The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:59 pm
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:50 pm
Once again, 'you' quickly twisted this around.

Aww, diddums, I twisted it around, just like you twist what ever I say around too.

Lets twist again, like we did last summer...twisting, twisting, twisting the night away.

What have you said which I have supposedly twisted around?
Dontaskme

Re: The problem with religious critique, logic, reasons, truth-seeking, argumentation, and debate.

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:50 pmOkay, BUT this is NOT what 'I' was talking about at all.

Did you MISS what was going on here?
Did you MISS what was going on here. I don't care what you are talking about, I'm talking about what I am talking about because that's what I enjoy talking about. I don't give a toss what you are talking about, because you will NEVER be my reality, I can never know you, so why do you think I would be interested in you that I can never know.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:28 pm

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:28 pmWhat have you said which I have supposedly twisted around?
I have no idea what you are talking about. What have I said which according to you I have supposedly twisted around what you said that I have no idea about what you have said?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:55 pm
Also, NO acknowledgement NOR reply to my questions regarding 'you' saying 'you' enjoy talking to and about some thing, which 'you' also, contradictory, say does NOT exist.

The truth self doesn't ask questions, questions can only pertain to a false self.
Now this is one of the greatest "self-justifications" that I have heard.

Thee True Self asks 'you', false selfs, questions to gauge just how much 'you' actually KNOW or not.

Thee True Self also asks questions to 'you', false selfs, to SEE how OPEN and Honest or NOT you REALLY ARE.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:02 pmThat's why you bore me with your constant need to ask questions and have them clarified.
I do NOT care if I bore 'you' or not.

HOW 'you' respond or how 'you' do not respond is what I am SEEKING, LOOKING AT, and really CONCERNED about.

The reason 'you', human beings, are still NOT living in peace and harmony, when this is written is because of what 'you' say and tell 'yourselves' and what 'you' do not say and tell 'yourselves'.

To learn how to communicate with 'you', human beings, better, then I NEED to gauge where and when 'you' respond, and do not respond.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:02 pmI've told you I'm not interested in more more more unlike YOU :shock:
This is because 'you' are stuck, stuck, stuck, in your OWN BELIEFS and ASSUMPTIONS of what is true and right.

If you can NOT back up what you claim, then that is no big deal. That is just thee Truth of things.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:26 pmI was only going on what you told me earlier. You even said that you enjoyed talking to this thing. I was NOT aware that you were going to turn things around so much and completely contradict this by then stating that such a thing does NOT really exist.
I enjoy talking about the nondual self yes, how many more times do you want me to inform you about that?

I enjoy talking about the contradicting nature of the nondual self yes, how many more times do you want me to inform you about that?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:06 pm
Who and/or what is 'IT'?
Now why are you asking me, I thought you said all this is very easy and simple to explain and understand, so now what, have you already forgotten what you said earlier, oh my, this is so amusing.

Just because I KNOW just how simple and easy THIS is to understand and explain, this has NOTHING to do with 'you' using the 'IT' word, and me just asking you a clarifying question about it, to SEE what response you give.

You start off by asking me a question, but because you have NO real interest in knowing "another's" point of view, you carried on with what you have here. If, however, 'you' REALLY WANTED to KNOW why I was asking 'you' the question, then I would have told you. But considering you do NOT really want to know, I will just let you guess.

But what I find really interesting is just HOW 'you' manage to deflect away completely from answering the actual question.

SEE when the readers are to LOOK BACK over our conversations they will SEE that you rarely, if ever, answer the actual question I ask you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:37 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Also, NO acknowledgement NOR reply to my questions regarding 'you' saying 'you' enjoy talking to and about some thing, which 'you' also, contradictory, say does NOT exist.

The truth self doesn't ask questions, questions can only pertain to a false self.
Now this is one of the greatest "self-justifications" that I have heard.

