
Posts: 3368
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Defunding Police

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:48 am
gaffo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:08 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am

The veggie c*nt, if she were capable of reading, should have long ago figured out that my position of the four participants is Lionel Shriver.
Shiver is my mindset also - so we share the same mindset.
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am I hate all women lists; or all black lists; I also disagree with BAME and Jewish groups in the labour party.
so you are Brit via the above reference - i did not know this......reference to Labour and "antisemitism" (Corbin!!!!!!!!!!!!) gave you away, now i know and so can understand your viewpoints better understanding where you are from - I'm just an Southern American Joe myself (so now you know my cultural background too - so lets TALK about "Stuff".


Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am
I don't agree with quoters; nor to I agree with boosting women's wages; or handing out special grants to people because of their colour. I think identity politics is a waste of time; divisive and disruptive and ignores the real problems.
My view is that, if you educate people about the damage of racism, and you tackle real poverty equally for people of all colours only then can you achieve racial equality and eauality of opportunity.
I agree fully.
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am However, you have to be some kind of moronic idiot to reject the idea that we live in a racist society and that people have a range of damaging prejudices that are hurting people of colour.
again, i agree.
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am We've not had the necessary education. We've not had enough positive role models. Black kids get gansta rap, and the largely white and jewish record producers are only to happy to propogate the myth of young black malesYBM; TV companies are only too willing to spew out a daily diet of YBMs in conflict with themsleves and the police every night on the news. FOr some reason they seem to spend less time on the corruption of government, or the mass killings of the military around the world.

yep. ;-/.

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am Choices are limited for YBM.
for sure as for xwigers(sp)/etc - ya prejudice sucks - all over the world in all times.



Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am Psychologists have proven the extent of unconsious racism.
This can lead to prejudice in black cops as well as white.
yep, i agree, so why does your post seem to be to one that views me on the opposite side?, rather than on your side.

everything you said above to my mind i agree with 100-percent.

so what the deal with you?
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am Here's one way to tackle racism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mcCLm_ ... 2SZgYKpw-Y
I saved the post - it one hour and an interested in replying to posts here since the last time i as here - but it is saved and shall view later in the week.

I personally think MalcomX was a greater man than King Jr (not early on - Malcom as a racsist early one - but not before he died).

I'm ok with agreeing to disagreeing, and both men were wise men with a sense of justice, and fully (and fully welcoming discussions about those 2 great men murdered before their proper time of living a long and full life into old age)

thanks for reply.
Seriously I doubt we on the same page.
The reason I agree with Shriver is because I think identity politics has not achived what it claims to have done. It is divisive and tend to strengthen the idea that people of different colour are different essentially. Blacks are as good as anyone else. Puting them in a box and giving them special treatment is saying they are not as capable, and favouring them over disadvantaged whites causes resentment.
The reason why blacks do not do as well is because of white bigotry, and endemic and systemic racism through all levels of society.
How you cure than is education. Not handing out grants to black kids who are not ready for college. This is just replacing one species of discrimination with another.
I favour massive spending on education and social programmes to raise people up to their highest potential. This should not focus on black people. This should be completely colour blind and provide a boost for all in poverty.
ANd I think we should squeeze the fuck out of the indolent rich to achieve that.
I agree fully, dont understand why you do not think we are on the same page. IMO Identity politics is toxic and tribal, and both King and Malcom X (after he left his cult and understood the bigger picture (character matters, not one's race) died for what you and i champion.

- i watched your link - it was about the lady that did the blue eye/black eye thing in 1970. It was great! BTW.
gaffo
Posts: 3368
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Defunding Police

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:05 pm
Impenitent wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:44 pm
gaffo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:31 am

ok so you reject the concept of racial bias ( we disagree on this) - but would be HAPPY if COPS a plugged a thug when he presents a danger to the Cop = be he Black or white - your claim is that he Cop acts without the color of the perp) - a professional would and i would wish all cops do so., i just do not think so.

so lets talk about it! offer support for your proposition that the cops are color blind (and ignore Black on black grimes) - and are not color biased.

lets talk about it (I assume you are just wrong in this and not a racist, so welcome discussion), but i have no interest in talk if you are a racist.

cards on the table, is all i saying.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/07/ ... shootings/

https://www.pnas.org/content/116/32/15877

"Similarly, Black and Hispanic officers (compared with White officers) were more likely to fatally shoot Black and Hispanic civilians. This does not mean that there are department policies encouraging non-White officers to fatally shoot minorities. Rather, the link between officer race and FOIS appears to be explained by officers and civilians being drawn from the same population, making it more likely that an officer will be exposed to (and fatally shoot) a same-race civilian."

do your own research

-Imp
This is a croc of fake bullshit.
Since the white population of the USA is 73% WHITE, then one would expect more whites to be killed by police than others.
There ought to be only 12% of shootings of black people, since that is the %age of blacks in the USA.
Sadly it is far more than that.
If there was racial equality yo umight expect there to be a similar amount of whites in prison.
But no the white population of gaol is not 73% but 24%; and the black prison population is not 12% but 34%.
white now make up less than your claim - its around 60 percent of so - its not clear, due to most (all really) demographic changes in America are due to Latinos (who are mostly mixed (Mestizo (Amer Indian/White mix), then white (75/25)- not many black latinos (2? percent or so), but a few).

the projection is that by 2040 "Whites will be a majority minority" whatever that means.

it means Trumpers go their panties in a bunch over Obama, and now fear non-WASPS - anyone that is not a WASP is not white to them -so an Italian or Spanard (both white of course), Catholic!!!!!!!!!!! is not "white".

Mexican? including the blond? - "she's a Catholic isn't she" - not white either!

IMO that 2040 date is a Trumper date, 25-percent of Latinos are white - the rest are not black nor american indian - they are mixed.

so IMO that date is more like probably 2300 or so before "whites" - both Cathoiic white Mexicans and WASP American Whites will not longer be the majory in America is the more accurate timeline.
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2140
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: Defunding Police

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:11 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:48 am
gaffo wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:08 am

Shiver is my mindset also - so we share the same mindset.



so you are Brit via the above reference - i did not know this......reference to Labour and "antisemitism" (Corbin!!!!!!!!!!!!) gave you away, now i know and so can understand your viewpoints better understanding where you are from - I'm just an Southern American Joe myself (so now you know my cultural background too - so lets TALK about "Stuff".





I agree fully.



again, i agree.




yep. ;-/.




for sure as for xwigers(sp)/etc - ya prejudice sucks - all over the world in all times.






yep, i agree, so why does your post seem to be to one that views me on the opposite side?, rather than on your side.

everything you said above to my mind i agree with 100-percent.

so what the deal with you?



I saved the post - it one hour and an interested in replying to posts here since the last time i as here - but it is saved and shall view later in the week.

I personally think MalcomX was a greater man than King Jr (not early on - Malcom as a racsist early one - but not before he died).

I'm ok with agreeing to disagreeing, and both men were wise men with a sense of justice, and fully (and fully welcoming discussions about those 2 great men murdered before their proper time of living a long and full life into old age)

thanks for reply.
Seriously I doubt we on the same page.
The reason I agree with Shriver is because I think identity politics has not achived what it claims to have done. It is divisive and tend to strengthen the idea that people of different colour are different essentially. Blacks are as good as anyone else. Puting them in a box and giving them special treatment is saying they are not as capable, and favouring them over disadvantaged whites causes resentment.
The reason why blacks do not do as well is because of white bigotry, and endemic and systemic racism through all levels of society.
How you cure than is education. Not handing out grants to black kids who are not ready for college. This is just replacing one species of discrimination with another.
I favour massive spending on education and social programmes to raise people up to their highest potential. This should not focus on black people. This should be completely colour blind and provide a boost for all in poverty.
ANd I think we should squeeze the fuck out of the indolent rich to achieve that.
I agree fully, dont understand why you do not think we are on the same page. IMO Identity politics is toxic and tribal, and both King and Malcom X (after he left his cult and understood the bigger picture (character matters, not one's race) died for what you and i champion.

- i watched your link - it was about the lady that did the blue eye/black eye thing in 1970. It was great! BTW.
Ok no problem.
Post Reply