Statues and Sports Team Names

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

commonsense

Re: RO

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:45 pm
commonsense wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:15 pm America was founded on beliefs and values, among which is the belief that all are created to be on equal footing. The founders intended to include only men who were white, but along the way we have become woke to the rightness of including women and peoples of color.

Name-changing and statue-displacing are consistent with America’s founding values. Opposition to the replacement of team names and the removal of Confederate statues is not supported by the beliefs and values of America.

Because such opposition is not patriotic, those who are so inclined—even if they are the majority—are living in the wrong place. They should shut up, or leave, or work to get the values of our nation officially changed.
History (good & bad) is. We ought to know it, not white wash it or negate it.

As I say: if a community prefers to keep its statues, then that's what ought to happen.

But, again, none of this crap is about the statues. If it were: the Frederick Douglas statue would still stand.

Team names: again, prvate concerns. If the owner of the Redskins has a change of heart and decides to stick with redskins then that's how it's gonna be. Those who find the name racist are not obliged to spend money on tickets or merchandise. And if the name change happens, those who think it's a pussy, virtue signal aren't obligated to spend money on tickets or merchandise.

But, it's not really about racist team names or organizations.

It's not really about systemic racism.

-----

They should shut up

As a free man: I'll speak my mind as I choose, as I expect you will, as the protestors do (loudly, annoyingly, with infantile volume), so: you can kiss my monkey ass, Robot Overlord.

-----

America: the reality of it has never met up with the ideal proposed. Three steps forward, two steps back; meander like a pinball; get it right then get it wrong: this is America.

Like the fella said...

There's this passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

I been saying that shit for years. And if you heard it, that meant your ass. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was some cold-blooded shit to say to a motherfucker before I popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this morning made me think twice. See, now I'm thinking, maybe it means you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or, it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.
Are you trippin’ dude?
Gloominary

Re: Statues and Sports Team Names

Post by Gloominary »

If you unlawfully tear down a statue, you're not a peaceful protestor, you're a vandal, and you should be imprisoned.

These things must be decided democratically, not by a mob.

There's nothing necessarily offensive about confederate statues or the confederate flag, they fly the flag to celebrate their culture and states' rights, not to celebrate slavery.

As for team names like the redskins, there's nothing necessarily offensive about them either, anymore than the Minnesota Vikings is offensive.

But the liberal elite and their goons don't care about anyone or anything but themselves, so why should anyone care about them, what they think or value?
Last edited by Gloominary on Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
commonsense

Re: RO

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:45 pm
commonsense wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:15 pm America was founded on beliefs and values, among which is the belief that all are created to be on equal footing. The founders intended to include only men who were white, but along the way we have become woke to the rightness of including women and peoples of color.

Name-changing and statue-displacing are consistent with America’s founding values. Opposition to the replacement of team names and the removal of Confederate statues is not supported by the beliefs and values of America.

Because such opposition is not patriotic, those who are so inclined—even if they are the majority—are living in the wrong place. They should shut up, or leave, or work to get the values of our nation officially changed.
History (good & bad) is. We ought to know it, not white wash it or negate it.

As I say: if a community prefers to keep its statues, then that's what ought to happen.

But, again, none of this crap is about the statues. If it were: the Frederick Douglas statue would still stand.

Team names: again, prvate concerns. If the owner of the Redskins has a change of heart and decides to stick with redskins then that's how it's gonna be. Those who find the name racist are not obliged to spend money on tickets or merchandise. And if the name change happens, those who think it's a pussy, virtue signal aren't obligated to spend money on tickets or merchandise.

But, it's not really about racist team names or organizations.

It's not really about systemic racism.

-----

They should shut up

As a free man: I'll speak my mind as I choose, as I expect you will, as the protestors do (loudly, annoyingly, with infantile volume), so: you can kiss my monkey ass, Robot Overlord.

-----

America: the reality of it has never met up with the ideal proposed. Three steps forward, two steps back; meander like a pinball; get it right then get it wrong: this is America.

Like the fella said...

There's this passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

I been saying that shit for years. And if you heard it, that meant your ass. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was some cold-blooded shit to say to a motherfucker before I popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this morning made me think twice. See, now I'm thinking, maybe it means you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or, it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.
Yes, it isn’t about team names or statues or systemic racism. It’s about values.

