People want to be their own gods. Is that good or evil?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: People want to be their own gods. Is that good or evil?

Post by bahman »

gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:21 am
bahman wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:15 pm I think good and evil are necessary for our evolution.
I view evolution as agnostic - not good or evil - just a machine
Any alive agent experience good and evil. Our nature is built through exposure to good and evil.
gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:21 am man is a product of it, and we via evolution evolved morality as a social animal - to survive.
Not completely, survival sometimes puts us in a position to be immoral.
gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:21 am man is a moral animal due to evolution.
Yes.
bahman wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:15 pm I, however, distinguish them from right and wrong.
really? how so? curious.

i view them the same myself.
Like playing chess. Playing chess is evil yet we practice it. It is right. Good and evil are the opposite of each other. The situation defines what is right to do and wrong to do.
bahman wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:15 pm Think of playing chess.
Love Chess myself and have been playing one game a day for the last 20 yrs.

i'm a pretty good player now - i should be after 20 yrs lol.

bahman wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:15 pm The act putting pressure on your opponent is evil but we do it otherwise competition is meaningless and you never learn how to play chess otherwise. Therefore, evil in this case is right and necessary.
yep, kinda like War - but france did not learn from ww1 - germans sure did though!
Interesting.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

bahman wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:08 pm
Interesting. So you are studying yourself. Are you complicated?
every day to become as wise as i may be able.

full time job.

bahman wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:08 pm Interesting. And why He left the three of knowledge there?
logical question, but not valid IMO.

the story is an old one - the Tree of Life (not ToK though AFIAK) - has been found on stone tablets of the Summerians and Akkadians (at least 2 milinia older than the Jewish Gensis story) - the jews inherited the Summarian/Akkadian theology of the ToL (as for the ToK - there is no record, the Jews may have invented that tree - or maybe inherited it too, but to date we have not found tablets related to it).

My point being is that your question - though logical - is not valid IMO - due to the story of the 2 trees was written about by the Jews as a cultural inheretence from the Summarians prior (they are the same people live in the same space - one is just living there 2000 yrs later). The Jews just wrote about what they new orally via cultural tradition and put their spin/perspective upon it.

i do not think their spin was a perticular to anwser (or even to consider) your question.

again its a valid question, but not one relivent per the work - Genesis - because i do not think its authors considered it. Its authors were just writing down what they were told orally via tradition.

IMO of course.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:11 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:54 pm People want to be their own gods. Is that good or evil?

The real Original Sin, then and today, to most Christians, is based on this quote.

“For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" (Gen. 3:5).

Jesus seems to have wanted this to happen, as that would make us his brethren.

I dissagree, i do not think Jesus wanted us to eat of the Apple.

I think he was an Essene Jew - like the author of The Appoclypse - had the same view of Satan is the Serpent and evil and so its council in Genesis about eating of the apple would be a sin. so don't do it.

- clearly a simple reading of Genesis is that the Serpent is not Satan, and eating of the apple is a rise and not a fall nor a sin. which i think was the view of Jews prior to Jesus time.

but not by his time and his view was the same old converntional one we have now - which of course is wrong, but oh well.

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:54 pm Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught and that Gnostic Christians have embraced.
Jesus was not a gnostic, he was a Jewish Nationalist Essene, who was killed by the Romans for insurrection/jewish nationalism/
If you see only one Jesus in scriptures, you are not reading it right.

Jesus dies because he wanted to test the prophesies with his suicide, and missed the mark.

There was also no apple. It was education, and I agree that we had to eat of it or remain stupid.

Regards
DL
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:23 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:11 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:54 pm People want to be their own gods. Is that good or evil?

The real Original Sin, then and today, to most Christians, is based on this quote.

“For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" (Gen. 3:5).

Jesus seems to have wanted this to happen, as that would make us his brethren.

I dissagree, i do not think Jesus wanted us to eat of the Apple.

I think he was an Essene Jew - like the author of The Appoclypse - had the same view of Satan is the Serpent and evil and so its council in Genesis about eating of the apple would be a sin. so don't do it.

- clearly a simple reading of Genesis is that the Serpent is not Satan, and eating of the apple is a rise and not a fall nor a sin. which i think was the view of Jews prior to Jesus time.

but not by his time and his view was the same old converntional one we have now - which of course is wrong, but oh well.

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:54 pm Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught and that Gnostic Christians have embraced.
Jesus was not a gnostic, he was a Jewish Nationalist Essene, who was killed by the Romans for insurrection/jewish nationalism/
If you see only one Jesus in scriptures, you are not reading it right.

Jesus dies because he wanted to test the prophesies with his suicide, and missed the mark.

There was also no apple. It was education, and I agree that we had to eat of it or remain stupid.

Regards
DL
there are 3 Christs in the 4 Gospels, i assume Mark's Gospel is the most accurate to Jesus the man that lived 2000 yrs ago.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:35 am

there are 3 Christs in the 4 Gospels, i assume Mark's Gospel is the most accurate to Jesus the man that lived 2000 yrs ago.
Accurate. :D :D

Do you know why there are only 4 gospels?

Because there are only 4 cardinal points. No guff. Look it up.

Regards
DL
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:46 pm

Regards
DL
what about the Gospel of Peter? the 5th - accepted for 50 yrs until excised by the Bishop of Antioch.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

gaffo wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:34 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:46 pm

Regards
DL
what about the Gospel of Peter? the 5th - accepted for 50 yrs until excised by the Bishop of Antioch.
What about it? Is it cannon?

No. So who cares.

We already know that we are dealing with plagiarized and forged scriptures to begin with, that came out of Sumer and Egypt.

Regards
DL
pilgrim1917

Post by pilgrim1917 »

Evil. Why? I would say because the one true God declared through Moses and later Jesus "You shall have no other gods before me." Any attempts to overturn that are evil.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

pilgrim1917 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:11 am Evil. Why? I would say because the one true God declared through Moses and later Jesus "You shall have no other gods before me." Any attempts to overturn that are evil.
Let's discuss the myth.

Yahweh is shown as a genocidal and infanticidal god.

Are you sure you cannot find a more moral god to put above that p****?

Let's talk humans and see if god is in our image.

You, I am sure, want your children to match and then improve or advance whatever you put into them. Right?

Why do you think Yahweh would want so much less for his children?

He should want them to become as gods and then some. Right?

Yahweh would not want retarded children. Right?

Regards
DL
Luxin

deleted 475

Post by Luxin »

deleted 475
Last edited by Luxin on Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

How many consciousness do you have?

Regards
DL
pilgrim1917

Post by pilgrim1917 »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:44 pm Let's discuss the myth.

Second statement first: You state your opinion. As stated it does not seem to be even close to a fact. Philosophically stated "facts" are called propositions, which are usually followed by evidence.

First statement: an invitation to "discuss the myth." No thank you. That shifts the conversation to an interpretation of the material which I am not interested in shifting to, if you don't mind. I'll stay where I am.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

pilgrim1917 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:04 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:44 pm Let's discuss the myth.

Second statement first: You state your opinion. As stated it does not seem to be even close to a fact. Philosophically stated "facts" are called propositions, which are usually followed by evidence.

First statement: an invitation to "discuss the myth." No thank you. That shifts the conversation to an interpretation of the material which I am not interested in shifting to, if you don't mind. I'll stay where I am.
If you are so blind that you do not see Yahweh using genocide and infanticide, -------

Stay in Satan's corner all you like.

Regards
DL