King of the Universe

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

commonsense

King of the Universe

Post by commonsense »

If you were the King of the Universe, what would be the first item on your to-do list?

I would eliminate animus. This would allow humans to work out many problems they are now facing for themselves. Once people are living in harmony it will be possible to end world hunger, fight pandemic disease and spread literacy around the world.

Actually, the first thing to do would be to find a way to eliminate animosity. If I were King, I suppose I could enter the hearts and minds of everyone and cast a spell against hatred.

World peace—that’s what I would do first. Then I would sit back and watch all the world’s problems go away :)
Lacewing

Re: King of the Universe

Post by Lacewing »

As Queen of the Universe, I would bestow humans with awareness of the power and ripple-effect of the state/quality of their energy. So there would be no question as to their creations, involvement, responsibility, capability, etc. As a result, they would make more conscious and responsible choices.
commonsense

Re: Monarch of the Universe

Post by commonsense »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:30 am As Queen of the Universe, I would bestow humans with awareness of the power and ripple-effect of the state/quality of their energy. So there would be no question as to their creations, involvement, responsibility, capability, etc. As a result, they would make more conscious and responsible choices.
I would bow to all that :)
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

I'd kill everyone, except the hot chicks...and I'd invoke super hornyness into them after my morning cup of tea.

I might let Danny DeVito live..he's funny.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

commonsense wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:08 pm If you were the King of the Universe, what would be the first item on your to-do list?
Recognizing the error of my ways by starting over again.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Dubious wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:40 am
commonsense wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:08 pm If you were the King of the Universe, what would be the first item on your to-do list?
Recognizing the error of my ways by starting over again.
Excellent.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

everyone would dress in white, rhinestone-studded jumpsuits

when not parachuting, one will hang out in Las Vegas wedding chapels

there is the possibility that you will be observed making donuts in area 51

-Imp
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:44 am I'd kill everyone, except the hot chicks...and I'd invoke super hornyness into them after my morning cup of tea.

I might let Danny DeVito live..he's funny.
And not Stephen Colbert?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Impenitent wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:25 pm everyone would dress in white, rhinestone-studded jumpsuits

when not parachuting, one will hang out in Las Vegas wedding chapels

there is the possibility that you will be observed making donuts in area 51

-Imp
Good one
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

I would eliminate animus. This would allow humans to work out many problems they are now facing for themselves. Once people are living in harmony it will be possible to end world hunger, fight pandemic disease and spread literacy around the world.

Actually, the first thing to do would be to find a way to eliminate animosity. If I were King, I suppose I could enter the hearts and minds of everyone and cast a spell against hatred.

World peace—that’s what I would do first. Then I would sit back and watch all the world’s problems go away :)
Eliminating an abstract is full of problems.
I would not have any animosity towards bad drugs, only good feelings about them. I'd probably die of heroin overdose.
No animosity toward Donald Trump, would mean I'd not bother to vote against him; since there is no one worth voting FOR, this would mean another term.
Animosity can be positive as well as negative. It can be deserved.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Were I King of the Universe I'd sterilize 6 billion humans, and engineer genetics to ensure that women could only ever have one child per ovary, where they to try to have more their uterus would disintegrate.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:38 pm

Eliminating an abstract is full of problems.
I would not have any animosity towards bad drugs, only good feelings about them. I'd probably die of heroin overdose.
No animosity toward Donald Trump, would mean I'd not bother to vote against him; since there is no one worth voting FOR, this would mean another term.
Animosity can be positive as well as negative. It can be deserved.
Touché. Quite right.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA5B-ORC64I

"King Of The Universe"

It's all making me ready
It's all doing what you gotta do
I know "A"
I see my life come shine

Golden sunrise
Tragic day dream
I am so afraid --

King of the Universe, Are you King of the Earth
King of the Universe, Are you King of the Sky
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:51 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA5B-ORC64I

"King Of The Universe"

It's all making me ready
I know "A"
I see my life come shine

Golden sunrise
Tragic day dream
I am so afraid --

ELO could’ve outplayed the Beatles :mrgreen:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

commonsense wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:16 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:51 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA5B-ORC64I

"King Of The Universe"

It's all making me ready
I know "A"
I see my life come shine

Golden sunrise
Tragic day dream
I am so afraid --

ELO could’ve outplayed the Beatles :mrgreen:
Potentially a worthy successor.
But they did it backwards.
Beatles had the interesting stuff at the end; ELO at the start of their career.