The Existential Crisis

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: L'Age B'Or encore.

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:55 amI KNOW I AM.
I KNOW YOU ARE - BUT WHAT AM I ?
Age wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:55 amI do this on PURPOSE NOW so that you will NEVER SEE that what I am saying and pointing out about 'you' is thee ACTUAL Truth of things, and of which you could NEVER even refute. This is because it is OBVIOUSLY just a plain irrefutable FACT.
Yep, all truth claims are irrefutable. For who on earth would be the other truth knower refuting it's own truth?

Oh I know, that other truth knower would be the author of it's own truth, could that be Lego Man by any chance? :mrgreen:

JUST

EXACTLY?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:55 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:41 am
Age wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:05 am

I might NOT be shouting at all. I might just be, quietly, emphasizing, and doing it in another way of the four or five ways that I use to emphasize.

You would obviously have to LOOK AT a post FIRST, before you could make the assumption/interpretation, "it is a shouty post". If you are just looking for words, which, to you, indicate that "it is a, so called, "shouty" post", so you then can make the pre-decided decision to not read the actual post, then, as I ALREADY MADE CLEAR, but which you OBVIOUSLY would NOT YET KNOW is; it is actually 'you' who is the actual one who, literally, has expected and only seen what you want to see in what I have written and utterly failed to find anything in it you did not expect to find.

'You', once again, are proving, with actual evidence, how you do EXACTLY what you accuse 'me' of doing.

By the way HOW would you KNOW that I do NOT have "something reasonable to say" if you, supposedly, you have NOT 'even' read my post? Your obvious lies or excuses again are strikingly "brilliant".

And, if you supposedly NEVER read, so called, "shouty" posts, then what do you use to gauge what a "shouty" post IS exactly? Also, are you 'even' aware that EVERY one of my posts looks more or less relatively the exact same? So, if one of them is supposedly a, so called, "bit shouty", then they would ALL be the relatively same, and, if you supposedly NEVER read shouty posts, then you would have OBVIOUSLY NEVER read ANY of mine.

Or, do you just decide, at the moment, IF you read or not?

Some might be seeing that actually you read posts but when you do NOT want to SEE what is actually being pointed out in them about 'you', then you just say things like you "NEVER read shouty posts". You also might say this when you do NOT want to answer Honestly the questions being posed to you in those posts. But you will NEVER recognize and SEE these FACTS because you will supposedly NEVER read THIS post.
You are STILL being a bit shouty.
I never read shouty posts.
I KNOW I AM.

I do this on PURPOSE NOW so that you will NEVER SEE that what I am saying and pointing out about 'you' is thee ACTUAL Truth of things, and of which you could NEVER even refute. This is because it is OBVIOUSLY just a plain irrefutable FACT.

Re: The Myth of the Existential Crisis

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:22 am
Age wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:52 amAnd, remember it was not that to long ago the one, labeled "dontasme", was 'trying to' argue that the KNOWER/Consciousness can NEVER be KNOWN.
NO man..the character 'dontaskme' is a KNOWN concept, concepts do not know anything, knowing is NOT known by the character, but by the only knowing there is which is consciousness.
So, what is 'consciousness'?

What is it made up of? How does it exist? Who and/or what is it exactly? How did it come to be, and where did it come from exactly?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:22 am Consciousness is the original ground in which all concepts arise and are known as and when they arise one with the knowing. That which is known, aka the character doesn't and cannot know anything...so get your facts straight.
So, the one known as "dontaskme" purports to KNOW what the actual Truth IS, but will NOT clarify if that one is the One Consciousness or not.

