Does insanity have any responsibility?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Does insanity have any responsibility?

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:01 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:33 am I personally think mature grown men and women should become hermits and live the solo life. That way, all would be well at all times.

No choices to make, no arguments, no stress, no responsibilty, just pure being, who you always are, always have been, and always will be, just me myself and I, your own best friend, mother and father forever and ever, Amen, Ah bliss. :mrgreen: :D :lol:

But then of course, it's each to their own, after all, it's their heaven or hell...or both together, whatever grooves with ya.
I hear ya! Being a happy hermit has served me well for many years at different points throughout my life, and admittedly enabled me to accomplish a lot. Over a year ago, I met a guy who made me laugh a lot, but I discovered quickly how he could turn my life and energy completely upside down with his lack of awareness and instability, such that I would lose ground and feel depleted. So I eagerly went back to being a hermit!
Amen to that, I totally get it. :lol: :D
Lacewing wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:01 pmThen at the beginning of the global pandemic :shock: this year, I met a guy who is a good, conscious soul, and a sweet man. We're very good to and for each other, and it just feels right when we're together. We stay in the moment. Although he voted for Trump (hahaha!!), which would normally be a deal-breaker for me, he's not a big Trump supporter, and we connect on so much more way beyond that. It feels easy, fun, and natural. I'm welcoming each moment of it with open arms. I truly was not expecting I'd ever meet anyone I could have this kind of experience with. We simply never know how the waves and tides will come together, DAM. Although we may be radiating our hearts out to the Universe, there is much to us that we may be unaware of ourselves. Like you, I think we just have to do our best to keep our vibration true and lovingly open no matter what, because there is extraordinary sweetness in that of itself!
How nice for you.

However, for me, I have chosen the path of the one, the solo life. But not because I don't like PEOPLE, but rather I don't like the high price that always come with close intimate relationships between two people living together. For me, there is a much too high price tag attached, that I am not willing to pay. I have no problem living alone with myself, I own my own house and my 4 children have all moved on and are now living in their own houses. I personally have no desire or need for other people, especially people who want to form intimate close relations with me, of which there have a been a few. One guy who lives locally, I am good friends with, he adores me, and I adore him but we cannot stand spending more than 1 day together before we need our own personal space. He is the male version of me, he's a hermit who loves the solo life too. I have known this person for 25 years, we have stayed friends. He has proved to me that there really are good genuine people out there in the world.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:01 pmI think it would be a good idea for a lot of people to have some time being a hermit... as well as, not having kids right away. Seems like many people don't get the opportunity to develop their own personal growth when they're so focused on caretaking and negotiating with others. I like to think that we come here for more than popping out more humans. It's such a beautiful landscape to explore through so many layers/levels if we don't get corralled into typical and fearful herd mentality... affecting our physical choices as well as our spiritual ones.
I absolutely agree with you, and thanks for being so open and candid in sharing your thoughts and aspirations. :D
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:58 am I have chosen the path of the one, the solo life. But not because I don't like PEOPLE, but rather I don't like the high price that always come with close intimate relationships between two people living together.
I understand. I may be back on that path at some point again. It is wonderful to know that it is a very happy and most satisfying path!

As happens, I received an extraordinary gift from the Universe which, based on my sense of it, could be very rewarding to embrace and flow with to discover the potential beyond what I can see/imagine. So, I will find out what that's about. :D
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:58 amOne guy who lives locally, I am good friends with, he adores me, and I adore him... /... He is the male version of me... /...I have known this person for 25 years, we have stayed friends. He has proved to me that there really are good genuine people out there in the world.
These connections are wonderful gifts! I've had a similar friend, but he's married and I haven't seen him since the pandemic.

I've often wondered how we might evolve partnerships. Away from conventional marriages and expected living arrangements, perhaps... to whatever works best for each person in the partnership, to support their individual love affair with life and the Universe. How ecstatic, I think, to be personally fulfilled and inspired, and then come together in celebration with another who is likewise.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:27 pm
I've often wondered how we might evolve partnerships. Away from conventional marriages and expected living arrangements, perhaps... to whatever works best for each person in the partnership, to support their individual love affair with life and the Universe. How ecstatic, I think, to be personally fulfilled and inspired, and then come together in celebration with another who is likewise.
I'm not that optimistic of the idea ''another likeminded one'' Lacewing. :)
Owned partnership dynamics can get complicated.
The ideal partership dynamic is the one that allows the other complete freedom to come and go and be without emotional attachment..

Expectation is a killer of relationships. To be truly free and loving is to be totally comfortable in your own skin, and to be ok with being totally alone in the world. And then, if other people do want to hang with you, then you'll know they are with you because they really do want to be with you. And then of course, as long as they 100% respect your love for solitude when they are with you, is what makes for a healthy balanced relationship, and that would be the perfect relationship in my opinion. Quite rare to be honest, and is why this one here, the DAM, follows no one but herself.

I've been working on myself all my life and have learnt the meaning of the phrase: "Be in the world, but not of the world"
Such wisdom is knowing evil intention has no power over me, and that I don't have to be trapped by the evil principles of human actions. Free will is the true nature of beingness, it excludes no action. Every action is allowed.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Hello there my two fellow hermits another one here to celebrate all things solitary
Older and wiser [ most definitely that ] so just keeping to myself and staying busy

Live on my own with no job or family or friends and would not have it any other way
I did not choose this existence but nevertheless accepted it as that is all one can do

I like the physical and psychological space that being alone gives me so as a consequence want nothing more than what I have right now
My one true goal is knowledge and I have many books to read and so am doing exactly what I want to and hopefully will till the day I die
I am so used to being alone [ twelve years now ] that it does not bother me and so am therefore as free as I can be all things considered

I have zero fear of death and as time progresses am slowly letting go of the mental chains that bind me to this world
I am simply passing through so for me there is no need to hold onto this existence any more than I have to or want to
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:56 am Hello there my two fellow hermits another one here to celebrate all things solitary
Older and wiser [ most definitely that ] so just keeping to myself and staying busy

Live on my own with no job or family or friends and would not have it any other way
I did not choose this existence but nevertheless accepted it as that is all one can do

I like the physical and psychological space that being alone gives me so as a consequence want nothing more than what I have right now
My one true goal is knowledge and I have many books to read and so am doing exactly what I want to and hopefully will till the day I die
I am so used to being alone [ twelve years now ] that it does not bother me and so am therefore as free as I can be all things considered

I have zero fear of death and as time progresses am slowly letting go of the mental chains that bind me to this world
I am simply passing through so for me there is no need to hold onto this existence any more than I have to or want to
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:48 pm...
surreptitious57 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:56 am...
I agree with both of you. I, too, have been single and lived alone for about 12 years here in the woods, loving the freedom, never getting bored nor lonely, and do not fear death. I shall pass through this world like every other living thing, and I feel completely at peace with that. Life has been wonderfully full and entertaining, and I feel grateful for it.

I love being a hermit, while there's another element to me that has to do with sharing depth and joy. I very much like to play with others to experience co-creation that's ecstatic with the right people. Even as a kid, I had a powerful longing/vision to share life with a uniquely "kindred spirit" (ideas of marriage or kids were not important to me). Instead, I ended up dealing with and playing with those who appeared over the years -- as I went through the motions of creating and living life, while having as much fun as possible with what was.

Surprisingly, I've now met someone with whom the vibe feels like nothing I've ever experienced. He's like an old hippy, aware and kind, doing yoga, playing guitar, and being very expressive in appreciating and loving everything about me. :D Each of us being a combination of sweet and rowdy, we speak the same playful language and laugh together about it. We want the greatest fulfillment for each other and together -- we're not needy or selfish. Maybe I knew at a young age how profound connections COULD BE, and I naturally longed for that. I'm staying in the moment to treasure this experience for whatever it is, as long as it lasts.

I think it is good to appreciate all of life for whatever it is, while being open to embrace even more joy and fulfillment than we might otherwise fathom. I wonder if we actually came into these human forms to interact and co-create, so IF the right co-creator comes along, it might just be glorious to see what results from that. But it's also wonderful to know how to be a happy and fulfilled hermit, taking it all in!
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

surreptitious57 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:56 am
Life is kind of strange in having to give back what was never asked for and likely wouldn't have accepted had the offer been made.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

surreptitious57 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:56 am Hello there my two fellow hermits another one here to celebrate all things solitary

You cannot "pass through" a terminus.

You should take heart in the fact that there is indeed a true END.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Seriously... what is it with these guys who come on this forum and use it as a public record for their volumes of babbling as if that were some profound or divine greatness that the world has never seen? It's the most idiotic, self-glorified crap I've ever encountered. They won't even interact about it, they just want to BE PUBLISHED and SEEN. Well then, fucking write something worth publishing and go publish it and see if anyone gives a crap. That's what takes courage! And get some friends who will talk back to you and tell you the truth! That takes courage too.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:20 am

The only thing 'passing through' is the 'thought of you'. To 'pass through' needs a 'somewhere or place' in which to pass through.
End implies began.
The true END is the thought of you, which is also simultaneously the beginning of you.
And what can begin will end.
That which begins and ends is not real.
What is real is the 'you' in which the 'thought of you' arises and is known instantly one with the knowing.
That 'you' is 'consciousness' the only knowing there is. Knowing does not begin nor end, only what is known has a beginning and end.
And that which has a beginning and end knows NOTHING.

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:09 am
Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:20 am

The only thing 'passing through' is the 'thought of you'. To 'pass through' needs a 'somewhere or place' in which to pass through.
End implies began.
The true END is the thought of you, which is also simultaneously the beginning of you.
And what can begin will end.
That which begins and ends is not real.
What is real is the 'you' in which the 'thought of you' arises and is known instantly one with the knowing.
That 'you' is 'consciousness' the only knowing there is. Knowing does not begin nor end, only what is known has a beginning and end.
And that which has a beginning and end knows NOTHING.

Denial
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:57 am
Denial
Nothing denies.
Systematic

Post by Systematic »

Impenitent wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:25 am insanity...

having someone else make your decisions for you...

your un-elected government bureaucrats know what is best for society...

obey

-Imp
You're forgetting that most Americans believe in slave morality q.v. Nietzsche. Any "insanity" i.e. master morality, would be a break with their own "sanity" i.e. slave morality. Thought you should now what word game you were playing part in.

But I find it interesting that the bureaucrats use the philosophy of "might makes right".

Police: What were you doing?
Me: Yelling at my neighbors that I wasn't afraid of them.
Police: Why?
Me: They were threatening me.

Police report: He was chasing a school bus down the street.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Systematic wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:09 am
Impenitent wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:25 am insanity...

having someone else make your decisions for you...

your un-elected government bureaucrats know what is best for society...

obey

-Imp
You're forgetting that most Americans believe in slave morality q.v. Nietzsche. Any "insanity" i.e. master morality, would be a break with their own "sanity" i.e. slave morality. Thought you should now what word game you were playing part in.

But I find it interesting that the bureaucrats use the philosophy of "might makes right".

Police: What were you doing?
Me: Yelling at my neighbors that I wasn't afraid of them.
Police: Why?
Me: They were threatening me.

Police report: He was chasing a school bus down the street.
not forgetting a thing...

anyone who thinks they have the power, usually believes they have the right as well

-Imp