Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:01 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:31 am Shut up fuck face witch bitch ho.

All I ever get from you is the thorny end of the rose.

You make me puke.
Ah, a manic episode. :lol:

What determines what you see? Would you say you're looking in a mirror?
Yes...mirror...very good.
My mania is from constantly having to deal with your mania.
It’s hard...especially when people as dumb as you who keep frosting up this two way mirror by leaving your slivering slug slime trails all over it, it’s disgusting, all it does is reflect the pond scum you are to my side of the mirror....We might even have something civilised to talk about if only you weren’t such a dumbo.

Are you willing to keep your side of the mirror from looking so gross and tacky. I will not be holding my breath for any hopes in that request..but then I’m very patient, I know there’s a clean side in you somewhere...no doubt you’ll prove me right or wrong.

Do continue....
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:24 am
I'm calling out your crap. That's what it is. You (too) get very vocal in challenging what people say, right? So why is it different when someone challenges you?

If you don't want to be called out and challenged you need to improve your game and self-mastery.

A big part of the entertainment and value of this forum is in questioning/challenging claims, beliefs, and ideas.
I don’t care about being challenged, or called out..but if people like you start shouting and f..in and blinding at me, then I’m going to give that shit back where it belongs.

Call out my crap all you like, it’s not going to make any difference to how I choose to express myself, I’m not going to change for you or anyone else. So all you will be doing is throwing rocks at the mirror. If that’s what you enjoy then be my guest, but you’ll not break my side of the mirror, for my side is opaque..your rocks just pass straight through it every time.

The point is if you feel challenged by what I write that you have to call it out then what makes you think that will solve anything?...all you’ll be doing is trying to win other over to your side of the issue...it’s such a stupid game. Best not even go there until you can step up to the challenge with maturity and dignity...something you lack, as you’ve proved over and over again..I’ve tried and tried to be positive with you, and just when I’m beginning to make some progress taming you, you pounce on me like a demented piranha...

Ive never ever once claimed self mastery. .. I’m just awake, and it just so happens that only Jesus is my king, not wo/mans ..God is my authority not wo/mans.

You can question my beliefs, ideas, claims or whatever takes your fancy...it won’t change a single thing about the person I am. I am what I am...and that’s all there is to it...I don’t give a craps ass about what you think about it.

I force no one here to take my views seriously or even care about them...one thing I do do, is I think for myself always.
And will continue to do so with or without an audience...I’m not hear to be liked, I’m here because I like being here talking to other people on all things metaphysical and nondual.

So fuck you.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:28 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:01 pm What determines what you see? Would you say you're looking in a mirror?
Yes...mirror...very good.
It seemed like you needed to be reminded.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:28 pmMy mania is from constantly having to deal with your mania.
No, it isn't. There you go blaming someone else again.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:28 pmIt’s hard...especially when people as dumb as you
Oh I'm not dumb. But you can think so if it makes you feel better... or you need to project it.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:28 pmwho keep frosting up this two way mirror by leaving your slivering slug slime trails all over it, it’s disgusting, all it does is reflect the pond scum you are to my side of the mirror....
Now that's funny! :lol: I don't take it to heart like you do. It's like Attofishpi calling me a "bimbo". He's so obviously a bimbo himself, that he needs to project it. So I just laugh. It's pretty easy to get people stirred up here such that they reveal even more about themselves and their psychosis.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:28 pmWe might even have something civilised to talk about if only you weren’t such a dumbo.
Well, I'm not a dumbo... and it's not an excuse for you. Yes, we have had some interesting conversations before. I was thinking of suggesting that you give that a try, too... because I know the potential is there.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:14 pm Call out my crap all you like
Yes, that's what I'm doing. And I don't care if you care. I'm not doing it to torment you, although that can be a bit of entertainment too. I'm doing it to simply call out crap. It doesn't matter if it's your's or someone else's. You've done the same thing to people, DAM. Why do you take this so personally? We're on a stage, remember? You do your dance... I do mine. You are very active on this forum, so there's plenty of your "stuff" to respond to!

