Defunding Police

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Impenitent

Re: Defunding Police

Post by Impenitent »

gaffo wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:36 am
Impenitent wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:10 pm
commonsense wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:32 pm The issue is not blacks killing blacks.
then you think black lives don't really matter, do they?

-Imp
the argument is the conduct of Government Representatives, not the conduct of civilians.
right, the sainted civilians can do no wrong, destroying others private property and businesses...

work? we can't work in the business we burned to the ground... utopia!!

didn't abort your baby for the glory of the marxist state? just shoot it, liberal democrat mayors and DA's will not prosecute

and you really think the majority want this?

have you noticed gun sales lately?

I see dead leftists

-Imp
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:52 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:07 pm
A few black activists might be crazy as bat shit, but they are pissing in the wind, she ain't "in charge"
not relivant,

what she is saying is no different than a clansman - the latter is not in charge either.

your defense of racism is pathetic.
No, I am attacking your childish racism you twat.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Yep. Everyone's a racist except the pious woke one and his fellow adherents to the doctrine of Political Correctness :roll:
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

gaffo wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:29 am
commonsense wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:38 am
What a crock. You’ve just side-stepped the central issue, which is that white police are murdering blacks at a disproportionately high rate. Guy
and black police.
Point taken. I think the public issue focuses on white cops.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

gaffo wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:39 am
commonsense wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:07 pm
Maybe a million times more white crackers are being killed than blacks. Killing blacks is wrong. Killing whites is wrong.
why did you use a racism slur for whites? Im white and do not like to be refered to as a Cracker any more than a black would be called a n*****.
Because I’m passionate about the topic and it’s unsettling and I’m entitled to use the term. I sincerely apologize for offending you.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:11 am
gaffo wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:10 am
I'm all for defunding the police (not abolishing) - tighten the purse strings and maybe they will make batter hiring choices, and train to PROTECT AND SERVE ME - rather than hiring former Irqnam vets with PTSD who only thing to OCCUPY AND SIEGE ME.

so ya fuck the cops, they have the wrong mentality - go back to the older days of PROTECT AND SERVE - pigs all to me until they learn the old school mentality - pre Iraqnam vet hiring days.
But, according to some, paying people less to be police officers should result in poorer quality people applying for the job. If you want quality police officers (or so the theory goes) you should pay well. On the other hand, I suppose perhaps paying more also lures more people who are only interested in good pay and not as interested in serving the community. I don't know.
pay means nothing, i now poor folks with the a right mindset and would make good cops.

the problem is vetting/focus - there is no vetting, and in fact IMO i think a bias to actually hire former Iraq vets with PTSD - because the Police Chief share their mindset that my Town is just another Faluqa.

the hiring mindset is corrupt/wrong - and the good apples (good cops - sign up to Serve instead of thinking he is at war with his "subjects"/community) either just eventually quit. or become corrupt by doing nothing when his partner does wrong - (pussies out via the "thin blue line" (playing tribalist over doing right and taking the bullet for it)).
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Impenitent wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:46 am
gaffo wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:36 am
Impenitent wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:10 pm

then you think black lives don't really matter, do they?

-Imp
the argument is the conduct of Government Representatives, not the conduct of civilians.
right, the sainted civilians can do no wrong,
-Imp
Its a philosophical view - this a such a forum yes?

Many Civilians are pure assholes and no saints, and in fact they do not need to be Saints since they do not represent "The State"

while ALL COPS must be Saints BECAUSE they represent The State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is not a hard mindset of what i talking about here. - so lets discuss it!

Civilians - in all nations / at all times - have a "lower bar" of conduct, vs "The State"

so ya, it sucks to be COP if he thinks having a higher level of conduct representing the state is "too hard" , vs just being a civilian asshole.

