Can a man really turn into a woman?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Can a man really turn into a woman?

Gender is fluid, mutable, interchangeable, just a social construct (yes).
2
22%
Gender is fixed, immutable, not subject to change, sumthin' concretely intrinsic to the person (no).
7
78%
 
Total votes: 9

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 9152
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

gaffo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:54 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:53 am
gaffo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:50 am

one in 500 are XXY or XYY.

so the former may be unsex,

the latter more more male and males of course.
No women have a y chromosome though.
yep.

not sure your point though.

you are fast on the trigger!
And I'm not talking about extremely rare conditions. I mean, some people are born with two heads as well. Or no legs. Or 5 noses......
Skepdick
Posts: 5049
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 am

Re: Skep

Post by Skepdick »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:32 am "If calling somebody "madam" instead of "sir" puts me in their in-group - I'll do it. It is transactionally beneficial to me when people like me."

Well then, if that works for you: keep doin' that.
Pretty much. If adapting your language to your audience is too much effort for little-to-no reward - you keep doin' that too.

Where you see needless effort, I see investment. Free speech and free thought - It's how it goes.
gaffo
Posts: 3488
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:58 am
gaffo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:54 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:53 am
No women have a y chromosome though.
yep.

not sure your point though.

you are fast on the trigger!
And I'm not talking about extremely rare conditions. I mean, some people are born with two heads as well. Or no legs. Or 5 noses......
one i 500 is far more common than your above examples.

of the one in 500 born as XXY they might objectively be viewed as a-sexual. Ricardo was XXY and viewed himself as a male (can't assume others of XXY view themselves as male though)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricardo_López_(stalker)

of course all XYY are males, more male than me an assumed XY.
User avatar
-1-
Posts: 2888
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by -1- »

gaffo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:05 am of course all XYY are males, more male than me an assumed XY.
And the YYYs are Yes Men.
FlashDangerpants
Posts: 2465
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:48 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:17 pmnope
No.

But if he thinks he can, then if he had any logic in his head he would have to realize that there would be no such thing as a "woman" anyway. Gender would then be an illusion only and if his male-genderedness is an illusion, so is his potential "womanness." There would be no such thing as either.
I see you are claiming that as proved in other discussion, as predicted, just like Veritas does with the bad argument proving there's no God. To dave anyone the bother of reading that odious thread.... a tiny recap is in order.

Atheists should congratulate you for the argument. It proves that a fork can not change category to be jewellery, a boy cannot change category to be a woman, a chair canot be converted into a table ... and therefore it entails that sinners can not be saved, or vice versa.

So in your vendetta against trannies, you are voluntarily surrendering all the arguments you have made elsewhere about religion being the only possible root of ethics.

Well done, you are a powerhouse of excellent philosophising, a worthy match for Age and Daschund.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8861
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

evasion vs honesty

Post by henry quirk »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:08 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:48 pm
henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:17 pmnope
No.

But if he thinks he can, then if he had any logic in his head he would have to realize that there would be no such thing as a "woman" anyway. Gender would then be an illusion only and if his male-genderedness is an illusion, so is his potential "womanness." There would be no such thing as either.
I see you are claiming that as proved in other discussion, as predicted, just like Veritas does with the bad argument proving there's no God. To dave anyone the bother of reading that odious thread.... a tiny recap is in order.

Atheists should congratulate you for the argument. It proves that a fork can not change category to be jewellery, a boy cannot change category to be a woman, a chair canot be converted into a table ... and therefore it entails that sinners can not be saved, or vice versa.

So in your vendetta against trannies, you are voluntarily surrendering all the arguments you have made elsewhere about religion being the only possible root of ethics.

Well done, you are a powerhouse of excellent philosophising, a worthy match for Age and Daschund.
There he is! Flash, hello! Care to answer the question?
Nick_A
Posts: 5208
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:23 am

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by Nick_A »

FDP
I see you are claiming that as proved in other discussion, as predicted, just like Veritas does with the bad argument proving there's no God. To dave anyone the bother of reading that odious thread.... a tiny recap is in order.

Atheists should congratulate you for the argument. It proves that a fork can not change category to be jewellery, a boy cannot change category to be a woman, a chair canot be converted into a table ... and therefore it entails that sinners can not be saved, or vice versa.
Just out of curiousity do you believe it is possible for a woman to become a man as described in the Gospel of Thomas?
(114) Simon Peter said to him, "Let Mary leave us, for women are not worthy of life."
Jesus said, "I myself shall lead her in order to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven."
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 9129
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by Immanuel Can »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:08 pm ... and therefore it entails that sinners can not be saved...
Was human agency only involved, you would be absolutely correct. I commend you for that.

Unfortunately for that argument, salvation is from God, the very One who constituted reality in the first place. And while no man can make one thing into another, it is very obvious that God -- assuming such were to exist -- certainly could. He could make the rock spout water, the clouds rain bread, the leprous into healthy, the dead rise and the perishable into the eternal. "Is there anything too hard for God?" the Bible rhetorically asks.

So the question once again comes down to the very simple, "Does God exist?"
FlashDangerpants
Posts: 2465
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: evasion vs honesty

Post by FlashDangerpants »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:33 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:08 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:48 pm
No.

But if he thinks he can, then if he had any logic in his head he would have to realize that there would be no such thing as a "woman" anyway. Gender would then be an illusion only and if his male-genderedness is an illusion, so is his potential "womanness." There would be no such thing as either.
I see you are claiming that as proved in other discussion, as predicted, just like Veritas does with the bad argument proving there's no God. To dave anyone the bother of reading that odious thread.... a tiny recap is in order.

Atheists should congratulate you for the argument. It proves that a fork can not change category to be jewellery, a boy cannot change category to be a woman, a chair canot be converted into a table ... and therefore it entails that sinners can not be saved, or vice versa.

So in your vendetta against trannies, you are voluntarily surrendering all the arguments you have made elsewhere about religion being the only possible root of ethics.

Well done, you are a powerhouse of excellent philosophising, a worthy match for Age and Daschund.
There he is! Flash, hello! Care to answer the question?
Told you in the other thread, I was only in the whole thing to assess a specific argument that was evidently invalid. I still don't give a fuck about this entire subject for the reasons I gave you there.

To briefly recap that... It is entirely moot, there is no objective way to determine how categories should apply because they are shifted by consensus. Skepdick is correct in this matter.

If you won't accept that this is my point of view because you have a feeling in your gut that everything is obvious, and it is always obvious that you are right, and anyone not agreeing with you must be dishonest, that's not an argument.

Beyond that, my available time is now limited again. Mannie used up all that I'm willing to spare doing his tactical forgetting act, with Henry once again running interference to spare his dishonest blushes. You don't deserve more than this from me Henry.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8861
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by henry quirk »

Gender is fluid, mutable, interchangeable, just a social construct (yes).

Gender is fixed, immutable, not subject to change, sumthin' concretely intrinsic to the person (no).
Last edited by henry quirk on Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlashDangerpants
Posts: 2465
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:30 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:08 pm ... and therefore it entails that sinners can not be saved...
Was human agency only involved, you would be absolutely correct. I commend you for that.

Unfortunately for that argument, salvation is from God, the very One who constituted reality in the first place. And while no man can make one thing into another, it is very obvious that God -- assuming such were to exist -- certainly could. He could make the rock spout water, the clouds rain bread, the leprous into healthy, the dead rise and the perishable into the eternal. "Is there anything too hard for God?" the Bible rhetorically asks.

So the question once again comes down to the very simple, "Does God exist?"
So God can reassign gender then. You could literally pray to be a woman and then if God makes it so, you don't even have to cut your dick off. Gender is now a spritual matter so anyone who asserts that they have the spirit of a woman is a woman for all you kow.
FlashDangerpants
Posts: 2465
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: evasion vs honesty

Post by FlashDangerpants »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:50 pm So, you won't answer the question?
You have my full answer.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8861
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: evasion vs honesty

Post by henry quirk »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:52 pm
henry quirk wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:50 pm So, you won't answer the question?
You have my full answer.
Evasion, then.

okeeedoke
FlashDangerpants
Posts: 2465
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:54 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by FlashDangerpants »

What part of

It is entirely moot, there is no objective way to determine how categories should apply because they are shifted by consensus. Skepdick is correct in this matter.

Is beyond your understanding Henry?

It's not evasion, it's a true answer. You wanted to know what my opinion was, that's it. Quit being a pissy bitch.
User avatar
henry quirk
Posts: 8861
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Can a man really turn into a woman?

Post by henry quirk »

Quit being a pissy bitch.

Okay.

So I've got you down as believin' gender is fluid, mutable, interchangeable, just a social construct so, yeah, a man can indeed really turn into a woman.

:thumbsup:
Post Reply