What is Wrong with me (my malfunction)????

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

What is Wrong with me (my malfunction)????

Post by gaffo »

My favorite Movies in general predate 1980, and if newer they tend to be either independant or foriegn.

- i hate "super-hero action" pap and love sick unrealistic "chick flicks"

i like movies others loathe!!!!!!!!

Seventh Seal
August Evening
The Lives of Others
The Hunt
Downfall
Nothing but a man
The Intruder
Central Station
Color of Paradise
House of Sand
Valentin
Nine Queens
Song of Sparrows
Children of Heaven
Final Days of Sophie Scholl
Fail Safe
Threads
The Lathe of Heaven
Battle of Algeriers
Zelary
Dark Blue World
City of Life and Death
Babydoll
The Visitor
A face in the crowd
Imitation of Life (original 1934 version)
Two Women
The City
Full Metal Jacket
2001 a Space Oddessey
Paths of Glory

.........plus 200 or so similar to the above.

all of which others loathe to view, so why do i like movies other hate and why do i hate the stuff others love?

again, what is my malfunction? why do i not "fit in" and have taste for movies others love?

??

fix me!!!!! make me borg.
gaffo

Re: What is Wrong with me (my malfunction)????

Post by gaffo »

99 views and no comment................

sadly only confirmed my lack of faith in iconoclasts existing in a society of conformity.

there is no longer the former, all are the latter sheep.

- oh well, as expected sadly.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

gaffo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:32 am 99 views and no comment................
One of them was me. All I saw was some fucking edgelord claiming to be special for liking Full Metal Jacket.
What's wrong with you is the amount of attention you want for no good reason.
Atla

Post by Atla »

sadly only confirmed my lack of faith in iconoclasts existing in a society of conformity.

there is no longer the former, all are the latter sheep.

- oh well, as expected sadly.
Maybe your malfunction is that as a solipsist, you like movies that solipsists like.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:05 am My favorite Movies in general predate 1980, and if newer they tend to be either independant or foriegn.

- i hate "super-hero action" pap and love sick unrealistic "chick flicks"

i like movies others loathe!!!!!!!!

Seventh Seal
Great Film
August Evening
The Lives of Others
The Hunt
Downfall
Great Film
Nothing but a man
The Intruder
Central Station
Color of Paradise
House of Sand
Valentin
Nine Queens
Song of Sparrows
Children of Heaven
Final Days of Sophie Scholl
Fail Safe
Threads
The Lathe of Heaven
Battle of Algeriers
Zelary
Dark Blue World
City of Life and Death
Babydoll
The Visitor
A face in the crowd
Imitation of Life (original 1934 version)
Two Women
The City

Full Metal Jacket
2001 a Space Oddessey
Paths of Glory

3 of the greatest films ever made.
|These are also highly rated by others

.........plus 200 or so similar to the above.

all of which others loathe to view, so why do i like movies other hate and why do i hate the stuff others love?

again, what is my malfunction? why do i not "fit in" and have taste for movies others love?

??

fix me!!!!! make me borg.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:06 pm
One of them was me. All I saw was some fucking edgelord claiming to be special for liking Full Metal Jacket.
What's wrong with you is the amount of attention you want for no good reason.
not sure what an edgelord is. welcome education.

per full metal jacket, why list that one only, of the list i provided its is lesser work that 3/4 of the rest.

I never claimed to be "Special" ( or "better" per your labeling of me) - more aptly i claim to be "alone".

liking movies that call to universal humanity, and empathy, rather than bleak and heartless nihilism and superhero character movies i cannot identify with (blakc and white - villians and uber perfect heros - neither of which am i so no interest in veiwing not being either nor able to be in thier shoes).

