Is the Critique of Islam Islamophobic?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

Re: Is the Critique of Islam Islamophobic?

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:33 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:25 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:20 pm Ask Trump when he prays to the baby Jesus if he's just getting on, or is he responding to rabid rightard Xians, who want to build a wall against other "brother Xians".
You really don't know the difference between a Christian and someone who only says they are?
And you don't know the difference between a handful of terrorists and 1.8 billion Muslims, who are peaceful.

I just by deeds. The Christian USA is responsible for millions of deaths.

Rather than moan about terrorists extremists you might find it more fruitful to look more closely at the Wahhabist universities, funded by "our friends" in Saudi-Arabia who are spreading the extremists version of Islam which has motivated many of loon in Afghanistan and Europe. Let's face it the Bin Laden's are the special friends of the USA, and it is almost as if they are conspiring to destailize the ME deliberately, there being so much to benefit from weapons sales.
There are no extremist version or other versions of Islam.
  • These descriptions are very ugly, it is offensive and an insult to our religion. There is no moderate or immoderate Islam. Islam is Islam and that’s it.
    "PM Erdogan of Turkey
What is Islam is represented by the 6236 verses in the Quran - final and ultimate authority of Islam from Allah via angel Gabriel to Muhammad.

To assess who is the better Muslim, the objective approach is to use the 6236 verses in the Quran as a checklist and tick off each of the verses they complied with and acted upon.

Based on observations and reports, it is noted the so-called Islamist terrorists and their supporters comply with more of the 6236 verses in the Quran that the so-called moderates.

The obvious differences is the so-called Islamist terrorists and their supporters obey the commands of Allah;
  • 1. -not befriend non-Muslims or pretend if no-choice,
    2. -war against and kill non-Muslims.
    3. Cast terrors upon non-Muslims.
    4. Look down upon non-Muslims as inferior and beastly
while the so-called moderates ignore the above commands.

The commands 1 & 4 carry very heavy weightage in consideration of being a good Muslims and such good deeds as a dutiful Muslim are rewarded manifold in comparison to other ordinary deeds, e.g. prayers, and the likes.

There is only one Islam, i.e. the 6236 verses of the Quran commanded from Allah.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:17 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:04 pm Look up "No True Scotsman Fallacy".
I know what it is. But it's not relevant here. It's not even always relevant to Scotsmen.
Throughout history Christians have been fighting, killing, burning, condemning, and colonising the innocent, yet you say "No TRUE Christian" would do that so they can't be Christians.

You are talking bollocks
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:15 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:05 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:45 pm

So deeds and words matter? Not just one or the other?
Try and READ. And engage your brain if you have one.
Good, so words do matter...I can't see your deeds from here.
Words in a book do not compel a person to act.
Words spoken in truth and sincerity do matter.
You are a f8cking moron
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:50 pm ...yet you say "No TRUE Christian" would do that so they can't be Christians.
No, I didn't say it. If only I said it, what would it matter?

No less a person that Jesus Christ Himself insisted that's the way it was.

If you think you know better what a "Christian" is than does Christ Himself, let's see your case.

If not, you have a certain answer.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:51 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:05 pm
Try and READ. And engage your brain if you have one.
But Christian's, according to you have been "burning, and killing, etc." because of a book.

And what is that, because you seem to be split minded. On one hand you say words in a book do not compel a person to act, yet certain religions (Christian's in your example) are compelled to act a certain way because of there beliefs. There beliefs are compelled from a book.

You are a f8cking moron

Says the schizophrenic...make up your mind. You words don't matter by your own definition as they are not truthful or sincere.

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:26 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:50 pm ...yet you say "No TRUE Christian" would do that so they can't be Christians.

If you think you know better what a "Christian" is than does Christ Himself, let's see your case.

Luther the father of a massive branch of christianity was a scurrlious antisemite.
Servetus who created hos own brand of protestantism murdered for Jesus.
Popes, bishops, and all luminaries of the church were evil, yet you tell me they were not christians.
Yet you are happy to tar all Muslims with the acts of a few terrorists.
You are a confused lad,
You should look up exceptionalism.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:27 pm
But Christian's, according to you have been "burning, and killing, etc." because of a book.

And what is that, because you seem to be split minded. On one hand you say words in a book do not compel a person to act, yet certain religions (Christian's in your example) are compelled to act a certain way because of there beliefs. There beliefs are compelled from a book.

You are a f8cking moron

Says the schizophrenic...make up your mind. You words don't matter by your own definition as they are not truthful or sincere.

Your brain is too dead to see the most simple but profound distinction. Therefore unworthy to engage in further discussions.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:08 pm

You are a f8cking moron

Your brain is too dead to see the most simple but profound distinction. Therefore unworthy to engage in further discussions.
No, you said a book does not compel a person to act, when everything you argue against is grounded in people be compelled by a book or interpretation of a book.

Your strict movement to adhominums, like some retarded grade schooler, just shows how dead your brain is...classic narcissistic projection.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:07 pm Luther the father of a massive branch of christianity was a scurrlious antisemite.
Popes, bishops, and all luminaries of the church were evil, yet you tell me they were not christians.
You mean, "Jesus Christ tells me they were not acting like Christians."

