Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat)

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Impenitent

nope, no starch here

Post by Impenitent »

seems like a waste of irony... nevermind...

-Imp
Skepdick

Re: Ownness (sumthin' short, pithy, and raw; red meat)

Post by Skepdick »

uwot wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:14 pm Not at all. I say x fully expecting you to respond y. Whaddya know? You get the message and respond y. Works nearly every time. Granted you surprise me sometimes; not much though.
So, uuuuuh, it sounds like you are as committed to the Witgensteinian/Actor-Network model as I am.

Which is fine. But I am committed to more than that. Are you?
uwot wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:14 pm Anyway, I'm wondering about all these :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that you season your posts with.
I am expressing my inner emotional state. I am laughing because I have concluded that you have misunderstood me. Which is ironic, given that you appointed yourself as the "understander of individuals".

Interpret that as you will.
uwot wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:14 pm They're not something I use or care about, but clearly they are something you think will act as a trigger.
Yeah! I am trying to trigger your humanity behind the formal/Philosophical bullshit.

Imagine that! The contrarian asshole is more human than the posturing Philosophers.
I am on the side of Logic AND humanity. I am the analytical AND continental philsoopher.

What's left for you?
uwot wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:14 pm Perhaps they'll work on you; I'm just waiting for the right moment. Hm. This might be the time:
Skepdick wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:56 pmThe irony in accusing an ironist for lacking irony is ironic.
Someone who doesn't get irony calling themselves an "ironist". Priceless :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, I get irony! I just choose to ignore it. It's a red herring.
uwot wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:14 pm Well, the important thing is you are a twat.
I just pretend to be one. That's good Philosophy, right? The fact that I have convinced you signals to me that I have Philosophy all figured out!

It's fucking bullshit!

As you have clearly figured out - I am exceptional at pretending to be a sociopath.

Do you want to interact with the real human yet, or would you prefer that I continue to philosophise/sociphatise?

Because I can totally pretend (much better than you can) that you are not allowed to say ANYTHING about emotions, feelings and subjectivity. Par for the Philosophical course.
uwot

New Age Skepdick.

Post by uwot »

Skepdick wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:54 pmI am the analytical AND continental philosopher.
Uh-huh. So you're dumb X2.
Skepdick wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:54 pmDo you want to interact with the real human yet...
Ecce homo eh? So who is the genius creator of Skepdick the revolting narcissist?
Skepdick

Re: New Age Skepdick.

Post by Skepdick »

uwot wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:04 pm Uh-huh. So you're dumb X2.
I am "dumb" to the power of infninty.

Are you hating the player or the game?
uwot wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:04 pm Ecce homo eh? So who is the genius creator of Skepdick the revolting narcissist?
Narcissism is about self-admiration, no?

How much of a narcissist can I really be if I consciously make you hate me?
How much of a narcissist can I really be if I consciously degrade myself?

let me let you in on a secret: if I let you believe that I am a dick and a skeptic - you can't use it against me.
It's almost as if I know that "Tu quoque" is every Philosopher's crutch. Obviously - because I use it against you.

Why doesn't the "understander" understand that?
uwot

Nah. Same old Skepdick.

Post by uwot »

Skepdick wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:07 pmHow much of a narcissist can I really be if I consciously make you hate me?
Get a grip Skepdick, you're a character, remember? Either that or it's a Scooby Doo moment when you pull off the hideous monster mask and, well I never, there's a hideous human underneath it.
Skepdick

Re: Nah. Same old Skepdick.

Post by Skepdick »

uwot wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:58 pm Get a grip Skepdick, you're a character, remember? Either that or it's a Scooby Doo moment when you pull off the hideous monster mask and, well I never, there's a hideous human underneath it.
Don't hate the player - hate the game.

Philosophy. Behind the philosophical mask there sure is a human.

So it may well be a fair thing to say that philosophy breeds psychopaths.
uwot

Same old Skepdick.

Post by uwot »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:15 amDon't hate the player - hate the game.
Hatred is a bit strong; contempt is more like it. But as you will sorely be tempted to deny, in capitals and emojis, how stupid of you not to recognise that you are the game.
Skepdick

Re: Same old Skepdick.

Post by Skepdick »

uwot wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:56 pm Hatred is a bit strong; contempt is more like it. But as you will sorely be tempted to deny, in capitals and emojis, how stupid of you not to recognise that you are the game.
I am ? I thought I was the game theorist.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:39 pmI thought I was the game theorist.
Well, I was kinda reaching out to the creator of Skepdick; whoever it is who howls out:
Skepdick wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:54 pmDo you want to interact with the real human yet...?
I was rather hoping that there might actually be such a thing behind the 'dumb philosopher' ugliness. If you're in there, come out and play. If not, I'll just keep slapping this Skepdick character.
Skepdick

Re:

Post by Skepdick »

uwot wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:15 pm Well, I was kinda reaching out to the creator of Skepdick; whoever it is who howls out
Which "creator of Skepdick"? There are so many.

My individual choices? My parents? My social circle? My cultural background? The habitat? The universe? All of them bits are necessary - none are sufficient to tell the story.

Perhaps you want to be more specific with your question?
uwot wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:15 pm I was rather hoping that there might actually be such a thing behind the 'dumb philosopher' ugliness. If you're in there, come out and play.
Of course there is! But when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

It's a strange game - the only winning move is to not play.
uwot wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:15 pm If not, I'll just keep slapping this Skepdick character.
Damned if I play by the rules - damned if I don't. Kobayashi Maru...
uwot

Comic book guy.

Post by uwot »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:25 pmWhich "creator of Skepdick"? There are so many.
The one that made you a twat.
Skepdick wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:25 pmMy individual choices?
Yup.
These:
Skepdick wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:25 pmMy parents? My social circle? My cultural background? The habitat? The universe?
are out of your control. If life has fucked you up, don't expect life to fix you. If you want to be a twat, that is entirely your choice.
Skepdick wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:25 pmDamned if I play by the rules - damned if I don't.
Oh great. On top of self-loathing we have self-pity.
Skepdick wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:25 pmKobayashi Maru...
And Star Trek references. All you need now is a comic book store and yer good to go.
Skepdick

Re: Comic book guy.

Post by Skepdick »

uwot wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:48 pm The one that made you a twat.
Which "me"?

Skepdick or the puppeteer?
uwot wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:48 pm are out of your control. If life has fucked you up, don't expect life to fix you. If you want to be a twat, that is entirely your choice.
Whose choice? Skepdick or the puppeteer?
uwot wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:48 pm Oh great. On top of self-loathing we have self-pity.
Or you have one-upmanship on Philosophical psychopathy. Perspective...
uwot wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:48 pm And Star Trek references. All you need now is a comic book store and yer good to go.
Philosophy. Comics. What's the difference? It's all story-telling.
uwot

Skepdick. Who cares?

Post by uwot »

Skepdick wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:38 pmWhich "me"?
The twat.
Skepdick wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:38 pmSkepdick or the puppeteer?
Having reached out to the puppeteer; he looks very like Skepdick with his own fist up his arse. But again, if there is some other creative source responsible, by all means drop in. Can't guarantee I won't think you're a twat, but you've got fuck all to lose in that respect.
Skepdick

Re: Skepdick. Who cares?

Post by Skepdick »

uwot wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:42 pm The twat.
If the twat is who you want to speak with then I guess I have to maintain appearances...
Having reached out to the puppeteer; he looks very like Skepdick with his own fist up his arse.
[/quote]
From one puppeteer to another - I am left with the same impression.
But again, if there is some other creative source responsible, by all means drop in. Can't guarantee I won't think you're a twat, but you've got fuck all to lose in that respect.
[/quote]
Well, hey - I keep dropping by. You keep ignoring me...

Shall we try again. In a language you (supposedly) speak?
Skepdick wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:56 pm WHAT DOES UNDERSTANDING FEEL LIKE?
uwot

Re: Skepdick. Who cares?

Post by uwot »

Skepdick wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:34 amIf the twat is who you want to speak with then I guess I have to maintain appearances...
You really don't. I've made it clear that if there is more to you than a twat, then I am happy to talk to you.
Skepdick wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:56 pm WHAT DOES UNDERSTANDING FEEL LIKE?
Seriously? I presume you have had some feelings. What does any one of them feel like? If you an answer that, then you know what understanding feels like.