Coronavirus

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Coronavirus

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Could it have anything to do with the revolting, filthy, and diabolically cruel live animal markets that are prevalent in China? One might even say that anyone who could think it's ok to boil and skin animals alive is reaping what they have sown.

What kind of sick fucks could do this? And you really don't want to know what happens to them after this.
Dubious

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Dubious »

Gandhi wrote:
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated.”
Based on this the Chinese - meaning mostly those in China - belong to the sub-human species. Five thousand years of history and this is their moral progress. It's suspected the the virus originated in the Wuhan meat market. The Chinese are a huge part of the human vermin problem. Normally we'd know what to do with vermin unless it walks upright then it's exempt.
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

I saw this but from a documentary I don't recall about a mice infestation:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8200318/a ... residents/

I think we need to address world population problems of humans but this is treated as taboo in the West by most people. As to whether the Chinese are being unusual about eating 'cute' animals we treat as pets elsewhere is irrelevant unless we were to place other animals that we ourselves eat at the forefront. Are cute little puppies more meaningful as a life than a cow? Is a human fetus equal or more significant than a grown adult?

Nature evolves living things to compete without brakes on population unless pressures from other living things competing for life affect them. This is a kind of Newton's First law applied to living things: living things continue their state of existence in some common pattern of behavior unless affected by other parts of nature outside of them to alter its momentum. The Coronavirus is also as equivalent in meaning by nature.

I think we need these if we can't intellectually figure out how to manage our own populations. It seems odd to me that we focus on trying to keep everyone from dying but not be concerned about how many people we introduce into this world as a distinct right of the individuals. And given China still has a problem regardless, maybe we NEED these viruses to do the dirty work for us. (?)
vegetariantaxidermy

Scott Mayers wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:35 pm I saw this but from a documentary I don't recall about a mice infestation:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8200318/a ... residents/

I think we need to address world population problems of humans but this is treated as taboo in the West by most people. As to whether the Chinese are being unusual about eating 'cute' animals we treat as pets elsewhere is irrelevant unless we were to place other animals that we ourselves eat at the forefront. Are cute little puppies more meaningful as a life than a cow? Is a human fetus equal or more significant than a grown adult?

Nature evolves living things to compete without brakes on population unless pressures from other living things competing for life affect them. This is a kind of Newton's First law applied to living things: living things continue their state of existence in some common pattern of behavior unless affected by other parts of nature outside of them to alter its momentum. The Coronavirus is also as equivalent in meaning by nature.

I think we need these if we can't intellectually figure out how to manage our own populations. It seems odd to me that we focus on trying to keep everyone from dying but not be concerned about how many people we introduce into this world as a distinct right of the individuals. And given China still has a problem regardless, maybe we NEED these viruses to do the dirty work for us. (?)
At least we make some effort at hygienic meat industry practices, and we certainly don't skin animals alive. At those markets they don't even fucking bother to kill the animals first before skinning and/or boiling them. I didn't mention the word 'cute'. Most people don't think of bats or snakes as 'cute', but they still feel pain exactly as we do. I wouldn't be at all surprised too, if these revolting public displays are encouraged by Western tourism, where sickos visit China and other Asian countries for the sole purpose of witnessing the disgusting spectacle.
Of course there is room for massive improvement in the modern meat industry, and with a bit of luck and foresight we won't be eating meat at all in the future, instead an artificial meat substitute that is indistinguishable from the real thing.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dubious wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:11 am Gandhi wrote:
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated.”
Based on this the Chinese - meaning mostly those in China - belong to the sub-human species. Five thousand years of history and this is their moral progress. It's suspected the the virus originated in the Wuhan meat market. The Chinese are a huge part of the human vermin problem. Normally we'd know what to do with vermin unless it walks upright then it's exempt.
Are 'vermin' not animals?
henry quirk

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Post by henry quirk »

Kirk: They're animals.

Spock: Jim, there is an historic opportunity here.

Kirk: Don't believe them. Don't trust them.

Spock: They're dying.

Kirk: Let them die!
Walker

Post by Walker »

Fortunately the virus spared Dos Equis.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

😆
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Walker wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:09 pm Fortunately the virus spared Dos Equis.
I've heard the joke go, "Coronavirus? I suffered from the Tequilavirus last weekend."

Gallows humour.

Too soon? :shock:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:42 pm
I've heard the joke go, "Coronavirus? I suffered from the Tequilavirus last weekend."

Gallows humour.

Women (XX) and children (the future) to the lifeboats first.

If it mutates into the Tecatevirus then those who buy by the case will be less than pleased but their taste will thank them for Dos Equis.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Walker wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:55 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:42 pm

Gallows humour.

Women (XX) and children (the future) to the lifeboats first.
You mean, "Send the Dos Equis with the women and children to the lifeboats first?"
vegetariantaxidermy

It's a crying shame really, because corona is about the only beer that doesn't taste like vomit.
Walker

Post by Walker »

The devotion that would save the beer before the women would likely prestock the lifeboats with a survivalist stash and call it ballast. The rationale that would list women before children in the pecking order of save-worthy bets that the women will have more kids if these ruggers don’t make it off the ship.

For some reason this reminds of the old Alamo joke.

A Texan visits NYC and while there sees a crowd staring up at the sky. He looks up and there is a man standing on a ledge. The Texan hears from people in the crowd that the jumper is a foreign visitor, obviously depressed. The Texan calls up to him.

Texan: Stay there son! Remember your family!
Jumper: I don’t have a family.

Texan: Then remember all the good times!
Jumper: I’ve never been happy.

Texan: Then remember the Alamo!
Jumper: What’s the Alamo?

Texan: Jump boy! Jump!
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:23 pm
It's a crying shame really, because corona is about the only beer that doesn't taste like vomit.
Really? I always thought it watery.

I think that's why it's sometimes called dog piss.

Dos Equis has a fuller taste.

Tecate is Mexican Schlitz.

With enough Schlitz you’ll splash the sides of the bathtub.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

A little bit of whiskey does more and is less filling. :wink:

Maybe it will burn up any Coronavirus too.