Right. Now you've got it.
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:07 pm

Luther the father of a massive branch of christianity was a scurrlious antisemite.
You are a confused lad,
Your thinking in the above case is too shallow and narrow.
You need to break down and analyze the issue critically in their various components and perspectives.

A 'Christian' [as defined] is one who has entered into a personal contract with God/Jesus to comply with the terms of the contract stipulated solely with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
So, Luther, Servetus, Popes, bishops, and all luminaries of the church, and anyone are 'Christian' if they were baptized and entered into personal contract with God/Jesus.

But the point is while the above are contractually Christians, they are also a human being with human nature which inherently has the potential to commit evil and violence. They may also enter into other contracts within their personal life.

A person as a contracted-Christian may enter into a contract as a soldier or policemen where the contractual terms allow killing under justified circumstances.
In this case, when the person killed enemies in a legal war, he is not acting as a contracted-Christian but as a contracted soldier or policemen.
In this case of sinning against the contract of being a Christian, it is up the person to face God/Jesus' judgment, wrath or forgiveness on Judgment Day.
It is wrong to accuse Christianity itself if a contracted-Christian sinned in killing other humans.

The contract terms that bind the Christian included an overriding pacifist maxim 'love all - even enemies'.

Therefore if Luther and others who acted outside the contractual terms as a Christian, e.g. hating and killing non-Christians, they cannot be acting as Christians per se.
Instead they are acting outside the scope of Christianity as human being and upon the human nature of evil and violence.

On the other hand, when contracted-Muslims killed in the name of Allah and Islam upon conditions of threats to the religion, their killing and violence are sanctioned by Allah with specific verses from the 6236 verses of the Quran. They are killing in accordance to the terms of contract as contracted-Muslims.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:39 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:08 pm
No, you said a book does not compel a person to act, when everything you argue against is grounded in people be compelled by a book or interpretation of a book.

Your strict movement to adhominums, like some retarded grade schooler, just shows how dead your brain is...classic narcissistic projection.
Keep your head in the sand, and your prejudice close.
I see you as no different from any other prospective terrorist
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:55 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:07 pm

You are a confused lad,
Your thinking in the above case is too shallow and narrow.
You need to break down and analyze the issue critically in their various components and perspectives.

A 'Christian' [as defined] is one who has entered into a personal contract with God/Jesus to comply with the terms of the contract stipulated solely with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
So, Luther, Servetus, Popes, bishops, and all luminaries of the church, and anyone are 'Christian' if they were baptized and entered into personal contract with God/Jesus.

But the point is while the above are contractually Christians, they are also a human being with human nature which inherently has the potential to commit evil and violence. They may also enter into other contracts within their personal life.

A person as a contracted-Christian may enter into a contract as a soldier or policemen where the contractual terms allow killing under justified circumstances.
In this case, when the person killed enemies in a legal war, he is not acting as a contracted-Christian but as a contracted soldier or policemen.
In this case of sinning against the contract of being a Christian, it is up the person to face God/Jesus' judgment, wrath or forgiveness on Judgment Day.
It is wrong to accuse Christianity itself if a contracted-Christian sinned in killing other humans.

The contract terms that bind the Christian included an overriding pacifist maxim 'love all - even enemies'.

Therefore if Luther and others who acted outside the contractual terms as a Christian, e.g. hating and killing non-Christians, they cannot be acting as Christians per se.
Instead they are acting outside the scope of Christianity as human being and upon the human nature of evil and violence.

On the other hand, when contracted-Muslims killed in the name of Allah and Islam upon conditions of threats to the religion, their killing and violence are sanctioned by Allah with specific verses from the 6236 verses of the Quran. They are killing in accordance to the terms of contract as contracted-Muslims.
Christians are what Christianity has done.
I would never allow myself to be associated with that inhuman death cult.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:32 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:07 pm Luther the father of a massive branch of christianity was a scurrlious antisemite.
You mean, "Jesus Christ tells me they were not acting like Christians."

Right. Now you've got it.
ROLF
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:55 am Your thinking in the above case is too shallow and narrow.
It's nowhere near that complex, LV. You're "gilding the lily," adding ornamentation where there is no necessity.

It's this simple: a "Christian" (the word means "little Christs," and was given not by Christians themselves but by people outside their group, at Antioch. Acts 11:26), is one who is, on a smaller scale, what Christ was on the large scale. If his character and behaviour are different, then he's not being a "little Christ." Hence, he's not acting as a "Christian" at all.

Jesus Christ Himself repeatedly instructed us to judge between the true and the insincere claimants by this very means (Matt. 7:20, Luke 6:46, John 8:47...). So anybody who doesn't think that's the right way to do it has an argument with Christ Himself, not me.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:21 pm ROLF
Heh. :D Not much of an answer.

Well, put it this way. Here's two case scenarios:

1. Your neighbour announces that he has had a religious revival, and has committed himself to become as much like Jesus Christ as he possibly can.

2. Your neighbour announces to you that he has had a religious revival, and from now on is going to behave as much like Mohammed as he possibly can.

Which scenario gives you reason for concern?