Is There Such a Thing as Too Different?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Is There Such a Thing as Too Different?

Post by Gary Childress »

So I've been told that one of our local schools has a teacher who is a transsexual male (with a beard even) who identifies as a female lesbian. It sort of sets me thinking, is there such a thing as too far when it comes to being "different" than others? Should someone like that be forbidden to teach? Is it OK to discriminate in such a situation and say, "we don't want you teaching the children?" Or should we be kind to the person and allow her/him to teach so long as no laws are broken? (And, as far as I know, there is no law against a person just being different than others so long as they don't harm anyone else.)

Thoughts on this?
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Is There Such a Thing as Too Different?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

So it has ''nothing to do with sexuality'', yet he is at pains to point out that he is a 'female(what other kind is there?) lesbian'? If that isn't kinky then I don't know what is. Perhaps he couldn't get women as a man, so he thought he might have better luck as a lesbian.

Hmm. Or do you mean this person started off as a lesbian, became a 'male', but wanted to stay a lesbian (and a female one at that). So this person is both a male AND a female? Oh my. How greedy is that? I thought lesbians weren't interested in penises (presumably she/he would only be interested in sex with other lesbians). So why would a lesbian be interested in a 'trans male'? Wouldn't that make them straight?

And if she identifies as a 'female lesbian' but has 'turned into a man', wouldn't it be dishonest of him/her to seek 'companionship' from straight women?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:52 am So it has ''nothing to do with sexuality'', yet he is at pains to point out that he is a 'female(what other kind is there?) lesbian'? If that isn't kinky then I don't know what is. Perhaps he couldn't get women as a man, so he thought he might have better luck as a lesbian.
It kind of sounds that way at first glance. It seems kind of crazy. I mean, what's to prevent any guy and every guy from saying, "I identify as female" just so s/he can perv in the women's restroom. And with all the pedophiles around, to have someone like that in a school environment seems concerning. It seems reasonable to me for parents to be hesitant about sending their children to be taught by him. On the other hand, I'm sure there are those out there who would say that's being prejudice and discriminatory.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:52 am Hmm. Or do you mean this person started off as a lesbian, became a 'male', but wanted to stay a lesbian (and a female one at that). So this person is both a male AND a female? Oh my. How greedy is that? I thought lesbians weren't interested in penises (presumably she/he would only be interested in sex with other lesbians). So why would a lesbian be interested in a 'trans male'? Wouldn't that make them straight?

And if she identifies as a 'female lesbian' but has 'turned into a man', wouldn't it be dishonest of him/her to seek 'companionship' from straight women?
My understanding is that he was born a male but now identifies as a female.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:25 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:52 am Hmm. Or do you mean this person started off as a lesbian, became a 'male', but wanted to stay a lesbian (and a female one at that). So this person is both a male AND a female? Oh my. How greedy is that? I thought lesbians weren't interested in penises (presumably she/he would only be interested in sex with other lesbians). So why would a lesbian be interested in a 'trans male'? Wouldn't that make them straight?

My understanding is that he was born a male but now identifies as a female.
So I was right the first time. A man who thinks he will have more luck with women if he poses as a lesbian.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:42 am So I've been told that one of our local schools has a teacher who is a transsexual male (with a beard even) who identifies as a female lesbian. It sort of sets me thinking, is there such a thing as too far when it comes to being "different" than others? Should someone like that be forbidden to teach? Is it OK to discriminate in such a situation and say, "we don't want you teaching the children?" Or should we be kind to the person and allow her/him to teach so long as no laws are broken? (And, as far as I know, there is no law against a person just being different than others so long as they don't harm anyone else.)

Thoughts on this?
What would be your grounds for discrimination?
vegetariantaxidermy

Just the fact that he's probably a PC fuckturd, and they shouldn't be allowed within a mile of schools.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:37 am
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:42 am So I've been told that one of our local schools has a teacher who is a transsexual male (with a beard even) who identifies as a female lesbian. It sort of sets me thinking, is there such a thing as too far when it comes to being "different" than others? Should someone like that be forbidden to teach? Is it OK to discriminate in such a situation and say, "we don't want you teaching the children?" Or should we be kind to the person and allow her/him to teach so long as no laws are broken? (And, as far as I know, there is no law against a person just being different than others so long as they don't harm anyone else.)