I essentially said 3 things and you said other things without refuting my points:

1. American values are swell.
2. Opposition to American values is unAmerican.
3. My country - love it or leave it.

Thanks for ending with the Pulp Fiction reference.
Gloominary

Post by Gloominary »

The liberal mob didn't stop at confederate statues.

They tore down statues of Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln.

The liberal elite and mob hate America.

BLM leaders are calling for the destruction of depictions of Jesus as white.

BLM leaders are openly anti-white, misandrist and Marxist.

BLM are domestic terrorists, like Antifa, and they should be recognized, and treated as such.

The more the democratic party and corporations like Bank of America and Walmart continue to align themselves with BLM, the closer they come to being domestic terrorists themselves.
henry quirk

RO

Post by henry quirk »

1. American values are swell.

Describe those values. List them.

2. Opposition to American values is unAmerican.

Dissent is un-american?

3. My country - love it or leave it.

Very conservative of you.
henry quirk

Gloom

Post by henry quirk »

:thumbsup:

My only suggestion: don't confuse symptoms for the disease.
Gloominary

Post by Gloominary »

And I'm sure the liberal mob in general, Antifa and BLM in particular have committed hundreds-thousands of hate crimes against whites in the past couple of months alone in part thanks to increasing anti-white rhetoric coming out of liberal academia and media, but don't expect them to be prosecuted for hate crimes, for there's a double standard against whites in favor of minorities in the anglosphere.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma

"The name Oklahoma comes from the Choctaw phrase okla humma, literally meaning red people. "

when will they change the name of Oklahoma?

-Imp
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gloominary wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:20 am And I'm sure the liberal mob in general, Antifa and BLM in particular have committed hundreds-thousands of hate crimes against whites in the past couple of months in part thanks to increasing anti-white rhetoric coming out of liberal academia and media, but don't expect for them to be prosecuted as hate crimes, for there's a double standard against whites in favor of minorities in the anglosphere.
see NY: shootings are up, murder is up, crime overall is up

ain't cops doin' it
Gloominary

Re: Gloom

Post by Gloominary »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:19 am :thumbsup:

By disease I presume you mean collectivism in general, the liberal mob being just one manifestation of it.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Impenitent wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:22 am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma

"The name Oklahoma comes from the Choctaw phrase okla humma, literally meaning red people. "

when will they change the name of Oklahoma?

-Imp
when they do: they can call the state Sooner.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gloominary wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:25 am

By disease I presume you mean collectivism in general, the liberal mob being just one manifestation of it.
It's the war between those who will not be leashed and those who are desperate to leash.

It's sanity vs madness.

Politics, ideology, philosophy, culture: these are the dressin' we apply, to make it all palatable, or to be pretend it's sumthin' that can be managed or won.
Gloominary

Post by Gloominary »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:23 am
Gloominary wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:20 am And I'm sure the liberal mob in general, Antifa and BLM in particular have committed hundreds-thousands of hate crimes against whites in the past couple of months in part thanks to increasing anti-white rhetoric coming out of liberal academia and media, but don't expect for them to be prosecuted as hate crimes, for there's a double standard against whites in favor of minorities in the anglosphere.
see NY: shootings are up, murder is up, crime overall is up

ain't cops doin' it
Yup, felonies are exploding in places like NY, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Portland and Seattle, yet they want to continue defunding the police.

And if you go to sites like RT, Next News Network and Infowars, you can find hundreds of videos of the liberal mob assaulting people, most of them Christian, conservative or white, just for being Christian, conservative or white.

They are the scum of the earth.
Gloominary

Post by Gloominary »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:35 am
Gloominary wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:25 am

It's the war between those who will not be leashed and those who are desperate to leash.

It's sanity vs madness.

Politics, ideology, philosophy, culture: these are the dressin' we apply, to make it all palatable, or to be pretend it's sumthin' that can be managed or won.
For the most part I agree. :thumbsup:

It's also a war waged by the liberal establishment and their thugs against Christians, conservatives, whites, men and boys.

It's also a war waged by big pharma, the CDC and the WHO against the people.
henry quirk

They are the scum of the earth.

Post by henry quirk »

yep