How can we defeat "us vs. them" mentality?

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: How can we defeat "us vs. them" mentality?

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:22 pm
Age wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:18 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:54 pm
Your subjectivism is an assumed stance.
If I do not like to do some thing, then that is not an assumed stance at all. It is, just how it is.

It is in fact the exact opposite of subjectivism, as it is an objective truth.
Actually it is an assumed stance considering:

1. You are assuming you know yourself well enough as to what you like and do not like.

2. You are assuming you will not change your opinion at a later time.

3. You are assuming that "your" likes are actually "your" own and not merely a replication of other peoples behaviors as a means to fit in.
These are just your assumptions about me. I know exactly who 'I' am, whereas you are still just learning. Because of exactly who 'you' are you just continue to assume things.

Your 3 points could not be more wrong.

1. I know exactly who and what 'I' am.

2. I do not assume any such thing at all.

3. What I say regarding this, and some other things, goes completely against what "others" say. So, I am certainly NOT fitting in.

So your 3 points could not be further from the actual Truth of things. For example, I say I neither believe nor disbelieve any thing, whereas the majority of "other" people tell me that I have to believe things. Some even insist that I can not live without believing. Therefore, I am certainly not replicating "others" nor am I obviously 'fitting in'. Just like my like of not assuming any thing. I have never heard any one else propose such a thing and I am continually told that I do assume things. Therefore, once again, I am not replicating any one else nor certainly trying to fit in with any one, anywhere. I am just being the True Self.

Maybe if you just speak for your 'self' only instead of trying to speak for 'me', then you might have far more success.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:22 pmObjectivity is group subjective agreement where inner subjectivity necessitates a state of dynamic tension in perspectives that the individual holds thus necessitating "multiple I's" within the individual allowing for a state of inner objectivity to be observed. This requires a dualism between the conscious and unconscious, in Jungian Terms, or the multiple egos' in Freud's sense.

The multiple subjective states, both as extensions of the "I" can be argued as synonymous to "perspectives" or "means of awareness", effectively set the foundation for objectivity in the respect boundaries are given.

One perspective alone has little "boundary" to it and is irrational by nature considering exists as a continuum.

The multitude of perspectives, in tension with eachother, give definition to eachother by define what each one "is" and "is not" because of there synthetic interplay. For example a single point has no definition on its own terms...it exists as a boundless field.

The same point in contrast to another point gains an "atomic" or localized nature when in contrast to another point. The same applies for awareness.
I am not sure how this exactly relates to this topic, which is; How can we defeat "us vs. them" mentality?

Now, I say I have already defeated this mentality and I have also already proposed how I did defeat it and continue to defeat it.

Do you believe that to do this is impossible?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:22 pmIn simpler terms the only way to be objective internally is to hold multiple perspectives at once.
Which is exactly what I say and agree with.

I also propose that to be Truly objective is to gain and have the perspective from ALL, which by the way just naturally also defeats and conquers all "us vs./and them" mentality anyway.
bahman

Post by bahman »

philosopher wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:54 pm Is it possible to break down "us vs. them" mentality? How?

I suggest:

* Ban on team sports on large/nationwide levels.

* Ban on non-professional uniforms (police officers should carry a uniform as part of their profession, but uniforms symbolizing an ideology or religion should be banned - like Ku-Klux-Klan-uniforms and niqab etc.). Also, school uniforms should be banned.

* Abolish conscription in countries where any such thing exists.

* Make it legal to desecrate private possessions of national symbols (ie. if you own a flag of your own country, you should be free to burn it).

* Other bans on nationalism.
I think we have genetic issues.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

How can we defeat "us vs. them" mentality?

The 'Us versus Them' then [200K years ago?] was a very critical instinct to ensure the survival of a group and therefrom the human species since humans formed tribes and groups.

However as humans evolved in time, the 'us versus them' is not so critical with the emergence of increasing mirror neurons and other neural algorithm to facilitate greater co-operation on a more global scale.

The problem with primal instincts like the 'us versus them,' existential, sex, hunger, kill or be killed, anger, etc. is they are hardwired deep in the 'lower' brain thus cannot be got rid of.

What nature has done is the enabling of the emergence of inhibitors and modulators to manage such as an when the impulses are necessary.

Note Aristotle on the anger emotions which is equally applicable to the various instincts,
  • Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but
    -to be angry with the right person and
    -to the right degree and at the right time and
    -for the right purpose, and
    -in the right way
    that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.
It is not easy but it can be done via strengthening the neural inhibitors and modulators to manage the various instincts.