Thoughts on this?
Well, that is a very fair question. I guess my main concern is if young, impressionable children started to imitate him as a role model or something. Another concern, do we let him use the ladies' room along with the young children? It seems like it would be a bit awkward. But I suppose it's a free country and people can do what they want so long as limbs aren't broken and possessions aren't stolen. It just seems a little far beyond the norm to me.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:50 pm

Thoughts on this?
Well, that is a very fair question. I guess my main concern is if young, impressionable children started to imitate him as a role model or something. Another concern, do we let him use the ladies' room along with the young children? It seems like it would be a bit awkward. But I suppose it's a free country and people can do what they want so long as limbs aren't broken and possessions aren't stolen. It just seems a little far beyond the norm to me.
Schools provide toilets for children and adults separately.
I fail to see your point about children imitating "him" since you are premising that on a judgment that "he" is essentially bad.
Fact is that sexual orientation has more to do with innate tendencies; its not fashion. But if it were then such imitation could be terminated as easily as it was initiated. If the child has the same innate tendencies then the sooner they know that, the sooner they will understand themselves.
So have you ANY valid objections, other than your fear of the other?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:42 am ...there is no law against a person just being different than others...

Thoughts on this?
Too vague a question, Gary.

What does your "different" actually mean? For surely there are bad and good "differences," and "differences" that, so to speak, make a difference in a given situation, and those that don't.

If a man is a confessed pedophile, whose sexual attraction is to children, for example, that "makes a difference" to whether he should be allowed to teach children, even if he has not (yet) acted on that "difference." But if a man is Hispanic, then what difference should that make to whether or not he's allowed to teach? None, obviously.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:47 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:50 pm

Schools provide toilets for children and adults separately.
I fail to see your point about children imitating "him" since you are premising that on a judgment that "he" is essentially bad.
Fact is that sexual orientation has more to do with innate tendencies; its not fashion. But if it were then such imitation could be terminated as easily as it was initiated. If the child has the same innate tendencies then the sooner they know that, the sooner they will understand themselves.
So have you ANY valid objections, other than your fear of the other?
Fair enough. As I say it just seems a little far beyond the norm to me, maybe a bit of a culture shock or something. However, I suppose you are right.
Last edited by Gary Childress on Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:03 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:42 am ...there is no law against a person just being different than others...

Thoughts on this?
Too vague a question, Gary.

What does your "different" actually mean?
Like I said, he is a transsexual who was born male and now apparently identifies as a female lesbian. That doesn't seem very common to me, therefore I used the term "different". I suppose I could have used the term "weird" but that tends to have negative connotations when applied to people.
For surely there are bad and good "differences," and "differences" that, so to speak, make a difference in a given situation, and those that don't.

If a man is a confessed pedophile, whose sexual attraction is to children, for example, that "makes a difference" to whether he should be allowed to teach children, even if he has not (yet) acted on that "difference." But if a man is Hispanic, then what difference should that make to whether or not he's allowed to teach? None, obviously.
I'm not aware of him being a pedophile, so I assume it should be OK for him to teach so long as he doesn't break any laws. I think you're probably right in that regard.
vegetariantaxidermy

The fact is that he's mentally ill, and therefore shouldn't be teaching children. The Politically Correct are also mentally unstable--they are narcissists--and shouldn't be allowed to teach children.
It's extremely easy to brainwash children, not to mention dangerous.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10515 ... ransgender

Some 40 children aged between 11 and 16 at Dorothy Stringer High School in Brighton said they did not identify with the gender they were born with, while 36 more said they were "gender fluid".

The announcement was revealed in research by Brighton and Hove City Council's Safe And Well At School Survey.

