I'm a Theist

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

BardoXV

I'm a Theist

Post by BardoXV »

More specifically a Lutheran but I listen to a lot of Atheist programs and call-in shows. Mostly I agree with the Atheist as they demolish the Theist who tries to prove the existence of God. I look at the old testament as parabel since Jesus had to learn the practice somewhere.
henry quirk

Re: I'm a Theist

Post by henry quirk »

BardoXV wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:43 pm More specifically a Lutheran but I listen to a lot of Atheist programs and call-in shows. Mostly I agree with the Atheist as they demolish the Theist who tries to prove the existence of God. I look at the old testament as parabel since Jesus had to learn the practice somewhere.
I'm a deist, doc, so: I don't have to listen to anybody... 8)
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

BardoXV wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:43 pm More specifically a Lutheran but I listen to a lot of Atheist programs and call-in shows. Mostly I agree with the Atheist as they demolish the Theist who tries to prove the existence of God. I look at the old testament as parabel since Jesus had to learn the practice somewhere.
So do you still believe God exists as real?

Post by Age »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:24 am
Could God exist as NOT real?
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Age wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:28 am
So real like the God of Herbert Mullin's who obeyed his very real God to kill 13 people?

Herbert Mullin's God
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27867

Post by Age »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:00 am
Age wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:28 am
So real like the God of Herbert Mullin's who obeyed his very real God to kill 13 people?

Herbert Mullin's God
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27867
Either answer the actual question asked, or do not. Deflecting does nothing for me.

If no, then there is NO use adding the words 'as real' after you use the words 'God exists'.

If yes, then HOW?

Post by Age »

But proving God exists is FAR easier and far simpler than proving God does not exist.

The reason WHY the so called "atheist" demolish the so called "theist", who 'tries to' prove the existence of God, is because the perspective from the so called "atheist" they have NO real concept of what God actually IS yet.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

BardoXV wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:43 pmI'm a Theist
The I cannot be a Theist. The I can only know 'theist' as a concept OF I - but not be I - as I cannot be the concept I know.

No ''theist'' has ever been seen, only KNOWN.

The seer of the known is I and I cannot be the known for the known know and see no thing but I

BardoXV

Post by BardoXV »

I believe that God exists, beyond that there is very little that I can say for sure.
BardoXV

Post by BardoXV »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:18 am
BardoXV wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:43 pmI'm a Theist
The I cannot be a Theist. The I can only know 'theist' as a concept OF I - but not be I - as I cannot be the concept I know.

No ''theist'' has ever been seen, only KNOWN.

The seer of the known is I and I cannot be the known for the known know and see no thing but I

Interesting ideas.
BardoXV

Post by BardoXV »

Age wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:08 am
But proving God exists is FAR easier and far simpler than proving God does not exist.

The reason WHY the so called "atheist" demolish the so called "theist", who 'tries to' prove the existence of God, is because the perspective from the so called "atheist" they have NO real concept of what God actually IS yet.
Most Theists fail at trying to prove God's existence, How could an Atheist have a concept of God if they don't believe in Gods existence?
Why do you use the term "so called Atheist"?
Most Atheists use logic to determine that they have no proof of God's existence but since when does God or the Universe follow Human rules of logic?
BardoXV

Post by BardoXV »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:42 pm I'm a deist, doc, so: I don't have to listen to anybody... 8)
You still listen to yourself and I think you are not Nobody.
BardoXV

Post by BardoXV »

I believe that God exists, but I don't know in what form.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

BardoXV wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:24 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:42 pm I'm a deist, doc, so: I don't have to listen to anybody... 8)
You still listen to yourself and I think you are not Nobody.
Yeah, but I trust me.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

BardoXV wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:26 pm
I believe that God exists, but I don't know in what form.
If I may suggest a form: Crom, he ain't never let me down (but, then he ain't done jack for me either).