Your smart phones are watching you.

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: Henry

Post by henry quirk »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:42 am
henry quirk wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:30 pm "You really don't exist Henry as the doer"

As I say: I'm a real, on-going, tangible, agent (same as you). I choose, I do (same as you).

Stardust popped aware = Nothing is real.
Stardust (really more like star poop) is real; awareness (self-awareness) is real; I'm real; you're real; Reality (and all the discrete things inside Reality) are real.
surreptitious57

Re: Your smartphones are watching you

Post by surreptitious57 »

surreptitious57 wrote:
Age wrote:
Ones own subjective and / or emotional version of truth is absolutely not the same as the actual objective truth as such
we add the necessarily in between the word the and same in your second sentence then this would make the sentence more true
Ones own subjective and / or emotional version of truth is usually not the same as the actual objective truth as such

Re: Your smartphones are watching you

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:20 pm
Age wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Ones own subjective and / or emotional version of truth is absolutely not the same as the actual objective truth as such
we add the necessarily in between the word the and same in your second sentence then this would make the sentence more true
Ones own subjective and / or emotional version of truth is usually not the same as the actual objective truth as such
You may actually KNOW for certainty, 100% for SURE, that one's own subjective and/or emotional version of truth is USUALLY not the same as the actual objective Truth IS, but I do NOT know this with certainty. I would have to KNOW 100% for SURE both versions, and I do not. So, from my view, I see that one's own subjective and/or emotional version of truth will not necessarily be the same as the actual objective Truth IS.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:24 pm
Stardust (really more like star poop) is real; awareness (self-awareness) is real; I'm real; you're real; Reality (and all the discrete things inside Reality) are real.
Going deeper...

Unscripted, Unwritten, without words,without the knife of duality,neither reality,nor unreality.

It is clear, lucid, present and playfully eludes the net of concepts - yet it never moves, never changes.

What would be the reference point in a single flux from no-where to now-here?

henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:58 am
henry quirk wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:24 pm
Going deeper...

Unscripted, Unwritten, without words,without the knife of duality,neither reality,nor unreality.

It is clear, lucid, present and playfully eludes the net of concepts - yet it never moves, never changes.

What would be the reference point in a single flux from no-where to now-here?
color me stupid: I got no idea what the hell you're tryin' to communicate
Dontaskme

Re: Your smart phones are watching you.

Post by Dontaskme »

HexHammer wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:43 pm
Ramu wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:25 pmIt's quite funny how you all pretty much miss DAM's point. No your phone isn't surveilling you. She's basically saying there is no separation and no subject/object distinction. One must understand that non duality is a highly nuanced thing, which most people STUCK in the Materialist Paradigm will never understand. There is no you...and no brain that "represents" you.
.......yadda yadda ..blabla ..bla
You sound skitzo, ever been diagnosed with something serious? ..or is it just low IQ?
To know God, we must go out of our conceptual minds.

God would not be diminished in any way if we the conceptual mind did not exist.

Just as an electrical current does not depend on a light to exist (it's still present in the socket even if nothing's plugged in)

Re: Your smart phones are watching you.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:39 am
HexHammer wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:43 pm
Ramu wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:25 pmIt's quite funny how you all pretty much miss DAM's point. No your phone isn't surveilling you. She's basically saying there is no separation and no subject/object distinction. One must understand that non duality is a highly nuanced thing, which most people STUCK in the Materialist Paradigm will never understand. There is no you...and no brain that "represents" you.
.......yadda yadda ..blabla ..bla
You sound skitzo, ever been diagnosed with something serious? ..or is it just low IQ?
To know God, we must go out of our conceptual minds.
'we' do NOT have "conceptual minds".

The 'person' is the 'thoughts' within a body. Thought is where 'concepts' live, and lay, or exist, and play.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:39 amGod would not be diminished in any way if we the conceptual mind did not exist.
Except that without a species that conceptualized up the word 'God', and without a conceptual construct of 'God', Itself, then 'God' would literally be completely diminished in all ways without the thoughts, which exist within the human body.

However, what the word 'God', and what that word is actually in relation to exactly, of course, is NOT diminished in any way if human beings never came to exist.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:39 amJust as an electrical current does not depend on a light to exist (it's still present in the socket even if nothing's plugged in)

Just as long there is a species existing, which was able to conceptualize up how to create all of this, and did actually create it all. Obviously, an electrical current present in a socket NEEDED some thing to have created all of this. An electrical current in lightning bolts obviously exists if human beings exist or not, but an electrical current to a socket ONLY exists because human beings have created that. So, this electrical current and the socked and the light globe DO DEPEND on human beings, just like the word 'God' and the concept of what 'God' is or could be DEPENDS on human beings as well.

And, if thee Truth be KNOWN for Thing to become into It's True Self, then It did need a species with enough computing power like that of the human being and its brain, to become Truly Self-actualized, Self-Aware, and/or Conscious of Its Self. Consciousness actually NEEDS a physical brain to become AWARE of Its Self.

Although Consciousness, Itself, would NEVER diminish without human beings existing, and Consciousness would just be Its True non-changing Self ALWAYS, with or without human beings. Thee Truth IS Consciousness NEEDED a physical species to evolve, with enough intelligence, for Consciousness, Itself to become Aware of It's Self.