Your smart phones are watching you.

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Your smart phones are watching you.

Post by Dontaskme »

As you look at your smart phone or tv .. simultaneously in the instantaneous contact, your smart phone or tv is looking at you.

Same applies to the natural world, as you look upon the world, the world is looking at you in the exact same instant.

There is no separation between the seer and the seen.

Reality or existence or whatever you want to call it, is an automatic self-sustaining sensory feedback loop upon itself ONLY.

ThE holographic simulation reality THEORY is true. Ironically a simulation has no access to truth, it is the truth.

And language aka knowledge informs the illusory nature of this reality as being holographically hollow to the core.

Dontaskme

Re: Your smart phones are watching you.

Post by Dontaskme »

''A faithful witness will not lie: but a false witness will utter lies.
Proverbs14:5

1984 Make Orwell fiction again.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:07 am As you look at your smart phone or tv .. simultaneously in the instantaneous contact, your smart phone or tv is looking at you.
So called "smart" televisions might be able to do this, but I doubt very much that every television can do this.

How does any television look at you?
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:07 amSame applies to the natural world, as you look upon the world, the world is looking at you in the exact same instant.
How do trees look at 'you'?

How does a block of concrete look at 'you'?

In fact how do 'you' look at 'you'?

What do you SEE? What is the 'you' actually made up of? How is it even possible to SEE 'that', which is essentially not even visible?

By the way, ALL-OF-THIS can be explained AND understood in and with WORDS very simply AND very easily.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:07 amThere is no separation between the seer and the seen.
There is NO actual separation ANYWHERE. So, WHY state what IS just an OBVIOUS FACT anyway?

So, this may well be True and a FACT. BUT explain HOW?

Explain just HOW there is NO actual separation, then 'you' might get listened to a bit more?

Once again this is just another very simple and easy thing to explain and have understood.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:07 amReality or existence or whatever you want to call it, is an automatic self-sustaining sensory feedback loop upon itself ONLY.
Is that ALL It IS, yet not one of 'you', human beings, are able to explain this in very simple and easy to understand terms.

WHY is this SO?
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:07 amThE holographic simulation reality THEORY is true.
WHY then is it still only just a "THEORY"?
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:07 am Ironically a simulation has no access to truth, it is the truth.
Yet 'you' insist we are ALL in a simulation, so HOW did 'you' supposedly gain access to this supposed truth?

Also, WHY the constant FEAR of going into another supposed simulation if 'you' are IN a simulation now anyway?
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:07 amAnd language aka knowledge informs the illusory nature of this reality as being holographically hollow to the core.

Yet 'you' BELIEVE 'you' HAVE and KNOW thee ANSWERS, correct?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

A few years back, I har a little Nokia cell phone. I ran that thing into the ground. Anyway, it was a little silver oblong with a little screen and little buttons in front, and the name NOKIA plastered right above the screen. As time passed, and the phone began to show signs of wear, the NOKIA above the screen began to wear away and what looked to be a camera lens was underneath.

This was a cut-rate phone with no bells & whistles, no special features, and -- according to the little owner's manual -- no built- in camera.

But there it was: a camera...not mentioned in any of the associated literature...hidden under the company name...facing the phone user.

After discovering the camera, and right up to the point I retired it, I turned it off when not using it, I pulled the battery daily and reseated it, and I always laid it down face-first. I didn't think I was bein' surveilled through my phone, but -- just in case I was -- I didn't want it to be easy.

Today: I have another crappy cut-rate model, and I do the same surveillance stymying things with it that I did with the other.

So: yeah, smart phones, TVs, dishwashers, showerheads, radios, dog collars, the chip in Roy's head, veg's vibrator, spare tires, and on and on, all of em', watchin' (you sleep, eat, shower, shit, fuck, jack/jill off, etc.).
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:05 pm A few years back, I har a little Nokia cell phone. I ran that thing into the ground. Anyway, it was a little silver oblong with a little screen and little buttons in front, and the name NOKIA plastered right above the screen. As time passed, and the phone began to show signs of wear, the NOKIA above the screen began to wear away and what looked to be a camera lens was underneath.

This was a cut-rate phone with no bells & whistles, no special features, and -- according to the little owner's manual -- no built- in camera.

But there it was: a camera...not mentioned in any of the associated literature...hidden under the company name...facing the phone user.

After discovering the camera, and right up to the point I retired it, I turned it off when not using it, I pulled the battery daily and reseated it, and I always laid it down face-first. I didn't think I was bein' surveilled through my phone, but -- just in case I was -- I didn't want it to be easy.

