People want to be their own gods. Is that good or evil?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

The real Original Sin, then and today, to most Christians, is based on this quote.

“For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" (Gen. 3:5).

Jesus seems to have wanted this to happen, as that would make us his brethren.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught and that Gnostic Christians have embraced.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbes ... r_embedded

If Jesus wants us to know of good and evil, as a prerequisite to being born again as his brethren, it goes well with Jesus’ prediction as quoted above.

That may be why Christians sing that Adam’s sin was a happy fault and necessary to god’s plan.

I am not a literal reader of this myth, but this seems to make sense. It follows then that it makes sense for Adam to ignore Yahweh’s command not to gain an education.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
Impenitent

Re: People want to be their own gods. Is that good or evil?

Post by Impenitent »

to be a god... create your place... that is beyond good and evil...

-Imp
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Impenitent wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:01 am to be a god... create your place... that is beyond good and evil...

-Imp
A good idea.

I have already suffered my apotheosis and done as you advise.

I don't know if I would say that it is beyond good and evil. I would say it is the teacher of it.

After all, that place you speak of is in our minds and all minds can do is teach, --- as we like to make our own determinations of what is good and what is evil.

It is tied to the survival of the fittest and the fittest decide things for themselves.

Regards
DL
bahman

Post by bahman »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:54 pm People want to be their own gods. Is that good or evil?

The real Original Sin, then and today, to most Christians, is based on this quote.

“For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" (Gen. 3:5).

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught and that Gnostic Christians have embraced.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

If Jesus wants us to know of good and evil, as a prerequisite to being born again as his brethren, it goes well with Jesus’ prediction as quoted above.

That may be why Christians sing that Adam’s sin was a happy fault and necessary to god’s plan.

I am not a literal reader of this myth, but this seems to make sense. It follows then that it makes sense for Adam to ignore Yahweh’s command not to gain an education.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
A God who is good cannot create evil, tree of knowledge, then allows to Snake/Satan fools Eve and then Adam to eat the fruit that apparently didn't turn them to God,..., unless God is evil too, ... Needless to say that I have two arguments against existence of God.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

bahman wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:33 am
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:54 pm People want to be their own gods. Is that good or evil?

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
A God who is good cannot create evil, tree of knowledge, then allows to Snake/Satan fools Eve and then Adam to eat the fruit that apparently didn't turn them to God,..., unless God is evil too, ... Needless to say that I have two arguments against existence of God.
As neither of us believe the biblical B.S., lets look at our creator, nature, and see if your statement applies.

I see nature as quite good, but if we are evolving creatures, and we are, do you see a touch of evil in the larger good of keeping our evolution going?

We do create losers who will think evil has come their way when they lose a competition. That is a good nature creating evil.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
bahman

Post by bahman »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:45 pm

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
As neither of us believe the biblical B.S., lets look at our creator, nature, and see if your statement applies.

I see nature as quite good, but if we are evolving creatures, and we are, do you see a touch of evil in the larger good of keeping our evolution going?

We do create losers who will think evil has come their way when they lose a competition. That is a good nature creating evil.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
I think good and evil are necessary for our evolution. I, however, distinguish them from right and wrong. Think of playing chess. The act putting pressure on your opponent is evil but we do it otherwise competition is meaningless and you never learn how to play chess otherwise. Therefore, evil in this case is right and necessary.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

bahman wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:15 pm

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
I think good and evil are necessary for our evolution. I, however, distinguish them from right and wrong. Think of playing chess. The act putting pressure on your opponent is evil but we do it otherwise competition is meaningless and you never learn how to play chess otherwise. Therefore, evil in this case is right and necessary.
An accurate analogy.

Our evolution cannot quite be seen that simply.

It can I guess where there is a safety net to catch the loser, who fails to get a job for instance, due to another winning that competition.

But if the same thing happens where the harm in losing cannot be mitigated by a social safety net, the loser might starve to death.