Thee True Self asks 'you', false selfs, questions to gauge just how much 'you' actually KNOW or not.
But like I've already told you umpteen times, I'm not interested in knowing what I already KNOW

How many more times do you want me to inform you of this?
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:37 pmThee True Self also asks questions to 'you', false selfs, to SEE how OPEN and Honest or NOT you REALLY ARE.
Not when that openess is fully dissolved into the ultimate wide open space that it already is, there is no more need to know anymore.
Like I keep saying to you, I already KNOW

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:37 pmI do NOT care if I bore 'you' or not.
And I do not care if you do not care or not that you bore me.
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:37 pmHOW 'you' respond or how 'you' do not respond is what I am SEEKING, LOOKING AT, and really CONCERNED about.
I do not care about your concern, you do not exist in my life, only I exist in my life.
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:37 pmThe reason 'you', human beings, are still NOT living in peace and harmony, when this is written is because of what 'you' say and tell 'yourselves' and what 'you' do not say and tell 'yourselves'.
But this is just your own projected bullshit. You have no idea about how other humans think and feel about themselves. For all you know everyone is living in their own peace and harmony, you simply don't know that.

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:02 pmI've told you I'm not interested in more more more unlike YOU :shock:
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:37 pmThis is because 'you' are stuck, stuck, stuck, in your OWN BELIEFS and ASSUMPTIONS of what is true and right.
You don't actually know that, you are just assuming it. Like I keep repeating this to you, I already KNOW what you are trying to tell me. I'm certainly not stuck as much as you would love to believe and think that is true.
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:37 pmIf you can NOT back up what you claim, then that is no big deal. That is just thee Truth of things.
Again, I'm not claiming anything, so nothing to back up. I've already explained why and how to you this so many times, but you keep forgetting what I've said, and so there is nothing I can do about that, you'll just have to keep believing your own bullshit over and over again and repeating it to yourself until your last breath.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:11 pm
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:05 pm
SHOW where I have, supposedly, written any thing contradictory.
Not until you SHOW where I have, supposedly, written any thing contradictory.
Once again you make a claim, which you will NOT back up, straightaway. Whether you will at all we will have to wait and see.

1. you said you enjoy talking TO some thing. But then you said that thing does not actually exist.

I have shown where you have written a contradiction, so now it is your turn.
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:05 pmRemember it is 'your' contradictions that 'we' are LOOKING AT and 'trying to' work out.
And don't forget yours.
IF you NEVER provide any, then there is NOTHING to LOOK AT, let alone discuss.

We can NOT forget 'that' what has NOT yet even come about, OBVIOUSLY.
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:05 pmIF 'you' provide any that 'I' have made, then 'we' CAN LOOK AT them, as well as work those ones out.
When you provide any that 'I' have made, then maybe we can I suppose.
WHY do we NEED to provide 'yours' FIRST.

Also, have you NOT been reading when I have SHOWN yours ALREADY?
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:05 pmThe speed at which 'you' contradict is Truly amazing.
It's not as fast as the speed of light though is it?
Another deflection.

And another contradiction of YOURS.

2. You tell me to stop contradicting myself but also say that there is no self to contradict itself.
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:05 pmTwo sentences are written;
One states "stop contradicting yourself".
The very next sentence states that it would be no effort to just stop thinking there really is a self that can contradict itself. Implying that there is NO self, which could even contradict its self.

So, from one sentence to the next sentence it is worded "stop contradicting yourself" but "there is NO self to contradict itself".

If there is NO self, then WHY do 'you' ENJOY talking TO and ABOUT a self? And, 'one' which 'you' actually call "thee nondual self"?

And, if there is NO self, then who or what is thee 'you' if it is NOT a self, itself?
I've told you before, there is no self enjoying talking to its no self, are you deaf, why do you keep forgetting what I've said to you?

BECAUSE you change and contradict so often. If I mention one thing, then you say that you said the contradicting thing, but if I am to say that latter one, then you say the former one, and ask the same thing; Why do I keep forgetting what you have said?

If we were to LOOK BACK then I think it will be clear about who EXACTLY is forgetting.

