Can a man really turn into a woman?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Can a man really turn into a woman?

Gender is fluid, mutable, interchangeable, just a social construct (yes).
22%
Gender is fixed, immutable, not subject to change, sumthin' concretely intrinsic to the person (no).
78%

Total votes: 9

Nick_A

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by Nick_A »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:49 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:23 pm especially in Californy
In California, the mentally ill are in public office, not in the streets.
Have you never heard of “squatter's rights?”
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:53 pm Have you never heard of “squatter's rights?”
Are you trying to "needle" me? :wink:
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:03 am
Nick_A wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:53 pm Have you never heard of “squatter's rights?”
He's just throwin' crap.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:16 am
He's just throwin' crap.
I perceive that your language is full of in-tent-city.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

He's just throwin' crap.
Both of you seem to be lacking in appreciation.
Feb 7, 2018 - Nancy Pelosi Thanks Illegal Aliens for Breaking the Law. ... FAITH IS A GIFT THAT WE DO BELIEVE THAT WE ARE ALL GOD HE'S CHILDREN .
Don't you know that all these deposits being left behind are really little gifts of God's love.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:08 am
He's just throwin' crap.
Both of you seem to be lacking in appreciation.
Feb 7, 2018 - Nancy Pelosi Thanks Illegal Aliens for Breaking the Law. ... FAITH IS A GIFT THAT WE DO BELIEVE THAT WE ARE ALL GOD HE'S CHILDREN .
Don't you know that all these deposits being left behind are really little gifts of God's love.
What's the return policy on them gifts?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:11 am What's the return policy on them gifts?
Does the store have a return Pelosi? :wink:
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:49 am
henry quirk wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:11 am What's the return policy on them gifts?
BOO! HISS!

(on returnin' a Pelosi)

Even a pawn shop won't take that: might get a couple or three bucks at a wreck yard.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:57 am
BOO! HISS!
C'mon, Henry...we're already at the level of puns...we can't go getting any standards now. :wink:
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:15 am
henry quirk wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:57 am
BOO! HISS!
C'mon, Henry...we're already at the level of puns...we can't go getting any standards now. :wink:
HA!
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:11 am "Why do yanks think that 'counselling and therapy' is the 'cure' for practically every misfortune that life throws at us?"

Cuz we've allowed ourselves to be hoodwinked by an industry that promises cures for every woe. A pill for what ails you; a therapy for what's got you down. As I say: this industry assigns incapacity, or creates it (or reframes harmless idiosyncrasy into sumthin' malign). And they do it for a buck. They farm miserable people like cows, for milk and meat.
Sometimes you really do get it right (except that you couldn't resist your usual macho posturing at the end so I removed it).
henry quirk

fixed it for ya

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:39 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:11 am "Why do yanks think that 'counselling and therapy' is the 'cure' for practically every misfortune that life throws at us?"

Cuz we've allowed ourselves to be hoodwinked by an industry that promises cures for every woe. A pill for what ails you; a therapy for what's got you down. As I say: this industry assigns incapacity, or creates it (or reframes harmless idiosyncrasy into sumthin' malign). And they do it for a buck. They farm miserable people like cows, for milk and meat.

All a body really needs to get through is a cup of strong coffee, a pack of Pall Malls, a steely spine, and brass testes.
Sometimes you really do get it right.
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:11 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:54 pm Quackery. There is no cure for mental illness. If anything, so-called 'counsellors' do far more harm than good.
Bad ones do. Good ones help. It's like anything else, really. But there is cure for some mental illnesses, and compassionate people try.
'Compassion' has nothing to do with it. It's about money, and the selfish needs of certain kinds of people to enter what they deludedly think of as an admirably 'caring profession', for purely selfish reasons.
These do-gooding nitwits have done more harm than most people imagine (clearly, since whole populations have bought into the bullshit). Think about the 'day-care satanic ritual' hysteria of a couple of decades ago, perpetuated by sociopathic do-gooders who didn't have a clue what they were doing, and have never apologised to this day.
I was reading about a dangerous paedophile and murderer (who actually murdered someone I knew) the other day because I was wondering if he was out yet (our sentences for murder here are pathetic) and apparently at the parole hearing he was told that the only thing standing between him and being free was his lack of an acceptable response to 'counselling and therapy' regarding the murder. So in other words if he lied to the 'therapist' and knew all the 'right' things to say then he would be out-- that's how much power those fools are given. The fact that he is an idiot who isn't clued up on the 'correct responses' is the only thing that kept a dangerous murderer from being released after only twelve years. He's probably out by now though, with a new identity (they kindly get given these), and living next door to someone (perhaps someone with children).
He was, however, given credit for attending a 'sex offender programme' (because sexual deviancy can be cured by a bit of 'man-hug time' :lol:).
henry quirk

"a dangerous paedophile and murderer"

Post by henry quirk »

All he needs is a bullet to the head.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: "a dangerous paedophile and murderer"

henry quirk wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:22 pm All he needs is a bullet to the head.
That's why they give them new identities and keep it quiet when they get let out--to protect the poor things from 'bullets to the head'.