Not a Conspirator

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Cinna

Not a Conspirator

Post by Cinna »

Seriously, I'm a poet. Just a very bad one. Who doesn't rhyme. And may have killed Caesar...wait...what?
tbieter

Re: Not a Conspirator

Post by tbieter »

Welcome. Relax, Chesterton said: "Anything worth doing is worth doing badly".
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Cinna wrote:Seriously, I'm a poet. Just a very bad one. Who doesn't rhyme. And may have killed Caesar...wait...what?
If you killed somebody, but they were a dictator, would that still make you a cinna?

As you may know, there is a famous pun on the word 'sin' in histories of 19th century India. The British general Sir Charles Napier led a morally-dubious attack on one of the independent states bordering the Raj. Having swiftly seized control of the state he sent a single-word message to his superiors: Peccavi.

This is Latin for "I have sinned". ("I have Sindh" - geddit?)
Wootah

Post by Wootah »

RickLewis wrote:
Cinna wrote:Seriously, I'm a poet. Just a very bad one. Who doesn't rhyme. And may have killed Caesar...wait...what?
If you killed somebody, but they were a dictator, would that still make you a cinna?

As you may know, there is a famous pun on the word 'sin' in histories of 19th century India. The British general Sir Charles Napier led a morally-dubious attack on one of the independent states bordering the Raj. Having swiftly seized control of the state he sent a single-word message to his superiors: Peccavi.

This is Latin for "I have sinned". ("I have Sindh" - geddit?)
And revealing my culture level ... House has that plot line right now. One doctor killed a dictator and his girlfriend doctor has left him because I guess of the sin.
Psychonaut

Post by Psychonaut »

Welcome Cinna.

I saw that episode of House, wootah. It is an interesting question. The consensus of international law at the moment seems to be that the correct response is to lock them up and throw away the key. But can individuals leave this matter to the faltering missteps of international law, something which is far from established as an authority?