The school, which educates 1,600 children in the fashionably broadminded city, hit the headlines last year when an education magazine praised its liberal feel and rated it "the best in town".

Yesterday, the school's headteacher Richard Bradford declared: "We are very proud of the equalities and inclusion work we do in school.

And it 'just happens' to be a school that is run by PC fuckwits.

From the Washington Post:

Kindergarten is a German word that literally means “children’s garden.” Last week, California decided that their children’s gardens in public schools would include instruction on gender identity. The mind reels.

It would be a mild understatement to say this is controversial. Religious conservatives fought this, as one might expect. But one doesn’t have to be a religious conservative to wonder if this isn’t a misplaced policy that says more about adults’ ideology than children’s needs.

The California guidelines are quite clear about what is to be taught and why. Page 45 of the K-3 guidelines states: “While students may not fully understand the concepts of gender expression and identity, some children in kindergarten and even younger have identified as transgender or understand they have a gender identity that is different from their sex assigned at birth.” The idea that 5-year-old children, can be trusted to “know” their gender identity is unbelievable; 4 year olds still exhibit firm beliefs in magic.

While elements of the guidelines are worthy efforts to reduce sex role stereotyping, the clear emphasis is teaching children about gender identity. Page 46 of the guidelines states “Members of the community who defy traditional stereotypes (e.g., women firefighters, male nurses, and stay-at-home fathers/guardians/caretakers) could be invited as guest speakers to share about their jobs and to serve as role models and myth busters. Be sure to include individuals of all genders, including people who are transgender.”

It makes sense to tell children that daddy can be a nurse and mommy can be a lawyer. But for some reason, I doubt they’ll understand that daddy can fall anywhere on an ever-expanding gender-identity spectrum.

Nor can parents choose to remove their children from this indoctrination. While parents can opt their children out of lessons on sexual health that involve discussions of sexual organs and their functions, they are forbidden from removing their children from any discussion of gender identity. Thus, if a school chooses to assign the sole book recommended by the guidelines for kindergarten reading, “My Princess Boy,” parents have no recourse.

Creating these curricula is a major priority for transgender-rights advocates, and they have succeeded elsewhere in pushing their cause. The Liberal government in the Canadian province of Ontario introduced gender-identity curriculum for young children. Opponents there were horrified that the gender-identity theory was being taught to children as young as 8. Apparently, California believes 8 is too late.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:57 pm The fact is that he's mentally ill, and therefore shouldn't be teaching children.
I've got to agree with that. Anybody who has departed reality to his degree, and who clearly has no stable sexual awareness of himself as well, should not be teaching children. They are important -- he, much less so. And, in any case, his real needs will not be met by us pretending he's okay.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:57 pm The fact is that he's mentally ill, and therefore shouldn't be teaching children. The Politically Correct are also mentally unstable--they are narcissists--and shouldn't be allosed to teach children.
It's extremely easy to brainwash children, not to mention dangerous.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10515 ... ransgender

Some 40 children aged between 11 and 16 at Dorothy Stringer High School in Brighton said they did not identify with the gender they were born with, while 36 more said they were "gender fluid".

The announcement was revealed in research by Brighton and Hove City Council's Safe And Well At School Survey.

The school, which educates 1,600 children in the fashionably broadminded city, hit the headlines last year when an education magazine praised its liberal feel and rated it "the best in town".

Yesterday, the school's headteacher Richard Bradford declared: "We are very proud of the equalities and inclusion work we do in school.

And it 'just happens' to be a school that is run by PC fuckwits.
I really do wonder what "gender dysphoria" is. Presumably, it's something more than just, "Johnny likes to play with dolls and wear dresses, therefore he must identify with being a female and ought to be addressed as "she"". I mean, it seems like we are turning into a very strange society. Are there no such things as gender roles anymore? If we all just toss off our clothes and dance in the tulip beds just because we can--is that perfectly OK?

So for example, should I go off my meds and become manic and everyone else around me should accept me for who I am and not want me to be on meds?
Last edited by Gary Childress on Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.