Muslims: The Bible is Corrupted!

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Muslims: The Bible is Corrupted!

Post by Sculptor »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:39 am
Sculptor wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:19 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:40 am Muslims generally claimed the Bible [Gospels] had been corrupted by Christians.
For example, there is no Trinity by Allah, Jesus is not the Son of God but only a prophet, Jesus was not crucified, etc.
Muslims will quote verses from the Quran, 3:78, etc., to support their claim.
Is this true?

Note this defense and great explanation:
The Bible is not corrupted by David Wood and Sam Shamoun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2-sSeGisSY
There is no trinity in the Bible, just ask Isaac Newton. It's not so much what is not there as what Christianity colonised. The trinity goes back way before Jesus and possibly way before Judaism.

As for your other questions. Who gives a F?
The concept and idea of 'trinity' is a very common which, yes, stretch back long before Judaism way back to the vedas with Hinduism.

In the OP, the Quran [you are ignorant of] specifically refer to the Trinity in the Bible.

I did not ask you to F... the questions, they were addressed to "Age' specifically.
You are a 'ucking moron. You have no evidence that I am ignorant of the Quran. That's your ignorance.
If you don't like me addressing the points in the thread, you'd better PM Age. other wise I'll help you our with my knowledge of the scriptures you seem ignorant of.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:40 am Muslims generally claimed the Bible [Gospels] had been corrupted by Christians.
For example, there is no Trinity by Allah, Jesus is not the Son of God but only a prophet, Jesus was not crucified, etc.
Is this true?

There is no trinity in the Bible, just ask Isaac Newton. It's not so much what is not there as what Christianity colonised. The trinity goes back way before Jesus and possibly way before Judaism.

"The Trinity" is implied in the preamble of Gospel of John, its stated directly in another short work of the NT - my mem is not good - john 3 maybe" its in one of the latter short works of the NT - if not john 3 then in another work.

not anywhere else in the NT.

as for the OT (Jews) - they could not affirm the Trinity via not recongnising Christ! - but ya there is evidence they Affirmed a Duality (Douopoly) - of God the Father and the Holy Spirit, the latter being the messenger/conscience of god wrt men.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

I never understood what the Holy Ghost was . I do understand the uses of avatars and other incarnations of deity. Deity might be, and monodeity certainly is, too ethereal and ineffable for us to understand. Incarnations of deity are for explaining deity in terms we can understand. Incarnations of deity include Jesus Christ: the Holy Koran: Govinda.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:40 am
Is this true?

"The Trinity" is implied in the preamble of Gospel of John, its stated directly in another short work of the NT - my mem is not good - john 3 maybe" its in one of the latter short works of the NT - if not john 3 then in another work.

as for the OT (Jews) - they could not affirm the Trinity via not recongnising Christ! - but ya there is evidence they Affirmed a Duality (Douopoly) - of God the Father and the Holy Spirit, the latter being the messenger/conscience of god wrt men.
Without more detail, I shall not be taking your word for it.
Issac Newton spilt gallons of ink on this very subject, and has a million words to his name on Theology.
There is no doubt that the minimal allusions in the NT mobilised to justify this dogma, do not match the obsessive fetishizatrion of the Trinity in some branches of Xity.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:20 am
gaffo wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:40 am

Without more detail, I shall not be taking your word for it.
Issac Newton spilt gallons of ink on this very subject, and has a million words to his name on Theology.
There is no doubt that the minimal allusions in the NT mobilised to justify this dogma, do not match the obsessive fetishizatrion of the Trinity in some branches of Xity.
nor should you take my word on it. as i said (ven if you assume i am not a liar (and i'm not) - i said my mem is poor and do not remember the book - i think it was jon 3 - but maybe not.

anyway - do your own reading (and/or try google - google is the oricle of dephi (knows all) -so one hour of searching via the Oricle , and you will find the work in the NT (the one and only short book in the NT to affirm the Trinity explictly - its litterally one sentance, and reads like the "lords prayer" (which implies that prayer must be extemely old and date to 120 AD or so).

thanks for reply Sir!

i love talking about "The Bible" - i like dogma and history and how the former changes via the latter (and understand all works of the Bible are to an audience of 2000 yrs ago - not us here and now).

so if you have questions about the bible, i can give my views of - though an athiest, i have no bias and value objectivity with history in mind at all times.

thanks agian Sir!
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculpture you made me dug up my king jame bible and read john 2 and 3 - not there!!!!!!! (you made me read my bible not since 15-20 yrs ago! good job - you may save my soul yet! - lol).

anyway - as i said before my memory is poor - add 15 yrs and you got a bad result.

not john 3 - but I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!

John 1!!!!!!!!!! (not Gospel of John) - John 1 chaper 5, verse 7!!!!!!!!!!!!

"the father, the word, and the holy ghost, and these three are one."

i,e, author of john 1 (120 AD) affirm the theology of the Trinity.

you made me do your homework sir!!!!!!!!!!!
you are welcome BTW.

