Can a man really turn into a woman?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Can a man really turn into a woman?

Gender is fluid, mutable, interchangeable, just a social construct (yes).
2
22%
Gender is fixed, immutable, not subject to change, sumthin' concretely intrinsic to the person (no).
7
78%
 
Total votes: 9

Skepdick
Posts: 4374
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Flash

Post by Skepdick » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:36 am

henry quirk wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:10 am
I see his fixation on essence as just a hoity-toity way of talkin' about that immutable quality that is gender.
Precisely. His fixation with essence is identical to your fixation with intrinsicality.

Ergo the counter-argument.

If that immutable/intrinsic quality you call "gender" is mutable by God, then to you (a self-proclaimed deist) answering "No" to the OP question is equivalent to denial of your faith.

That's why IC is flopping like fish out of water.

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 7612
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by henry quirk » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:02 pm

"If that immutable/intrinsic quality you call "gender" is mutable by God, then to you (a self-proclaimed deist) answering "No" to the OP question is equivalent to denial of your faith."

Nope. From where I sit, it's immutable; from God's position, it's not. This is not contradiction, just the acknowledgement that I live in the world, I didn't create it.

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 8381
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by Immanuel Can » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:18 pm

FlashDangerpants wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:02 am
Immanuel Can wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:02 am
dodged
You presented a defined argument. It has flaws. You have dodged all questions on that by blatantly trying to make your flawed reasoning my problem.
Not at all. I just asked you a question anybody should be able to answer...and moreover, promised to answer all yours in response. You can't get an easier or better deal than that.

So quit running and answer: what differences do you think exist between men and women?

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5432
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:56 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:22 am
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:42 pm
r=#FF0000]Those that truly believe in leprechaun like beings are holding the truly learned back, lest we put you all in the whitecoats with sleeves that tie in the back, where you surely belong! Can you say rubber room?[/color]
Nothing to say, then? Just ad hominems?

A pity, that. But I shall take no more of your time.
Great, because your words and thus mind's eye are worthless.

The bible has only ever been one of the many books of human philosophical musings.

There is absolutely no proof that a mindful creator of the universe exists. That one believes that it does, can only be seen as the musings of the mindless and most fearful. We may one day find out either way, existence or not, (what the truth actually is). Until then it can only be seen as the foolish ideas of relative morons, those that were intellectually challenged, as they lent credence to their imaginations, of a time when it was true of everyone, i.e., the barbarism of the powerful dictators of that time.

Today, this lesson of ignorance, of imagination, is severely tainting our evolution, our intellect, it continues to warp the minds of those in a time, of a relatively true understanding of our universe, thus that which shall spell the end of our existence, as the fools battle windmills, instead of those things that are truly species threatening, those things that we absolutely must address.

Ignorant denial be damned!!

And if a status quo, so it shall be the case!!!!

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5432
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: Mannie

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:59 pm

henry quirk wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:44 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:18 pm
henry quirk wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:24 am
You're a......well I'll be damned.
Your comments have always been largely worthless!
I love you too.
Then kiss my sphincter!

User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 7612
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Mannie

Post by henry quirk » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:02 pm

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:59 pm
henry quirk wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:44 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:18 pm


Your comments have always been largely worthless!
I love you too.
Then kiss my sphincter!
:zzz:

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 8381
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by Immanuel Can » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:06 pm

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:56 pm
Immanuel Can wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:22 am
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:42 pm
r=#FF0000]Those that truly believe in leprechaun like beings are holding the truly learned back, lest we put you all in the whitecoats with sleeves that tie in the back, where you surely belong! Can you say rubber room?[/color]
Nothing to say, then? Just ad hominems?

A pity, that. But I shall take no more of your time.
Great, because your words and thus mind's eye are worthless.

The bible...
Change of topic? No.

I'm not biting.

Back to the OP.

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5432
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:11 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:06 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:56 pm
Immanuel Can wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:22 am

Nothing to say, then? Just ad hominems?

A pity, that. But I shall take no more of your time.
Great, because your words and thus mind's eye are worthless.

The bible...
Change of topic? No.

I'm not biting.

Back to the OP.
Because you have no teeth!

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 8381
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by Immanuel Can » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:22 pm

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:11 pm
Because you have no teeth!
I'm sorry...that sort of remark is just way, way too silly for my speed.

Are we going to do any philosophy here, or are you just out of that business?

We can return to the OP, or say "Sayonara."

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5432
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:33 pm

Immanuel Can wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:22 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:11 pm
Because you have no teeth!
I'm sorry...that sort of remark is just way, way too silly for my speed.

Are we going to do any philosophy here, or are you just out of that business?

We can return to the OP, or say "Sayonara."
Just responding to your ridiculousness, in kind!

And I have absolutely no problem with you committing "seppuku!"

Largely your logic has been severely flawed! You continuously spout falsehoods because of all the invalid premises you puke up!

User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 8381
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by Immanuel Can » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:42 pm

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:33 pm
Just responding to your ridiculousness, in kind!
Sayonara.

User avatar
SpheresOfBalance
Posts: 5432
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: On a Star Dust Metamorphosis

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by SpheresOfBalance » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:31 am

Immanuel Can wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:42 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:33 pm
Just responding to your ridiculousness, in kind!
Sayonara.
Thank you, IC! You know I hate arguing with liars. Thanks for ending my frustrating pain!

gaffo
Posts: 3219
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by gaffo » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:03 am

-1- wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:33 am
gaffo wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:05 am
of course all XYY are males, more male than me an assumed XY.
And the YYYs are Yes Men.
Married men?

agreed.

gaffo
Posts: 3219
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by gaffo » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:09 am

Sculptor wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:33 pm
100% of males started as females.
Your question is only semantic.
no, do you know biology?

all eggs are female, no male - a fertalized egg - is female.

said male is male due to the sperm offering a Y chromozome to the egg.

gaffo
Posts: 3219
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by gaffo » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:11 am

Dachshund wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:57 am

He said that Louisiana has the highest murder rate in America !!!!

Is that true? And if it is, how come Lousanna is so violent ??


Dachshund
the darkies of course, as if you didn't know.

give Hitler my love Weeny.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests