Can a man really turn into a woman?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Can a man really turn into a woman?

Gender is fluid, mutable, interchangeable, just a social construct (yes).
22%
Gender is fixed, immutable, not subject to change, sumthin' concretely intrinsic to the person (no).
78%

Total votes: 9

gaffo

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:28 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:30 pm
Dachshund wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:13 pm

Going bald just means you're really clever, Gaffo. It happened because your brain grew so big that it pushed all of your hair out. :D

PS: I'll tell you an ancient medicinal remedy for growing back your hair that I learned from an aboriginal tribal elder.(1) Get a pot and do a poo in it, then(2) add in 6 addled duck eggs and a handful of desert sand. Now (3) mix up the poo and eggs and sand into a thick paste and apply the paste to your bald head. (4) Next put a tight woollen ski mask on to keep the paste firmly pressed in place on your scalp. Finally (5) lock yourself in a small dark room for 7 days and nights,( abstain from any masturbating !), and hum the mantra Oooooom Ommmm Ommmmmm continually. At the end of the week you will have you hair back !!!!

Dachshund
I don't strive to be clever (one upmanship).

only to be more wise that i was yesterday.

Wisdom is my goal, nothing else, i do not give 2 shits about being clever.
The idiot quoted the wrong person anyway :roll:
lol, i noted that, but am was/am to drunk to point it out in earlier post.

glad you noted it though!
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:28 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:30 pm
Dachshund wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:13 pm

Going bald just means you're really clever, Gaffo. It happened because your brain grew so big that it pushed all of your hair out. :D

PS: I'll tell you an ancient medicinal remedy for growing back your hair that I learned from an aboriginal tribal elder.(1) Get a pot and do a poo in it, then(2) add in 6 addled duck eggs and a handful of desert sand. Now (3) mix up the poo and eggs and sand into a thick paste and apply the paste to your bald head. (4) Next put a tight woollen ski mask on to keep the paste firmly pressed in place on your scalp. Finally (5) lock yourself in a small dark room for 7 days and nights,( abstain from any masturbating !), and hum the mantra Oooooom Ommmm Ommmmmm continually. At the end of the week you will have you hair back !!!!

Dachshund
I don't strive to be clever (one upmanship).

only to be more wise that i was yesterday.

Wisdom is my goal, nothing else, i do not give 2 shits about being clever.
The idiot quoted the wrong person anyway :roll:
12? noon *sunday"- (tomorrow WRT to me) in your land i think, noting the time via one of my "internet radio" - both tabletop radio and via my car via tune-in and andoid auto (Radioactive.com) radio station i listen to.
SpheresOfBalance

Re: SoB

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:46 pm "It's not a black and white issue."

Yes, it is. Men can pretend to be, or be deluded and think they are, women, but cannot actually become women. Women can pretend to be, or be deluded and think they are, men, but cannot actually become men.
HQ, It's a fact that Physiology and Biochemistry are certainly lost on you! But I'll defend your right to be ignorant to my last breath!
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:19 pm

Yes, it is. Men can pretend to be, or be deluded and think they are, women, but cannot actually become women. Women can pretend to be, or be deluded and think they are, men, but cannot actually become men.
HQ, It's a fact that Physiology and Biochemistry are certainly lost on you! But I'll defend your right to be ignorant to my last breath!
Explain how a man can actually turn into a woman. And, no, hormonal and surgical finagling doesn't count. If Albert has surgeries to reshape his body so that it approximates the appearance of a cat, has Albert turned into a cat? No, he just mutilated himself. If Lucinda, a black woman, bleaches her skin so that she appears caucasian has she turned herself into a white woman? No, she just mutilated herself. When Bruce Jenner declared himself 'woman' then embarked on his hormonal/surgical quest to affect the appearance of 'woman', did he actually become a woman? No, he just mutilated himself.

Albert can pretend to be a cat, but he is not a cat.

Lucinda can pretend to be a white woman, but she is not a white woman.

Bruce can pretend to be a woman, but he is not a woman.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:55 pm Explain how a man can actually turn into a woman.
Well, call "man" the "launchpad gender," (LG) because it's the place the guy wants to leave.

Call "woman" the "target gender," (TG) because it's the thing to which he hopes to go.

Are the LG and TG real? Or are they not?