When you tell people what you think and see, are you not hoping just a little bit to inspire them to see and think in new ways? That's what I'm doing too. My approach depends on what and how claims are said, and sometimes by who. There's a lot of bullshit thrown around on this forum. Why shouldn't I call it out (as other people do)? I'm not trying to hurt people's feelings. I'm trying to get them to wake the fuck up to their own bullshit -- just as I try to focus on staying awake in regard to my own bullshit. These exchanges have learning potential for everyone. Don't you want that for people too? It's not about a particular destination or methodology, it's about stepping out of the bullshit.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:14 pm The point is if you feel challenged by what I write that you have to call it out...
Notice your projection. I do not feel challenged by what you write. I feel compelled to challenge your claims.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:14 pmwhat makes you think that will solve anything?
Well, at the very least, it's entertaining. But hopefully, those of us who find it interesting to observe and call out bullshit for what it is, can become more aware by witnessing how deep it can go... and all the dishonest/delusional tricks it plays to preserve itself. It's very fascinating.

I'm sorry you feel like a target... but you're putting yourself out there with a whole lot of nonsense on display. You're performing a valuable service for such an exchange to occur. It's just too bad you're so attached to it that you can't laugh at your own absurdity. I've seen you do it before, but you must be in a serious phase right now.

This is not who you are, DAM. I know that. But it is who you are being right now... and maybe there's a part of you that wants to be called out. I would hope that you're doing so to further yourself, rather than to torture yourself (which wouldn't be a very good storyline to choose).
Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:14 pmtrying to win other over to your side of the issue
I don't have a side. I'm making observations based on what you've said which is at odds with other things you've said. How is that about me winning anything? I'm simply pointing out truths.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:14 pmBest not even go there until you can step up to the challenge with maturity and dignity...something you lack
Another projection.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:14 pmand just when I’m beginning to make some progress taming you, you pounce on me like a demented piranha...
:lol: Funny! You'll never tame me, baby -- but I like the image of a demented piranha.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:14 pmIve never ever once claimed self mastery. .. I’m just awake
Well, your story changes depending on whether it's aimed at you or someone else, and that's noticeable. As is the way you turn on the salad spinner when you want to avoid answering questions in the same context as you made your claims. It's natural to wonder what that's about! Seems sneaky, but you actually seem unaware of it.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:14 pmI’m here because I like being here talking to other people on all things metaphysical and nondual.
People are going to talk back to you on a forum. It's a two-way exchange.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:14 pmSo fuck you.
Fuck you too.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing.

You’re just one big boring cliche.. ...you have a dull and dreary vibration. I actually feel physically ill when I read you’re responses to me. I really don’t think we have anything in common whatsoever.

So I’m putting you on my permanent ignore list.

You will never hear from me again. I prefer to spend my time on this forum with upbeat mature positive people, you unfortunately do not tick that box. I’ve tried so hard to connect with you on a non-dual metaphysical basis, but it seems I’m just flogging a dead horse. It seems you have never shown any interest in meeting me in the middle, which is all I’ve ever wanted. It’s clear you are only interested in conflict for your own personal entertainment. And for that reason, I’m out.

This is my last and final message to you.

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Lacewing wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:01 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:31 am Shut up fuck face witch bitch ho.

All I ever get from you is the thorny end of the rose.

You make me puke.
Ah, a manic episode. :lol:

What determines what you see? Would you say you're looking in a mirror?
From the point of view of eternity/Brahman the individual's perspective is not quite a mirror; more a fraction of the whole from which the whole reality follows. I've seen pics of something that shows what I mean but forget what it's called. These image things look solid but they aren't.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Belinda wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:55 pm
Lacewing to dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:01 pm What determines what you see? Would you say you're looking in a mirror?
From the point of view of eternity/Brahman the individual's perspective is not quite a mirror; more a fraction of the whole from which the whole reality follows. I've seen pics of something that shows what I mean but forget what it's called. These image things look solid but they aren't.
What you're saying makes more sense to me than the mirror idea. I just repeated the mirror idea back to DAM because it's what she likes to use on people other than herself.

So many concepts are taken to extreme and thereby lose sensible meaning as a result. There are things we can mirror for other people, and there are things that other people mirror for us. But not everything that one hears or experiences is a mirror of themselves. I think more along the lines of people being facets that reflect different angles and potential of all-that-is. And I think there's all sorts of over-lapping, and also uniqueness, all going on at once. It's a fascinating display, from what I can see.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Lacewing wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:40 pm
Belinda wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:55 pm
Lacewing to dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 4:01 pm What determines what you see? Would you say you're looking in a mirror?
What you're saying makes more sense to me than the mirror idea. I just repeated the mirror idea back to DAM because it's what she likes to use on people other than herself.

