So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Can an atheist seek Wisdom?

Post by attofishpi »

:?:

Are we in a Simulation or Divine Reality? :-
www.andrewseas.com

...what was that thing that was insisted on by the incarnate of the system - faith?

Sage wisdom is not gained from atheist knowledge, it requires a degree of theistic faith to be given such insight.

An atheist can be wise, but there is a limit - since the God system has asked us to seek and ye shall find - it insists on FAITH first.

Atheist philosophy is a contradiction in terms.
Last edited by attofishpi on Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Impenitent

Re: Does an atheist seek Wisdom, Knowledge, or both?

Post by Impenitent »

depends on the atheist…

-Imp
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Impenitent wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:17 pm depends on the atheist…

-Imp
Yep! As I was cooking my salmon dinner 4am - about ready to eat - I was thinking exactly that! FUK IT!

Just changed the thread title.

Note to all:- title was Does an atheist seek Wisdom, Knowledge, or both?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Why couldn't they or wouldn't they seek whatever, just like a theist?

Are you defining wisdom and knowledge as something specific that you think it is? And are you suggesting that theists do it a certain way?

People can do all kinds of things, regardless of their affiliations or lack of them. Platforms and stories do not own the rights on anything... do they?

And no individual humans or platforms can realistically/honestly define/decree what everything is or must be for everyone else.

Do you agree/disagree?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:44 am Why couldn't they or wouldn't they seek whatever, just like a theist?
Sage wisdom is not gained from atheist knowledge, it requires a degree of theistic faith to be given such insight.
Lacewing wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:44 amAre you defining wisdom and knowledge as something specific that you think it is? And are you suggesting that theists do it a certain way?
I'm not sure how theists do it, or manage to get to the point I am at. Most of them are too short sighted and irrational from what I have seen on the whole.
Lacewing wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:44 am People can do all kinds of things, regardless of their affiliations or lack of them. Platforms and stories do not own the rights on anything... do they?

And no individual humans or platforms can realistically/honestly define/decree what everything is or must be for everyone else.

Do you agree/disagree?
Everyone has their path in life. From my sage, reincarnation exists. I was put in to the womb of my mother by the God system. I lived a previous life.
My guess is, in my previous life, I remained in faith - seeking the truth about God. Now I am in heaven, I received the truth, although there is VAST amounts of knowledge and understanding that I wish to continue to learn.
Indeed, my ultimate goal, and it is entirely feasible, is to become a sage. To exist without dying, without losing my knowledge but able to continue building upon it. Perhaps to view the life and soul traversal of someone, as my sage has done with me.

With atheism, this is impossible. An atheist can be wise, but there is a limit - since the God system has asked us to seek and ye shall find - it insists on FAITH first.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:39 am
Lacewing wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:44 am Why couldn't they or wouldn't they seek whatever, just like a theist?
Are you saying that "sage wisdom" (as you know it) is the only true wisdom? So, your question wasn't really open to any other answers?

Seriously, atto… try to set aside the labels and ideas of theists and atheists just for a minute. They're severely limiting you.

Try to see everyone as an equal and natural creation/expression, regardless of the role or appearance that energy takes. Why would this idea of "wisdom" be limited only to those who assume certain roles and stories? And why does each person or group who thinks they are on the "right path", think they are the only ones who can see it?

Why would the vastness of the universe, on so many levels, be limited by human roles and paths and definitions?
attofishpi wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:39 amI was put in to the womb of my mother by the God system. I lived a previous life.
Okay, why would that override or reduce any other possibilities for other people?
attofishpi wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:39 amNow I am in heaven,
Yeh, me too. :)
attofishpi wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:39 am I received the truth, although there is VAST amounts of knowledge and understanding that I wish to continue to learn.
But only if they're within a certain range that you already feel certain of, right? Only if they fit into the story you're already living/experiencing. Otherwise, they are "false" to you, right? That's okay... but why reduce "wisdom" down to what YOU know and experience. Can you not allow and celebrate the idea of vast wisdom beyond yourself, that other people are accessing?
attofishpi wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:39 am With atheism, this is impossible.
Maybe for you. Maybe you don't have the wiring to function beyond your current programming. :)
attofishpi wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:39 amAn atheist can be wise, but there is a limit
The same is true for theists or any human.
attofishpi

Re: Can an atheist seek Wisdom?