------------

Civilian moral conduct mandate is orders of magnitude lower than that of State Actors. (Police).
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:03 am
gaffo wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:52 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:07 pm
A few black activists might be crazy as bat shit, but they are pissing in the wind, she ain't "in charge"
not relivant,

what she is saying is no different than a clansman - the latter is not in charge either.

your defense of racism is pathetic.
No, I am attacking your childish racism you twat.
thanks for that Twat - you are better than this reply. sadly.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

commonsense wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:09 pm
Maybe a million times more white crackers are being killed than blacks. Killing blacks is wrong. Killing whites is wrong.
why did you use a racism slur for whites? Im white and do not like to be refered to as a Cracker any more than a black would be called a n*****.
Because I’m passionate about the topic and it’s unsettling and I’m entitled to use the term. I sincerely apologize for offending you.
AS i thought - i too an emotional over injustice toward my Black Americans at the hands of COPS. just had to call you out on the use of Cracker, which is not different than ****, Chink, Wop, Dago, and has no place in civil discourse.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

commonsense wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:57 pm
commonsense wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:38 am
What a crock. You’ve just side-stepped the central issue, which is that white police are murdering blacks at a disproportionately high rate. Guy
and black police.
agreed. but lets not let the non-black cops off the hook, though employed in the same system - there remains individual agency.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:36 am Yep. Everyone's a racist except the pious woke one and his fellow adherents to the doctrine of Political Correctness :roll:
yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVMYfuzhbxk
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

ALL COPS must be Saints BECAUSE they represent The State!

Never understood this higher standard that cops are supposed to strive for.

Consider: a man, as I understand morality, is bound to respect the life, liberty, and property of another (and vice versa).

What higher standard does a cop need to attend to?

No, the problem isn't that cops must hold to, and fail to hold to, a higher standard; the problem is: some cops are insulated from the consequences of not holdin' to the standard a private citizen is held to which -- again -- is simply respectin' the life, liberty, and property of the other.

The solution: strip away that insulation, hold a man responsible for his actions (badge or no badge).

You might have to break the back of the union to get there.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

commonsense wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:09 pm
Adembum to my prior post i did not notice your part above - and I’m entitled to use the term i do not think anyone is entitled to use the that term - be they black or white - ya per freedom of speech you have the right to use that term, but not "entitled" - i don't like Blacks using "niggger" WRt to each other either, but they do. I do not presume i am entitled to use that term being a White man - my GF is black, and we have talk about it - i never use the term, where i differ with Black folks is i don't think they should use it either.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:16 am ALL COPS must be Saints BECAUSE they represent The State!

Never understood this higher standard that cops are supposed to strive for.
Hi Henry from one Libertarian to another, good to see ya, and lets talk about it!

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:16 am Consider: a man, as I understand morality, is bound to respect the life, liberty, and property of another (and vice versa).
ok, i see what you are saying - all men affirm natural law.

but they don't! there is only one mandate - a legal one/not a moral one - for being an American.

Be Born here, or becoming naturalized.

its plausible that there are a few million (a small minority - thankfully) - of Americans that have an ISIS mindset, Might make Right - fully ignore moral concepts of Natural Law, but being born in America are fully American Citizens.

thugs? yep.

but still citizens - sadly.

they are because of accident of birth, they do not need to take a loyality to Natural Law nor even to our Constitution to be Americans.

they can hate both - and sadly i suspect there are a few millions that do - 1-percent or so - from the few Muslims/Hesisdic Jews - but mostly Zioist Evangelical Christians --- -all the same mindset from differing faiths (but if you are born here - you American! - its that simple).

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:16 am What higher standard does a cop need to attend to?
US Constitution of coure.

Rule of Law

etc.............

I'm speaking in the ideal of course!!!!!!!!!!

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:16 am No, the problem isn't that cops must hold to, and fail to hold to, a higher standard; the problem is: some cops are insulated from the consequences of not holdin' to the standard a private citizen is held to which -- again -- is simply respectin' the life, liberty, and property of the other.
??????? truly don't understand, but i know you have point, and if willing can to clarify it so i can understand and converse with you about it?

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:16 am The solution: strip away that insulation, hold a man responsible for his actions (badge or no badge).

You might have to break the back of the union to get there.
??? ibid, still don't understand.

BTW i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed - use small words and have patience if willy for me to understand.

;-).
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:12 am
commonsense wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:57 pm

and black police.
agreed. but lets not let the non-black cops off the hook, though employed in the same system - there remains individual agency.
Yes.