How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:42 am

How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrmxjaJu0bc
In this documentary, narrated by the author of the book Phantom of the Brain - V Ramachandran [ http://amzn.to/1Ulg73K ] explains the case of a man suffering from Temporal Lobe Epilepsy(TLE).

This gentleman, due to the damage to his temporal lobes, was suffering from seizures. However, after his seizures calmed down he would feel an extraordinary significance in everything he observed. He felt some sort of a oneness with nature and sometimes claimed of being omnipotent, of being God himself.

This raises a question; could many prophets who have had similar experiences been afflicted by TLE? Here is an discussion whether Prophet Muhammad was also suffering from TLE - https://www.reddit.com/r/exmuslim/com...

Is it possible that Ramakrishna(Guru of Swami Vivekananda) also suffered from TLE?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramakri...
In autobiography of a Yogi, Swami Yogananda also makes similar claims about having visions (or what we can call delusions) and claims seeing his master/guru after his death. How about all the other prophets who made similar claims. Could they be TLE patients also?
Agree with the above?

Age
Posts: 4665
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God

Post by Age » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:05 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:42 am
How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrmxjaJu0bc
In this documentary, narrated by the author of the book Phantom of the Brain - V Ramachandran [ http://amzn.to/1Ulg73K ] explains the case of a man suffering from Temporal Lobe Epilepsy(TLE).

This gentleman, due to the damage to his temporal lobes, was suffering from seizures. However, after his seizures calmed down he would feel an extraordinary significance in everything he observed. He felt some sort of a oneness with nature and sometimes claimed of being omnipotent, of being God himself.

This raises a question; could many prophets who have had similar experiences been afflicted by TLE? Here is an discussion whether Prophet Muhammad was also suffering from TLE - https://www.reddit.com/r/exmuslim/com...

Is it possible that Ramakrishna(Guru of Swami Vivekananda) also suffered from TLE?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramakri...
In autobiography of a Yogi, Swami Yogananda also makes similar claims about having visions (or what we can call delusions) and claims seeing his master/guru after his death. How about all the other prophets who made similar claims. Could they be TLE patients also?
Agree with the above?
Maybe it is one continual tle why you have not experienced the actual Truth of things yet?

Maybe the reason why you are so delusional is because of tle. Do you agree?

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8369
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God

Post by Dontaskme » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:42 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:42 am
He felt some sort of a oneness with nature and sometimes claimed of being omnipotent, of being God himself.
By association 'thought' is what creates the de-illusion of being something other than what is already being.
The real presence (oneness) is here always, whether thought is present or not. Your existence does not increase or decrease if thought is present or absent. The thought 'I am' is just a thought. You exist whether you think that idea or not.

God is just another word for this always here oneness or presence.

There is only presence being present with itself always here and is never not here.

.

One doesn't need to suffer any thing such as TLE to taste what is always here anyway. TLE is just an appearance in what is already here always and does not affect or defile in any way shape or form what is always here in all it's pristine immaculate presence.

.

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:30 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:42 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:42 am
He felt some sort of a oneness with nature and sometimes claimed of being omnipotent, of being God himself.
By association 'thought' is what creates the de-illusion of being something other than what is already being.
The real presence (oneness) is here always, whether thought is present or not. Your existence does not increase or decrease if thought is present or absent. The thought 'I am' is just a thought. You exist whether you think that idea or not.

God is just another word for this always here oneness or presence.

There is only presence being present with itself always here and is never not here.
Whatever 'conclusion' you inferred above is also based on your 'thought'.
There is no such thing as a real presence being present with itself. It is an illusion you and your likes conjured from some psychological desperation.
Dontaskme wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:42 am
One doesn't need to suffer any thing such as TLE to taste what is always here anyway. TLE is just an appearance in what is already here always and does not affect or defile in any way shape or form what is always here in all it's pristine immaculate presence.
What you are claiming above are baseless without justifications at all.
Just because there are people who experienced those 'presence' 'oneness' or 'god-consciousness' it has no grounds that are verifiable as objective.

Note my argument that such experiences of 'presence' 'oneness' or 'god-consciousness' is more likely to be due to a mental illness, like TLE or other mental issues e.g. brain damage, etc.

Often, those who suffer from mental illness will have a natural inherent defense mechanism to give all sorts of excuses to deflect from the fact they are mentally ill. You are likely to be one such candidate.