For sure, whatever is true of the LG is also true of the TG, in regard to their reality. If there is such a thing as "stopping being a man," then there is such a thing as "starting being a woman." If there is no such thing as "starting to be, or becoming a woman," then there's no such thing as "stopping being a man." Man and woman are either real, objective things, or they're not.

So far, so good?

But if the LG is not objectively real, then neither is the TG. And if the TG is real, then so is the LG. And either way, it is not possible for a man to become a woman genuinely. Why? Because if the former is true, then he is wanting to become nothing objectively real. :shock: If the latter is true, then he is objectively male, not merely subjectively feeling male. :shock:

If LG's are a real, objective thing (which they must be, if we say he has any predicament we must recognize), then he has a predicament...but it's only that he's failed to grasp reality.

If the LG is not a real, objective thing (which we have to believe, if we want to think it's even possible for him to change to the TG), then the TG itself is not objectively real, and again, he's failed to grasp what's really possible.

Either way, trans-people are simply mentally ill, and are not in touch with reality. A compassionate, humane response, then, involves therapy -- helping them to get back to reality, not "normalizing" their illness in order to preen ourselves as "understanding," "sympathetic," "liberal" and "tolerant," all the while increasing and perpetuating their suffering in order to congratulate ourselves on how "open-minded" we are.

P.S. -- Interestingly, recent cases have appeared that illustrate how "transgenderism" can be used by predatory males to exploit females. In athletics, women's privacy in businesses, bathrooms and changing areas, and now in women's prisons, predatory men are using the excuse, "I'm transgender" to gain access to vulnerable women, so as to victimize them. Where are the women's rights advocates now? They're all off somewhere, preening themselves on their "open-mindedness," while their "sisters" are being abused by the worst kinds of men. And they're saying nothing, because they don't want to lose their personal patina of "progressiveness."
SpheresOfBalance

henry quirk wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:55 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:19 pm

Explain how a man can actually turn into a woman. And, no, hormonal and surgical finagling doesn't count. If Albert has surgeries to reshape his body so that it approximates the appearance of a cat, has Albert turned into a cat? No, he just mutilated himself. If Lucinda, a black woman, bleaches her skin so that she appears caucasian has she turned herself into a white woman? No, she just mutilated herself. When Bruce Jenner declared himself 'woman' then embarked on his hormonal/surgical quest to affect the appearance of 'woman', did he actually become a woman? No, he just mutilated himself.

Albert can pretend to be a cat, but he is not a cat.

Lucinda can pretend to be a white woman, but she is not a white woman.

Bruce can pretend to be a woman, but he is not a woman.
hermaphrodite [ hur-maf-ruh-dahyt ]
noun
an individual in which reproductive organs of both sexes are present.Compare pseudohermaphrodite.
Biology. an organism, as an earthworm or plant, having normally both the male and female organs of generation.
a person or thing in which two opposite qualities are combined.

pseudohermaphrodite [ soo-doh-hur-maf-ruh-dahyt ]
noun
an individual having internal reproductive organs of one sex and external sexual characteristics resembling those of the other sex or being ambiguous in nature.Compare hermaphrodite(def 1).

In biology, a hermaphrodite (/hɜːrˈmæfrədaɪt/) is an organism that has complete or partial reproductive organs and produces gametes normally associated with both male and female sexes.[1]

Hermaphrodite: Humans
"Hermaphrodite is used in older literature to describe any person whose physical characteristics do not neatly fit male or female classifications, but some people advocate to replace the term with intersex.[26][27]"

"Clinically, medicine currently describes intersex people as having disorders of sex development, a term vigorously contested.[28][29]"

Gender Identity
"Core gender identity is usually formed by age three.[7][8] After age three, it is extremely difficult to change,[7] and attempts to reassign it can result in gender dysphoria.[9] Both biological and social factors have been suggested to influence its formation."

"Although the formation of gender identity is not completely understood, many factors have been suggested as influencing its development."

So HQ, lets say that a human is born with a complete set of both male and female sex organs, which are they, male or female?

Is it their sex organs that make them either Male or Female or their mental Gender Identity?
Last edited by SpheresOfBalance on Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

Mannie

Post by henry quirk »

:thumbsup:
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

hermaphrodite: nuthin' but a deviation from the baseline; aberration; biological abnormality in a minority

pseudohermaphrodite: nuthin' but a deviation from the baseline; aberration; biological abnormality in a minority

#

"Core gender identity is usually formed by age three.[7][8] After age three, it is extremely difficult to change,[7] and attempts to reassign it can result in gender dysphoria.[9] Both biological and social factors have been suggested to influence its formation."