Also, if the character, known as "dontaskme", cannot know anything, then how did it know what the facts are, and that I have not yet got the fact so called "straight" already?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:22 am Consciousness can never know it is consciousness, because it's the ONLY knowing there is, consciousness is inconceivable, and yet knows every concept that arises in it in this APPARENT conception...
But Consciousness, Itself, has ALREADY been conceived, and conceived in a Truly logical, Truly sensible, AND Truly reasonable way. That is HOW and WHY Consciousness can ask you a serious of questions, which you leave completely baffled to answer and explain. This is because 'you' still have a lot more to learn, and understand.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:22 am Consciousness APPEARS to split in two, into knower and known. However, Both Knower and Known create each other simultaneously in the same exact moment...in this conception...prior to which no thing is here/there.
So, to 'you', HERE in this Universe there is absolutely NO 'thing', including NO 'Universe', until some 'thing' known as a 'Knower' creates some known 'thing', which actually creates the 'Knower' in the EXACT SAME moment, as the conception, itself.

Just out of curiosity, are 'you' at all able to explain HOW if there is absolutely NO thing at all, then HOW does a Knower, or a known, just appear in order to create each other?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:22 am So yeah, that's right, the KNOWN can't know anything,
I thought this was SO OBVIOUS a fact that it just goes 'without saying', except of course the KNOWN, Knower can and does KNOW EVERY 'thing' anyway.

Why do you think and/or feel that 'you' would 'need' to keep telling 'us', or 'you', this same thing repeatedly, which I do NOT see how any one would even disagree with, let alone would 'try' to dispute and refute?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:22 am the known is already being known by that which cannot be known.
But 'that', which ALREADY KNOWS the known, can be KNOWN, by Its Self, OBVIOUSLY.

How do 'I' KNOW this? Because 'I' am thee Knower, Consciousness, Itself, OBVIOUSLY.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:22 am I really do not think you are able to grasp what this comment is saying and is why you continue to question it....
Or, maybe 'I' actually do KNOW more in regards to 'your' comments, and even 'you', that 'self', and the very reason WHY I continue to question you regards this, and other things, is just because I WANT TO?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:22 am Please stop acting so dumb about this Age...you already know all this anyway...Don't you understand that when you are trying to discuss what you already know with another sage (knowing) ...the discussion will just become a futile exercise, simply because there is no thing there in the other sage (knowing) for you to bounce off, and that is all you are trying to do is make a big bouncy drama out of no thing, and this is your problem, one that you do not seem to recognise you are creating. And is why I only engage in discussing this with you when I'm feeling like I want to play the big bouncy bouncy game with someone else. :P :shock: 8)

Is that with the "someone else", which 'you' continually state does NOT even exist?

Also, just maybe I am hoping to engage with "another" in the hope of finding "another" who will question me in the same way I question them, and then together these two, so called, "sages" will discover a way to SHOW and REVEAL the underlying True message, which is within us ALL, and which is wanting to be SHARED among ALL.

I am looking for those who think that they could be able to get me to contradict what I have previously said, by questioning and/or challenging me, like I do to them. Or, I am looking for those that think they can get me to NOT be able to soundly and valid explain my views in argument form, or get me to NOT be able to back up and support my views and claims.

Another True 'sage' would have been able to recognize and SEE this ALREADY. See, the more that I am questioned, specifically, then the more I am able to Truly explain things, specifically.

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:58 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:41 am

I KNOW I AM.

I do this on PURPOSE NOW so that you will NEVER SEE that what I am saying and pointing out about 'you' is thee ACTUAL Truth of things, and of which you could NEVER even refute. This is because it is OBVIOUSLY just a plain irrefutable FACT.
This is because you do NOT want to SEE the Truth of things. You are AFRAID of what this would REVEAL about 'you', specifically.

Re: The Existential Crisis

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:33 am
Age wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:10 am
By the way, this can be logically explained, again, very simply and very easily BUT there is a tremendous amount to discover and/or learn prior to being able to understand this FULLY.
Ok Age, you are only ever preaching to the already converted. :D

If you already know that your claim is correct, then yeah I agree with that knowing, simply because you are informing me of this truth claim right now. :D
I KNOW that the final outcome or final result is where you are at ALREADY. But would you not like to learn how to be able to explain how to arrive there in a Truly logical, simple and easy way, so that "others" can and will understand and grasp exactly what it that you are 'trying to' express here already?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:33 am
Age wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:10 amBut when, and IF, one gets to this stage of understanding, then they are well on their way to gaining and obtaining True understanding , and thus also understanding and comprehending ALL-OF-THIS.
Ok Age, you are only ever preaching to the already converted. :D

If you already know this truth claim to be the correct knowing, then yeah I agree with that knowing, because only the right knowing can be, right?...