So many concepts are taken to extreme and thereby lose sensible meaning as a result. There are things we can mirror for other people, and there are things that other people mirror for us. But not everything that one hears or experiences is a mirror of themselves. I think more along the lines of people being facets that reflect different angles and potential of all-that-is. And I think there's all sorts of over-lapping, and also uniqueness, all going on at once. It's a fascinating display, from what I can see.
The image and word I was seeking is 'Holograph'. I think it's a better analogy for eternity/Brahman than the two dimensional mirror image. I also like your "people being facets that reflect different angles and potential of all-that-is. And I think there's all sorts of over-lapping, and also uniqueness, all going on at once. It's a fascinating display, from what I can see."

I can't see that is different from what DAM tries to express. Of course, one does not know and one has to remain sceptical, but an ontological stance such as Adviata Vedanta is at least of practical value as a way to attach meaning to this vale of tears, just as long as one remains humbly uncertain.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Belinda wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:53 am The image and word I was seeking is 'Holograph'. I think it's a better analogy for eternity/Brahman than the two dimensional mirror image. I also like your "people being facets that reflect different angles and potential of all-that-is. And I think there's all sorts of over-lapping, and also uniqueness, all going on at once. It's a fascinating display, from what I can see."

I can't see that is different from what DAM tries to express. Of course, one does not know and one has to remain sceptical, but an ontological stance such as Adviata Vedanta is at least of practical value as a way to attach meaning to this vale of tears, just as long as one remains humbly uncertain.
Agreed. And I like the word 'holograph', as well. DAM and I share very similar views! I do not challenge her on that. I challenge her on the ways she uses it and applies it inconsistently.

Yes, being 'humbly uncertain' is important because we, as humans, can only put things into the limited language and limited concepts we are aware of and can fathom via our limitations. I think most could agree that there are energies and forces and connections (as evidenced all throughout nature) at work "behind" our physically "solid" world. I think it's extraordinary to simply NOTICE such things at work, and consider the expansive potential that might point to, without trying to "own" it. To claim to "actually know" it as one specific idea/form or another evolves into a human fantasy that is often manipulated and misused for human purposes -- typically to separate the "knower" from others, and to cater to one's own needs, no matter how distorted or delusional that might become.

I wonder: What if humans stopped claiming to "know" what is beyond the physical world and behind the physical curtain, and instead focused on being part of the expansive connectivity evidenced all around? What are we (what might we be) without our stories? My philosophical practice questions such things.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Lacewing wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:30 pm
Belinda wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:53 am The image and word I was seeking is 'Holograph'. I think it's a better analogy for eternity/Brahman than the two dimensional mirror image. I also like your "people being facets that reflect different angles and potential of all-that-is. And I think there's all sorts of over-lapping, and also uniqueness, all going on at once. It's a fascinating display, from what I can see."

Agreed. And I like the word 'holograph', as well. DAM and I share very similar views! I do not challenge her on that. I challenge her on the ways she uses it and applies it inconsistently.

Yes, being 'humbly uncertain' is important because we, as humans, can only put things into the limited language and limited concepts we are aware of and can fathom via our limitations. I think most could agree that there are energies and forces and connections (as evidenced all throughout nature) at work "behind" our physically "solid" world. I think it's extraordinary to simply NOTICE such things at work, and consider the expansive potential that might point to, without trying to "own" it. To claim to "actually know" it as one specific idea/form or another evolves into a human fantasy that is often manipulated and misused for human purposes -- typically to separate the "knower" from others, and to cater to one's own needs, no matter how distorted or delusional that might become.

I wonder: What if humans stopped claiming to "know" what is beyond the physical world and behind the physical curtain, and instead focused on being part of the expansive connectivity evidenced all around? What are we (what might we be) without our stories? My philosophical practice questions such things.
We'd not be human at all we'd be angels.Our subjective narratives, as narrated each of us by way of our preferred myths, are good because unless we are subjects each of narrow blinkered subjectivity we could not compare and learn different. There will always be culture clashes. Even the most oppressive regimes can't quite stop culture clashes I hope !
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:55 am
gaffo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:16 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:17 am

Of course. Dog like sausage. God like Sosej.
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus was an Essene Jew! a rural man that had the gift of thought and speaking and so gain a rep as a wise speaker/prophet.

