Coronavirus Craziness

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Coronavirus Craziness

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:52 pm
DAM has said the same thing to me too, and it appears that her brain shorts out when she doesn't want to hear something. Suddenly, words make no sense because they disrupt her "cloud" service. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know why I was born this way Lacewing, but I can only hear truth.

Alarm bells start ringing really loud in my ears when I'm not hearing the truth, and that is when my brain does a short circuit wake up call that alerts me of the blah blah blah coming my way again...so it's like I just have to retreat as far away as I possibly can distance myself, it's a kind of short circuit, but also a very long one at the same time. :wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:51 pmI don't 'believe' anything. Belief is for mentally ill, conspiracytard religious fuckturds like you.
OK miss angry potty mouth.

But who would believe you don't believe anything but rather you just KNOW ?

Oooh, I just know the wet market practices are to blame, so fuck anyone elses opinion.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:13 pm Alarm bells start ringing really loud in my ears when I'm not hearing the truth...
Well, I can certainly understand this. I've always had a kind of radar with people, sensing their energy (so-to-speak) more than what they present on the surface. That hasn't stopped me from dancing with weird or dark energies (that I would have been better advised to avoid) at some points in life -- but I guess it's good to experience what you want to propel away from -- and, of course, there's entertainment value in all of it for those with an attitude to notice/appreciate that.

As for the concept of "truth" though (which you say you're not hearing)... we know what can be said about that. I've personally witnessed you shutting down on me when I've said something simple and truthful (which I saw in A_uk's communication too), so that suggests to me that you're not hearing "your" truth. If you say you're not hearing THE truth, then you're essentially saying that I'm not speaking the truth... nor is anyone else... and that doesn't make sense. It makes more sense that people protect/sustain whatever kind of truth works for them. And we're all living in our own cloud services. :D
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:31 pm
As for the concept of "truth" though (which you say you're not hearing)... we know what can be said about that. I've personally witnessed you shutting down on me when I've said something simple and truthful (which I saw in A_uk's communication too), so that suggests to me that you're not hearing "your" truth. If you say you're not hearing THE truth, then you're essentially saying that I'm not speaking the truth... nor is anyone else... and that doesn't make sense. It makes more sense that people protect/sustain whatever kind of truth works for them. And we're all living in our own cloud services. :D
I agree with you. :D except to say that when I'm not hearing the truth, this does not mean the other person is not telling their truth. I'm just not buying into a story that isn't mine that's all. The other person is only telling their truth that is true for them.

You are wrong about me shutting down on people. Because I still respond to you and A_uk

If I was to shut down on anyone I would stop responding immediately, the thing is, we all want to be right and true. We've all got a story to tell and share. My belief is that it's all just our own story, but sometimes what is one persons story is not what another persons story is, so there is bound to be conflict, but all we are doing is discussing how our stories differ that's all.

To me, we all know the truth, the truth is within all of us because we are the truth.

I know I'm a bit hard core when it comes to truth because to me, there is no truth except what we make up or believe. If language had never been invented, there would be no truth to be talking about, silence is my only truth.

I've only ever shut down on one person on this forum and that is the character named AGE

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:40 pm We've all got a story to tell and share. My belief is that it's all just our own story, but sometimes what is one persons story is not what another persons story is, so there is bound to be conflict, but all we are doing is discussing how our stories differ that's all.
Agreed. :D
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:40 pm I know I'm a bit hard core when it comes to truth because to me, there is no truth except what we make up or believe.
It's so natural for people to project their idea of truth onto everyone else -- and that's up for challenge. One person can't be right while everyone else is wrong. There are certainly delusional ideas -- and just because someone believes something, doesn't make it truth. It may be "all they know or allow" -- but it can be untrue. So it's tricky establishing what truth is.

Perhaps it's more interesting and revealing to see what we're doing with what we think truth is.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:51 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:40 pm We've all got a story to tell and share. My belief is that it's all just our own story, but sometimes what is one persons story is not what another persons story is, so there is bound to be conflict, but all we are doing is discussing how our stories differ that's all.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:40 pm I know I'm a bit hard core when it comes to truth because to me, there is no truth except what we make up or believe.
It's so natural for people to project their idea of truth onto everyone else -- and that's up for challenge. One person can't be right while everyone else is wrong. There are certainly delusional ideas -- and just because someone believes something, doesn't make it truth. It may be "all they know or allow" -- but it can be untrue. So it's tricky establishing what truth is.