So what else is new? any thing, is there any thing I don't know that you can inform me of?

I can NOT inform you of how to explain ALL-OF-THIS to "others" so that they can then help "others" into learning HOW 'we' can ALL end up living in peace and harmony together as thee United One, which we ALL Truly ARE, or are Truly meant to BE and BE-come, anyway. But, I can keep seeking out 'your' help in getting me to learn HOW to better communicate ALL-OF-THIS to "others".

If I can just get one of 'you', within these forums, to become interested ENOUGH to question "another", specifically 'me', then I will have succeeded in learning HOW to communicate better with a human being. And, if I can learn HOW to communicate better with, and from, one of 'you', then I can learn HOW to communicate better with ALL of 'you'.

I am NOT here, in this forum, to specifically inform 'you' nor "others" of any thing new. I am here to learn, FROM 'you'. I am just not seeking the specific answers, which ALL of 'you' are 'trying to' teach "others".
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:03 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:52 amAnd, remember it was not that to long ago the one, labeled "dontasme", was 'trying to' argue that the KNOWER/Consciousness can NEVER be KNOWN.
NO man..the character 'dontaskme' is a KNOWN concept, concepts do not know anything, knowing is NOT known by the character, but by the only knowing there is which is consciousness.

What is it made up of? How does it exist? Who and/or what is it exactly? How did it come to be, and where did it come from exactly?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:22 am Consciousness is the original ground in which all concepts arise and are known as and when they arise one with the knowing. That which is known, aka the character doesn't and cannot know anything...so get your facts straight.
So, the one known as "dontaskme" purports to KNOW what the actual Truth IS, but will NOT clarify if that one is the One Consciousness or not.

Also, if the character, known as "dontaskme", cannot know anything, then how did it know what the facts are, and that I have not yet got the fact so called "straight" already?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:22 am Consciousness can never know it is consciousness, because it's the ONLY knowing there is, consciousness is inconceivable, and yet knows every concept that arises in it in this APPARENT conception...
But Consciousness, Itself, has ALREADY been conceived, and conceived in a Truly logical, Truly sensible, AND Truly reasonable way. That is HOW and WHY Consciousness can ask you a serious of questions, which you leave completely baffled to answer and explain. This is because 'you' still have a lot more to learn, and understand.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:22 am Consciousness APPEARS to split in two, into knower and known. However, Both Knower and Known create each other simultaneously in the same exact moment...in this conception...prior to which no thing is here/there.
So, to 'you', HERE in this Universe there is absolutely NO 'thing', including NO 'Universe', until some 'thing' known as a 'Knower' creates some known 'thing', which actually creates the 'Knower' in the EXACT SAME moment, as the conception, itself.

Just out of curiosity, are 'you' at all able to explain HOW if there is absolutely NO thing at all, then HOW does a Knower, or a known, just appear in order to create each other?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:22 am So yeah, that's right, the KNOWN can't know anything,
I thought this was SO OBVIOUS a fact that it just goes 'without saying', except of course the KNOWN, Knower can and does KNOW EVERY 'thing' anyway.

Why do you think and/or feel that 'you' would 'need' to keep telling 'us', or 'you', this same thing repeatedly, which I do NOT see how any one would even disagree with, let alone would 'try' to dispute and refute?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:22 am the known is already being known by that which cannot be known.
But 'that', which ALREADY KNOWS the known, can be KNOWN, by Its Self, OBVIOUSLY.