---------------agian, why are the last really good movies - with human and complex characters date to the 1970's and eariier? (Rollerball) - vs say "john wick" (kick ass mr perfect against 2d villain russian) - latter is pure crap.
FlashDangerpants

gaffo wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:50 pm per full metal jacket, why list that one only, of the list i provided its is lesser work that 3/4 of the rest.
Your thread title was a reference to that specific movie, so I specified the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD4q3leE5Uw
gaffo wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:50 pm I never claimed to be "Special" ( or "better" per your labeling of me) - more aptly i claim to be "alone".
Alone in liking a bunch of fairly usual stuff that lots of people like though. I'm no movie buff and I know a bunch of those. If you want to make a list of movies that other people loathe, then you probably should leave out Kubrik's greatest hits.

But have a quick look again, you claimed to be an outcast iconoclast, and you called everyone who doesn't share your tastes "sheep" and "borg", so don't tell me that wasn't you laying claim to a little bit of superiority there, that would be disingenuous.
gaffo wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:50 pm liking movies that call to universal humanity, and empathy, rather than bleak and heartless nihilism and superhero character movies i cannot identify with (blakc and white - villians and uber perfect heros - neither of which am i so no interest in veiwing not being either nor able to be in thier shoes).
I cba with superhero movies, but from what I am told, superheroes are supposed to have a bit of an edge these days, and the villains usually need to evoke some sympathy. There is nothing at all special about your dislike of one dimensional goody two shoes heroes, that's why there's no audience for them any more.
gaffo wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:50 pm ---------------agian, why are the last really good movies - with human and complex characters date to the 1970's and eariier? (Rollerball) - vs say "john wick" (kick ass mr perfect against 2d villain russian) - latter is pure crap.
Have you noticed yet that you are just old and you stopped enjoying new things some time ago? I've seen you do this same sort of routine with music, where if I recall you complained because the stadium filling cheese rock you enjoy ran out of steam in the 70s too.

It's perfectly ok to be a grumpy old sourpuss who doesn't really get all that new stuff the kids like, and to want the good old days back again becasue that was when you felt vital and sprightly and the world was a little bit nicer for you. But it doesn't justify climbing up on your cross and lathering yourself with pity, which is what you did in your second post in this thread.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:46 am
gaffo wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:50 pm per full metal jacket, why list that one only, of the list i provided its is lesser work that 3/4 of the rest.
Your thread title was a reference to that specific movie, so I specified the same.
gaffo wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:50 pm I never claimed to be "Special" ( or "better" per your labeling of me) - more aptly i claim to be "alone".
Alone in liking a bunch of fairly usual stuff that lots of people like though. I'm no movie buff and I know a bunch of those. If you want to make a list of movies that other people loathe, then you probably should leave out Kubrik's greatest hits.

no need to leave out Kubrick, he was the director of all time, BTW his 2001 - if offered today, would be an utter failure - "boring" would by the mass reply.

so something IS different in today's western society than the society we had in 68 that viewed and appreciated Kubrick's best work.

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:46 am But have a quick look again, you claimed to be an outcast iconoclast, and you called everyone who doesn't share your tastes "sheep" and "borg", so don't tell me that wasn't you laying claim to a little bit of superiority there, that would be disingenuous.

Look, I just stating my mentality here - I don;t like arrogant assholes - including when it is from myself!

I see your point, and maybe you are right, but i an not an arrogant asshole, i just see a lack of really good"art" per movies via the last few decades - (you an "art is relivant" so one's horshit anothers gold bar? (if so we have nothing to debate here) - I see a lowering of our "art" of film since the 70's and imo its a reflection of our decaying culture. (so maybe an an arrogant asshole - instead of a sensitive soul in a culture not longer sensitive) - call me an arrogant asshole if that make you feel better.

other great directors of all time of course include Lumet and Kazan.

gaffo wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:50 pm liking movies that call to universal humanity, and empathy, rather than bleak and heartless nihilism and superhero character movies i cannot identify with (blakc and white - villians and uber perfect heros - neither of which am i so no interest in veiwing not being either nor able to be in thier shoes).
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:46 am I cba with superhero movies,
cba?

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:46 am but from what I am told, superheroes are supposed to have a bit of an edge these days, and the villains usually need to evoke some sympathy.

I take your word on the above, for me i have no interest, watching a couple of wick type movies, and not identifing with a pure good and perfect hero, nor with an evil dummy who is equally 2d - pure evil (only diff between the hero and the villian and the hero is smart and villain dumb, and hero idestructible, and villian has feet of clay - of course).

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:46 am There is nothing at all special about your dislike of one dimensional goody two shoes heroes, that's why there's no audience for them any more.
WTF? sure there is! its why were are trillion of Bond flicks and Wick flicks.

perfect immortal 2d heros. kicking the asses of the 2d dumb villains.

- what world are you living in?

I know for a fack that Lumet best movie Fail Safe would fail at the box office today.

folks would leave the theater saying, "the prez bombed NYC!" "weak prez" etc.........gray, real world morality is no longer allowed in our martial society.

only B/W good guys and bad guys.

3rd remake of Fail Safe would have Prez pounding his desk - and call a preptive stike on Russia before the Ruskies had a chance to figure out WTF was going on.

America triumphs! happy ending, the curtain falls and the audience applauds.

- thus the difference between the Day After and Threads.

gaffo wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:50 pm ---------------agian, why are the last really good movies - with human and complex characters date to the 1970's and eariier? (Rollerball) - vs say "john wick" (kick ass mr perfect against 2d villain russian) - latter is pure crap.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:46 am Have you noticed yet that you are just old and you stopped enjoying new things some time ago? I've seen you do this same sort of routine with music, where if I recall you complained because the stadium filling cheese rock you enjoy ran out of steam in the 70s too.
yes i'm "old" but i think you my miss-remeber my view per music.

I do not like cheez rick, i do like rock, the best rock era was the late 60's and early 70's - then later become cheezy - 80's was a era with almost no rock - U2/Black Crows/REM were the only ones i rem offhand to keep it alive. I was overjoyed when Grudge returned in the 90's to restore "rock" music - and in fact IMO - the early 90's rock was near on par with the late 60's era of rock. sadly it was removed via the tsunami of RAP by the mid 90's and the rest is history - rock died as a mainline musical form by the late 90's.

Rock now is like Jazz, with folks like Lake Street dive, Tacocat, Black Mountain/etc

Diff between music (RAP) - i don't like, but acknowledge as music - so equally good as rock/etc. just not for me personally.

piss poor movies are just not good movies.

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:46 am It's perfectly ok to be a grumpy old sourpuss who doesn't really get all that new stuff the kids like, and to want the good old days back again becasue that was when you felt vital and sprightly and the world was a little bit nicer for you. But it doesn't justify climbing up on your cross and lathering yourself with pity, which is what you did in your second post in this thread.
thanks or your flipantcy, now kindly back it up with:

Why Micheal Bay (modern movies) movies are as good or better than Kubric (old movies).

I await your critic of the masterpiece Tranformers, and how it is so much better than 2001.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWO-XnAwGrA

Gen Scott - a patriot, not a villian, but wrong.

you will never see such detailed characters - villians or heros - in today's movies.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

gaffo wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:14 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWO-XnAwGrA

you will never see such detailed characters - villians or heros - in today's movies.
Films back then didn't insult the intelligence. Love Burt Lancaster.
FlashDangerpants

gaffo wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:34 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:46 am

no need to leave out Kubrick, he was the director of all time, BTW his 2001 - if offered today, would be an utter failure - "boring" would by the mass reply.

so something IS different in today's western society than the society we had in 68 that viewed and appreciated Kubrick's best work.
You speculate that 2001 wouldn't succeed. Obviously you cannot possibly know such a thing for a fact unless you are able to rummage up an alternate universe to test that claim.

Anyway, you promised a list of movies that people loathe, and that one is widely enjoyed. What are you trying to change your point to, given that you have abandoned the original one?
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:46 am But have a quick look again, you claimed to be an outcast iconoclast, and you called everyone who doesn't share your tastes "sheep" and "borg", so don't tell me that wasn't you laying claim to a little bit of superiority there, that would be disingenuous.