If 'you' use the word 'you', then there is OBVIOUSLY a 'self'. Are 'you' TOTALLY BLIND.

You can say all you want. But each time you contradict and I feel like SHOWING it, then I WILL. Understood.

You SAID, "you enjoy talking to "thee nondual SELF", which means there IS A SELF. But now you say there is NO SELF. Can you NOT see the contradiction?

So, which one is it?

Is there a "nondual self" or is there NO self at all?

Your clarification will be most helpful, for future references.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:46 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:06 pm
Who and/or what is 'IT'?
Now why are you asking me, I thought you said all this is very easy and simple to explain and understand, so now what, have you already forgotten what you said earlier, oh my, this is so amusing.

Just because I KNOW just how simple and easy THIS is to understand and explain, this has NOTHING to do with 'you' using the 'IT' word, and me just asking you a clarifying question about it, to SEE what response you give.
But why care about other responses if you already know all this?
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:46 pmYou start off by asking me a question, but because you have NO real interest in knowing "another's" point of view, you carried on with what you have here.
But how can I ask you a question, if there is no self but self alone, I'm only talking to myself remember?
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:46 pm If, however, 'you' REALLY WANTED to KNOW why I was asking 'you' the question, then I would have told you. But considering you do NOT really want to know, I will just let you guess.
But I don't want to know anything from you, I already KNOW the SELF. So just for the record, I am going to stop using question marks in all my writing because it's obviously causing you to respond.
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:46 pmBut what I find really interesting is just HOW 'you' manage to deflect away completely from answering the actual question.
Then why don't you just stop asking questions to me what I cannot answer for you. Surely only you can answer your own questions about your own self, if not that's like you wanting to wipe your arse for you when you can obviously do that yourself.
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:46 pmSEE when the readers are to LOOK BACK over our conversations they will SEE that you rarely, if ever, answer the actual question I ask you.
That's right they will see it, it's all here in black and white, so what? is the world going to come to an end now?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:31 pm
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:50 pmOkay, BUT this is NOT what 'I' was talking about at all.

Did you MISS what was going on here?
Did you MISS what was going on here. I don't care what you are talking about,
IF you do NOT care what I am talking about, then do NOT claim that you KNOW what I am talking about, and then when challenged you are completely AND utterly incapable of providing any thing at all.

You have now even deflected this to; 'you' do not care what I am talking about'. The contradicting way you behave here is astonishing.

Remember it was 'YOU' who made the claim you KNOW what I am talking about. If you seriously do NOT care what I am talking about, then WHY make such a ridiculous claim that you have, and which you OBVIOUSLY never could substantiate?
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:31 pm I'm talking about what I am talking about because that's what I enjoy talking about.
Which 'we', readers, still have absolutely NO idea what that is because 'you' contradict so quickly AND so often.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:31 pmI don't give a toss what you are talking about, because you will NEVER be my reality, I can never know you, so why do you think I would be interested in you that I can never know.

I have NEVER thought you would be interested in 'me'. In fact 'you' have NEVER shown any thing at all to even consider this as an option. The only thing you have ever shown any interest at all, to me, is 'you' and 'your' BELIEFS.

Have 'you' forgotten that you claimed to ALREADY KNOW what I am 'trying to' say, and I just challenged you on that?

You even claim to KNOW what I am saying about half a dozen times of so. So surely you could not have forgotten already?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:36 pm

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:28 pmWhat have you said which I have supposedly twisted around?
I have no idea what you are talking about. What have I said which according to you I have supposedly twisted around what you said that I have no idea about what you have said?

Another twist AND deflection, by you, AWAY from the issue in question.