If gender identity is at odds with biologic reality then there is a disorder of thinkin' which ought be addressed in cognitive therapy, not an operatin' room.

#

"So HQ, lets say that a human is born with a complete set of both male and female sex organs, which are they, male or female?"

What chromosome pair (XX or XY) are they carryin'? That's where you ought to start lookin' for your answer.
SpheresOfBalance

henry quirk wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:47 pm hermaphrodite: nuthin' but a deviation from the baseline; aberration; biological abnormality in a minority

pseudohermaphrodite: nuthin' but a deviation from the baseline; aberration; biological abnormality in a minority

#

If gender identity is at odds with biologic reality then there is a disorder of thinkin' which ought be addressed in cognitive therapy, not an operatin' room.

#

"So HQ, lets say that a human is born with a complete set of both male and female sex organs, which are they, male or female?"

What chromosome pair (XX or XY) are they carryin'? That's where you ought to start lookin' for your answer.
All the questions were rhetorical. On this subject I certainly wasn't looking for answers from you. Nothing personal, but you're currently incapable, as evidenced by your responses above.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

"All the questions were rhetorical."

I don't buy that.

#

"On this subject I certainly wasn't looking for answers from you."

Yeah, you were.

#

"you're currently incapable, as evidenced by your responses above."

My responses were, are, spot on. Refute them.

And: here's where all this transgender nonsense has got us: https://pjmedia.com/trending/jessica-ya ... ical-male/
SpheresOfBalance

henry quirk wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:21 pm "All the questions were rhetorical."

I don't buy that.
#
HQ, you can buy want ever you want! And you probably always will.

"On this subject I certainly wasn't looking for answers from you."

Yeah, you were.
#
Whatever makes you feel good HQ!

"you're currently incapable, as evidenced by your responses above."

My responses were, are, spot on. Refute them.

Don't care to. I don't need to defend my knowledge, it's all inclusive. Even you!

And: here's where all this transgender nonsense has got us: https://pjmedia.com/trending/jessica-ya ... ical-male/
Us and Them
Pink Floyd

Us (us, us, us, us) and them (them, them, them, them)
And after all we're only ordinary men
Me
And you (you, you, you)
God only knows
It's not what we would choose (choose, choose) to do (to do, to do)

Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat
And the lines on the map
Moved from side to side

Black (black, black, black)
And blue (blue, blue)
And who knows which is which and who is who
Up (up, up, up, up)
And down (down, down, down, down)
And in the end it's only round 'n round (round, round, round)

Haven't you heard it's a battle of words
The poster bearer cried
"Listen son", said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside

"I mean, they're not gonna kill ya
So if you give 'em a quick short, sharp, shock
They won't do it again. Dig it?
I mean he get off lightly, 'cause I would've given him a thrashing
I only hit him once! It was only a difference of opinion, but really
I mean good manners don't cost nothing do they, eh?"

Down (down, down, down, down)
And out (out, out, out, out)
It can't be helped that there's a lot of it about
With (with, with, with), without
And who'll deny it's what the fighting's all about?

Out of the way
It's a busy day
I've got things on my mind
For the want of the price
Of tea and a slice
The old man died
henry quirk

sob

Post by henry quirk »

Don't care to.
as you like
SpheresOfBalance

It all depends on what criterion one decides is the determining factor to be considered either male or female. Which is to ask, "is it physical, mental or both determinism?"
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:31 pm It all depends on what criterion one decides is the determining factor to be considered either male or female. Which is to ask, "is it physical, mental or both determinism?"
I assume you're bein' rhetorical again and not lookin' for responses (least of all from me), yeah?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:31 pm It all depends on what criterion one decides is the determining factor to be considered either male or female. Which is to ask, "is it physical, mental or both determinism?"
If being male/female is a real, objective, stable thing -- no matter what "factor" one pegs -- then one cannot simply move from one to the other without defying objective, stable reality.

If being male/female is not an objective, stable thing, but is imaginary, socially-constructed, subjective or otherwise less than objectively real, then one can move from one to the other completely fluidly, just by changing one's mind, one's society's opinion, or one's subjectivity -- but then, there is no NEED to move at all, because there's really no difference. Both are just imaginary constructs. There is no objective, stable reality either to the gender one is leaving or the one at which one hopes to arrive.

Either way, transgenderism's an illusion. Or more precisely, a delusion.