Perhaps it's more interesting and revealing to see what we're doing with what we think truth is.
Alas, I agree with you. :D Happy days. Birds sing for no reason at all, and so do we, because it's what we do.

Oh look there's a butterfly!

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Mine just disappears down the plughole..that until it rises up again, gee, I really need to fix that blockage.. :wink:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:55 pm Alas, I agree with you. :D Happy days. Birds sing for no reason at all, and so do we, because it's what we do.

Oh look there's a butterfly!
:lol:
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

commonsense wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:39 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:41 pm Your responses are wasted on me, they are just meaningless words heard as blah blah blah.

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about ever, so I don't know why you even bother responding to me.
If I could just grasp what ever it is you are trying to say to me then I guess we could be singing from the same page, but I'm just being honest with you, nothing you say makes any sense to me.
Do you have any insight into your projection?
Wake up!

I am speaking of projection, the pathological action of falsely attributing to others what is true of yourself.

What you claim to be true about Arising_uk can honestly be said by A_uk about you.

You seem to be unaware of this tendency, even though it is apparent to 3rd parties like me, in this and other threads.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:13 pm

I don't know why I was born this way Lacewing, but I can only hear truth.

You must be the most unconfused person on the planet. How you manage to filter the rare nuggets from a vortex of the usual crap is a talent I'd give a fortune to have.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:27 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:51 pmI don't 'believe' anything. Belief is for mentally ill, conspiracytard religious fuckturds like you.
OK miss angry potty mouth.

But who would believe you don't believe anything but rather you just KNOW ?

Oooh, I just know the wet market practices are to blame, so fuck anyone elses opinion.
Has anyone said anything different, apart from conspiracyturd nutjobs on social media who also 'believe' the moon landings were faked and and that the 'illuminati' rules the world and is creating a 'new world order'? :lol:
This isn't my 'opinion' it's verifiable fact.
So what's your 'theory', or are you too embarrassed to say, which is why you like to speak in 'cute' little riddles?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

You've really lost the plot. You used to be fairly normal. Now you are relating to DAM? Was it drugs or alcohol? :|
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:01 pm You've really lost the plot. You used to be fairly normal. Now you are relating to DAM? Was it drugs or alcohol? :|
I can relate to a lot of people, even you Spider Woman. Some people, for longer periods of time than others. People are often spinning off in one direction or another. When there are a few moments of actual connection, free of unnecessary noise and delusion, that's sweet.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

commonsense wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:32 pm
commonsense wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:39 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:41 pm Your responses are wasted on me, they are just meaningless words heard as blah blah blah.

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about ever, so I don't know why you even bother responding to me.
If I could just grasp what ever it is you are trying to say to me then I guess we could be singing from the same page, but I'm just being honest with you, nothing you say makes any sense to me.
Do you have any insight into your projection?
Wake up!

I am speaking of projection, the pathological action of falsely attributing to others what is true of yourself.

What you claim to be true about Arising_uk can honestly be said by A_uk about you.

You seem to be unaware of this tendency, even though it is apparent to 3rd parties like me, in this and other threads.
I am very aware of this tendency. We all do it dummy, stop pretending to be as dumb as rocks believing I do not know what projection is. We cannot know another persons thoughts until we know our own thoughts. So it's a pointless and futile exercise to deny that I am not aware of that. But if it makes you feel better by spreading your misguided assumptions of what you think I am not aware of, then go ahead, but you'll be attributing wrong false projections at me, as far as I'm concerned.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:20 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:01 pm You've really lost the plot. You used to be fairly normal. Now you are relating to DAM? Was it drugs or alcohol? :|
I can relate to a lot of people, even you Spider Woman. Some people, for longer periods of time than others. People are often spinning off in one direction or another. When there are a few moments of actual connection, free of unnecessary noise and delusion, that's sweet.
Do you wanna be in my gang, my gang, my gang, do you wanna be in my gang OH YEAH..la, la, la, lah la! :wink: :wink:

I'd rather be the insane me any day, than be a pretentious wannabe normal one. :lol: