Mind has no location

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Mind has no location

Post by bahman »

In here we discuss that the reality is made of two things, minds and ideas. Minds are not due to/subjected to ideas. Therefore, they have no location.
Dontaskme

Re: Mind has no location

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:50 pm In here we discuss that the reality is made of two things, minds and ideas. Minds are not due to/subjected to ideas. Therefore, they have no location.
Location implies a place that is known to exist. In this case the 'Mind'

So this 'mind thing' can only be located within the exact same place as of the attention that is placed upon the known existence of the 'mind thing'

And so that place is here now - nowhere.

The mind is the spacer, between object and the space it is appearing in.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

the pineal gland is full

-Imp
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Impenitent wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:41 am the pineal gland is full

-Imp
Then it needs to relieve itself, by emptying it out....it's a nice feeling releasing the full to feel the empty.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:23 am
bahman wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:50 pm In here we discuss that the reality is made of two things, minds and ideas. Minds are not due to/subjected to ideas. Therefore, they have no location.
That is the position of experience, not mind.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:23 am So this 'mind thing' can only be located within the exact same place as of the attention that is placed upon the known existence of the 'mind thing'

And so that place is here now - nowhere.

The mind is the spacer, between object and the space it is appearing in.
The mind is an irreducible thing. You cannot find it. You think that the mind has to be in the position of matter to experience it. I think not.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

bahman wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:50 pm they have no location.
You'll just have to keep looking until you find it then, bahman. I seem to remember it's quite a while since yours went missing.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

rubbish.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

A lot of people on farce forums, aka, philosophy forums make use of what they have while at the same time denying that they have it or can't locate it. It takes a mind or facsimile to say minds don't have a location which makes one wonder...where is the echo coming from!
Wyman

Post by Wyman »

Dubious wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:11 am
A lot of people on farce forums, aka, philosophy forums make use of what they have while at the same time denying that they have it or can't locate it. It takes a mind or facsimile to say minds don't have a location which makes one wonder...where is the echo coming from!
I thought the original post was as moronic as a philosophy forum could get, but yours is worse.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Where is the echo coming from?

That’s a good question...can the source be pointed to and be labelled?.....no it cannot ....this is the greatest mystery even to itself...because there is no self that can point to itself...it is the pointing.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Wyman wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:23 am
I thought the original post was as moronic as a philosophy forum could get, but yours is worse.
Considering the source, I'll take that as a compliment.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:50 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:23 am
That is the position of experience, not mind.
An experience requires an experiencer.
What is the location of an experience ...and also what is the location of the experiencer ?

The mind is an irreducible thing. You cannot find it. You think that the mind has to be in the position of matter to experience it. I think not.
This claim is born of knowledge
Then all that knowledge informs is that there is no location to the knower of knowledge.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

if mind has no location, how do you know if it is lost?

-Imp
bahman

Post by bahman »

Harbal wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:07 pm
bahman wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:50 pm they have no location.
You'll just have to keep looking until you find it then, bahman.
I let you know when I find it.
Harbal wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:07 pm I seem to remember it's quite a while since yours went missing.
I am quite active!
bahman

Post by bahman »

Sculptor wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:04 pm
rubbish.
Which part?