Bidon is Senile

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: Bidon is Senile

Post by gaffo »

Walker wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:56 pm If he is nominated Biden is likely to repeat Clinton’s counter-intuitive tactic of avoiding unscripted publicity during the campaign, because no one knows what might fly out of his mouth next. I heard that his debate with Sanders might be a sit down, which supposedly works to his advantage more than standing at a podium. Sanders of course knows that the fix is in. The puppet-master caused the entire field to drop out within a span of hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLcIMdHQvz8
yes Biden's handers will keep in in hiding as much as possible, but it will not work, eventually he will show himself by nov, and lose the general.

Trump 5 more yrs ;-(.

we are lost as a nation.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:51 pm Reagan and Thatcher.

Both are honoured as superheroes of an economic miracle. But you have to ask who is writing the news.
Since 1980 several things have happened that look great on paper if you are a property developer; a share holder; a business leader or a banker.
Sadly for most of us things are not so good.
Less working rights.
Fewer working contracts.
More zero hours contracts - practically unknown before 1980.
Lack of union support. No union rights.
More inequality.
People have less working security, and more part time and temporary jobs.
More poverty - I mean not only dirt poverty - but working poverty.
More food banks,
Less social housing.
Student grants GONE.
Student loans IN

You might say things are better even so. But the technical advances that have made our lives "easier", would have happened regardless and you have to ask what the world might have been like if we had not thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

I can't speak for the US, but in the UK in the last ten years alone the number of billionaires has TRIPLED, whilst the number of food banks, mortgage repossessions and homelessness has rocketed.
SO yeah Thatcher/Raygun.
No thanks.
in other words "trickdown" don't work and why the middle class in America and England has shrunk since 1980.

agreed.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:13 am Stupid yanks chose someone with advanced dementia over sharp-as-a-tack Bernie Sanders. Still, it will be fun to see the wokies weeping when Trump wins again :lol:
fun for you Madam - as i would be for me if i was a Kiwi - sadly i'm stuck living here and not there!

oh well.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:33 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:51 pm Reagan and Thatcher.

Both are honoured as superheroes of an economic miracle. But you have to ask who is writing the news.
Since 1980 several things have happened that look great on paper if you are a property developer; a share holder; a business leader or a banker.
Sadly for most of us things are not so good.
Less working rights.
Fewer working contracts.
More zero hours contracts - practically unknown before 1980.
Lack of union support. No union rights.
More inequality.
People have less working security, and more part time and temporary jobs.
More poverty - I mean not only dirt poverty - but working poverty.
More food banks,
Less social housing.
Student grants GONE.
Student loans IN

You might say things are better even so. But the technical advances that have made our lives "easier", would have happened regardless and you have to ask what the world might have been like if we had not thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

I can't speak for the US, but in the UK in the last ten years alone the number of billionaires has TRIPLED, whilst the number of food banks, mortgage repossessions and homelessness has rocketed.
SO yeah Thatcher/Raygun.
No thanks.
in other words "trickdown" don't work and why the middle class in America and England has shrunk since 1980.

agreed.
The West is sleepwalking back to Victorian values.

I predict this next year is going to accelerate this trend enormously.
As the virus spreads governments will initiate a State of Exception bestow greater powers on themselves.
The Tories in the UK are already handing out lucrative health contracts to its friends in the city.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:00 am The West is sleepwalking back to Victorian values.
Feminist author, Rene Denfield, has a book that points out that the new "Victorians" are the Left.

They have definite, stifling, rigidly-demanded PC "morals," that they arbitrarily impose on everyone.

Sounds rather Victorian.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:11 pm Feminist author, Rene Denfield, has a book that points out that the new "Victorians" are the Left.

They have definite, stifling, rigidly-demanded PC "morals," that they arbitrarily impose on everyone.

