Point Zero Tunneling and "Time" Mining

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Point Zero Tunneling and "Time" Mining

Post by attofishpi »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 am
attofishpi wrote:
Does it mean after death u get reborn as a poofter?
You don't get reborn after death. :roll:
HAHAHA!!

And I'm not an apprentice to a sage.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 am You don't get reborn after death.
Hindus do.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:50 am
Arising_uk wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 am
attofishpi wrote:
Does it mean after death u get reborn as a poofter?
You don't get reborn after death. :roll:
HAHAHA!!

Exactly, you are just someone who thinks a voice in your head isn't you.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

RCSaunders wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:02 pm
Hindus do.
In their dreams.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:03 pm
Hindus do.
In their dreams.
If you interpret "rebirth" as "somebody with identical mannerisms, body language and way of thinking as the guy that died" it's understandable; and statistically - a certainty.

That's how the Dalai Lama is "rediscovered" after he "switches bodies" err, I mean ... dies. If you've ever been pinned with the label "you are an old soul" (you are too mature for your age) - same shit. Some people are born with common sense/wisdom. They get mistaken for sages. A lot.

The last "sage" I met ripped off (err, I mean - took charitable donations from) very many gullible westerners seeking enlightenment and used their money to build schools, universities, hospitals and irrigation systems which benefitted millions of people in India.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sathya_Sai_Baba

Crook or a genius - I am having trouble making up my mind.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:34 am
Arising_uk wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:03 pm
Hindus do.
In their dreams.
If you interpret "rebirth" as "somebody with identical mannerisms, body language and way of thinking as the guy that died" it's understandable; and statistically - a certainty.

That's how the Dalai Lama is "rediscovered" after he "switches bodies" err, I mean ... dies. If you've ever been pinned with the label "you are an old soul" (you are too mature for your age) - same shit. Some people are born with common sense/wisdom. They get mistaken for sages. A lot.

The last "sage" I met ripped off (err, I mean - took charitable donations from) very many gullible westerners seeking enlightenment and used their money to build schools, universities, hospitals and irrigation systems which benefitted millions of people in India.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sathya_Sai_Baba

Crook or a genius - I am having trouble making up my mind.
I have to confess my comment was made with my tongue firmly in my cheek.

As for your comment. The best (at least most successful) crooks are geniuses.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:02 pm
attofishpi wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:50 am
Arising_uk wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 am You don't get reborn after death. :roll:
HAHAHA!!

Exactly, you are just someone who thinks a voice in your head isn't you.
Just so I am clear about how irrational you are...what percentage of certainty would you place that I am the one generating the voice inside my head?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:34 am The last "sage" I met ripped off (err, I mean - took charitable donations from) very many gullible westerners seeking enlightenment and used their money to build schools, universities, hospitals and irrigation systems which benefitted millions of people in India.
Nah, don't think you have ever met a sage. I certainly haven't...not in person.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

attofishpi wrote:
Just so I am clear about how irrational you are...what percentage of certainty would you place that I am the one generating the voice inside my head?
Well ignoring discussions about "rationality" and "irrationality" and what an "I" is, I'd say about 99.99...%.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Arising_uk wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:11 pm
attofishpi wrote:
Well ignoring discussions about "rationality" and "irrationality" and what an "I" is, I'd say about 99.99...%.
Stubborn foolishness to the extreme, saving face is all you deal in. Therefore it is, you are 99.99% a fool.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:36 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:11 pm
attofishpi wrote:
Stubborn foolishness to the extreme, saving face is all you deal in. Therefore it is, you are 99.99% a fool.
The idea that you have generated a voice inside your own head is legendary.
Everyone who reads your posts knows that.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

attofishpi wrote: Stubborn foolishness to the extreme, saving face is all you deal in. Therefore it is, you are 99.99% a fool.
What are you talking about? You claim that you hear a 'great sage' talking to you in your head and presumably think it is an actual entity outside of yourself communicating with you, I just think that it is generated by a subconscious part of you for whatever reason.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Arising_uk wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:36 pm
attofishpi wrote: Stubborn foolishness to the extreme, saving face is all you deal in. Therefore it is, you are 99.99% a fool.
What are you talking about? You claim that you hear a 'great sage' talking to you in your head and presumably think it is an actual entity outside of yourself communicating with you, I just think that it is generated by a subconscious part of you for whatever reason.
What is this 'philosophy' that you have devoted a large part of your existence to?

Is it a love of knowledge or a love of wisdom or both?

To you and most and sundry around here it appears you ONLY love knowledge. By your 99.99% reply, you truly don't even know what wisdom is..so Y quest_ion me about a 'great sage' something I have never called him - he is merely a 'sage'.

Insisting you are 99.99% certain everything I talk about in relation to sage and God is all some sort of personal mindfuck - only renders you a fool.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:55 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:36 pm
What is this 'philosophy' that you have devoted a large part of your existence to?

Is it a love of knowledge or a love of wisdom or both?

To you and most and sundry around here it appears you ONLY love knowledge. By your 99.99% reply, you truly don't even know what wisdom is..so Y quest_ion me about a 'great sage' something I have never called him - he is merely a 'sage'.

Insisting you are 99.99% certain everything I talk about in relation to sage and God is all some sort of personal mindfuck - only renders you a fool.
In so far as I can tell, the only difference between you and me is that you don't own the voices in your head.

Sages, Gods, Gut-feels or Intuitions - they are all me and mine. Which voice I choose to listen to is still up to me.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:46 am
henry quirk wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:20 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:51 am

And who is that?
Please note: Eodnhoj7 doesn't object to bein' called a loon, he only wonders who the bigger & better loon is... :thumbsup:
I don't object or affirm anything. Remember arising uk's continuous "why don't you post recent sources saying particles are 99.999% empty....oh wait you can't..." debacle...and how that ended (ie me posting multiple sources and him shutting up)?

No I am looking for a philosopher that either knows more and/or can actually hold himself up to questioning...the forum is getting stagnant.
I think you would first have to post something that was more than a bowl of word salad; something that actually meant something.
Stop gibbering.