Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:37 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:27 am
Greatest I am wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:20 pm
Your bothered that I agreed with you!

Ok. That is really intelligent.

Your message is very bothering.

Regards
DL
I do not understand how you interpret your God.

That's what bothered me. It's different to how I interpret my God.

That's all...so for that reason, and that reason only...I see no intelligence of us ever agreeing upon anything, especially when it comes to discussing the God topic. . . one thing I am not is a mind reader.
My omission. Apologies.

Here is how I describe the Gnostic Christian god I follow.

Modern Gnostic Christians name our god "I am", and yes, we do mean ourselves.

You are your controller. I am mine. You represent and present whatever mind picture you have of your God or ideal human, and so do I.

The name "I Am" you might see as meaning something like, --- I think I have grown up thanks to having forced my apotheosis through Gnosis and meditation and “I am”, represents the best rules and laws that we have found to live by.

In Gnostic Christianity, we follow the Christian tradition that Christians have forgotten that they are to do. That is, become brethren to Jesus.

That is why some say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

Joseph Campbell shows the same esoteric ecumenist idea in this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGx4IlppSgU

The bible just plainly says to put away the things of children. The supernatural and literal reading of myths.

Regards
DL
if you are a Gnostic Christian as you have claimed for the 13 yrs i've known you, why do you not worship Sophia as the Mother Goddess?

Jesus' and YHWH mom.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Belinda wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:02 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:41 am The mind knows itself.

But when ever the mind that knows itself then attempts to know another minds as well, that's when the mind that knows itself starts to become unhinged and out of it's mind...because there is nothing outside on ones mind.

The I can only know what I know, not what other I's know.

For I AM ONE GOD ...I am the source of all my knowledge....I am one, appearing as every interpreted story of what my knowledge is informing from the unique perception as and through each and every mind/body appearance.
All His-Story.

It's called solipsism. The belief there is only one mind is called solipsism. If DAM believes DAM is the only mind then Dam believes Lacewing, and me, and all are products of her mind.

This belief, solipsism, is not mad but is a reasonable end of scepticism.

I have heard there is a way to rebut solipsism but I forget what it is.
I'm a Solipist - have been since i self realized it at 16 - 5 yr before i heard of Discarte in college.

I'm also an Athiest - which all true Solipists have to be by definition, since i am God, there cannot be another God outside of me.

- not that i'm an Egoist, i hope you exist, but you can talk to me blue in the face (me talking to myself per my view), but you cannot prove you actually exist as a being outside of me talking to myself.

for sanity's sake in my day to day like i assume others exist (via Fatih - not emirisicm) and do not fixate upon my Solipsism, in order to function as a sane man.

and no you cannot refute Solipsism via empircism.

Solipsism is the sole and only lonely Truth

I AM, right now - maybe not in the next 10 seconds. others may exist, but i have no provof of it as so do not take that for a Truth. - i assume so out of functioning in life, nothing more.

https://archive.org/details/MindWebs_20 ... inlein.wav

great "solipist-ish" story, though it rejects it, its mindset is similar to it nonetheless.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:20 pm

Solipsism is knowledge.
No, Solipsism is what is knowable. a difference.

what is knowable is my consciousness - here and now.

All knowledge is via me, all history, religion science, all persons i've met or will met, all persons i see on the street.

with me - they are nonexistant, including all history.religion.science, etc.............

all experience/knowledge is via ME.

all is thus ME.

---------------

your eistiance, history/scicen/culture etc...............all things - might exit outside of me - or not - per me its irrelivent for via me i only know of you/all the stuff history/etc via me anyway!

so say the Falkland Islands did not exist until i created them via the 1983 war when if first learned of them (or maybe they existed outside of me prior to 1982 (but again irrelivent - i cannot know they did! - and if they did, per me (which is all per my existance as a solitary conscience) its the same thing! they did not exist prior to me "Dreaming them up" 40 yrs ago.

- and of course by "Exist" i mean per my mind, not as a thing outside of me - i,e islands made of rock and soil.

"rock and soil" are also just concepts from my mind of course. just like you are. ;-).

Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:20 pm knowledge doesn't and has never denied the existence of an external world, for the external world is knowledge.

nonsense,
the "external world" and "knowledge" are products of my consciousness. and to date the only consciousness i affirm is my own.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Belinda wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:02 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:41 am The mind knows itself.

But when ever the mind that knows itself then attempts to know another minds as well, that's when the mind that knows itself starts to become unhinged and out of it's mind...because there is nothing outside on ones mind.

The I can only know what I know, not what other I's know.

For I AM ONE GOD ...I am the source of all my knowledge....I am one, appearing as every interpreted story of what my knowledge is informing from the unique perception as and through each and every mind/body appearance.
All His-Story.

It's called solipsism. The belief there is only one mind is called solipsism. If DAM believes DAM is the only mind then Dam believes Lacewing, and me, and all are products of her mind.

To believe requires a believer. Where is the believer ? except in this conception, knowledge.

Solipsism is knowledge. And knowledge can only point to the illusory nature of reality in that it's nondual not-dual, but that knowledge doesn't and has never denied the existence of an external world, for the external world is knowledge. As for the mind, there is no knowledge of such, and yet all knowledge is sourced in such. It's a tricky.

The Self cannot know itself, it is the knowing that cannot be known.

The Self cannot tell it self it is a solipsist except in this conception..through knowledge, which is fiction, so no such thing as a solipsist, except as CON cept..

Concepts are known...never SEEN.

Solipsism is more than knowledge. The solitary mind is a reasoning mind so all its ideas are reasonable. It is a reasonable idea that the solitary mind is all there is, but only if the solitary mind's ideas are reasonable. It is reasonable to believe Atman is Brahman, as in Advaita Vedanta, but it's not reasonable to believe there are no other reasonable minds.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:16 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:17 am
Greatest I am wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:33 pm Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

Regards
DL
Of course. Dog like sausage. God like Sosej.
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus was an Essene Jew! a rural man that had the gift of thought and speaking and so gain a rep as a wise speaker/prophet.

He never claimed he was God nor the son of!!!!!!!

what he said survives via 50 yr later Gospels via the serman on the mount/etc..........but his nature at more than a man was created decade after his death! and is utter heresy per Judaism - and Jesus is spining in his grave for 2 millian for folks placing him equal/as the God he worshiped!

he's still spining, and Christianity -is heresy per the man Jesus - who was of course dead and not able to protest and corrupt his nature when that newer religion was created.
Let's face it. If there was a rabbi called Jesus who was crucified, then it is highly doubtful that much in the NT give a reliable account of his life. And I think we can be pretty sure that all the mystical stuff about resurrection, god, and miracles is total bunkum.
Humans claiming to be the son of God were, in ancient times ten a penny. Whether serious thinkers at the time took any heed of it was highly unlikely. "Son of God " as about as clear a title as "Star" is in today's tabloid media.
Little Susej was not the messiah; he was a very naughty boy, who left his village, got mixed up with the wrong people, and left him mum to fend for herself.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Solipsism is knowledge.
gaffo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:39 amNo, Solipsism is what is knowable. a difference.
Sematics...what is knowable is knowledge, same difference.

gaffo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:39 amwhat is knowable is my consciousness - here and now.
No, you cannot know you are consciousness you can only be consciousness...Any knowing of consciousness is knowledge, and knowledge only points to the illusory concept of ''My consciousness'' ..in reality there is no ''My consciousness'' except as an illusory dream character known to be real...by consciousness itself the only knowing there is, aka this immediate not-knowing knowing.
gaffo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:39 amAll knowledge is via me, all history, religion science, all persons i've met or will met, all persons i see on the street.
All kowledge is a fiction arising in consciousness, there is no me except as a fictional character already couched within consciousness, the only knowing there is...which is not known.

gaffo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:39 amall is thus ME.
The 'me' is consciousness, consciousness is not 'me'
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:08 am
Belinda wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:02 pm It's called solipsism. The belief there is only one mind is called solipsism. If DAM believes DAM is the only mind then Dam believes Lacewing, and me, and all are products of her mind.

To believe requires a believer. Where is the believer ? except in this conception, knowledge.