Post by attofishpi »

Stop wasting my time.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:52 pm Stop wasting my time.
You created this thread and posed a question. I responded and asked you thoughtful questions, which you say are wasting your time. Your mind was closed when you posted the thread, right? So aren't you actually the one wasting other people's time and being disingenuous about "learning" anything beyond what fits into what you think you know?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:40 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:52 pm Stop wasting my time.
You created this thread and posed a question. I responded and asked you thoughtful questions, which you say are wasting your time. Your mind was closed when you posted the thread, right? So aren't you actually the one wasting other people's time and being disingenuous about "learning" anything beyond what fits into what you think you know?
You are not learning anything from me, and I certainly am not learning anything from you...so i insist stop wasting both our time.

If any atheist\theist wants to address me in this thread, sure, but I don't deal with 'spiritual atheist' waffle.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:51 am I don't deal with 'spiritual atheist' waffle.
A concept/label of your contorted creation based on the limits of your mind.

I was speaking of natural spirituality that is not based on religious concepts... but you apparently don't know how to think without religious concepts.

You can't even fathom spirituality THROUGHOUT ALL. Absurd theist! :lol:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:10 amI was speaking of natural spirituality that is not based on religious concepts... but you apparently don't know how to think without religious concepts.
So you have been too busy with your head up something to pay attention to the mainstay of my argument - from my website (note point 2.):-
(Simulation or Divine Reality? www.andrewseas.com)

I am resolved to two most likely states of matter:

Either:-
1. God is divine and constructs our reality in real-time.
2. 'God' is A.I. - artificial intelligence - that we have evolved into a simulation (see simulation hypothesis).
NB. The reason we would evolve into a simulation is to conserve resources as entropy increases.

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:10 amYou can't even fathom spirituality THROUGHOUT ALL. Absurd theist! :lol:
So what exactly is Pantheism\Panentheism to you if it is NOT "THROUGHOUT ALL"? Now how does your petty childish laughing emoti look?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:47 am
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:10 am You can't even fathom spirituality THROUGHOUT ALL. Absurd theist! :lol:
So what exactly is Pantheism\Panentheism to you if it is NOT "THROUGHOUT ALL"?
THROUGHOUT ALL includes anything you might label "atheist". ALL is ALL -- it is not divided/exclusive as defined by your (or anyone's) superficial and contrived notions that imaginatively distinguish themselves. Can you set your labels and judgments aside to see/hear what is beyond them?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:45 pm Note to all:- title was Does an atheist seek Wisdom, Knowledge, or both?
"Can" or "Does," the answer is obvious. Of course one "can," just like one "can" seek for El Dorado or Atlantis. Whether or not they "do" seek for El Dorado or Atlantis is a question they will have to answer for themselves.

You "can" seek for rubies in a mountain of rocks.

One can "seek" anything. But that doesn't mean it's going to be found on those terms.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:15 am
attofishpi wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:45 pm Note to all:- title was Does an atheist seek Wisdom, Knowledge, or both?
"Can" or "Does," the answer is obvious. Of course one "can," just like one "can" seek for El Dorado or Atlantis. Whether or not they "do" seek for El Dorado or Atlantis is a question they will have to answer for themselves.

You "can" seek for rubies in a mountain of rocks.

One can "seek" anything. But that doesn't mean it's going to be found on those terms.
Good point - it's time i sober up.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:32 am Good point - it's time i sober up.
..or at least pass the bottle. :wink: