Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

I have wondered how Christians rationalized Jesus' last words --- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Jesus seems unaware that he was God.

What did Jesus mean by forsaken?

The usual definition means abandoned or deserted.

How can one abandon or desert themselves?

If Jesus knew he was Yahweh, how did he feel about the poor reputation the Jews gave Yahweh?

Is that why the Jews tried to kill Jesus more than once before the cross got him?

Further.

Jesus also said that he and god were one, yet scriptures seem to show Jesus as Yahweh’s good side and Yahweh as the evil side.

If Jesus/Yahweh shared the some consciousness, which they would have to given that there is only one god in Christianity, why are they so different?

Regards
DL
Dontaskme

Re: Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:33 pm Was Jesus aware of being Yahweh?

I have wondered how Christians rationalized Jesus' last words --- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Jesus could not serve two masters, Man and God... Jesus was the only master, in spirit and in flesh. Jesus was the first and last avatar, a chimera symbolic representation, a clay man and so could not be the real god unto the people who looked up to him for love and moral guidance. And so while he lived the real God could not shine forth unless he died.. it was the ultimate sacrifice, that was self-sacrificing, meaning no sacrifice was ever made, because only God lives, has lived and ever will live..Jesus was speaking those words on mans own behalf knowing that the ''MY'' had to be removed from the saying ''MY GOD'' so that man would know they are the living God, and are never alone, in that they would come to know they are always one with God, never separated.

There are many explanations in video form or just in text, all over the internet as to why Jesus said those words while on the cross... "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

If people are interested, to save conflict of mis-understandings... just check out the internet and then make up your own mind via your own inner-net aka your own interpretations of what exactly did Jesus mean when he spoke those words, and WHY...Incidently, his very final words before passing away was ''My work is done''

It's all so beautiful, it makes me well up SO MUCH, that an earthly man could be so pure and beautiful...Jesus had to be the fall guy, so that you the man would realise your own inner worth and beauty...through Jesus name. A MEN

:( :( :( :(
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Regards
DL
Of course. Dog like sausage. God like Sosej.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: ↑

Regards
DL

No he wasn't, not while he was wearing the mask of personal identity that is the living flesh.

That's why he had to lose the fleshy part of himself, in order to know, become aware he was both spirit and flesh as one being...and it was only until he realised his true nature, did the difference between the finite fleshy nature and the infinite spirit become apparent to him, and so only in that self recognition was he finally free to live out the rest of eternity shining. As only God can shine, everything else is but a shadow of this eternal shine.

Jesus only realised his true self right at the moment just before his death, when he said my ''work is done''

Prior to that, he only has an inkling he was his father, but could only reconcile his doubt via the sacrifice.

cicero117

Post by cicero117 »

Hi, the reply is super late but I just recently discovered this forum, I will try to answer to my best abilities.

First of all there's the doctrine of Trinity which states that there is one God in three Divine person (Holy Father, Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit)
Jesus is fully aware that He is Yahweh, evidence that can support this statement is when He visits the temple as a child and when Mary and Joseph asks what He was doing there, Jesus answered "“Why were you searching for me?” he asked, “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?” Jesus knew that God was his father and that the temple was God’s special house.

When Jesus was crucified he says "Eli, Eli lama sabakhtani" or in english, : "God, God, why have you forsaken me" , Jesus said that because at that time God was unable to look at Him because of the sins He had. This means that Jesus had gone to the deepest place, in which He receives the punishment of sin, hell. Jesus who is sinless had receive the punishment of sin because only those without sin can forgave those with sin.

Jesus is fully aware from the beginning that He is Yahweh. He can forgave the sinful because of He himself is sinless, does miracle-activity to the sick and crippled. Only God has the authority over those things, we have to remember that Jesus is 100% man and 100% God, it's just His nature.

I hope my answer satisfy you, If you're interested of other meaning of the rest 6 sayings of Jesus on the cross I highly encourage you to read https://teologiareformed.blogspot.com/2 ... salib.html, it's not in english but I think the page can be translated.
Other source that proves Jesus's divine nature can be viewed on http://www.christianitydaily.com/articl ... ehovah.htm

Thanks for reading ^^
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

It's VERY specifically stated SEVERAL times that Jesus and God are 2 separate enteties, the FATHER AND SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Surely, any human is challenged by the limited awareness and intoxication of human life and beliefs. Such is necessary to live a physical life in this world, and to interact with others who are doing so.