How do 'I' KNOW this? Because 'I' am thee Knower, Consciousness, Itself, OBVIOUSLY.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:22 am I really do not think you are able to grasp what this comment is saying and is why you continue to question it....
Or, maybe 'I' actually do KNOW more in regards to 'your' comments, and even 'you', that 'self', and the very reason WHY I continue to question you regards this, and other things, is just because I WANT TO?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:22 am Please stop acting so dumb about this Age...you already know all this anyway...Don't you understand that when you are trying to discuss what you already know with another sage (knowing) ...the discussion will just become a futile exercise, simply because there is no thing there in the other sage (knowing) for you to bounce off, and that is all you are trying to do is make a big bouncy drama out of no thing, and this is your problem, one that you do not seem to recognise you are creating. And is why I only engage in discussing this with you when I'm feeling like I want to play the big bouncy bouncy game with someone else. :P :shock: 8)

Is that with the "someone else", which 'you' continually state does NOT even exist?

Also, just maybe I am hoping to engage with "another" in the hope of finding "another" who will question me in the same way I question them, and then together these two, so called, "sages" will discover a way to SHOW and REVEAL the underlying True message, which is within us ALL, and which is wanting to be SHARED among ALL.

I am looking for those who think that they could be able to get me to contradict what I have previously said, by questioning and/or challenging me, like I do to them. Or, I am looking for those that think they can get me to NOT be able to soundly and valid explain my views in argument form, or get me to NOT be able to back up and support my views and claims.

Another True 'sage' would have been able to recognize and SEE this ALREADY. See, the more that I am questioned, specifically, then the more I am able to Truly explain things, specifically.
You are too crazy even for DAM, that's an odd mixture of funny and horrifying :)

Re: Nelson Goodman, you old rascal.

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:41 am
Age wrote:
But did any of these several people explain HOW we all could be one consciousness when we ALL individually have different views and perspectives
Every human being is different but every human being is also a member of the human species
These two facts are not incompatible so one can be both an individual and a part of the whole
And, when HOW and WHY EVERY human being is actually different AND the exact same as well at the same time becomes KNOWN, or "common knowledge", as some may call it, then they are further along the path to True understanding. See, when people start to learn MORE about HOW and WHY they, themselves, are DIFFERENT and the EXACT SAME, then they gain MORE understanding about "others", instantly.

Re: Nelson Goodman, you old rascal.

Post by Age »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:44 am
surreptitious57 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:41 am Every human being is different but every human being is also a member of the human species
These two facts are not incompatible so one can be both an individual and a part of the whole
We are all the same AND we are all different.

Is that a contradiction

Some would say yes. Some would say no.
Some would say "Yes", but this is because they do NOT YET KNOW HOW and WHY 'we', human beings, are ALL DIFFERENT and ALL the SAME, at the exact same time.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:04 pm

I KNOW I AM.

This is because you do NOT want to SEE the Truth of things. You are AFRAID of what this would REVEAL about 'you', specifically.
lol
uwot

Grue some.

Post by uwot »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:16 amNo I can NOT tell the ACTUAL odd one out, but I can tell you which one, from my perspective, looks 'relatively different than the other ones, which, by the way, look 'relatively' the same, to me. Why?
Well suppose you were looking at the squares with a member of the Himba tribe. On one chart, you can clearly see that one of the colours is different; but to the Himba, that apparently obvious difference simply doesn't exist. On the other chart one of the colours leaps out to the Himba as obviously different, yet you and I just don't see it. What is Thee Actual Truth about those colours?
See, if all this great insight of yours is that
Age wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:16 am...we ALL, individually, have different views, and perspectives..
then yeah, have a lollipop; that is Thee Actual Truth. If it's some other revelation, how can you possibly know that you are seeing the whole picture if you know you can't even see the full range of greens?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:51 am
Age wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:55 amI KNOW I AM.
I KNOW YOU ARE -
You KNOW 'you' ARE what, exactly?

By the way, do you KNOW why I wrote that in capitals?

If yes, then why?

But if no, then are you at all just a 'bit interested'?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:51 am BUT WHAT AM I ?
The capital 'I' is God, Itself. Or, Consciousness, the Universe, or even Life, Itself, all depending on what exact sense is being referred to and talked about. But 'I', in the visible sense, am the physical Universe, Itself, and, in the non visible sense, the Mind, or Consciousness, Itself.

But this will only be Truly grasped and Truly understood through a fair amount of clarification, through a fair amount of questioning and/or challenging.
That is; at least until I find someone just naturally interested enough in just listening to what I have to say, and express.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:51 am
Age wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:55 amI do this on PURPOSE NOW so that you will NEVER SEE that what I am saying and pointing out about 'you' is thee ACTUAL Truth of things, and of which you could NEVER even refute. This is because it is OBVIOUSLY just a plain irrefutable FACT.
Yep, all truth claims are irrefutable.

Your sentence here is a claim, which I agree with, as long as it is well understood that there have been many occasions where people have made claims which are purported to be the truth, but which could very easily and very simply be refuted. But, obviously, claims that are actually thee Truth, Itself, are irrefutable.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:51 am For who on earth would be the other truth knower refuting it's own truth?
You are aware right that there are many human beings who purport to be truth knowers, correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:51 am Oh I know, that other truth knower would be the author of it's own truth, could that be Lego Man by any chance? :mrgreen:

JUST

EXACTLY?
There is ONLY One actual Truth, but there is at least as many perceived truths as there are old enough perceiving human beings.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:22 pm

You are too crazy even for DAM, that's an odd mixture of funny and horrifying :)
And do you ever add any thing of any actual substance? Or, is your whole life, here in this forums, just to tell "others" that they are WRONG without again adding any thing of substance, and/or just calling "others" names, which you think will offend them?

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:33 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:04 pm

lol
So, ACTUALLY some times you do ACTUALLY read, what you call, "shouty" posts.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:51 pm
Atla wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:22 pm

And do you ever add any thing of any actual substance? Or, is your whole life, here in this forums, just to tell "others" that they are WRONG without again adding any thing of substance, and/or just calling "others" names, which you think will offend them?
Yuu just couldn't handle that I immediately refuted your bullshit, so you choose to have amnesia. :) You are the one never, ever adding any substance by the way, just repeating the same baseless bullshit over and over again.

Re: Grue some.

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:42 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:16 amNo I can NOT tell the ACTUAL odd one out, but I can tell you which one, from my perspective, looks 'relatively different than the other ones, which, by the way, look 'relatively' the same, to me. Why?
Well suppose you were looking at the squares with a member of the Himba tribe. On one chart, you can clearly see that one of the colours is different; but to the Himba, that apparently obvious difference simply doesn't exist. On the other chart one of the colours leaps out to the Himba as obviously different, yet you and I just don't see it. What is Thee Actual Truth about those colours?
See, if all this great insight of yours is that
Age wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:16 am...we ALL, individually, have different views, and perspectives..
then yeah, have a lollipop; that is Thee Actual Truth.
But that is only a TINY snippet. Why did you pick up on only that tiny one for?
uwot wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:42 pm If it's some other revelation, how can you possibly know that you are seeing the whole picture if you know you can't even see the full range of greens?
BECAUSE;

Seeing a range of colors has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with what is meaningful, logical,, reasonable, and sensible. Colors are just colors, and have NO actual meaning to any thing. So, it would not matter if a human being is color blind or not in regards to SEEING the WHOLE picture. Just like it does NOT matter one iota if a human being is visually completely BLIND either. They can SEE the WHOLE picture of Life, Itself, just as CLEAR as any one else can. 'Seeing' in the sense of understanding has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with 'seeing' in the sense of the visual cortex.

Seeing the WHOLE picture of Life comes from the Mind's Eye, and the not from the physical eyes of the human body, and the brain to which they are in contact with. In fact, what the physical eyes visually see can be a complete distraction from SEEING and UNDERSTANDING what thee actual Truth of things, actually IS.

Besides that how I can KNOW I am SEEING the WHOLE picture is because I ALREADY KNOW what ALL can agree with, and accept.

And, OBVIOUSLY if ALL are agreeing and accepting of some 'thing', then that 'thing', which is being agreed upon and accept by ALL, is thee actual Truth of things.