Look, I just stating my mentality here - I don;t like arrogant assholes - including when it is from myself!
If those words were true it would be very big of you. But you made a whiny post about how special you are, and when that was justly ignored you made a second about how special you still are and how everyone ignoring you is a sheep. And now you are still huffing and puffing about your wounded dignity with no humility whatsoever.
gaffo wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:34 pm I see your point, and maybe you are right, but i an not an arrogant asshole, i just see a lack of really good"art" per movies via the last few decades - (you an "art is relivant" so one's horshit anothers gold bar? (if so we have nothing to debate here) - I see a lowering of our "art" of film since the 70's and imo its a reflection of our decaying culture. (so maybe an an arrogant asshole - instead of a sensitive soul in a culture not longer sensitive) - call me an arrogant asshole if that make you feel better.
Well art is in the eye of the beholder, but I see no very good reason to say that good movies with good characters stopped happening at any particular time. What happened to Blue Velvet (80s), Fight Club (90s), Persepolis (00s), Death of Stalin (recent)? These are at least as good as Rollerball which you cited as a good older movie for some reason.

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:46 am I cba with superhero movies,
cba?
Stand's for can't be arsed, I guess it's a bit too modern for your tastes.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:46 am but from what I am told, superheroes are supposed to have a bit of an edge these days, and the villains usually need to evoke some sympathy.
I take your word on the above, for me i have no interest, watching a couple of wick type movies, and not identifing with a pure good and perfect hero, nor with an evil dummy who is equally 2d - pure evil (only diff between the hero and the villian and the hero is smart and villain dumb, and hero idestructible, and villian has feet of clay - of course).
Then watch something else. Movies like you describe as if they are the only thing made these days are a rarity.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:46 am There is nothing at all special about your dislike of one dimensional goody two shoes heroes, that's why there's no audience for them any more.
WTF? sure there is! its why were are trillion of Bond flicks and Wick flicks.

perfect immortal 2d heros. kicking the asses of the 2d dumb villains.

- what world are you living in?
There are 3 John Wick movies, quit basing your argument on that.
There have been many James Bond movies of course, but many of them predate your cutoff time for cinematic excellence, and the newer ones don't have appreciably dumber villains, nor do they have a less connflicted hero, so that is the shittest possible example you could have chosen for this tiresome rant.
gaffo wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:34 pm I know for a fack that Lumet best movie Fail Safe would fail at the box office today.
Of course you don't know that for a fact. you are asserting it with zero evidence and no possible way of getting any.
gaffo wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:34 pm folks would leave the theater saying, "the prez bombed NYC!" "weak prez" etc.........gray, real world morality is no longer allowed in our martial society.
I'm sorry, is it your assertion that moral difficulty has been entirely expunged from modern film? Please go into more detail. I know that movie and that decision is a bit of a no-brainer under the circumstances.
gaffo wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:34 pm only B/W good guys and bad guys.
So ... Renton in Trainspotting (90s) for instance - he was a junkie who stole a bunch of money from his junkie friends, but he's teh hero of the movie. How does he fit in the B/W good guys thing?
Fuck, even Captain Jack Sparrow doesn't fit that shit you are serving me here.
gaffo wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:34 pm 3rd remake of Fail Safe would have Prez pounding his desk - and call a preptive stike on Russia before the Ruskies had a chance to figure out WTF was going on.

America triumphs! happy ending, the curtain falls and the audience applauds.

- thus the difference between the Day After and Threads.
Of course, Americans make movies where America wins .. America fuck yeah! ... ROdeos .. Bed Bath and Beyond...
I mean apart from Black Hawk Down I suppose.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:46 am Have you noticed yet that you are just old and you stopped enjoying new things some time ago? I've seen you do this same sort of routine with music, where if I recall you complained because the stadium filling cheese rock you enjoy ran out of steam in the 70s too.
yes i'm "old" but i think you my miss-remeber my view per music.

I do not like cheez rick, i do like rock, the best rock era was the late 60's and early 70's - then later become cheezy - 80's was a era with almost no rock - U2/Black Crows/REM were the only ones i rem offhand to keep it alive. I was overjoyed when Grudge returned in the 90's to restore "rock" music - and in fact IMO - the early 90's rock was near on par with the late 60's era of rock. sadly it was removed via the tsunami of RAP by the mid 90's and the rest is history - rock died as a mainline musical form by the late 90's.

Rock now is like Jazz, with folks like Lake Street dive, Tacocat, Black Mountain/etc
Yeah, you aren't really disproving my point there. The 80s was an era with loads of great rock n roll music, it's the decade that gave you the Jesus and Mary Chain, not to mention the Pixies and The Cure. The 90s had other stuff beyond Nirvana and Pearl Jam too (sorry, but you don't strike me as somebody who thinks Mudhoney when they say 'grunge').
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:46 am It's perfectly ok to be a grumpy old sourpuss who doesn't really get all that new stuff the kids like, and to want the good old days back again becasue that was when you felt vital and sprightly and the world was a little bit nicer for you. But it doesn't justify climbing up on your cross and lathering yourself with pity, which is what you did in your second post in this thread.
thanks or your flipantcy, now kindly back it up with:

Why Micheal Bay (modern movies) movies are as good or better than Kubric (old movies).

I await your critic of the masterpiece Tranformers, and how it is so much better than 2001.
Michael Bay movies aren't good (well I've never seen one, but I hear they are just SFX showcases). But most old movies weern't good either. Have you ever seen that flick where ronald Reagan was accompanied by fucking chimpanzee - or that one where Dirty Harry wanders round with an ape of soms sort, or any Burt Reynolds movie that's just about some guy with a mustach driving without due care and attention? They are total gash. So the existence of bad movies today, and good movies in the past, doesn't imply that there are no good movies today or that no bad ones were made back in your day.

So you get your own question back at you you. You must now furnish me with your evidence that Smokey and the Bandit is better than The Grand Budapest Hotel, or Lost in Translation. Fuck, try and show it's better than Borat, or Gladiator or something.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:24 pm
is it your assertion that moral difficulty has been entirely expunged from modern film?
Duh.

as for "grunge" Janes Addiction, Blind Mellon, Veruca Salt, Throwing Muses (and Hirsh's solo works like Hips and Makers)

thanks for refering to Percepolis - a fab animated work (I do not think "being made today" = "popular", i assume you listing this film being made around 2005 as proof that there are still good films made............which is mot my point. Persepolis was not a blockbuster - fk most folks never heard of it!

Today there is the added cultural bias that animation is for children.

so adult animated films that are excellent - like Percepolis, as well as the 3-4 from the Ireland - via Moore - Song of the Sea, Book of Kells, The Breadwinner - all fab movies, the latter the best IMO, never seen by "adult" americans because animation = cartoons = kids movie.

so if you wish to just insult me for your own ego's sake, i have no time for you. if you wish to discuss the line from you i noted above in italics. i welcome discussion from one adult to another. -as stated from the starting thread our culture no longers allows "gray" - moral complexity - and all movies with it will fail at the BO, and why such movies are no longer made by "hollywood". Foreigners are no caught up to us yet - they are living in a less decaded culture (give it time - they will follow our culture im sure ;-( ), so still make movies that do not suck and have realistic moral delemas and complex charcters (The Hunt - 2012? - is one such - excellent movie too (Danish) - "Last day of Sophie Scholl "you will soon be standing where i am" - The Lives of Others (where we see a man that is a "true beleiver" in communism, move to learn of and appreciate the arts and become more than he was initially (this movie is very life affirming BTW).

you will not see such movies from "hollywood" - and no Fail Safe, nor 7 Day in May, nor 2001 would make more than 2-buck in today's american audience.

i speak the true Sir (BTW you can include 12 Angry Men in that mix ) "TOO SLOW!!!!!!!!! would be the bleet from the bleachers.

anyway i welcome discussion, not vituperation.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:23 pm
gaffo wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:14 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWO-XnAwGrA

no they did not, and why i like them.

Lancaster was prob the top 10 of all time actors of all time (IMO).

IMO i do not think Douglas was in Lancaster's league as an actor - but did a great job in this movie (sad to hear he died - but at least he made it to 103 - not too many do that).

an actor never noted in Lancaster's league, and nearly forgotten today is Martin Balsom(sp) - who of course is in this movie.

as for Fredrick March - IMO i think he is on level of Douglas (and did a fab job in this movie, but i did not think his acting was so good in his earlier Death Takes a Holiday (good movie though - the 70's with Monty Markam is also good (had the latter on my YT channel before it was removed for copyriech violatons 5 yrs ago))

thanks for reply and good taste in movies.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

gaffo wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:48 pm

IMO i do not think Douglas was in Lancaster's league as an actor - but did a great job in this movie (sad to hear he died - but at least he made it to 103 - not too many do that).

an actor never noted in Lancaster's league, and nearly forgotten today is Martin Balsom(sp) - who of course is in this movie.

as for Fredrick March - IMO i think he is on level of Douglas (and did a fab job in this movie, but i did not think his acting was so good in his earlier Death Takes a Holiday (good movie though - the 70's with Monty Markam is also good (had the latter on my YT channel before it was removed for copyriech violatons 5 yrs ago))

Since you are a fan of great old British series, have you watched 'A family at war' and 'When the boat comes in'?

And compare this to that shallow pile of dog-shit The Kardashians.
Fantastic opening theme as well.
The original 'reality TV' that had everyone glued to their TV sets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZArtrC5rpVs

''Famous for seeds and biscuits'' haha. The introduction sounds like a Monty Python skit.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:13 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:48 pm

Since you are a fan of great old British series, have you watched 'A family at war' and 'When the boat comes in'?

And compare this to that shallow pile of dog-shit The Kardashians.
Fantastic opening theme as well.
The original 'reality TV' that had everyone glued to their TV sets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZArtrC5rpVs

''Famous for seeds and biscuits'' haha. The introduction sounds like a Monty Python skit.
I watched when the boat comes in about 5 yrs ago - it was ok (main charcter was so much of an asshole i kinka lost interest in his plight) - it was a an ok series though.

not as good as Callan (which i discovered 7 yrs ago - bought the PAL DVDs of - (i have a PAL player - but still have to removed the fucking region codes via my PC via FABDVD to make copies of my bought DVDs to DVDrs without region code to play on my DVD player. I did the same with Colditz and Secret Army (both excellent series i never knew about until viewn parts of via YT 9 yr ago and buying the DVDs) - i then re-encoded them via my PC via Handbrake/Vidcoder to mp4 for YT upload. - along with Human Jungle and Gideons Way (neither offered here in the US) - upload them to my YT channel (along with my NTSC version of Danger UXB).

I also offered the american TV shows The Defenders and The Senator........both via "shout" DVD, i think my posting of those 2 shows got my YT channel removed.

i offered those above 6 tv shows in hidef, and it lasted for 6 months (Z channel) was my channel's name in honour of the original Z channel of the 1980's (there is a documenty by the founder's daughter about it and its founder - who went nuts and killed himself in the 90's). I had 350 subbers at least - lol.

'A family at war'

I discovered this series about 3 months ago, but not had the time to watch it. hopefully it will still be on YT for me to view when i have the chance.

- and ya the best era of brit TV was the 70's.

Secret Army and Callan are my personal gold standards.

BTW there is a good ww2 doc series via Australia - i forget the name of - but know it exists and so can find it and hopfulyl view it via YT.

I watched the Azac aus TV (and other one i forget the name of - about the 1820's era collonial australia (both shows were quite good) series via Harry66 - before his channel was removed yrs ago.

do you have any NZ show worth my discovery?

thanks for reply Madam!