Sounds rather Victorian.
Cripes Mr Can, you really do have no perception of irony, do you? Stifling, rigidly demanded morals is precisely what you insist your god imposes.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:11 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:00 am The West is sleepwalking back to Victorian values.
Feminist author, Rene Denfield, has a book that points out that the new "Victorians" are the Left.
Moron.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:37 pm
Moron.
I didn't know you knew her and had read her book.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

gaffo wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:52 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:41 am This is just the usual shit. 4 years ago republicans were saying that Hillary was about to die of something. Today, Bernie has just recovered from a heart attack and has reversed a previous promise to disclose his medical records, so he has his campaign pushing stories about Biden's declining mental capacities. Trump and Biden are both routinely accused of dementia which sort of comes with the territory at their age though.

Of course, Trump will soon be on camera sniffing and snorting his way through more speeches and debates, while everyone pretends not to know what he's been putting up his nose.
there are plenty of sharp 80 yr old, sanders is one of them.

there are some senile 80 yr old too.

its genetic lottery, no need for ageism to claim all old are senile.
I wasn't saying that all old people are senile. I was saying that accusations of senilty are the easiest cheap shot to point at an oldster. This is a simple statement of fact.
gaffo wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:52 pm Biden is in vid, and it does not look like his genes are all that good IMO - 10 yrs earlier than average is not all that good.
If you make a supercut from enough video of anyone at all, you can present them as habitually stumbling over their words. Biden isn't senile, there just happen to be a bunch of Bernie-or-bust types who need to think up something bad to say about him without drawing attention to their preferred candidate's own age related frailties.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:58 pm Biden isn't senile...
Well, what's very clear is that he's a man way, way past his cognitive prime. I've got a genuine feeling of sympathy for him; I think he's a victim here. The Democrats are pushing him into the spotlight, and he's a obviously man not strong enough to stand at a podium, or to remember basic facts. That's truly cruel.

I can't believe they couldn't find a better candidate, or that they would care so little for him as to push him, in his frailty, into the meat-grinder of politics to be humiliated. What are they thinking? Doesn't anybody care for this man?
FlashDangerpants

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:04 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:58 pm Biden isn't senile...
Well, what's very clear is that he's a man way, way past his cognitive prime. I've got a genuine feeling of sympathy for him; I think he's a victim here. The Democrats are pushing him into the spotlight, and he's a obviously man not strong enough to stand at a podium, or to remember basic facts. That's truly cruel.

I can't believe they couldn't find a better candidate, or that they would care so little for him as to push him, in his frailty, into the meat-grinder of politics to be humiliated. What are they thinking? Doesn't anybody care for this man?
Hmmm. Here's Trump asking journos to look into the 'oranges' of the Mueller investigation, repeatedly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=qUPsNgmXR7M

Also stopping to do a little of that sniffing he often does after taking a naughty little toot of something that somebody will need to explain writing some prescriptions for one day.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:29 pm Hmmm.
You forget...I'm not a Trumpist or a Democrat. I'm not even American.

What I'm trying to say is only that I have genuine sympathy for this man who is being set up for abuse and humiliation by his "handlers." I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:44 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:37 pm
Moron.
I didn't know you knew her and had read her book.
THIS

"They have definite, stifling, rigidly-demanded PC "morals," that they arbitrarily impose on everyone."

IS YOU, you moron.

You are a joke.
FlashDangerpants

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:38 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:29 pm Hmmm.
You forget...I'm not a Trumpist or a Democrat. I'm not even American.

What I'm trying to say is only that I have genuine sympathy for this man who is being set up for abuse and humiliation by his "handlers." I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone.
I know you are fond of saying such things. But you are noticably reluctant to apply the same standards to persons of the right wing persuasion that you do to those of the other side. So you won't recognise that Trump is at least as senile as Biden. Trump is a rambling old man who misspeaks often.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:11 am So you won't recognise that Trump is at least as senile as Biden. Trump is a rambling old man who misspeaks often.
He does. But not like Biden. Trump's a showman, a media creature, a chameleon...or as Henry says, a "hand grenade". But Joe Biden's genuinely confused, genuinely lost, and has an increasingly volatile and incoherent temper. Put him on stage with Trump, and I'm certain it will become starkly clear who has control of the situation, and who is genuinely in distress.