;-).
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:18 pm Sculpture you made me dug up my king jame bible and read john 2 and 3 - not there!!!!!!! (you made me read my bible not since 15-20 yrs ago! good job - you may save my soul yet! - lol).

anyway - as i said before my memory is poor - add 15 yrs and you got a bad result.

you are welcome BTW.

;-).
Here's what the Skeptics Bible says.

(5:7) This is the clearest, and pretty much the only, expression of the Trinitarian concept in the Bible. It is not, however, found in the earliest Greek manuscripts and is omitted from most modern translations. Here, for example, are verses 7-8 in the New Revised Standard Version:
"There are three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood, and these three agree."

Which pretty much asserts that the Trinity is not in the bible, as I said, and as Newton uncovered. This was a massive risk for the scholar since he was, at the time, Master of Trinity College, Cambridge.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Who invented the Trinity? It could not have been Jesus as he was a Jew and did not claim to be God.

Did John invent the Trinity? Was John a Jew? A Greek?

Was Saint Paul a Trinitarian?

http://www.islamicweb.com/begin/trinity.htm

Islamic Web is reliable as Muslims are disinterested in the Trinity.

Saint Paul was not a Trinitarian any more than he was not a brain surgeon. Paul was not an academic at all.He wrote readable letters to common people who were not academics either.

As for "Who was John?" , Wikipedia writes:

The majority view is that it the gospel of John reached its current form around AD 90–100.[3][2] It was most likely the product of a "Johannine community" whose founder and leader was the "Beloved Disciple", and which produced the three Johannine epistles and possibly Revelation in addition to the gospel.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:56 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:18 pm Sculpture you made me dug up my king jame bible and read john 2 and 3 - not there!!!!!!! (you made me read my bible not since 15-20 yrs ago! good job - you may save my soul yet! - lol).

you are welcome BTW.

;-).

(5:7) This is the clearest, and pretty much the only, expression of the Trinitarian concept in the Bible. It is not, however, found in the earliest Greek manuscripts and is omitted from most modern translations. Here, for example, are verses 7-8 in the New Revised Standard Version:
"There are three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood, and these three agree."

Which pretty much asserts that the Trinity is not in the bible, as I said, and as Newton uncovered. This was a massive risk for the scholar since he was, at the time, Master of Trinity College, Cambridge.
thanks for the education, I only have KJ version of bible. If the latter is the more accurate translation of john 3 - then i bow to you Sir.

-of course the Preamble of gospel of John is stiil a thorn - and yes i only have the KJ version of it.

thanks for the education Sir!....I never knew!
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Belinda wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:29 am Who invented the Trinity? It could not have been Jesus as he was a Jew and did not claim to be God.
corect Jesus never claimed to be god.

but myths grow, and after his death his myth grew - first "adopted by god: as his son - at age 30 (Mark), 15 yrs later to born as son of God - with god as his daddy (Luke/Matt)

then later - 15 yrs or so -as God on earth - never born at all (John)

Belinda wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:29 am Did John invent the Trinity? Was John a Jew? A Greek?
There was only one John, the older fisherman, who was probably illiterate He was the third tier leader of the early Christian Church - after James (Jesus brother), and Peter.

the author of Gospel of James was not "james" the apostile (nor was he the author of John1/John2/ro jonh 3 - all of them are works by different authors and none of them are were James the fisherman and follower of Jesus.

per "john" of the Gospel of John, i doubt he invented the concept of the trinity, more likely he was born in a community that held that idea and then wrote about it.

Belinda wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:29 am Was Saint Paul a Trinitarian?
Saul's works are pretty clear in this regard, he viewed Jesus as literally the Son of God, not God himself.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:12 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:56 pm

you are welcome BTW.

;-).

thanks for the education, I only have KJ version of bible. If the latter is the more accurate translation of john 3 - then i bow to you Sir.

-of course the Preamble of gospel of John is stiil a thorn - and yes i only have the KJ version of it.

thanks for the education Sir!....I never knew!
I studied Isaac Newton several years ago. He alerted me to the situation.
Averroes

Re: The Bible is corrupted.

Post by Averroes »

HexHammer wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:54 pm
Averroes wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:59 pm I see in the video description that it is part 1 of 2, but I could not find part 2 on YT. Do you have the link or is it coming in a future video?
Part 2 will come in a future video.
Hi HexHammer. Part 2 of the video was just published. And as we could expect, more corruption of the Bible is presented in this video. There is a particularly interesting one though. As we already know, no one of the disciples witnessed the alleged crucifixion of prophet Jesus as the NT itself has it, because all the disciples had fled and abandoned Jesus on the day of the alleged crucifixion. But, moreover, in this video proof is presented that no one even saw the alleged resurrection and the ascent of prophet Jesus to the heavens. All biblical passages mentioning these are not to be found in the earliest manuscripts but were merely later additions to the text. Here is the link: https://youtu.be/kX62bRIG-OI
HexHammer

Re: The Bible is corrupted.

Post by HexHammer »

Averroes wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:24 am Here is the link: https://youtu.be/kX62bRIG-OI
Indeed and thanks for link!