You accused me of some thing, but when I challenge you to provide some evidence, then you PRETEND you do not know what is going on now. Or, REALLY you do NOT know.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:41 pm
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:26 pmI was only going on what you told me earlier. You even said that you enjoyed talking to this thing. I was NOT aware that you were going to turn things around so much and completely contradict this by then stating that such a thing does NOT really exist.
I enjoy talking about the nondual self yes, how many more times do you want me to inform you about that?
you said that you enjoy talking TO and ABOUT "thee nondual self". BUT, then you state there is NO self. So, you can inform the readers of any thing as many times as you like but if you continue to contradict like you have been here, then there is NO use asking how many times you have to inform because NO one is going to be able to understand your contradictory words.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:41 pmI enjoy talking about the contradicting nature of the nondual self yes, how many more times do you want me to inform you about that?

You can do inform me of this as many times as you like

You can also keep informing me as many times a you like that although you enjoy talking TO and ABOUT "thee nondual self", "thee nondual self" does NOT even actually exist.

I certainly do NOT care how many times you contradict.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:03 pm Once again you make a claim, which you will NOT back up, straightaway. Whether you will at all we will have to wait and see.
Ok, lets wait and see, not that there will be anything to see. Like I keep saying there is no self to make a claim except the belief, which you say you don't have BELIEFS anyway, so that just about clears up that mess.
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:03 pm1. you said you enjoy talking TO some thing. But then you said that thing does not actually exist.
Nope, I said no such thing.
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:03 pmI have shown where you have written a contradiction, so now it is your turn.
Where is what you have shown...show me.
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:03 pmIF you NEVER provide any, then there is NOTHING to LOOK AT, let alone discuss.

We can NOT forget 'that' what has NOT yet even come about, OBVIOUSLY.
Obviously.
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:03 pmWHY do we NEED to provide 'yours' FIRST.

WHY do we NEED to provide 'yours' FIRST.

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:03 pmAnother deflection.

And another contradiction of YOURS.

2. You tell me to stop contradicting myself but also say that there is no self to contradict itself.
That's right, there is no self to contradict, so stop assuming there is.
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:05 pm BECAUSE you change and contradict so often. If I mention one thing, then you say that you said the contradicting thing, but if I am to say that latter one, then you say the former one, and ask the same thing; Why do I keep forgetting what you have said?

If we were to LOOK BACK then I think it will be clear about who EXACTLY is forgetting.

If 'you' use the word 'you', then there is OBVIOUSLY a 'self'. Are 'you' TOTALLY BLIND.

You can say all you want. But each time you contradict and I feel like SHOWING it, then I WILL. Understood.

You SAID, "you enjoy talking to "thee nondual SELF", which means there IS A SELF. But now you say there is NO SELF. Can you NOT see the contradiction?

So, which one is it?

Is there a "nondual self" or is there NO self at all?

Your clarification will be most helpful, for future references.
You can SHOW me what ever you want. But it make no difference to what I already KNOW which is SELF.

I have no interest in future references for what i already know about SELF.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:14 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:36 pm

Another twist AND deflection, by you, AWAY from the issue in question.

You accused me of some thing, but when I challenge you to provide some evidence, then you PRETEND you do not know what is going on now. Or, REALLY you do NOT know.

I do not have to prove or explain anything to you.

And yes the human being is a pretender, you are right about that.

As for knowing and not knowing what is going on now, I only know what is going on in my life right now. I have no idea what is going on in your life nor do I care or want to.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:20 pm
you said that you enjoy talking TO and ABOUT "thee nondual self".
Yes, that is what I said.
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:20 pmBUT, then you state there is NO self.
That's right, there is no SELF.
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:20 pm So, you can inform the readers of any thing as many times as you like but if you continue to contradict like you have been here, then there is NO use asking how many times you have to inform because NO one is going to be able to understand your contradictory words.
I'm not informing anyone, there's just information appearing on a blank computer screen that no one aka everyone is reading.
Trying to understand that there is nothing to understand is correct. And yes it's contradictory, that's just how it appears, so what.
Age wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:20 pmYou can do inform me of this as many times as you like

You can also keep informing me as many times a you like that although you enjoy talking TO and ABOUT "thee nondual self", "thee nondual self" does NOT even actually exist.

I certainly do NOT care how many times you contradict.
And I do not care that you do not care how many times I do not contradict.