Can an atheist seek Wisdom?

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dubious

Re: Can an atheist seek Wisdom?

Post by Dubious »

Let's say they're less constrained if one decides to explore the boundaries. That is, less handicapped by preconceived or revealed paradigms. If one wants to explore the horizon one does so without knowing what's there or what awaits...a type of mental space travel to who knows where!

The ultimate question...whither goest thou? The feeling for which is expressed in sound...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23cLITkT16k
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dubious wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:10 am Let's say they're less constrained if one decides to explore the boundaries. That is, less handicapped by preconceived or revealed paradigms. If one wants to explore the horizon one does so without knowing what's there or what awaits...a type of mental space travel to who knows where!
Yes! And well said. People don't need a particular belief system to explore wisdom.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dubious wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:10 am Let's say they're less constrained if one decides to explore the boundaries. That is, less handicapped by preconceived or revealed paradigms. If one wants to explore the horizon one does so without knowing what's there or what awaits...a type of mental space travel to who knows where!

The ultimate question...whither goest thou? The feeling for which is expressed in sound...

Fantastic music there. The classical radio station is where I go if getting frustrated in heavy traffic, although this piece would have me cursing more I think!

As far as this threads concerned, I guess it's possible that the 3rd-party intelligence (God\'God') might reveal itself to an atheist, perhaps an atheist physicist might discover the fact that the reality we perceive is a construct in real-time from this being.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:53 pm :?:

Are we in a Simulation or Divine Reality? :-
www.andrewseas.com

...what was that thing that was insisted on by the incarnate of the system - faith?

Sage wisdom is not gained from atheist knowledge, it requires a degree of theistic faith to be given such insight.

An atheist can be wise, but there is a limit - since the God system has asked us to seek and ye shall find - it insists on FAITH first.

Atheist philosophy is a contradiction in terms.
1. there is not such thing as Atheist Philosphy, Atheism is just a simple negation of a belief in your god. so there are many fools and many wise men who are Athiests.

2. I consider myself wiser than the average joe, be they Thiest Muslims, Hindus or christians. i am an Athiest, but doubt i would be more nor less wise now if i were a Thiest.

many are wise more are not, wise is as wise does, which god or not gods is irrelivent.
gaffo

Re: Does an atheist seek Wisdom, Knowledge, or both?

Post by gaffo »

Impenitent wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:17 pm depends on the atheist…

-Imp
yep, and the theist.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:45 pm
Impenitent wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:17 pm depends on the atheist…

-Imp
Yep! As I was cooking my salmon dinner 4am - about ready to eat - I was thinking exactly that! FUK IT!

Just changed the thread title.

Note to all:- title was Does an atheist seek Wisdom, Knowledge, or both?
oh, well since your renamed it.

see my prior post - same answer, fools and the wise come in all and no faiths. since the dawn of time down to today.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:44 am Why couldn't they or wouldn't they seek whatever, just like a theist?
ya, I know, i get pissed when disscaragged for my Athiesm, have been so since the 1970's. we lack a Women's group or NAAC, but we exist and i live with the disparagment - fuck its like i have to "live in the closet" for being an Athiest!

its not that bad - im a decent looking whitle tall guy, so i've got it good compared to if i were a black or women or - esp a black woman, but God dammit, i have lived the mild dissparagement of being an Athiest and i to tire of it!

as if my morality is lacking - "how do you have a moral compass if you do not beleive i God" - ya that is the mindset and words spoken to me many times - 2 times a yrs since the 1970's by christian friends of mine.

and ya i fucking sick if it!

i think Atheists need their own PAC AA Athiests of America. the other AA.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:39 am

Sage wisdom is not gained from atheist knowledge, it requires a degree of theistic faith to be given such insight.

dissparagement noted, see Lace? we get it all the time.

we need a PAC.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:43 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:39 am
Lacewing wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:44 am Why couldn't they or wouldn't they seek whatever, just like a theist?
Are you saying that "sage wisdom" (as you know it) is the only true wisdom?
i rem now from prior posts by Att yrs ago, he is a member of a new age "cult", when he says "sage" he means litterally his teacher - the head of his cult.

just so you know where he is coming from
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:51 am

If any atheist\theist wants to address me in this thread, sure, but I don't deal with 'spiritual atheist' waffle.
I addressed it, said you were wrong, and also that you dissparaged Athiests as unable by their unbelief in your God to be wise persons.

you discriminate against Atheists as persons unable to become Wise because they do not believe in your God.

you posted your disparagement of us and i replyed to it defending me and other Atheist against bigots like you.

good day.

--------

100 plus in Adilaide - fires over with bubba?
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:15 am
attofishpi wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:45 pm Note to all:- title was Does an atheist seek Wisdom, Knowledge, or both?
"Can" or "Does," the answer is obvious. Of course one "can," just like one "can" seek for El Dorado or Atlantis. Whether or not they "do" seek for El Dorado or Atlantis is a question they will have to answer for themselves.

You "can" seek for rubies in a mountain of rocks.

One can "seek" anything. But that doesn't mean it's going to be found on those terms.
Hi Mr Kant, so you think Atheist have the potential to be Wise persons, or are you in Ausie's Att camp, Atheists lack the "devine spark of God" so are lower mud people unable to be wise.

and only worthy of pity and score and known as fools for lacking God's spark.

i ask you Sir - your view of Athiests good for only Hell heathens?
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

no, Atheists deny God so are good for nothing but Hell!

I should know, i'm an Atheist, and my pride sends me to Hell - FOREVER.

bye, fool me.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:56 am
Yes! And well said. People don't need a particular belief system to explore wisdom.
No Madam, only Beleivers in YHWH's Son have The True God's spark of wisdom - via Grace - to be imparted upon Believers.

No Atheist has ever lived who had the Spirit of God, and so is a dog only worthy of infinate damnation and Hell after and short and foolish life denying the True God of Love.

fuck Atheists, they are people at best, more like animals, they lack wisdom and morals and should be exterminated.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:05 am
As far as this threads concerned, I guess it's possible that the 3rd-party intelligence (God\'God') might reveal itself to an atheist
no, take from the horses mouth i'm a fool because i'm an Atheist. We are all fools of course.

born to burn forever.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

gaffo wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:49 am you discriminate against Atheists as persons unable to become Wise because they do not believe in your God.
I discriminate against those that believe in philosophy as atheists - love of wisdom - where they disregard the wisdom of what has been gleamed from the system - the God - over aeons.

So FUCK em and their ridiculous stance. Wisdom ONLY comes from 1st FAITH 2nd KNOWLEDGE