We have been here before

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

We have been here before

Post by bahman »

We all experienced Deja Vu. What we experience resides in our minds, the mind is the essence of any being with the ability to experience, decide and cause. Therefore, we have been here, in this universe, before. Moreover, it is very unlikely that we do the same thing in different lives. Therefore we have been here a huge amount of times. The universe is however subjected to the change, meaning that it is very unlikely that we have two similar instances. Therefore, the universe is either cyclical and finite or infinite.
commonsense

Re: We have been here before

Post by commonsense »

bahman wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:58 pm We all experienced Deja Vu. What we experience resides in our minds, the mind is the essence of any being with the ability to experience, decide and cause. Therefore, we have been here, in this universe, before. Moreover, it is very unlikely that we do the same thing in different lives. Therefore we have been here a huge amount of times. The universe is however subjected to the change, meaning that it is very unlikely that we have two similar instances. Therefore, the universe is either cyclical and finite or infinite.
But because time is an artifact of sorts, the universe is neither cyclical nor infinite. We are simply bringing into our awareness the same frame or instance more than once.
roydop

Post by roydop »

bahman wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:58 pm We all experienced Deja Vu. What we experience resides in our minds, the mind is the essence of any being with the ability to experience, decide and cause. Therefore, we have been here, in this universe, before. Moreover, it is very unlikely that we do the same thing in different lives. Therefore we have been here a huge amount of times. The universe is however subjected to the change, meaning that it is very unlikely that we have two similar instances. Therefore, the universe is either cyclical and finite or infinite.
We are trapped in a time-loop, yup.

To escape, abide in thought free Awareness. The interior monologue must be transcended in order to be freed from the next cycle.

www.onesteppath.com
bahman

Post by bahman »

roydop wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:03 pm

To escape, abide in thought free Awareness.
I can go to the state of free awareness whenever I want. How that could possibly release us?

roydop wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:03 pm The interior monologue must be transcended in order to be freed from the next cycle.
How I can do that?
roydop wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:03 pm www.onesteppath.com
Thanks for the link.
bahman

Post by bahman »

commonsense wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:42 pm
But because time is an artifact of sorts, the universe is neither cyclical nor infinite.
Time is real.
commonsense wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:42 pm We are simply bringing into our awareness the same frame or instance more than once.
Where does the feeling I have seen this in the past come from?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

the previous night's dreams...

-Imp
roydop

Post by roydop »

bahman wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:46 pm
roydop wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:03 pm

To escape, abide in thought free Awareness.
I can go to the state of free awareness whenever I want. How that could possibly release us?

roydop wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:03 pm The interior monologue must be transcended in order to be freed from the next cycle.
How I can do that?
roydop wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:03 pm www.onesteppath.com
Thanks for the link.
You can abide in effortless thought free Awareness? 'Cause that's the way to escape. Liberation is unintermittent Self Awareness.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Time is an artifact, time is imaginary. Time is a construct created by humans in order to comprehend change. I say this because there’s no reason that more than one change can’t happen together.

Suppose, for argument’s sake, that I speak just one syllable. A sound emanates from my vocal chords while air makes the chords vibrate and the tongue, lips and facial muscles are configured in a specific arrangement while simultaneously some molecules of oxygen are being taken up by my lungs and some amount of blood Is being pushed by a heartbeat, just to name a few of the changes that can take place together.

Unless there’s a limit to the number of changes that can occur together, all change could happen at once. If a lot of changes, or all change, happened at once, the experience would be confusing or incomprehensible to humans.

Change must be split into manageable sequences in order for us to understand our experiences. If we could not artificially create time, our experiences would be chaos.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

from an earlier thread:
bahman wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:48 pm
Waiting is something real. We know what is short, long waiting is. This means that we experience something that makes waiting meaningful to us. That thing is psychological time. What could be otherwise?
What is psychological time other than time artificially created by the psyche?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Where does the feeling I have seen this in the past come from?
The feeling comes from seeing again, in the same instant.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Another quote from Do you experience time when there is no change?
Age wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:02 am
Also, there is no actual thing as 'time', let alone a 'psychological time'. But there is obviously a constant change occurring ALWAYS.

If there was no change, then there would not be anything to observe, obviously, including any perception of what is known generally as "time", itself.

The name 'time' is just a human being made up label, which is used when referencing between two points in the one constantly changing event called Existence.
bahman

Post by bahman »

commonsense wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:04 pm from an earlier thread:
Waiting is something real. We know what is short, long waiting is. This means that we experience something that makes waiting meaningful to us. That thing is psychological time. What could be otherwise?
Can't you experience waiting?
bahman

Post by bahman »

commonsense wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:56 pm Time is an artifact, time is imaginary. Time is a construct created by humans in order to comprehend change. I say this because there’s no reason that more than one change can’t happen together.

Suppose, for argument’s sake, that I speak just one syllable. A sound emanates from my vocal chords while air makes the chords vibrate and the tongue, lips and facial muscles are configured in a specific arrangement while simultaneously some molecules of oxygen are being taken up by my lungs and some amount of blood Is being pushed by a heartbeat, just to name a few of the changes that can take place together.

Unless there’s a limit to the number of changes that can occur together, all change could happen at once. If a lot of changes, or all change, happened at once, the experience would be confusing or incomprehensible to humans.

Change must be split into manageable sequences in order for us to understand our experiences. If we could not artificially create time, our experiences would be chaos.
Time is a substance and it is real. It curves according to general relativity.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

bahman wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:51 pm
commonsense wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:04 pm from an earlier thread:
Can't you experience waiting?
If I do, then I experience a real and meaningful thing—per you—which is called psychological time.

Psychological refers to something in the mind of a person. Psychological time, therefore, isn’t real. Psychological time is conjured up by the psyche of a person.

If psychological time is imagined in the mind, it still remains to be seen whether time exists in reality or not.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

bahman wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:52 pm
commonsense wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:56 pm Time is an artifact, time is imaginary. Time is a construct created by humans in order to comprehend change. I say this because there’s no reason that more than one change can’t happen together.

Time is a substance and it is real. It curves according to general relativity.
If time is a substance, it must be possible to measure its mass. It is not.

If time curves, it must be able to travel in a circle, including a circle of no diameter. A single point is a circle of no diameter. Time—an invention without substance—is a single point.
Last edited by commonsense on Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.