Scientific investigated TLE caused a sense of oneness and god consciousness. [see video above]
As such this 'oneness and god-consciousness' is verified to be a mental illness.
  • 1. TLE is verified by Science to be a mental illness- per DSM-IV codes

    2. A sense of oneness and god-consciousness is manifested from TLE [see video above]

    3. Therefore the experience of oneness and god conscious are a result of a mental illness.
Note;
  • A. Dontaskme experienced oneness and 'god-consciousness.'

    B. Experiences of oneness and god-conscious are a result of a mental illness [from 3 above].

    C. Therefore Dontaskme is suffering from a mental illness.
There is nothing wrong with the above logic. Can you counter this?
To confirm a 'yes' or 'no' you'll need to consult a psychiatrist.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8369
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God

Post by Dontaskme » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:30 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:30 am
Whatever 'conclusion' you inferred above is also based on your 'thought'.
There is no such thing as a real presence being present with itself. It is an illusion you and your likes conjured from some psychological desperation.
There is no 'your' that a thought belongs to. That idea implies a thinker. Thought can create anything,and whatever thought creates becomes apparently Real. This self evident direct experience cannot be refuted or negated.
God or presence doesn't belong to any one or any thing, it's every thing and no thing simultaneously.

You are thought and thought is you. The illusion talked about here is that thought and thinker are separate things when in truth they are one and the same NO THING appearing as some thing.

It is not about understanding who you are, but who you are not.

Psychological desperation is just an imagined condition believed to be real. It's an empty projection of consciousness believed to exist in the same conceptual context that conjures the idea of there being a God. Ideas are imagination and that in which ideas arise and are known cannot be refuted.

God or presence is not what thought thinks it is. No thought thing exists in the way thought thinks it does.

Things aka thoughts are projections of consciousness which are still apparently real and cannot be escaped no more than consciousness can be escaped from.. because reality is an ongoing delusion that is being experienced by nobody. Nobody started it and can end it.

Thought is all there is. All thought things are illusions created by Thought.

There is no one thinking here. Thought creates the illusion there is. Thought creates the duality that is imagination.

And the imagination is real.


.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8369
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God

Post by Dontaskme » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:36 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:30 am
Therefore Dontaskme is suffering from a mental illness.
Assuming there is a separate actual real entity known as Dontaskme is the same delusion you are creating when you also project the idea that other people believe and make up an imaginary God and thus must have a mental illness. You too are caught up in the same delusional mental trap you accuse of others of having.

.

You should change the word God for Self. And then ask yourself How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of Self.

It's quite simple really, there is no self because there is no OTHER than self.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 1985
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God

Post by Sculptor » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:43 am

Humans live by their delusions.
Delusion of money.
Delusion of nation.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8369
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God

Post by Dontaskme » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:23 am

The real truth about this particular thread title is..

The brain in and of itself doesn't create any DELUSION ABOUT ANY THING whatsoever. The brain doesn't even know it exists. The brain is a lump of matter, it's a created concept alongside the concept of God... In truth, every known concept is known by nothingness. This fact can be sucessfully demonstrated by asking the physical brain directly how it works...on doing so it can be seen that all inner workings of the brain require an mri or cat scanning machine to show what is being asked. And so all answers to what is being asked are to be found in the question itself.

So any knowledge of any conceptual THING like a brain is wholly dependant on a machine. Even if you cut open another persons skull and take out their brain and ask that brain how it works, you will get no answer from that brain because it has no mind. It's dependant on a machine to create the delusion that is being talked about here, there is no actual delusion in the brain, the delusion is just an imagined idea, because matter knows nothing of it's existence. Matter cannot see itself and neither can thoughts. Therefore any knowledge of existence is artificially contrived from what a machine is showing in the form of images believed to be real. All couched within a consciousness that CANNOT BE IMAGED. So the Self, the one that is identified as being the image on the screen of consciousness is in actual fact just a self driving machine. A.I. for short. In other words there is no one at the wheel, there is no one driving this dreambus.

And that is the truth that does not want to be heard. Because the delusion is so powerful that it just has to be believed to exist else the alternative is nothingness which the mind cannot nor will ever grasp or dive willingly into.
Even though that's exacly what the mind IS

.

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:47 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:36 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:30 am
Therefore Dontaskme is suffering from a mental illness.
Assuming there is a separate actual real entity known as Dontaskme is the same delusion you are creating when you also project the idea that other people believe and make up an imaginary God and thus must have a mental illness. You too are caught up in the same delusional mental trap you accuse of others of having.

.

You should change the word God for Self. And then ask yourself How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of Self.

It's quite simple really, there is no self because there is no OTHER than self.
You did not address my full argument but merely jumped in and spew all sorts of nonsense.

I don't give a damn there is no-you, no-dontaskme, whatever.

In the situation of a madman-X, regardless of no-you, presence or whatever, what is critical is that empirical-physical-mental mad person who can simply take a machine gun and kill as many people due to his deranged brain/mind.

Similarly, regardless of the name "Dontaskme" it is represented with a physical body, brain/mind and pussy, i.e. the empirical-physical-mental person.
It is that brain/mind in that empirical physical body posting nonsense as "Dontaskme" that need to be cured psychologically.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8369
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God

Post by Dontaskme » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:43 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:47 am

In the situation of a madman-X, regardless of no-you, presence or whatever, what is critical is that empirical-physical-mental mad person who can simply take a machine gun and kill as many people due to his deranged brain/mind.

Knowledge of being alive is dangerous because it implies it's opposite which is death. So the danger here is in the fear of death, which is also the fear of life because they are one and the same thing, can't have one without the other.
Humans fear the loss of their own 'separate life' and yet grieve little for others who have been killed simply because it's not happened to them. Nor do humans care or think with empathic compassion about passing that fear of losing their own life by machine gun onto others by willingly imposing it on them in the act of procreation.

The only solution to this human problem is to stop breeding FULL STOP and to allow willingly and consciously the extinction of the deranged broken species to happen, that would be the logical way to end all human suffering forever. However, it seems humans do enjoy and like bearing their suffering, they like playing the game of life. So what to do?

.

User avatar
RCSaunders
Posts: 1727
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:42 pm
Contact:

Re: How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God

Post by RCSaunders » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:06 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:43 am
The only solution to this human problem ....
What human problem?

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:54 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:43 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:47 am

In the situation of a madman-X, regardless of no-you, presence or whatever, what is critical is that empirical-physical-mental mad person who can simply take a machine gun and kill as many people due to his deranged brain/mind.

Knowledge of being alive is dangerous because it implies it's opposite which is death. So the danger here is in the fear of death, which is also the fear of life because they are one and the same thing, can't have one without the other.
Humans fear the loss of their own 'separate life' and yet grieve little for others who have been killed simply because it's not happened to them. Nor do humans care or think with empathic compassion about passing that fear of losing their own life by machine gun onto others by willingly imposing it on them in the act of procreation.

The only solution to this human problem is to stop breeding FULL STOP and to allow willingly and consciously the extinction of the deranged broken species to happen, that would be the logical way to end all human suffering forever. However, it seems humans do enjoy and like bearing their suffering, they like playing the game of life. So what to do?

.
You are spewing nonsense, i.e. alluding to genocide and extermination of the human species.

You have not countered my argument, i.e.
  • Scientific investigated TLE caused a sense of oneness and god consciousness. [see video above]
    As such this 'oneness and god-consciousness' is verified to be a mental illness.
    1. TLE is verified by Science to be a mental illness- per DSM-IV codes

    2. A sense of oneness and god-consciousness is manifested from TLE [see video above]

    3. Therefore the experience of oneness and god conscious are a result of a mental illness.

    Note;

    A. Dontaskme [that physical body, mind with pussy] experienced oneness and 'god-consciousness.'

    B. Experiences of oneness and god-conscious are a result of a mental illness [from 3 above].

    C. Therefore Dontaskme is suffering from a mental illness.
    There is nothing wrong with the above logic. Can you counter this?
    To confirm a 'yes' or 'no' you'll need to consult a psychiatrist
Note, I am not referring to the name 'Dontaskme' I am referring to the empirical-body-mind with a pussy [not dick] that is using the name 'Don'taskme' or whatever.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8369
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God

Post by Dontaskme » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:14 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:54 am
Therefore the experience of oneness and god conscious are a result of a mental illness.
NO, it's not a result of mental illness at all. Who ever told you that has LIED and you have bought the lie.

The whole premise regarding this subject topic is a false assumption that you are believing to be real as an actual fact. You cling to this lie in the same way you accuse other people of doing when they believe in God ....you are like the pot calling the kettle black and you do not seem to be able to see this obvious mistake.

Oneness is NOT an experience, rendering your premise that it is all WRONG for what constitutes actual reality.

Oneness or God Consciousness is not an experience except as imagined - in other words the notion that there is a ''mind/brain/body'' organism who can EXPERIENCE ONENESS is the delusion. (Oneness in and of itself IS NOT A DELUSION ) < there is a subtle difference that must be understood before you can confidently discuss this subject properly on a public forum otherwise you are just bamboozling and confusing your readers.

The mind however, will cling to it's delusions of it's own creation as they are all that it KNOWS... so do continue living in your self created delusional world, we all do it, except those who see through the illusion of otherness.

Note: I don't give a damn that it is the brain/mind in that empirical physical body represented as and through the label dontaskme that needs to be cured psychologically. It's water of a ducks back, so why waste time repeating this over and over again like flogging a dead horse.

The real actual truth transcends all verbalised nonsense such as mind made known knowledge...aka imagination.




.

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:37 am

Dontaskme wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:14 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:54 am
Therefore the experience of oneness and god conscious are a result of a mental illness.
NO, it's not a result of mental illness at all. Who ever told you that has LIED and you have bought the lie.

The whole premise regarding this subject topic is a false assumption that you are believing to be real as an actual fact. You cling to this lie in the same way you accuse other people of doing when they believe in God ....you are like the pot calling the kettle black and you do not seem to be able to see this obvious mistake.

Oneness is NOT an experience, rendering your premise that it is all WRONG for what constitutes actual reality.

Oneness or God Consciousness is not an experience except as imagined - in other words the notion that there is a ''mind/brain/body'' organism who can EXPERIENCE ONENESS is the delusion. (Oneness in and of itself IS NOT A DELUSION ) < there is a subtle difference that must be understood before you can confidently discuss this subject properly on a public forum otherwise you are just bamboozling and confusing your readers.

The mind however, will cling to it's delusions of it's own creation as they are all that it KNOWS... so do continue living in your self created delusional world, we all do it, except those who see through the illusion of otherness.

Note: I don't give a damn that it is the brain/mind in that empirical physical body represented as and through the label dontaskme that needs to be cured psychologically. It's water of a ducks back, so why waste time repeating this over and over again like flogging a dead horse.

The real actual truth transcends all verbalised nonsense such as mind made known knowledge...aka imagination.
The experiences of God as in TLE is not a lie but justified with empirical evidences and what is happening in the brain. Note the video above.

If you claim your "oneness" is not grounded on experience, then it is merely an ungrounded thought [a transcendental idea] which is also an illusion when you insist such a oneness exists as real. If there is no experience of such a oneness on your part, how can you even begin to prove it is real.
Your insistence that such oneness is real without grounds is delusional.
  • Delusion: an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
    -Google Dictionary
Thus either that "oneness" is experiential or non-experiential [transcendental idea], your insistence that it is real is delusional, thus a mental illness.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8369
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: How Our Brain Creates Delusion Of God

Post by Dontaskme » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:21 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:37 am
Your insistence that such oneness is real without grounds is delusional.
  • Delusion: an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
    -Google Dictionary
Thus either that "oneness" is experiential or non-experiential [transcendental idea], your insistence that it is real is delusional, thus a mental illness.
No thing aka a ''thing known'' aka known knowledge is REAL...the claim known knowledge is REAL is an oxymoron that no ONE is making. That real appears to be real is the delusion. ''Real'' is just a conceptual WORD, it's an idea, it's an appearance believed to exist as an empirical thing in and of itself separate from consciousness....in truth, no thing exist apart from consciousness which is not a WORD, but is KNOWN as a WORD...and yet no consciousness knows this word. < (that statement is an oxymoron)

This obviously does not make sense to the rational mind, and is why the mind clings to it's mental concepts as real, else no thing known would make sense in it's conceptually constructed world.

The ones who believes the WORD and the WORLD made of WORDS is real are the insane ones. The ones that know by natural default that the words which are mere illusory constructs that appear in consciousness and are not real except AS believed artificial representations of what is thought to be reality and not what reality actually is.
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:37 am
The experiences of God as in TLE is not a lie but justified with empirical evidences and what is happening in the brain. Note the video above.
TLE is an appearance, it's a condition that appears in the form of an image on a computer machines screen...but it has no more empirical existence than cinderellas biological father does...all identified images are already couched within the conscious observer consciousness, so the empirical evidence is just a temporal appearance appearing in what can never be an experience or can ever appear.
Consciousness itself suffers no mental illness because Consciousness is not an experience nor does it appear to a mind/body organism...the mind/body organism is an appearance in and of CONSCIOUSNESS.

Veritas Aequitas is wrongly and falsely identified with lies believed to be real.

.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests