Defunding Police

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RCSaunders

Re: Defunding Police

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:24 pm You think for yourself? You, who calls anyone you don't agree with a 'commie'?
I think you are making a mistake. You may go through anything I've written, here or anywhere else (I'll be glad to provide a link to a few hundred articles and millions of words you can check out) where I have never used the word, "commie," or ever used the word, "communist," to describe anyone. Why would I do a thing like that. I don't mind people disagreeing with me. You disagree with me all the time, but I still love you!
henry quirk

Veg

Post by henry quirk »

RCSaunders wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:44 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:24 pm You think for yourself? You, who calls anyone you don't agree with a 'commie'?
I think you are making a mistake. You may go through anything I've written, here or anywhere else (I'll be glad to provide a link to a few hundred articles and millions of words you can check out) where I have never used the word, "commie," or ever used the word, "communist," to describe anyone. Why would I do a thing like that. I don't mind people disagreeing with me. You disagree with me all the time, but I still love you!
I'm the one who calls everyone commie (cuz they are), not RC.

RC is a good egg; me, I'm the old stinker.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

RCSaunders wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:21 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:45 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:32 pm
I suspected that, but my real question is about his use of the word, "we," which either means he thinks he speaks for all UKites or is a member of some collective. I suspect the latter. Collectivists universally despise the idea that some individuals actually choose to think for themselves.
I don't think it's all that sinister: we, in context, probably just refers to we here in-forum.
Perhaps, but I didn't get that from the context which was, "Do we have to keep importing this American nonsense into our politics. We did all this in the 80s and 90s the States are so backward." That doesn't seem to be referring to the forum, does it?

It's definitely not worth arguing, though. We can just see it differently and the drinks are on me.
You buyin'? Well Hell! Beer, beer, beer, & more beer!
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

My apologies. I was confusing you with gloominary on another thread.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:47 pm
My apologies. I was confusing you with gloominary on another thread.
Now you embarrass me. No need to apologize at all. Just thought if you were going to expend all that vituperative you'd like to improve your aim.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Gloominary wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:23 pm The liberal elite use to talk about racial, sexual and gender equality in terms of economics, but it's gone beyond that now.
They believe minorities and women are less physically safe and secure than the white majority and men due solely to racism and sexism, not at all due to black and some brown people's propensity for violence.
Not only do they want to make things safer (as if arresting fewer black and brown thugs will make anyone safer) for minorities and women, but they are willing to sacrifice the safety of men and the majority to achieve parity.

How do we feel about that?
Are you willing to sacrifice your (family's) safety to achieve absolute parity (the unachievable)?
So in other words, there's no such thing as black and brown on white hate crimes and racism?
Defund the police, white neighborhoods don't deserve safety until all neighborhoods are equally safe?
Racial quotas for police officers, arrestees, prison officers and prisoners?
No justice, no peace (sanctioned riots)?

Believe all women, what's next, believe all black and brown people?
Reintroduce segregation, all black and brown judges, jurors and prosecutors for black and brown defendants, I mean that's what these black and brown movements openly funded by Soros call for.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/13/us/p ... tions.html
What a crock. You’ve just side-stepped the central issue, which is that white police are murdering blacks at a disproportionately high rate.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

You’ve just side-stepped the central issue, which is that white police are murdering blacks at a disproportionately high rate.

What about blacks killin' blacks?

Everyone gets their panties in a twist over white debbil cops killin' blacks; nobody sez boo about blacks killin' blacks.

A dick kneels on a scumbag's throat and the center does not hold; hundreds of black men, women, and children get shot and killed and that's just business as usual.

What gives?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

The issue is not blacks killing blacks.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

commonsense wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:32 pm The issue is not blacks killing blacks.
then you think black lives don't really matter, do they?

-Imp
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:20 pm You’ve just side-stepped the central issue, which is that white police are murdering blacks at a disproportionately high rate.

Whataboutery!!
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:32 pm The issue is not blacks killing blacks.
yes, let's all comment on the gopher hole and ignore the sinkhole
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:13 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:20 pm You’ve just side-stepped the central issue, which is that white police are murdering blacks at a disproportionately high rate.

Whataboutery!!
yes, everyone is attendin' to the gopher hole, so it's just misdirection on my part to ask about the goddamn sinkhole

the gopher hole ruins the aesthetic of the lawn: obviously, looks are important, so let's focus on that

the sinkhole has been there, gettin' wider and deeper, for a loooong time: we've accounted for it, so let's get back to that gopher hole...
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Maybe the gopher hole is possible to repair while the sinkhole will take much more effort.

Maybe it’s a matter of percentages of each race who are killed. That would speak to probability of being killed more so than a comparison of raw numbers.

Maybe a million times more white crackers are being killed than blacks. Killing blacks is wrong. Killing whites is wrong.

And it is sad that killing whites received no attention at all, as if it was acceptable, until killing blacks became an issue.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

commonsense wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:07 pm And it is sad that killing whites received no attention at all,
You know this is false.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Maybe the gopher hole is possible to repair while the sinkhole will take much more effort.

so, never mind the house is slippin' into the sinkhole, focus on the gopher hole

lil johnny has a cold, I'm so worried...

what about the cancer eatin' lil johnny's brain?

oh, treatin' that cancer is too big a problem...I'll worry about it later

R.I.P. Lil Johnny

'nuff said