Human stories about gods and saviors are human fantasies. We humans are not wretchedly separate from anything, nor do we need to be saved. Ideas of separation and distance and time are human fantasies.

There are countless people walking this Earth who have amazing love and wisdom, and who inspire others. They will not be worshipped when they die, and they wouldn't want to be. The story of Jesus is fantastic. It is a STORY crafted by many hands. Holding it up as an idea of some kind of separate godly brilliance -- especially if a person attempts to associate themselves with that while condemning others -- demonstrates some of the most ignorant and self-serving delusion there can be.

If a person is inspired by the Jesus story, they might make the best use of that by striving to see the light and beauty and oneness throughout all, rather than turning some SINGLE IDEA, such as Jesus, into a separate and unattainable religious idol/ideal. In other words, stop worshipping separateness and start being connected. Worshipping stories/ideas of separateness is not some kind of holy path to a fantasy Heaven. None of that makes any sense.

The idea of separateness is a tool for those who seek to control and distort.

And the Jesus character, if based on any truth, would OBVIOUSLY be furious and disgusted by the religious distortions and idols that have been created by people in order to control and judge other people. I think religion demonstrates how even after thousands of years, people STILL MISS THE POINT! It is easier (and more intoxicating, perhaps) to separate and worship, than to connect and BE! Worshipping is a separatist human trait -- BEING is "spirit". Worshipping lusts after ideas of Heaven, BEing IS "Heaven". :D ONENESS is here, now, throughout all. Why wouldn't it be?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:13 am

Jesus could not serve two masters, Man and God... Jesus was the only master, in spirit and in flesh. Jesus was the first and last avatar, a chimera symbolic representation, a clay man and so could not be the real god unto the people who looked up to him for love and moral guidance. And so while he lived the real God could not shine forth unless he died.. it was the ultimate sacrifice, that was self-sacrificing, meaning no sacrifice was ever made, because only God lives, has lived and ever will live..Jesus was speaking those words on mans own behalf knowing that the ''MY'' had to be removed from the saying ''MY GOD'' so that man would know they are the living God, and are never alone, in that they would come to know they are always one with God, never separated.

There are many explanations in video form or just in text, all over the internet as to why Jesus said those words while on the cross... "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

If people are interested, to save conflict of mis-understandings... just check out the internet and then make up your own mind via your own inner-net aka your own interpretations of what exactly did Jesus mean when he spoke those words, and WHY...Incidently, his very final words before passing away was ''My work is done''

It's all so beautiful, it makes me well up SO MUCH, that an earthly man could be so pure and beautiful...Jesus had to be the fall guy, so that you the man would realise your own inner worth and beauty...through Jesus name. A MEN

You limit Jesus/Yahweh by saying he cannot server both man and god, while Jesus himself said he was doing both the will of god, serving it, and also serving man whom Jesus said he cam e to serve. His serving man, I do not interpret as his making us his master. If you do something for me, that does not make me your master does it?

You say Jesus was master, yet he said he came to serve,

As to Jesus' moral guidance. He is certainly a better guide than his genocidal side, Yahweh, if you are a Trinitarian, but I think he failed as a moral teacher due to things like his vile no divorce and substitutional punishment policies.

Care to discuss the immoral implications of you abdicating your responsibilities for your sins?

You would not punish your good child for what your other child did so why would you think a god would?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Sculptor wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:17 am

Regards
DL
His words indicate that he did not. How can he have a god when he is god?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:45 am
Greatest I am wrote: ↑

Regards
DL

No he wasn't, not while he was wearing the mask of personal identity that is the living flesh.

That's why he had to lose the fleshy part of himself, in order to know, become aware he was both spirit and flesh as one being...and it was only until he realised his true nature, did the difference between the finite fleshy nature and the infinite spirit become apparent to him, and so only in that self recognition was he finally free to live out the rest of eternity shining. As only God can shine, everything else is but a shadow of this eternal shine.

Jesus only realised his true self right at the moment just before his death, when he said my ''work is done''

Prior to that, he only has an inkling he was his father, but could only reconcile his doubt via the sacrifice.
You put many limitations on Jesus, who, if god as you say, has none.

You have him learning things or thinking in error while ignoring that scriptures say that god never changes as he was perfect from the get go.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

HexHammer wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:26 am It's VERY specifically stated SEVERAL times that Jesus and God are 2 separate enteties, the FATHER AND SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
True, but if you read scriptures literally, and Jesus was born of a virgin, then you have to see Jesus as biologically female all of his life, thanks to his parthenogenetic birth.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Lacewing wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:42 pm Surely, any human is challenged by the limited awareness and intoxication of human life and beliefs. Such is necessary to live a physical life in this world, and to interact with others who are doing so.

Human stories about gods and saviors are human fantasies. We humans are not wretchedly separate from anything, nor do we need to be saved. Ideas of separation and distance and time are human fantasies.

There are countless people walking this Earth who have amazing love and wisdom, and who inspire others. They will not be worshipped when they die, and they wouldn't want to be. The story of Jesus is fantastic. It is a STORY crafted by many hands. Holding it up as an idea of some kind of separate godly brilliance -- especially if a person attempts to associate themselves with that while condemning others -- demonstrates some of the most ignorant and self-serving delusion there can be.

If a person is inspired by the Jesus story, they might make the best use of that by striving to see the light and beauty and oneness throughout all, rather than turning some SINGLE IDEA, such as Jesus, into a separate and unattainable religious idol/ideal. In other words, stop worshipping separateness and start being connected. Worshipping stories/ideas of separateness is not some kind of holy path to a fantasy Heaven. None of that makes any sense.

The idea of separateness is a tool for those who seek to control and distort.

And the Jesus character, if based on any truth, would OBVIOUSLY be furious and disgusted by the religious distortions and idols that have been created by people in order to control and judge other people. I think religion demonstrates how even after thousands of years, people STILL MISS THE POINT! It is easier (and more intoxicating, perhaps) to separate and worship, than to connect and BE! Worshipping is a separatist human trait -- BEING is "spirit". Worshipping lusts after ideas of Heaven, BEing IS "Heaven". :D ONENESS is here, now, throughout all. Why wouldn't it be?
Nicely put. I have no argument.

I especially agree that Jesus would be disgusted with the mainstream religions.

Regards
DL
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:55 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:17 am

Regards
DL
His words indicate that he did not. How can he have a god when he is god?

Regards
DL
What part of "I am a man" do you not get?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:54 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:13 am

You limit Jesus/Yahweh by saying he cannot server both man and god, while Jesus himself said he was doing both the will of god, serving it, and also serving man whom Jesus said he cam e to serve. His serving man, I do not interpret as his making us his master. If you do something for me, that does not make me your master does it?

You say Jesus was master, yet he said he came to serve,

As to Jesus' moral guidance. He is certainly a better guide than his genocidal side, Yahweh, if you are a Trinitarian, but I think he failed as a moral teacher due to things like his vile no divorce and substitutional punishment policies.

Care to discuss the immoral implications of you abdicating your responsibilities for your sins?

You would not punish your good child for what your other child did so why would you think a god would?

Regards
DL
Holy fuck...you are absolutely clueless as to what god is.

I’ve explained this Jesus god story from the nondual premise which by the sound of your reply you have no understanding of nonduality whatsoever....

But don’t worry, you’re not alone in your ignorance...I’m out, can’t be arsed to muddle through with you your total lack of understanding of what god means and how Jesus was just a symbolic fictional representation of the living god....all HIS STORY

... .byeee won’t be bothering you again..

HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:02 pmTrue, but if you read scriptures literally, and Jesus was born of a virgin, then you have to see Jesus as biologically female all of his life, thanks to his parthenogenetic birth.
Pure nonsense and babble! There has been many spontaneous pregnancies over the millenials in various places on earth, and the child can be of any sex, not necessarily female!