He never claimed he was God nor the son of!!!!!!!

what he said survives via 50 yr later Gospels via the serman on the mount/etc..........but his nature at more than a man was created decade after his death! and is utter heresy per Judaism - and Jesus is spining in his grave for 2 millian for folks placing him equal/as the God he worshiped!

he's still spining, and Christianity -is heresy per the man Jesus - who was of course dead and not able to protest and corrupt his nature when that newer religion was created.
Let's face it. If there was a rabbi called Jesus who was crucified, then it is highly doubtful that much in the NT give a reliable account of his life.
Agreed! and thanks for reply sir.

a question for you though, in the above i note the "if" - i personally believe there was a person (probably name joshua (jesus) - just due to a record from disparate accounts - Mark/Matt/Luke (from "Q") - and Gospel of thomas, which may b from "Q", but not related to M/M/L in any way. I note the common sayings attributed to the man Joshua ..the fact that Gosp. Thomas has similar saying to the synopics though nor related historicially, to me is enough for me to believe the man "jesus" (Joshua) existed.

IMO its most likely "jesus" was not literate and so left no record of his own (literacy in the ancient world was around 10 percent - at best).

But he must have had much personality and wisdom, for others to write down what he had to say.

and they did.

Sculptor wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:17 am And I think we can be pretty sure that all the mystical stuff about resurrection, god, and miracles is total bunkum.

yes absolutely.

Sculptor wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:17 am Humans claiming to be the son of God were, in ancient times ten a penny. Whether serious thinkers at the time took any heed of it was highly unlikely. "Son of God " as about as clear a title as "Star" is in today's tabloid media.
Not knowledgeble enough per Hinduism to know if a mortal prophet claiming to be the son of God/gods is heresy, but per Judiasm (and we are talking about the Near East here - not the Far East) - I know more about Judaism than either Christianity and of course Hinduism (which i know little of). Greek Theology allows for such claims, and I'm sure there were many Greek nuts that proclaimed themsleves as the son of zeus/some other of the hellenite gods/etc...............now lost to history of course.

Montanus anyone? - just a name i know of, not particulars, welcome education about him from anyone that knows more than me about him.

No Jewish human - including Jesus - would claim to be the Son of God!!!!!!!!!!! - this is HERESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Jesus was an Essene Jew! - so the last to claim to be the Son of his God!

Sculptor wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:17 am Little Susej was not the messiah; he was a very naughty boy, who left his village, got mixed up with the wrong people, and left him mum to fend for herself.
Note, i think you may misuderstand the nature of a Messiah Sir.

IMO -from reading Gosp of Mark and understanding Ego, i think Jesus at first thought his station in prophesy was the same as John the Baptist (his mentor) (to be the messinger of the Messiah to come) - but sometime over the 3 yrs of Jesus' mission and after John's beheading, began to think that rather than being the messenger, he was in fact the messiah!!!!!! - i think his ego to the better of him IMO.

per the Messiah, such a person is not devine, not the Son of God (such a concept is heresy per Judiasm), just a fellow that was born via intercourse by a regular man and regular woman, who YHWH decided deserved to be anointed as a messiah to lead the Jews out of bondage.

IMO, Abraham was a messiah, as was Moses, and King David, and lastly Jesus.

as you say there were many self proclaimed messiahs when the romans rulled over Judea - I'd say probably one every decade - add the math up - (Roman rule over Judea from 60? BC - to 130 AD (Barcokba was the last Messiah - 100? self proclaimed Messiahs - "the Egytian" is but one) - Rome ruled over Judea for another millinia, but the Jewish religion and hope for a messiah was broken 800 yrs earlier when Barkoba failed to free the Jews from roman rule, and Judiasm itself reformed from a Prophetic Nationalistic Religion - to an insular Rabbinic one - in order to survived under Pagan Roman rule and later Christian Roman rule.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

I believe "messiah" means simply a priest-king sort of character who leads his people out of troubled times to better times.It does not necessarily signify any supernatural status.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:33 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:55 am
gaffo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:16 am

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus was an Essene Jew! a rural man that had the gift of thought and speaking and so gain a rep as a wise speaker/prophet.

He never claimed he was God nor the son of!!!!!!!

what he said survives via 50 yr later Gospels via the serman on the mount/etc..........but his nature at more than a man was created decade after his death! and is utter heresy per Judaism - and Jesus is spining in his grave for 2 millian for folks placing him equal/as the God he worshiped!

he's still spining, and Christianity -is heresy per the man Jesus - who was of course dead and not able to protest and corrupt his nature when that newer religion was created.
Let's face it. If there was a rabbi called Jesus who was crucified, then it is highly doubtful that much in the NT give a reliable account of his life.
Agreed! and thanks for reply sir.

a question for you though, in the above i note the "if" - i personally believe there was a person (probably name joshua (jesus) - just due to a record from disparate accounts - Mark/Matt/Luke (from "Q") - and Gospel of thomas, which may b from "Q", but not related to M/M/L in any way. I note the common sayings attributed to the man Joshua ..the fact that Gosp. Thomas has similar saying to the synopics though nor related historicially, to me is enough for me to believe the man "jesus" (Joshua) existed.

