Weird Science

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

NEW

Re: Weird Science

Post by NEW »

Nick_A wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:23 pm
..so best all round solution would be to accept things exactly the way they are, like it's not like you can change the external, change comes from within ...and since you're already here born into this place, then best just to dance yourself silly, that or just laugh like you've never laughed before, it's the best medicine yet, cures just about every problem and ailment that happens to be weighing heavy on your mind..

“The supernatural greatness of Christianity lies in the fact that it does not seek a supernatural remedy for suffering but a supernatural use for it.” Simone Weil

I have to agree with Simone here. An individual can change and if it does we react more realistically to the external world as we become aware of its purpose..
Me too, consider me a changed man now ...

and just see how you treat that ...
Nick_A wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:12 pm
I disaagree with your hypothesis that laughter is the best alternative. Nothing changes. When laughter dies down its opposite and the violence it produces becomes dominant

Like most you concern yourself with the quality of subjective interpretations of expressions as in art for example. Yet how many ever contemplate the quality of impressions the human organism takes in or even know what it is? Expressions or impressions?

A person can change when the quality of impressions they receive can also change. How many have ever thought seriously about what it means? But when only the quality of expression changes form, nothing really changes and the best society can do is dance in futility as we turn in circles proving ignorance is bliss.
and of course you do not agree ...cause everything seems to have to be "serious" with you, mr Grumpy,
and please give me proof that that changes anything, except for back issues and a grumpy attitude? (cause trust me, I have been there)

but I already told you that is ok too...inc my best wishes to you.

Mr Grumpy is part of the 7 dwarfs you know? and loved too, just like any other, not dispite of, or anything ...just by allowing everyone to be (as much as possible)

Since you turned away a dance, no worries,
a big kiss from me, cause I simply know you care as well ...you just show it your way :wink:

https://youtu.be/M1A6VmXkM9E?t=97
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

NEW
and of course you do not agree ...cause everything seems to have to be "serious" with you, mr Grumpy,
and please give me proof that that changes anything, except for back issues and a grumpy attitude? (cause trust me, I have been there)
Well, this is the first time the master of the one liner has been called grumpy. Let’s see you work a piano bar and keep up with the wit coming from all directions as you inspire a sing a long with “My Corona”. Now everyone is hiding under their bed imitating the Lone Ranger so I’m on vacation. Who was that masked man? You can’t because you take yourself seriously. But what if you didn’t and took life seriously instead?

For a person who seeks meaning in life is it better to dance to Avoid seeing or learn to consciously see?

."Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. It is given to very few minds to notice that things and beings exist. Since my childhood I have not wanted anything else but to receive the complete revelation of this before dying." ~Simone Weil

I’m no Simone and a slave to imagination but know she’s got the right idea. So she serves as an inspiration. But once a person experiences that they are a mass of contradictions with the potential to be human, it is silly to take oneself seriously. It is far more logical to take the objective relationship with universal meaning and purpose seriously which humanity as a whole has forgotten and admit our ignorance in front of it.

You prefer dancing to lighten up and I explore ways to acquire conscious attention to experience external life as it is without interpretations. As above, so below. We have our paths.
NEW

Post by NEW »

Nick_A wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:37 am NEW
Well, this is the first time the master of the one liner has been called grumpy. Let’s see you work a piano bar and keep up with the wit coming from all directions as you inspire a sing a long with “My Corona”. Now everyone is hiding under their bed imitating the Lone Ranger so I’m on vacation. Who was that masked man? You can’t because you take yourself seriously. But what if you didn’t and took life seriously instead?

For a person who seeks meaning in life is it better to dance to Avoid seeing or learn to consciously see?

."Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity. It is given to very few minds to notice that things and beings exist. Since my childhood I have not wanted anything else but to receive the complete revelation of this before dying." ~Simone Weil

I’m no Simone and a slave to imagination but know she’s got the right idea. So she serves as an inspiration. But once a person experiences that they are a mass of contradictions with the potential to be human, it is silly to take oneself seriously. It is far more logical to take the objective relationship with universal meaning and purpose seriously which humanity as a whole has forgotten and admit our ignorance in front of it.

You prefer dancing to lighten up and I explore ways to acquire conscious attention to experience external life as it is without interpretations. As above, so below. We have our paths.
hence why the investigation of "UNity trough diversity", with my sincere thanks and appreciation towards possible confirmation of this. 8)
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

NEW wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:17 am
Nick_A wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:37 am NEW

hence why the investigation of "UNity trough diversity", with my sincere thanks and appreciation towards possible confirmation of this. 8)
You take it too superficially. Unity through diversity needs the "north star". It needs a direction which is normal for people to contemplate. The secular world rejects it.
"The combination of these two facts — the longing in the depth of the heart for absolute good, and the power, though only latent, of directing attention and love to a reality beyond the world and of receiving good from it — constitutes a link which attaches every man without exception to that other reality.

Whoever recognizes that reality recognizes also that link. Because of it, he holds every human being without any exception as something sacred to which he is bound to show respect.

This is the only possible motive for universal respect towards all human beings. Whatever formulation of belief or disbelief a man may choose to make, if his heart inclines him to feel this respect, then he in fact also recognizes a reality other than this world's reality. Whoever in fact does not feel this respect is alien to that other reality also." ~ Simone Weil
Secular society is enchanted with dancing and looking down or straight ahead in the world. This cannot lead anywhere but following the cycles of life including war and peace. Simone is suggesting the benefits of being able to look up with attention in contemplation of what we are from a higher perspective.

It does seem impossible in this day and age but at least some understand the human condition and what is lost by our denial of a universal perspective in favor of a short sighted secular perspective. They keep the awakening value of philosophy alive in the world for those open to it.
NEW

Post by NEW »

Look my man,

I get it, I'm superficial, I'm this, I'm that,
everything you are not

I already gave you a big kiss, and lots of love. what more do you want?

Another song to dance to?
Hey, here, I got one,
This one is for Simone! and my wish to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHGnWdwi940

And since you can't dance, you can do some clapping right? ;-)
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:41 pm Since objects aren’t allowed to travel faster than the speed of light they need to resist gaining speed when they get too close the magic number of 300,000 km/s (186,000 mps), otherwise known as light speed. To do this, they gain mass. For an object to move at the speed of light it would need to have infinite energy which is also infinite mass and infinitely impossible.
Okay so far.

Thats how you were able to appear out of this weightless nothingness.
Err.... How?
Because you are this weightless nothingness. Which makes the idea of you existing as a big fat lardy arse blob impossible and just a weightless piece of nothingness carrying excess baggage that it needn't have to do..except that it is willing to carry that burden just for the sake of being able to say..''.. hey gosh..I really need to lose this god damn weight. :D
WTF?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:47 pm
NEW wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:53 pm fortunately there are quantum principles :D
Thank God for Atomonies that give autonomy ♾ to the atom.

@ OM. 🧞‍♂️
Did you mean.... (google suggests)
Atomies

Amomonies

Atonies

Alimonies

OR
antinomies?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

..i bet it was anemones.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:23 pm An individual can change and if it does we react more realistically to the external world as we become aware of its purpose..
I agree.

But what has that got anything to do with feeling the urge to be joyful, to laugh and dance and be content and happy?? :?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:53 am
NEW wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:53 pm fortunately there are quantum principles :D

@ OM. 🧞‍♂️
Atomies

Amomonies

Atonies

Alimonies

OR
antinomies?
No I meant what I meant. What I understand and know...I don't need to be shown my own show by showing up.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:49 am Err.... How?
How does one weigh/measure the mind/consciousness?
Sculptor wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:49 amWTF?
Oh I know, this is like what is it, is it a bird, is it a plane....no it's ?what ever no one sez it is? :mrgreen:

It's like what time is it? ...well fucked if I know, it's what ever the clock or the position of the sun in the sky sez it is. And even a broken clock is right twice a day.

It's like..if you write about hundreds of different scenarios that could possibly play out, you're probably going to get something right eventually, but I hardly think it's going to add much weight to the nothingness that it came from.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

NEW wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:46 amImage
Lets groove tonight, lets hit the spotlight. :mrgreen:

When I'm feeling blue, all I have to do
Is take a look at you, then I'm not so blue
When you're close to me, I can feel your heart beat
I can hear you breathing near my ear
Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me got a groovy kind of love.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Physics have been lying to you. :shock:

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:16 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:53 am

@ OM. 🧞‍♂️
Atomies

Amomonies

Atonies

Alimonies

OR
antinomies?
No I meant what I meant. What I understand and know...I don't need to be shown my own show by showing up.

"Atomonies " no such word, rendering what you say meaningless - I suppose you are getting used to that.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:37 pm Physics have been lying to you. :shock:

Duh.

Grammatically it would have to be "physics is lying to you".
However since "physics" is not an intentional agent, it is not capably of lying.