I'm a Theist

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: I'm a Theist

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:07 am
BardoXV wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:24 pm Are you saying that you believe the Earth is flat?

The universe has a definite beginning and probably a definite end, unless you are ready to deny all the evidence supporting it.
Trying to talk to "Age" is like trying to drill a hole in water, Bardo. Sooner or later, you're going to want to just walk away.
Only because you can not answer my simple clarifying questions and/or you can not even support your own claims.

Examples of proof of this can be found in this thread and other ones
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Age wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:39 am Only because you can not answer my simple clarifying questions...
In the giving and receiving of answers, there are two ends: the sender, and the recipient.

The sender must articulate a cogent answer; but the recipient has his burden to show at least a modicum of sincerity, maturity and circumspection, such that the sender could suppose he could grasp a simple answer and make proper use of it.

If an answerer comes to understand that his recipient is limited in one of these regards -- say, that what he consistently receives in return for an answer is not understanding, but merely a cascade of confusion, insult, misdirection and folly, then any wise answerer takes his answers elsewhere.

Which end fails here, I am very content to leave everyone to judge.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:57 am
bahman wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:57 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:47 am Yes.
And then universe exist at another point?
Of course.
So there are two ppoints when it comes to the act of creation, one comes after another one. This is a temproal.
BardoXV

Post by BardoXV »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:07 am
BardoXV wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:24 pm Are you saying that you believe the Earth is flat?

The universe has a definite beginning and probably a definite end, unless you are ready to deny all the evidence supporting it.
Trying to talk to "Age" is like trying to drill a hole in water, Bardo. Sooner or later, you're going to want to just walk away.
I see your point.
BardoXV

Post by BardoXV »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:47 am
bahman wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:35 am Ok. Was there a point that the universe didn't exist?
Yes.
Science doesn't say what existed before the Big Bang.

There is no reason to expect that the universe will behave according to human expectations, that includes time.

'I don't know' is an acceptable answer.
bahman

Post by bahman »

BardoXV wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:53 pm
Yes.

There is no reason to expect that the universe will behave according to human expectations, that includes time.

What I am arguing is that there should exist a point that the universe didn't exist if you believe in creation.
BardoXV

Post by BardoXV »

bahman wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:09 pm

What I am arguing is that there should exist a point that the universe didn't exist if you believe in creation.
By creation, do you mean the religious version or the scientific account of creation?
bahman

Post by bahman »

BardoXV wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:50 pm

By creation, do you mean the religious version or the scientific account of creation?
The religious one.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:04 pm
Age wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:39 am Only because you can not answer my simple clarifying questions...
In the giving and receiving of answers, there are two ends: the sender, and the recipient.

The sender must articulate a cogent answer; but the recipient has his burden to show at least a modicum of sincerity, maturity and circumspection, such that the sender could suppose he could grasp a simple answer and make proper use of it.

If an answerer comes to understand that his recipient is limited in one of these regards -- say, that what he consistently receives in return for an answer is not understanding, but merely a cascade of confusion, insult, misdirection and folly, then any wise answerer takes his answers elsewhere.

Which end fails here, I am very content to leave everyone to judge.
You can write whatever you want to 'try to' "justify" your complete inability to answer clarifying questions, but if you want to claim things are absolutely true, like, for example; God exists, and/or God created everything, then I suggest that you have at least some thing you can use to support your claims.

Having nothing but wrong and incorrect misguided information will not help you.

I have already informed that God existing can very easily and very simply be proven true along with actually how God created everything. But 'you' just will not look at any thing else other than your own obviously WRONG and distorted beliefs.

You are absolutely free to continue to do whatever you want to do. But as long as you make claims and propose them to be true, then if 'I' was 'you', then I would expect some clarifying questioning and challenging.

If you are then not able clarify and/or can not handle being challenged, then so be it. This just says more about 'you' and the so called information and knowledge you have, or lack of, then much about anything else.

Post by Age »

Yes.

Finally we get someone who provides a very simple and very honest answer to what has essential been very simple clarifying questions asked.

Post by Age »

But I KNOW that the Universe ALWAYS exists and I also KNOW that there is creation. So, to me, there was NO point where the Universe did not exist. Will your so called "argument" be able to counter or override this?

Post by Age »

BardoXV wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:50 pm

Both of those versions have been misinterpreted. This is because both of them have not been explained correctly clearly, nor thoroughly. By the way there is only One True version, which can be and will be verified and agreed with by people of religious faith and by those that follow a scientific method.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:05 am

But I KNOW that the Universe ALWAYS exists and I also KNOW that there is creation. So, to me, there was NO point where the Universe did not exist. Will your so called "argument" be able to counter or override this?
That is contrary (bold part).

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:55 am
Age wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:05 am
That is contrary (bold part).
But it is NOT contrary AT ALL. It was written in the specific what for that very specific reason.

Also, if you are going to claim some thing to be true, then I suggest you have first some actual evidence or proof BEFORE you express your claim.

Now, you CLAIM that the bold part is contrary, so what EVIDENCE or PROOF do you have for this CLAIM?

To CLAIM as you have here is to SHOW with PROOF just how CLOSED 'you' really ARE, "bahman".
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

bahman wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:43 pm So there are two ppoints when it comes to the act of creation, one comes after another one. This is a temproal.
Is "zero" a "point"?