Can a man really turn into a woman?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Can a man really turn into a woman?

Gender is fluid, mutable, interchangeable, just a social construct (yes).
22%
Gender is fixed, immutable, not subject to change, sumthin' concretely intrinsic to the person (no).
78%

Total votes: 9

henry quirk

Re: "Like most Straw polls this one is incoherent."

Post by henry quirk »

"Thanks for your response voicing your conclusive, inflexible positions."

If I say fire burns am I bein' inflexible, or just recognizin' what is?

Me, recognizin' the fixedness of gender, that's not inflexibility.

#

"Have you ever met men who are very feminine, and women who are very masculine, without them even trying to be? What might be causing that?"

Effeminate men and butch women are just effeminate men and butch women. They aren't in the wrong bodies. And a great many of those effeminate men and butch women would say the same. Normal variations within the boundaries of male and female doesn't seem to me to support the idea of gender fluidity.

#

"And I wonder, how can you be so certain about something you have not personally experienced? Is your experience the only truth?"

I don't have to have my eyes ripped out of my skull to understand that havin' my eyes ripped out of my skull is not a good thing.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:23 pm I don't have to have my eyes ripped out of my skull to understand that havin' my eyes ripped out of my skull is not a good thing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay... we've expressed our different perspectives... laughing is a good place to leave it. Thanks.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

''Effeminate men and butch women are just effeminate men and butch women. They aren't in the wrong bodies.''

:lol: There's nothing like a bit of good old brick-wall-head-banging to make a person's day.
Sculptor

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:31 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:04 pm I think that the person thinking up this bit of nonsense is incapable of any sort of mutability in his thinking. A person that finds comfort in portraying the world as black and white; his mind bound by the "no true Scotsman" fallacy, rigid, and predictable.
Before citing a fallacy, a person should know what that fallacy means. Otherwise, it's a fallacy fallacy. :D

"No True Scotsman Fallacy" has nothing to do with "rigidness" or "predictability," far less with "black and white". You'll find it has to do with claims that "No true X will do Y," and such. You'll also find it's not always a fallacy, too: in cases in which the X is definitionally intrinsic to the -Y, it's justified.
I know what the NTS fallacy means. If you were more interested in what I was saying, rather than knee-jerk criticism, you would realise that I was not offering this topic as an example of the NTS, but suggesting that the poster would be of that sort of mind set - AS INDEED ARE YOU.
LOL
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:03 pm The world is not black and white.

To think only in black and white is to be extraordinarily limited, perhaps for the purpose of claiming to know ultimate truth and rightness, which is surely the workings of the ego in its quest for controlling reality in a self-serving way.
Quite so.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:29 am
gaffo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:16 am
Dachshund wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:44 pm

Hate to tell you this -1-, but I don't think you manage to keep you girlfriend for very long.

Why ?

Because women inherently disrespect and rapidly become contemptuous of "Yes men" who passively capitulate to all of their opinions, desires, demands and other wilful behaviours; and, in short, let them do and say whatever they wish to do and say for "the sake of peace".

It is in the eternal nature of women (normal women) to desire having clear rules and boundaries and punishments set by their husbands/boyfriends in a
domestic relationship. Women are innately mischievous/deceptive/devious and will always test their man with trying/antagonistic behaviours purely to see whether or not he will have the moral fortitude to "draw the line" and rebuke or discipline them regarding errant conduct. This is what women expect from what they view as a worthy, decent, strong (morally) man and if they don't get it, they will very soon disappear en route to finding a male companion who can satisfy they requirements for them.. They (women) are, in many ways, like naughty children (said Nietzsche correctly) who are thankfully reassured when a parent points out and corrects or punishes their intentional misbehaviours. The trick is that the discipline the husband/boyfriend applies to his errant wife must be eminently PATERNALISTIC and genuinely intended to promote their welfare. Such discipline often needs to be firm (sometimes very firm) but always just. Violent of any form (verbal or physical) is, of course, unacceptable; it is also profoundly and inevitably counterproductive.

Regards

Dachshund
that is wisdom in this post and i agree with it.
Really??
yes,in this instance i agree with the Nazi.

if you don't then share your views as to how Weeny is wrong in this particular.

ok?
vegetariantaxidermy

gaffo wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:58 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:16 am

that is wisdom in this post and i agree with it.
Really??

ok?
That women are 'like naughty children' and are 'thankful' for punishment? That might apply to a few weirdos but women make up more than half the population ffs. The whole thing is beyond bizarre. I think he was just being a troll.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:52 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:09 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:33 pm 100% of males started as females.
Your question is only semantic.
no, do you know biology?

all eggs are female, no male - a fertalized egg - is female.

said male is male due to the sperm offering a Y chromozome to the egg.
Maybe you do not realise, but the Y chromosome does not kick in until the foetal womb and ovaries is already in development.
?????????????? - and ? - to quote an old show "what you talking about willis"?

all eggs are female - with 23 comosomes (gametes) - not one of them offer a Y chomosome.

that means all eggs are female.

the male gamete (23 chomos) offer the 50/50 - either affirming female - X or offering the Y.

this is simple biology sir.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:01 am

Really??

ok?
That women are 'like naughty children' and are 'thankful' for punishment? That might apply to a few weirdos but women make up more than half the population ffs. The whole thing is beyond bizarre. I think he was just being a troll.
God damn Madam you are fast on the trigger! - one minute or less!

not compaining, just noting.

-----------

BTW i agree with you that the verbage of the Nazi is abhorant, but his over view i personally find apt. no woman wants a pussy (sorry for the verbage - maybe mangina would be a more PC verbage).

its not like a woman wants an asshole that beats her vs a pussy that will cave in all instances.

I personally think a woman wants something in between, and so why i agreed with the nazi in the instance.

thanks for reply BTW.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:38 pm I know what the NTS fallacy means.
Great! :D Then from now on, you'll be using it correctly, I suppose.

I'm not holding my breath, though....
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:01 am

Really??

ok?
Weeny is a Nazi, but no troll. his posts have shown his true views, and i see he does not play the troll (post bullshit to get a reaction from the pleabs - for giggles).

I thank Weeny for not being a troll, and so can understand his posts are a true reflection of his beleifs - and so why i try to counters his posts in my meager way (and why i do not reply to Trolls).

Weeny is lost, but no Troll, and so why i reply to him sometimes.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:02 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:23 pm I don't have to have my eyes ripped out of my skull to understand that havin' my eyes ripped out of my skull is not a good thing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay... we've expressed our different perspectives... laughing is a good place to leave it. Thanks.
bye
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:23 pm ''Effeminate men and butch women are just effeminate men and butch women. They aren't in the wrong bodies.''

:lol: There's nothing like a bit of good old brick-wall-head-banging to make a person's day.
More like ridin' a merry-go-round... 🤢
vegetariantaxidermy

''Apology to neutroid cobblers''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDT-Yj5n6zE
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

gaffo wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:02 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:52 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:09 am

no, do you know biology?

all eggs are female, no male - a fertalized egg - is female.

said male is male due to the sperm offering a Y chromozome to the egg.
Maybe you do not realise, but the Y chromosome does not kick in until the foetal womb and ovaries is already in development.
?????????????? - and ? - to quote an old show "what you talking about willis"?

all eggs are female - with 23 comosomes (gametes) - not one of them offer a Y chomosome.

that means all eggs are female.

the male gamete (23 chomos) offer the 50/50 - either affirming female - X or offering the Y.

this is simple biology sir.
What I am telling you is factual.