Solipsism is knowledge. And knowledge can only point to the illusory nature of reality in that it's nondual not-dual, but that knowledge doesn't and has never denied the existence of an external world, for the external world is knowledge. As for the mind, there is no knowledge of such, and yet all knowledge is sourced in such. It's a tricky.

The Self cannot tell it self it is a solipsist except in this conception..through knowledge, which is fiction, so no such thing as a solipsist, except as CON cept..

Solipsism is more than knowledge. The solitary mind is a reasoning mind so all its ideas are reasonable. It is a reasonable idea that the solitary mind is all there is, but only if the solitary mind's ideas are reasonable. It is reasonable to believe Atman is Brahman, as in Advaita Vedanta, but it's not reasonable to believe there are no other reasonable minds.
Yeah for sure, the mind is a useful reasoning tool, even though it does not and never has existed. But nevertheless seeing is believing...so I guess belief is useful when it comes to actually seeing things. Concepts are knowledge, they are known, there’s nothing more to it..knowledge points to their illusory nature, as an empty fiction.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:10 pm Listen, I know I draw out your really ugly side
It's not ugly, to me, DAM. I'm seeing humor. Are you aware of the stuff YOU write -- which seems to be for disgusting shock value, and isn't funny or clever?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:10 pmI guess you love fucking me over
How am I fucking you over?

I'm calling out your crap. That's what it is. You (too) get very vocal in challenging what people say, right? So why is it different when someone challenges you? You're practically begging people to tell you how crazy you're being. I'm just playing along. Yes, it is very easy to do when you are so inconsistent and absurd. Do you really think that people aren't going to notice?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:10 pmit's your fucking fuck party not mine
Oh, I think you fuck yourself quite well. Then you play the victim and point to someone else. Then you claim there is no one else. :lol:

If you don't want to be called out and challenged, you need to improve your game and self-mastery. Clarity of mind would help you, but you seem to reject that idea. So, of course, you are like a toy for a cat to play with. A toy that has some of its stuffing falling out. :lol: I wish you well, DAM, I really do. But you bring all of this on yourself by the things you say, and I'm just answering the call (as I would do, and have done, with anyone).

A big part of the entertainment and value of this forum is in questioning/challenging claims, beliefs, and ideas.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:24 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:10 pm Listen, I know I draw out your really ugly side
It's not ugly, to me, DAM. I'm seeing humor. Are you aware of the stuff YOU write -- which seems to be for disgusting shock value, and isn't funny or clever?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:10 pmI guess you love fucking me over
How am I fucking you over?

I'm calling out your crap. That's what it is. You (too) get very vocal in challenging what people say, right? So why is it different when someone challenges you? You're practically begging people to tell you how crazy you're being. I'm just playing along. Yes, it is very easy to do when you are so inconsistent and absurd. Do you really think that people aren't going to notice?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:10 pmit's your fucking fuck party not mine
Oh, I think you fuck yourself quite well. Then you play the victim and point to someone else. Then you claim there is no one else. :lol:

If you don't want to be called out and challenged, you need to improve your game and self-mastery. Clarity of mind would help you, but you seem to reject that idea. So, of course, you are like a toy for a cat to play with. A toy that has some of its stuffing falling out. :lol: I wish you well, DAM, I really do. But you bring all of this on yourself by the things you say, and I'm just answering the call (as I would do, and have done, with anyone).

A big part of the entertainment and value of this forum is in questioning/challenging claims, beliefs, and ideas.
Shut up fuck face witch bitch ho.

All I ever get from you is the thorny end of the rose.

You make me puke.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:32 pm

Yeah for sure, the mind is a useful reasoning tool, even though it does not and never has existed. But nevertheless seeing is believing...so I guess belief is useful when it comes to actually seeing things. Concepts are knowledge, they are known, there’s nothing more to it..knowledge points to their illusory nature, as an empty fiction.

But I did not say "the mind" I said "other reasonable minds" . There is no "the mind" there are minds plural. My mind exists and we know this from Belinda's posts which show pretty well B is not a robot.Likewise your mind exists as we know from DAM's posts which show pretty well DAM is not a robot.

Seeing is not believing. That is an old -fashioned cliche which never was true but was aimed at everyday common sensible decisions. Sometimes people see what is not there but what is a dream or hallucination.

Concepts are not knowledge. Knowledge sometimes "points to their illusory nature" and knowledge sometimes endorses or even justifies the concept.

I respect and believe the tenet of Advaita Vedanta that all is one, including Atman is Brahman, and so do you unless I am much mistaken. This clear and pure vision is not enhanced by ramblings and cliches.

Besides the eternal vision of Advaita Vedanta, we poor creatures of time also live in a relative world which for obvious reasons demands most of our attention.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:47 am
Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:32 pm

But I did not say "the mind" I said "other reasonable minds" . There is no "the mind" there are minds plural. My mind exists and we know this from Belinda's posts which show pretty well B is not a robot.Likewise your mind exists as we know from DAM's posts which show pretty well DAM is not a robot.

Seeing is not believing. That is an old -fashioned cliche which never was true but was aimed at everyday common sensible decisions. Sometimes people see what is not there but what is a dream or hallucination.

Concepts are not knowledge. Knowledge sometimes "points to their illusory nature" and knowledge sometimes endorses or even justifies the concept.

I respect and believe the tenet of Advaita Vedanta that all is one, including Atman is Brahman, and so do you unless I am much mistaken. This clear and pure vision is not enhanced by ramblings and cliches.

Besides the eternal vision of Advaita Vedanta, we poor creatures of time also live in a relative world which for obvious reasons demands most of our attention.
I get it.

And yes the ramblings and cliches are all just appearances within our attention, we can ignore or attach to them, either, or...nothing that appears within our consciousness can touch the essence of It.... the objective relative world arises in it, but is not it...because consciousness cannot experience itself as an object, the object is purely a concept known.

To conceive an idea, is to attach a label to the idea as and through the thinking mechanism...so thoughts become things which is knowledge...so concepts are knowledge...I don’t understand why you oppose the idea that concepts are not knowledge..
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda:

“I did not say "the mind" I said "other reasonable minds" . There is no "the mind" there are minds plural. My mind exists and we know this from Belinda's posts which show pretty well B is not a robot.Likewise your mind exists as we know from DAM's posts which show pretty well DAM is not a robot.”

Response:

I agree that many minds exist, but for me, the minds are conceptual characters, like Belinda and Dam. Yes, these characters are known, this is what I mean by knowledge....however, knowledge is just a story, which is the cliched ramblings you mentioned.

However, where do minds come from, where is the location of the mind...that’s what we are trying to understand..is it not?

Do you see that both yours and my mind have there source in the exact same place?

I understand that your reality is different to my reality...in the sense we’re each a partial pixel within the whole tapestry...but I’m trying to get you past the threads of the tapestry to see that it’s infinitely without beginning nor end....and that the beyond is what is in essence your true and real self.
You cannot see your infinite self...only your relative point of reference as it is believed to exist as a seen objective thing, within infinite seeing.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

DAM, you are preaching to the converted. I agree all our narratives of our personal life stories, our philosophical narratives, official religious narratives, even the explanations of the very best scientists, are insubstantial.
Do you see that both yours and my mind have there source in the exact same place?
I do. I am a determinist, and I see DAM's mind and Belinda's mind could not be other than they are. And this is because all separate minds (and all other separate things) can be viewed from the aspect of eternity.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:40 am DAM, you are preaching to the converted. I agree all our narratives of our personal life stories, our philosophical narratives, official religious narratives, even the explanations of the very best scientists, are insubstantial.
I do. I am a determinist, and I see DAM's mind and Belinda's mind could not be other than they are. And this is because all separate minds (and all other separate things) can be viewed from the aspect of eternity.
Excellent...well said.👍

I’m in perfect alignment with your view. I liked the way you put it....and yes I agree with you on that I’m preaching to the converted with you. Thanks for letting me know. I’m not sure what you mean by saying you are a determinist though.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:31 am Shut up fuck face witch bitch ho.

All I ever get from you is the thorny end of the rose.

You make me puke.
Ah, a manic episode. :lol:

What determines what you see? Would you say you're looking in a mirror?