Regards
DL
Spyrith

Post by Spyrith »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:54 pm That may be why Christians sing that Adam’s sin was a happy fault and necessary to god’s plan.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
An idea that you gave me is that by tasting the forbidden fruit, perhaps Adam and Eve gained what you might call divine power, that to distinguish between right and wrong.

However, the other mental faculties that humans posses, are not as developed and cannot properly support our ability to distinguish between right and wrong.

Thus, even if we tasted the fruit of knowledge, we are not worthy enough to fully understand the information it provides. Because of this, we constantly make the wrong decisions that are counter to what God had originally planned for us.

Not sure if this is correct or not, but it's a thought that you gave me.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Spyrith wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:28 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:54 pm That may be why Christians sing that Adam’s sin was a happy fault and necessary to god’s plan.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
An idea that you gave me is that by tasting the forbidden fruit, perhaps Adam and Eve gained what you might call divine power, that to distinguish between right and wrong.

However, the other mental faculties that humans posses, are not as developed and cannot properly support our ability to distinguish between right and wrong.

Thus, even if we tasted the fruit of knowledge, we are not worthy enough to fully understand the information it provides. Because of this, we constantly make the wrong decisions that are counter to what God had originally planned for us.

Not sure if this is correct or not, but it's a thought that you gave me.
You can distinguish right from wrong. Right?

Of course.

You thus claim a divine power.

I agree, but some of god's sparks within us are in need of knowledge to shine brighter.

You degrade the makers of souls. Humanity, by subverting it to some god who would not give us our free will and have us do his slave master will.

You seem to think lowly of your god.

Your life is your plan my friend. No one else's.

Your divinity demands it.

Regards
DL
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

I dissagree, i do not think Jesus wanted us to eat of the Apple.

I think he was an Essene Jew - like the author of The Appoclypse - had the same view of Satan is the Serpent and evil and so its council in Genesis about eating of the apple would be a sin. so don't do it.

- clearly a simple reading of Genesis is that the Serpent is not Satan, and eating of the apple is a rise and not a fall nor a sin. which i think was the view of Jews prior to Jesus time.

but not by his time and his view was the same old converntional one we have now - which of course is wrong, but oh well.

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:54 pm Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught and that Gnostic Christians have embraced.
Jesus was not a gnostic, he was a Jewish Nationalist Essene, who was killed by the Romans for insurrection/jewish nationalism/
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

A God who is good cannot create evil,
ummmmmmmmmmm, take that concept up with the Torah (Judges i think- maybe Exodos? (I do not have an idetic memory sadly) - but in the Torah God is stated literally word for word:

"I am good yet create evil" -------its in the Torah - in black and white.

So maybe God is not Good?

I'm not into the God game - proving he IS or IS NOT - nor His character (my full lifetime job is working on MY character! and decade long wrok project) - only a fool demands God be good if he ain't.

i make no claims on if God IS nor of His character - my nature is too small to know God exists let alone what his character is nor demand he be moral.

lol - i don't waste my time on such folly.

Either God or Gods Exist, and He/they are good or he/they are not.............i have no power to fix him/them or even know they exist!

so do not waste my time.

maybe God/s is/are dicks. if so, well, so be it. I of course hope they/he are good fellas.

bahman wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:33 am tree of knowledge, then allows to Snake/Satan fools Eve and then Adam to eat the fruit that apparently didn't turn them to God,...,
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Snake spoke the TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!! ToK (Tree of Wisdom is the better term and the one i use - or Tree of Self Awarness - even moreso).

THERE WERE TWO (TWO TREES) - the other of the Tree of LIFE - which YHWH removed from Adam/eve - to prevent them from overthrowing him (as Zeus did with his daddy Cronos)..so adam/eve got "Stuck" - with self awarness/widsom, but still die!!!!!!!!!!!! - had they eaten from the ToL they would have become YHWH's equal!!!!!!!! and why YHWH removed the ToL after discovering they eat of the ToK and become Godlike (unlike the Beasts of the Field - which never got the eat of the ToK and have no selfawarness (my Cat thinks i her cat mom - not a higher being) - same with Adam/eve prior to the Tok - they were just one more animal with no self awarness.

bahman wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:33 am unless God is evil too, ... Needless to say that I have two arguments against existence of God.
see above, i don't play that folly game.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
I do not see nature as good, i see survival of the fitest, tooth and nail.

evolution is about death, its a graveyard for every existing species there 10,000 extinct ones.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

bahman wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:15 pm

I think good and evil are necessary for our evolution.
I view evolution as agnostic - not good or evil - just a machine

man is a product of it, and we via evolution evolved morality as a social animal - to survive.

man is a moral animal due to evolution.
bahman wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:15 pm I, however, distinguish them from right and wrong.
really? how so? curious.

i view them the same myself.

bahman wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:15 pm Think of playing chess.
Love Chess myself and have been playing one game a day for the last 20 yrs.

i'm a pretty good player now - i should be after 20 yrs lol.

bahman wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:15 pm The act putting pressure on your opponent is evil but we do it otherwise competition is meaningless and you never learn how to play chess otherwise. Therefore, evil in this case is right and necessary.
yep, kinda like War - but france did not learn from ww1 - germans sure did though!
nothing

Post by nothing »

The Original sin = blame in both hands.
Adam attempted to BLAME all others (ie. the woman and god)
for his own actions, despite being admonished and merely asked if he did.
The "test" is whether or not he can account for his own actions.
If so, he takes responsibility. If not, he blames/scapegoats, the latter begets Cain
hence why the first progeny of Adam and Eve is Cain = tiller of the soil
(to drawn from ones own nature and scapegoat in the form of an accusation) followed by Abel.

Adam could have responded "Yes, it was my own doing..." and perhaps he would not have got kicked out.
Instead, he BLAMED others and got kicked out. That is the religion of Adam: getting kicked out of Eden.

Who says Adam is a prophet of god, and wish peace upon Adam, and theirs is the religion of Adam?
The same are those who are themselves kicked out of Eden, for the truth is ever in plain sight at all times.

The religious garments (hijab/niqab/burqa) are truth-in-plain-sight corollary
of men scapegoating their own abusive treatment of women, onto women,
and involves men blaming women for their being raped... by men.
This all digs at the root of the original sin.

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is 'BELIEF'. It takes a believer to ever believe any/all: evil is good / satan is god.
The tree of the living (forever) is what actual 'KNOWLEDGE' is. It takes conscious knowledge to know any/all: not to believe.
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:54 pm Jesus seems to have wanted this to happen, as that would make us his brethren.

Pentagram:
{I AM}
{ALPHA}{OMEGA}
{BEG}{END}

Operators:
{ALPHA} = ALL
{OMEGA} = NOT

Roots:
{BEG} = TO KNOW
{END} = TO BELIEVE

{TO KNOW ALL}thus{NOT TO BELIEVE}
{TO BELIEVE ALL}thus{NOT TO KNOW}

Only a "believer" can believe themselves to be something they are not, such as superior to others.
Thus all fascists / Nazis are "believers". There is an entire "religion" of them who scapegoat their own
crimes against humanity onto others (Cain: to draw from own nature / till from the soil).
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:54 pm Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
Beliefs are like fruits: some can yield, but many have bad roots.
Alpha and Omega imply both: to and not, thus the Christian science
can be used to highlight the catastrophic blunder in/of:
All knowing is belief (?), but not all belief is knowing.
-Philosophy (current)
and graduates it with (while revealing) accompanying scientific methodology:
All knowing is by way of consciously trying all belief, but
not all belief is by way of consciously trying to know all.
ii. to TEST both: true and/or not (necessarily) such
iii. to FALSIFY all BELIEF(s) NOT (necessarily) TRUE
...ad infinitum ...
The point is: consciousness implies conscience implies science, thus
if there is no INQUIRING (ie. trying/testing) into the root(s) of any/all beliefs
one is liable to ever-consume some fruit (ie. belief) such to believe something to be true,
if/when in fact not, suffering is bound to occur as a function of/over time.