IMO its most likely "jesus" was not literate and so left no record of his own (literacy in the ancient world was around 10 percent - at best).

But he must have had much personality and wisdom, for others to write down what he had to say.

and they did.

Sculptor wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:17 am And I think we can be pretty sure that all the mystical stuff about resurrection, god, and miracles is total bunkum.

yes absolutely.

Sculptor wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:17 am Humans claiming to be the son of God were, in ancient times ten a penny. Whether serious thinkers at the time took any heed of it was highly unlikely. "Son of God " as about as clear a title as "Star" is in today's tabloid media.
Not knowledgeble enough per Hinduism to know if a mortal prophet claiming to be the son of God/gods is heresy, but per Judiasm (and we are talking about the Near East here - not the Far East) - I know more about Judaism than either Christianity and of course Hinduism (which i know little of). Greek Theology allows for such claims, and I'm sure there were many Greek nuts that proclaimed themsleves as the son of zeus/some other of the hellenite gods/etc...............now lost to history of course.
Not all lost to history.
Their are the obvious ones, like Alexander the Great, Augustus Caesar, and many of the mperors that followed.
And let's face it; Christianity is a Greek religion. And divinity was common place throughout the Greco-Roman world.

Montanus anyone? - just a name i know of, not particulars, welcome education about him from anyone that knows more than me about him.

No Jewish human - including Jesus - would claim to be the Son of God!!!!!!!!!!! - this is HERESY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Jesus was an Essene Jew! - so the last to claim to be the Son of his God!
I seem to remember a popular TV rabbi on British TV, claiming that the phrase "son of man ; son of god; as in Priest" in Aramaic or Hebrew could easily be mistaken and transliterated as literally the "Son of God" in Greek.
Sorry I have no details, But is seem to remember his name was Rabbi Blue.

Sculptor wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:17 am Little Susej was not the messiah; he was a very naughty boy, who left his village, got mixed up with the wrong people, and left him mum to fend for herself.
Note, i think you may misuderstand the nature of a Messiah Sir.
I think you may be mistaking a joke for something serious

IMO -from reading Gosp of Mark and understanding Ego, i think Jesus at first thought his station in prophesy was the same as John the Baptist (his mentor) (to be the messinger of the Messiah to come) - but sometime over the 3 yrs of Jesus' mission and after John's beheading, began to think that rather than being the messenger, he was in fact the messiah!!!!!! - i think his ego to the better of him IMO.

per the Messiah, such a person is not devine, not the Son of God (such a concept is heresy per Judiasm), just a fellow that was born via intercourse by a regular man and regular woman, who YHWH decided deserved to be anointed as a messiah to lead the Jews out of bondage.

IMO, Abraham was a messiah, as was Moses, and King David, and lastly Jesus.

as you say there were many self proclaimed messiahs when the romans rulled over Judea - I'd say probably one every decade - add the math up - (Roman rule over Judea from 60? BC - to 130 AD (Barcokba was the last Messiah - 100? self proclaimed Messiahs - "the Egytian" is but one) - Rome ruled over Judea for another millinia, but the Jewish religion and hope for a messiah was broken 800 yrs earlier when Barkoba failed to free the Jews from roman rule, and Judiasm itself reformed from a Prophetic Nationalistic Religion - to an insular Rabbinic one - in order to survived under Pagan Roman rule and later Christian Roman rule.
Literally Messiah, means only "anointed".
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

per Greco-roman theology, i agree Chrsitanity is more Roman than Jewish.

of course Christians would deny this and say their book is the fullfillment of the Torah.

of course Jews and I do not believe this.

thanks for reply Sir!
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:41 am The mind knows itself.

But when ever the mind that knows itself then attempts to know another minds as well, that's when the mind that knows itself starts to become unhinged and out of it's mind...because there is nothing outside on ones mind.

The I can only know what I know, not what other I's know.

For I AM ONE GOD ...I am the source of all my knowledge....I am one, appearing as every interpreted story of what my knowledge is informing from the unique perception as and through each and every mind/body appearance.
All His-Story.

No point in being here if we cannot know what others know.

Why are you here?

Regards
DL