Note it is common in various traditions and religions to cultivate the strength of one's modulators to manage the hunger instinct via fasting and other strategies.

So what we need is to identify the neural circuits involved with the 'us versus them' instinct and develop strategies to increase the impulse control mechanisms to manage the 'us versus them' efficiently.

What is worst is when there are dangerous elements and ideology that reinforce and trigger
the 'us versus them' impulse easily.
Note the 'us versus them' impulse when unmanaged is the nursery grounds for all sorts of evil culminating in genocides.

The 'us versus them' impulse if one of the 8 elements and stages contributing to genocides.
http://www.genocidewatch.org/genocide/8 ... ocide.html

At present there are many ideologies that are stirring the 'us versus them' impulse in their followers. The worst of them is the religion of Islam heavily leveraged on the desperation for salvation via an existential crisis as sanction by a God, Allah.
  • 3400++ or 55% of the 6236 verses in the Quran - the core scripture and authority of Islam - are hinged on the 'us versus them' primal impulse which is laden with terrible evil and violent elements.
    The consequences of this 'us versus them' impulse is so evident by the terrible evil and violent acts committed by SOME [a critical quantum] evil prone Muslims as sanction by Allah.
The solution to the 'us versus them' mentality is two fold;
  • 1. Improve on the inhibitors and modulators to manage the us versus them impulse.

2. Whilst starting the above, get rid of the elements that can easily trigger the 'us versus them' impulse in followers of an ideology [religion, political, etc.]. The approach to this should be based on the criticalness of the elements. e.g. team sports are not that critical in contrast to evil laden religions.
nothing

Post by nothing »

The root of this conflict(s) is:

"believer vs. unbeliever"

Solution:

Let +A be Alpha (ie. "all").
Let -A be Omega (ie. "not to").
Living: I am willing to KNOW all: thus not to BELIEVE (approaches any/all cessation of suffering/death)
Suffering/death: I am willing to BELIEVE all: thus not to KNOW (approaches any/all cause(s) of suffering/death)
If nobody suffered "believing" their own suffering is due to "others" (ie. original sin - blame) the "us vs. them" would not exist. Islam perpetuates this, because Islam is the original sin in perpetuity. The "believers" know not from which tree they eat.

Unfortunately, as some "believers" on here prove to no uncertainty, the "believers" tend to be supremacists that "believe" genocide against "unbelievers" for not "believing" in a brain-rot book and pedophile idol is "justified". Any/all such desire to spill blood is sub-animal.

Any possible all-knowing god would know that it takes a "believer" to "believe" evil is good (such to confuse satan with god). Thus, under what circumstances would any all-knowing god also require "belief" as satan certainly would? Any "god" that requires belief is satanic. This includes Allah.

All knowledge negates all belief, as it would certainly take a "believer" to "believe" themselves to be something they are not, such as: superior to another. Again, this is Islam viz. the "belief" that the Qur'an is the most supreme document on the face of the planet. In reality, it is a blood mess.

You can smack the "believer" in the face with the truth (ie. the unreality of their belief) however their belief justifies their hatred, thus if the "belief" goes the essence of their hatred goes. If there were no hatred, there would be no need to attach to books/idols to justify that hatred.

Post by Age »

nothing wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:46 pm The root of this conflict(s) is:

"believer vs. unbeliever"

Solution:

Let +A be Alpha (ie. "all").
Let -A be Omega (ie. "not to").
Living: I am willing to KNOW all: thus not to BELIEVE (approaches any/all cessation of suffering/death)
Suffering/death: I am willing to BELIEVE all: thus not to KNOW (approaches any/all cause(s) of suffering/death)
If nobody suffered "believing" their own suffering is due to "others" (ie. original sin - blame) the "us vs. them" would not exist. Islam perpetuates this, because Islam is the original sin in perpetuity. The "believers" know not from which tree they eat.

Unfortunately, as some "believers" on here prove to no uncertainty, the "believers" tend to be supremacists that "believe" genocide against "unbelievers" for not "believing" in a brain-rot book and pedophile idol is "justified". Any/all such desire to spill blood is sub-animal.

Any possible all-knowing god would know that it takes a "believer" to "believe" evil is good (such to confuse satan with god). Thus, under what circumstances would any all-knowing god also require "belief" as satan certainly would? Any "god" that requires belief is satanic. This includes Allah.

All knowledge negates all belief, as it would certainly take a "believer" to "believe" themselves to be something they are not, such as: superior to another. Again, this is Islam viz. the "belief" that the Qur'an is the most supreme document on the face of the planet. In reality, it is a blood mess.

You can smack the "believer" in the face with the truth (ie. the unreality of their belief) however their belief justifies their hatred, thus if the "belief" goes the essence of their hatred goes. If there were no hatred, there would be no need to attach to books/idols to justify that hatred.
So, what do you propose will defeat the "us" verse "them" mentality, which 'you', "yourself", are exposing and showing here?
nothing

Post by nothing »

So, what do you propose will defeat the "us" verse "them" mentality, which 'you', "yourself", are exposing and showing here?
Stop scapegoating your own divided nature onto others - the (false) accusation begins and ends with/at yourself (universal axiom).

Mark of Cain: any 'state' of being(s) that engages in religiously drawing from their own nature (ie. "tiller of the soil") such to project/scapegoat (the substance of) it in the form of an accusation satisfying the condition: the accuser is the accused.
ABC's of GOOD and EVIL

A believes B is evil. <-*believer
B believes A is evil. <-*believer

C knows neither A nor B knew from which tree they ate. <-*rejects "us vs. them"
I reject Islam on the basis of it being intrinsically divisive - just as you are, yet you religiously blame/accuse/scapegoat your own divisive nature onto others. That you accuse others of doing the same is precisely why individuals such as yourself "justify" spilling of blood. The animal nature is owing to the "believer" that they, themselves, are not animals.

The Muslims say the "Jews" are "pigs".
Try for: the accuser is the accused.
Will they whine and squeal?

ooiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Truth of the Way of the Living
o. I am willing to: acKNOWledge all BELIEF(s) by
i. TRYING honestly both: (TO / NOT TO) "BELIEVE" by
ii. TESTING them (from their roots to their fruits) for BELIEF-based IGNORANCE(s)
iii. FALSIFYING any/all "BELIEF" that is/are certainly not necessarily true
iv. leaving only what is certainly possibly TRUE (by WAY of NEGATION) such that
v. All KNOWLEDGE negates all BELIEF-based ignorance(s) ad infinitum.

Not a man, but a method. It is infallible, as is the fabric of CKIIT.

It is designed to collapse the house of swine.

Post by Age »

nothing wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:47 pm
Stop scapegoating your own divided nature onto others - the (false) accusation begins and ends with/at yourself (universal axiom).
Do not forget that it is 'you', the one called "nothing", which HAS and SHOWS your own division and HATRED of "those others".

To me, there is not even an "us" verse "them", other than the one 'you' create.
nothing wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:47 pmMark of Cain: any 'state' of being(s) that engages in religiously drawing from their own nature (ie. "tiller of the soil") such to project/scapegoat (the substance of) it in the form of an accusation satisfying the condition: the accuser is the accused.
Okay, so 'you' can either stop being that or 'you' can keep doing and being what 'you' are here.
nothing wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:47 pm
ABC's of GOOD and EVIL

A believes B is evil. <-*believer
B believes A is evil. <-*believer

C knows neither A nor B knew from which tree they ate. <-*rejects "us vs. them"
I reject Islam on the basis of it being intrinsically divisive - just as you are, yet you religiously blame/accuse/scapegoat your own divisive nature onto others. That you accuse others of doing the same is precisely why individuals such as yourself "justify" spilling of blood. The animal nature is owing to the "believer" that they, themselves, are not animals.
Okay, so it looks like 'you' will just keep being what you contradictory suggest is wrong, and which you hypocritally keep doing. So be it.
nothing wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:47 pmThe Muslims say the "Jews" are "pigs".
Try for: the accuser is the accused.
Will they whine and squeal?

ooiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Truth of the Way of the Living
o. I am willing to: acKNOWledge all BELIEF(s) by
i. TRYING honestly both: (TO / NOT TO) "BELIEVE" by
ii. TESTING them (from their roots to their fruits) for BELIEF-based IGNORANCE(s)
iii. FALSIFYING any/all "BELIEF" that is/are certainly not necessarily true
iv. leaving only what is certainly possibly TRUE (by WAY of NEGATION) such that
v. All KNOWLEDGE negates all BELIEF-based ignorance(s) ad infinitum.

Not a man, but a method. It is infallible, as is the fabric of CKIIT.

It is designed to collapse the house of swine.
Lol
nothing

Post by nothing »

Do not forget that it is 'you', the one called "nothing", which HAS and SHOWS your own division and HATRED of "those others".
If I were actually rooted in division and hatred, I would not have developed a theorem that addresses/ends the same caused by state-sanctioned "us vs. them" divisions such as...
To me, there is not even an "us" verse "them", other than the one 'you' create.
...Islam's "believer vs. unbeliever".

Clearly I did not create such a pathetic division, and only "believers" invariably perpetuate it viz. spilling the blood of hundreds of millions of "unbelievers". It takes a believer to believe themselves superior to another, thus such supremacism is cultured in Islam if/when considering the fact the House of Islam indoctrinates the Muslims to "believe" that the Qur'an is the most "superior" document on the face of the planet (ie. Nazism/Fascism). In reality, the opposite is true: the book is certainly a bloody mess, and hundreds of millions are dead due to the belief that such bloody-mess man-made books are god's own stuff.

Islam's Qur'an-Muhammad books-and-idols nonsense is the same nonsense as the Jews with the Torah-Moses - man-made texts used to justify heinous treatment of "others", especially women (while religiously scapegoating their own problems onto others). There is no fundamental distinction:
Pre-Muhammadan Jews = Yahood
Post-Muhammadan Jews = Yahooslim
Also, are you remotely capable of sticking to content-only, without the 'you!' 'you!' 'you!' or are you collapsed into/as a fascist pig? CKIIT has already found the 'solution' for the being behind 'Age', as one can only either collapse or expand:

+A = local collapse (ie. belief-based ignorance)
-A = expands indefinitely (ie. knowledge)

It can be used to 'know' where one begins/ends should their present 'state' continue ongoing.
Okay, so 'you' can either stop being that or 'you' can keep doing and being what 'you' are here.
'you!' 'you!' 'you!'
Okay, so it looks like 'you' will just keep being what you contradictory (?) suggest is wrong, and which you hypocritally (?) keep doing. So be it.
(!)

Islam (ie. Muhammad, given Islam is intrinsically idolatrous) would be a good example(s) of i. contradiction and ii. hypocritally (sic) - I suggest those instead.
Lol
The mapping is easy:

legs: to-know/to-believe
arms: all/not (alpha/omega - alla(h), the all-not)
head: will

that even a simple (ex-)"believer" can map it such to walk away from Islam (ie. "belief"). They will especially be willing to do this as it gives them back two things which were removed by Islam: 'Christ' (ie. alpha-omega) and the 'Tree of Living' (ie. cessation of suffering/death).

It will be launching along-side the U.S. "revelation" of the nonsense the House of Islam has been up to - including attempting to plan/commit a global genocide against "unbelievers" which establishes more than enough of a precedent to ban the ideology of Islam (from U.S. soil). Other nations will follow suit as this plot is exposed, and invariably the House of Islam / Muslims will whine and squeal thus revealing who the real "pigs" are behind the Nazism/Fascism/Socialism which keeps attempting to collapse humanity into totalitarian rule.

Are you the kind of person who would support such a genocide? You've already made it clear in other posts: your loathing for humanity is a product of your own very poor nature, rather than of others.

P.S. The theorem is dedicated to the "believing" women of the world; not because I hate them, but because I love them, and with due respect to A'isha who had it more right than Muhammad ever did in saying:
"I have never seen anyone suffer like the believing woman."
-A'isha, "favorite" wife of Muhammad
There is more truth in this statement than there is in the entirety of Islam and/or anything Muhammad said. It will be used to restore sovereignty to women.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Easy
Be us, don't be them.

"When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence."

Jiddu Krishnamurti
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

We have met the enemy and he is us, Pogo

So how do we get rid of us?

Post by Age »

Nick_A wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:11 pm We have met the enemy and he is us, Pogo

Easy STOP assuming and believing that that 'one' is true, right, and correct, then that 'one' is let go of completely.

The actual absolute Truth IS; the 'one' that assumes and believes it is true, right, and correct is, as they say, "One's worst enemy".

The collective and ONLY True One Self already KNOWS what IS True, Right, and Correct. So, when each of those little individual "selfs" STOP believing that they know what is true, right, and correct. Then thee Truth can be SEEN, and RECOGNIZED for what It IS.

There is, after all, ONLY a separation of "us" and "them" from the little human being perspective and perception of things, and NOT from thee One and ONLY True and Right perspective of things.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Age wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:24 am
Nick_A wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:11 pm We have met the enemy and he is us, Pogo

Easy STOP assuming and believing that that 'one' is true, right, and correct, then that 'one' is let go of completely.

The actual absolute Truth IS; the 'one' that assumes and believes it is true, right, and correct is, as they say, "One's worst enemy".