Today: I have another crappy cut-rate model, and I do the same surveillance stymying things with it that I did with the other.

So: yeah, smart phones, TVs, dishwashers, showerheads, radios, dog collars, the chip in Roy's head, veg's vibrator, spare tires, and on and on, all of em', watchin' (you sleep, eat, shower, shit, fuck, jack/jill off, etc.).

I guess you didn't quite get it.

Allow me to put it another way....''If you gaze into an abyss long enough, the abyss will gaze back into you.''

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:40 am
henry quirk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:05 pm A few years back, I har a little Nokia cell phone. I ran that thing into the ground. Anyway, it was a little silver oblong with a little screen and little buttons in front, and the name NOKIA plastered right above the screen. As time passed, and the phone began to show signs of wear, the NOKIA above the screen began to wear away and what looked to be a camera lens was underneath.

Allow me to put it another way....''If you gaze into an abyss long enough, the abyss will gaze back into you.''

Or, in another easier way, the 'I' is just looking at Its Self, which, in a simpler way, is just the Mind's Eye seeing Everything, Itself.
henry quirk

DAM

Post by henry quirk »

No, I got it. I just thought your take was boring, so I twisted things to make 'em spicy.

You're welcome.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Here's a link to Snowden explaining how smartphones are spying on you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFns39RXPrU
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

HexHammer wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:09 pm Here's a link to Snowden explaining how smartphones are spying on you.

Thanks for this..nice find.

I'm so glad I've never had a smart phone.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Do you pay for everything in cash, do you not use a bank card or have a bank account, get paid in cash, etc, etc. If not then you are being spied upon. In fact just using this site or a computer means you are being spied upon if wished.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:43 am Do you pay for everything in cash, do you not use a bank card or have a bank account, get paid in cash, etc, etc. If not then you are being spied upon. In fact just using this site or a computer means you are being spied upon if wished.
I understand that any thing connected to the electronic world including the internet has the capacity to spy.

My personal belief is that the universe is electric and works as an alternating current as a feedback loop upon itself.

The internet was just the beginning of the big bang singularity that has already occured but is now replaying as and through the spacetime continuum through the body / mind mechanism.

The reason I have no smart phone is through personal choice to just not want one. I have no need for one, and would hate the intrusiveness of them if I did have one.

I have an ipad though, but that's a different device all together, it's not as instrusive.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

The only difference between an ipad and a smartphone is the ipad generally doesn't have a phone chip to use the mobile networks but if you're connected to the internet in any way then it has exactly the same ability to spy on you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:31 pm The only difference between an ipad and a smartphone is the ipad generally doesn't have a phone chip to use the mobile networks but if you're connected to the internet in any way then it has exactly the same ability to spy on you.
Yes I agree.

I'm not at all bothered about being spied upon because I keep my nose clean anyway, so I have nothing to hide.

But I choose not to have a smartphone because I'm a lover of personal physical solitude. If I need others I can always find a way to contact them because of the technological world we live in today.

I choose to post on this forum because it is my passion and hobby to talk about the nondual reality in which we all live.
Also, cyber space frees us from having to be in close proximity to others, which suits me better.

Ramu

Post by Ramu »

HexHammer wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:09 pm Here's a link to Snowden explaining how smartphones are spying on you.

It's quite funny how you all pretty much miss DAM's point. No your phone isn't surveilling you. She's basically saying there is no separation and no subject/object distinction. One must understand that non duality is a highly nuanced thing, which most people STUCK in the Materialist Paradigm will never understand. There is no you...and no brain that "represents" you. There is only Divine Being...no brains...no objects and no distinctions from the Absolute perspective. There is just One Being. Only ONE (no) Thing exists. It is all alone and it is YOU. Of course this takes YEARS of Self-Inquiry and Contemplation to understand, yet enlightenment is attainable. The degree to which one can understand this is inversely proportional to one's identification with their Culture. The reason most of you think the existence of Yourself as the One Being is a crock of shit is because your Culture tells you so. I mean don't bother finding this stuff out for yourself...i guess it's easier to be a Pop Culture Sychophant than to explore on one's own.
henry quirk

Ramu

Post by henry quirk »

"It's quite funny how you all pretty much miss DAM's point."

As I say up-thread: I got it. I just thought her take was boring, so I twisted things to make 'em spicy.

#

"No your phone isn't surveilling you."

Yes, it is (or would be if I didn't take steps).