Defunding Police

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Impenitent

Re: Defunding Police

Post by Impenitent »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:53 pm ...

Civilians - in all nations / at all times - have a "lower bar" of conduct, vs "The State"

especially rioting and destroying cities in the name of communism/blm...

-Imp
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Impenitent wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:11 am
gaffo wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:53 pm ...

Civilians - in all nations / at all times - have a "lower bar" of conduct, vs "The State"

especially rioting and destroying cities in the name of communism/blm...

-Imp
yep.

and to you, do you not think the COPS tend to Siege and occupy, as well as shoot first and ask questions later as well as more of the former mentality if the persons are black?

- if not (you reject my assertions/observations) - school me bubba.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:14 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:36 am Yep. Everyone's a racist except the pious woke one and his fellow adherents to the doctrine of Political Correctness :roll:
yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVMYfuzhbxk
The veggie c*nt, if she were capable of reading, should have long ago figured out that my position of the four participants is Lionel Shriver. I hate all women lists; or all black lists; I also disagree with BAME and Jewish groups in the labour party. I don't agree with quoters; nor to I agree with boosting women's wages; or handing out special grants to people because of their colour. I think identity politics is a waste of time; divisive and disruptive and ignores the real problems.
My view is that, if you educate people about the damage of racism, and you tackle real poverty equally for people of all colours only then can you achieve racial equality and eauality of opportunity.
However, you have to be some kind of moronic idiot to reject the idea that we live in a racist society and that people have a range of damaging prejudices that are hurting people of colour.
We've not had the necessary education. We've not had enough positive role models. Black kids get gansta rap, and the largely white and jewish record producers are only to happy to propogate the myth of young black malesYBM; TV companies are only too willing to spew out a daily diet of YBMs in conflict with themsleves and the police every night on the news. FOr some reason they seem to spend less time on the corruption of government, or the mass killings of the military around the world.
Choices are limited for YBM. Psychologists have proven the extent of unconsious racism.
This can lead to prejudice in black cops as well as white.

Here's one way to tackle racism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mcCLm_ ... 2SZgYKpw-Y
henry quirk

gaffo

Post by henry quirk »

Consider: a man, as I understand morality, is bound to respect the life, liberty, and property of another (and vice versa).

ok, i see what you are saying - all men affirm natural law.

but they don't! there is only one mandate - a legal one/not a moral one - for being an American.

Be Born here, or becoming naturalized.

I say all men recognize natural law, but many don't abide it. That's free will for ya.

I think bein' American fundamentally does involve that recognition of natural law. Consider the Constitution: by itself, it's a rather flavorless exercise, a blueprint for limited government and an assurance that power should reman in the hands of the people. All well and fine but lackin' context. You have to couple the Constitution with the Declaration of Independence for the context.

Simply: the Crown failed to the recognize natural law/rights, the Declaration codifies this abuse, codifies natural law/rights, and the declares the break of colonists from the Crown because of the abuse. The Constitution codifies what the Framers viewed as an appropriate prophylactic against such abuses.

-----

Rule of Law

In context: Rule of Law is about civil & criminal applications of natural law/rights (a man's life, liberty, property belong to him all the time, without exception).

-----

No, the problem isn't that cops must hold to, and fail to hold to, a higher standard; the problem is: some cops are insulated from the consequences of not holdin' to the standard a private citizen is held to which -- again -- is simply respectin' the life, liberty, and property of the other.

??????? truly don't understand, but i know you have point, and if willing can to clarify it so i can understand and converse with you about it?

Don't know how to be clearer. Mebbe an example will help...

If I shoot someone: I'm arrested, my weapon confiscated, and there's an investigation. If the shooting is found just (self-defense, defense of another), the charges are dropped and I (should) get my gun back. If the shooting is found unjust (murder) then I go to trial where, if found guilty, I'm sentenced to the Big House.

If a cop shoots someone: he's taken off duty, he surrenders his service weapon (but not any of his personal weapons), he is not arrested, there's an investigation (enacted by his fellows, who may be inclined to favor him). Even if the shoot is found unjust, the cop may never be indicted or face trial.

The cop is insulated from consequence. Strip away that insulation.
Last edited by henry quirk on Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am

We've not had the necessary education. We've not had enough positive role models. Black kids get gansta rap, and the largely white and jewish record producers are only to happy to propogate the myth of young black malesYBM; TV companies are only too willing to spew out a daily diet of YBMs in conflict with themsleves and the police every night on the news. FOr some reason they seem to spend less time on the corruption of government, or the mass killings of the military around the world.
Choices are limited for YBM. Psychologists have proven the extent of unconsious racism.

You make some good points. I don't think people of color are portrayed very well in the entertainment industry in the ways you suggest. The same with native Americans and working-class whites. :(
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:51 am

yep.

and to you, do you not think the COPS tend to Siege and occupy, as well as shoot first and ask questions later as well as more of the former mentality if the persons are black?

nope. I think the cops tend to act accordingly from situation to situation... those that do not are prosecuted...

but have no fear, the new social justice warrior squad that will enforce the new communal order will never abuse their power

bend over for utopia

see you in hell

-Imp
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:03 pm

You make some good points. I don't think people of color are portrayed very well in the entertainment industry in the ways you suggest. The same with native Americans and working-class whites. :(
With the grand exception of Morgan Freeman there seems to be a tendency to portary black as bad people.
As for all working class- of all colour they are so often unsympathetic trailor trash. In a world where the rich get to make films, the likleyhood of them being fair minded, or being understanding about the problems of lower class people is slim.
In the UK there are some exceptions; Shane Meadows, Mike Leigh, and Ken Loach.

In the US Hollywood tends to do very badly with the sort of movies made by these three.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

'Lower class people' :lol:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:33 am
henry quirk wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:16 am ALL COPS must be Saints BECAUSE they represent The State!

Never understood this higher standard that cops are supposed to strive for.
Hi Henry from one Libertarian to another, good to see ya, and lets talk about it!
Natural born psychopaths, of which American has statistically more than its fair share, tend to be attracted to the military, criminality,and the police force.
Whilst Psychopathy is a distinct advantage in the military and in criminality, it is not a vvery good idea for psychopaths "serving and protecting".
It should be encumbent on the recruitment services across American to take steps to avoid employing psychopaths. Sadly nothing of the sort seem to be the case.
And since American policing is wide ranging and based on capricious criteria across different jurisdisctions from Sheriff chiefdoms to Federal officers. There is no talling what sort of f*cking maniac you are going to be faced with when pulls over in the car.

But f*ck yes our police have to represent a higher standard that the average criminal.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:57 pm 'Lower class people' :lol:
like you , you rancid c*nt
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:45 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:03 pm

With the grand exception of Morgan Freeman there seems to be a tendency to portary black as bad people.
Do you ever run out of stupid comments? I suppose it was 'racist' to cast Hannibal Lecter as a white person then.
You are such a bloody idiot.
henry quirk

"But f*ck yes our police have to represent a higher standard that the average criminal."

Post by henry quirk »

Sure, no argument from me on that.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:14 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:36 am Yep. Everyone's a racist except the pious woke one and his fellow adherents to the doctrine of Political Correctness :roll:
yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVMYfuzhbxk
The veggie c*nt, if she were capable of reading, should have long ago figured out that my position of the four participants is Lionel Shriver.
Shiver is my mindset also - so we share the same mindset.
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am I hate all women lists; or all black lists; I also disagree with BAME and Jewish groups in the labour party.
so you are Brit via the above reference - i did not know this......reference to Labour and "antisemitism" (Corbin!!!!!!!!!!!!) gave you away, now i know and so can understand your viewpoints better understanding where you are from - I'm just an Southern American Joe myself (so now you know my cultural background too - so lets TALK about "Stuff".

I don't agree with quoters; nor to I agree with boosting women's wages; or handing out special grants to people because of their colour. I think identity politics is a waste of time; divisive and disruptive and ignores the real problems.
My view is that, if you educate people about the damage of racism, and you tackle real poverty equally for people of all colours only then can you achieve racial equality and eauality of opportunity.
I agree fully.
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am However, you have to be some kind of moronic idiot to reject the idea that we live in a racist society and that people have a range of damaging prejudices that are hurting people of colour.
again, i agree.
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am We've not had the necessary education. We've not had enough positive role models. Black kids get gansta rap, and the largely white and jewish record producers are only to happy to propogate the myth of young black malesYBM; TV companies are only too willing to spew out a daily diet of YBMs in conflict with themsleves and the police every night on the news. FOr some reason they seem to spend less time on the corruption of government, or the mass killings of the military around the world.

yep. ;-/.

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am Choices are limited for YBM.
for sure as for xwigers(sp)/etc - ya prejudice sucks - all over the world in all times.

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am Psychologists have proven the extent of unconsious racism.
yep, i agree, so why does your post seem to be to one that views me on the opposite side?, rather than on your side.

everything you said above to my mind i agree with 100-percent.

so what the deal with you?
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:30 am Here's one way to tackle racism.
I saved the post - it one hour and an interested in replying to posts here since the last time i as here - but it is saved and shall view later in the week.

I personally think MalcomX was a greater man than King Jr (not early on - Malcom as a racsist early one - but not before he died).

I'm ok with agreeing to disagreeing, and both men were wise men with a sense of justice, and fully (and fully welcoming discussions about those 2 great men murdered before their proper time of living a long and full life into old age)

thanks for reply.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Impenitent wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:27 pm
gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:51 am

yep.

nope. I think the cops tend to act accordingly from situation to situation... those that do not are prosecuted...
ok so you reject the concept of racial bias ( we disagree on this) - but would be HAPPY if COPS a plugged a thug when he presents a danger to the Cop = be he Black or white - your claim is that he Cop acts without the color of the perp) - a professional would and i would wish all cops do so., i just do not think so.

so lets talk about it! offer support for your proposition that the cops are color blind (and ignore Black on black grimes) - and are not color biased.

lets talk about it (I assume you are just wrong in this and not a racist, so welcome discussion), but i have no interest in talk if you are a racist.

cards on the table, is all i saying.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:58 pm
gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:33 am
henry quirk wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:16 am ALL COPS must be Saints BECAUSE they represent The State!

Never understood this higher standard that cops are supposed to strive for.
Hi Henry from one Libertarian to another, good to see ya, and lets talk about it!
Natural born psychopaths, of which American has statistically more than its fair share, tend to be attracted to the military, criminality,and the police force.
Whilst Psychopathy is a distinct advantage in the military and in criminality, it is not a vvery good idea for psychopaths "serving and protecting".
It should be encumbent on the recruitment services across American to take steps to avoid employing psychopaths. Sadly nothing of the sort seem to be the case.
And since American policing is wide ranging and based on capricious criteria across different jurisdisctions from Sheriff chiefdoms to Federal officers. There is no talling what sort of f*cking maniac you are going to be faced with when pulls over in the car.

But f*ck yes our police have to represent a higher standard that the average criminal.
At first from your reply i thought you were calling me and my buddy Henry (sorry for presuming Henry - just trying to be funny, i do like you but think your views are not idealistic enough to make me a buddy you yours
(too bleak/nihalistic)- associate more apt) out as psychopaths - and so took offence.

but held my tough and finger at keyboard ( nowbody likes the self riechtous virtue signalar (also known as the Hypocrite).

and so i held my finger, the understood - though your reply as not clear here - that you are not saying Henry and mysell were psychopaths...............so my head and rage cleared,

and so i agree with you.