This, in light of the ongoing "believer vs. unbeliever" crises (which is about to pop globally)
should be enough to highlight the dangers of eating from the tree of the knowledge
of good and evil: the zealous "believers" are certainly 180-degrees upside down "believing"
a dead polygamous pedophile genocidal warlord is the greatest model for living,
for all of humanity, for all of time. What be the outcome of such a belief as?

The same is idol worship rooted in justifying evil as good, for "believing" the deeds of the idol
to be sanctioned by a god, thus they "believe" to know good and evil by way of. If/when
light is shone about their wickedness, they accuse/blame/harass/slander/silence/suppress etc.
but they only draw from their own nature that which they attempt to make the fault of others,
the same was the original sin.

Accuser is the accused = Mark of Cain
Testifying of a dead man = false witness (10 commandments)

All who testify to the nature/character of a dead man
are certainly severed from any possible "Abrahamic" god
and their testimony marks the measure of their ignorance of the same
for not concerning either: the ten commandments, or the Edenic admonishment
concerning the tree of the knowledge of good and evil as "believers"
certainly know not from which tree they even eat (!)
bahman

Post by bahman »

gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:28 am
A God who is good cannot create evil,
ummmmmmmmmmm, take that concept up with the Torah (Judges i think- maybe Exodos? (I do not have an idetic memory sadly) - but in the Torah God is stated literally word for word:

"I am good yet create evil" -------its in the Torah - in black and white.
God is his act, therefore, a good God is known from his act.
gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:28 am So maybe God is not Good?
That is not the definition of good God. There is no God. Everything is neutral as a sum.
gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:28 am I'm not into the God game - proving he IS or IS NOT - nor His character (my full lifetime job is working on MY character! and decade long wrok project) - only a fool demands God be good if he ain't.
Interesting. So you are studying yourself. Are you complicated?
gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:28 am i make no claims on if God IS nor of His character - my nature is too small to know God exists let alone what his character is nor demand he be moral.
God cannot exist. The reality is that there is no morality.
gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:28 am lol - i don't waste my time on such folly.
I do. I advise the believers that there is no such a thing as God.
gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:28 am Either God or Gods Exist, and He/they are good or he/they are not.............i have no power to fix him/them or even know they exist!
I believe in spiritual reality. I call them minds.
gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:28 am so do not waste my time.

maybe God/s is/are dicks. if so, well, so be it. I of course hope they/he are good fellas.
lol.
bahman wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:33 am tree of knowledge, then allows to Snake/Satan fools Eve and then Adam to eat the fruit that apparently didn't turn them to God,...,
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Snake spoke the TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!! ToK (Tree of Wisdom is the better term and the one i use - or Tree of Self Awarness - even moreso).

THERE WERE TWO (TWO TREES) - the other of the Tree of LIFE - which YHWH removed from Adam/eve - to prevent them from overthrowing him (as Zeus did with his daddy Cronos)..so adam/eve got "Stuck" - with self awarness/widsom, but still die!!!!!!!!!!!! - had they eaten from the ToL they would have become YHWH's equal!!!!!!!! and why YHWH removed the ToL after discovering they eat of the ToK and become Godlike (unlike the Beasts of the Field - which never got the eat of the ToK and have no selfawarness (my Cat thinks i her cat mom - not a higher being) - same with Adam/eve prior to the Tok - they were just one more animal with no self awarness.
Interesting. And why He left the three of knowledge there?
bahman wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:33 am unless God is evil too, ... Needless to say that I have two arguments against existence of God.
see above, i don't play that folly game.
Thanks.