The collective and ONLY True One Self already KNOWS what IS True, Right, and Correct. So, when each of those little individual "selfs" STOP believing that they know what is true, right, and correct. Then thee Truth can be SEEN, and RECOGNIZED for what It IS.

There is, after all, ONLY a separation of "us" and "them" from the little human being perspective and perception of things, and NOT from thee One and ONLY True and Right perspective of things.
Another vote for the Great Beast or the grand collective to be accepted as God who knows what is true, right, and correct. Simone Weil wrote:

In "Sketch of Contemporary Social Life" (1934), Simone Weil develops the theme of collectivism as the trajectory of modern culture.
Never has the individual been so completely delivered up to a blind collectivity, and never have men been so less capable, not only of subordinating their actions to their thoughts, but even of thinking.
I prefer to retain my awareness of the hypocritical results of the human condition which are not at all God like.

Post by Age »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:47 am
Age wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:24 am

Another vote for the Great Beast or the grand collective to be accepted as God who knows what is true, right, and correct. Simone Weil wrote:

In "Sketch of Contemporary Social Life" (1934), Simone Weil develops the theme of collectivism as the trajectory of modern culture.
Never has the individual been so completely delivered up to a blind collectivity, and never have men been so less capable, not only of subordinating their actions to their thoughts, but even of thinking.
I prefer to retain my awareness of the hypocritical results of the human condition which are not at all God like.
What is NOT at all God like, is the very thing you are doing, that is; BELIEVING that there is some human condition.

Tell us what this 'human condition' IS exactly?

What does the word 'condition' mean?

Does it mean that whatever is in relation to the word 'condition' then that is something like the essential part of that thing? For example, is the 'human condition' that part what is essentially 'human'?

If yes, then carry on with ALL you KNOW.

And if you REALLY WANT to then, then I can and would EXPLAIN in as much detail as you would like HOW to RESOLVE any "issue" or "problem" that 'you', as a human being, SEE and PERCEIVE there to be.

It REALLY IS this SIMPLE.

I am God, and IF you Truly do WANT absolutely ANY RESOLVED then just ask Me and I will SHOW 'you' HOW 'you' can RESOLVE it for and by "yourself". After thee I, which IS God, is the EXACT SAME 'I' within EVERY human being.

You can twist and turn, going around this and that, looking from "simone" as though that one is God, and KNOWS ALL things, or 'you' can just move straight-forward, LOOKING AT 'you' ONLY and RESOLVING absolutely ANY and ALL-OF-THIS, that is; If that is your True DESIRE to do so.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

We need to retain the "us versus them mentality".

There are bad people no doubt not their fault they are bad. We don't want to do what bad people do or believe as bad people believe. We ought not to identify with people who do bad things. We ought to identify with people who do good things. It's impossible to live a good life and believe all cultures of belief and practice are equally good.

Nick quoted Simone Weil: Never has the individual been so completely delivered up to a blind collectivity, and never have men been so less capable, not only of subordinating their actions to their thoughts, but even of thinking.

I don't know if Simone was referring to a certain historical event( such as the rise of fascism). However it's clear that the influence of the "blind collectivity" is evil like absence of good is evil. It's important that men struggle to seek the good and identify with the good, not with the "blind collectivity".

Post by Age »

Belinda wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:50 pm We need to retain the "us versus them mentality".
There are bad people no doubt not their fault they are bad.

How can 'you' logically and reasonably POSSIBLY distinguish between so called "bad" people from those that 'you' call "good" people?
Belinda wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:50 pmWe don't want to do what bad people do or believe as bad people believe.
What do these so called "bad" people do and believe?
Belinda wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:50 pmWe ought not to identify with people who do bad things.
Do 'you' KNOW of an adult human being who does not do bad things?

If yes, then who are they? And how many of them are there?
Belinda wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:50 pm We ought to identify with people who do good things.
Will you provide any examples?
Belinda wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:50 pm It's impossible to live a good life and believe all cultures of belief and practice are equally good.
Is there a human being that believes such a thing?
Belinda wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:50 pmNick quoted Simone Weil: Never has the individual been so completely delivered up to a blind collectivity, and never have men been so less capable, not only of subordinating their actions to their thoughts, but even of thinking.

I don't know if Simone was referring to a certain historical event( such as the rise of fascism). However it's clear that the influence of the "blind collectivity" is evil like absence of good is evil. It's important that men struggle to seek the good and identify with the good, not with the "blind collectivity".
Is it important for women to do this also, or is it just important that men "struggle" ...?