All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6205
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

All propositions have binary meanings, thus one statement is interpreted according to the angle it is observed. This angle of awareness is progressive in nature. One word or symbol is given a proceeding value placement as a general that proceeds to a particular or particular that proceeds to a general.

These binary meanings are determined by the direction in which the statement is taken.

Example:

1. No-thing exists.
A. "No-thing" is an degree of existence as "existence" is a statement of negation.
B. Existence is negated as a thing.

2. The car is blue.
A. The car is a color.
B. Color is an object.


No statement can be interpreted the same way as each statement is determined by a subjective value placement. One sentence can have 2 or more meanings to 2 or more people.
Age
Posts: 5034
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Age »

ALL propositions have binary meanings, is not at all true.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6205
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:57 am ALL propositions have binary meanings, is not at all true.
All in All.
commonsense
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by commonsense »

Example 1 is a good example of an invalid argument. As such it is as unacceptable as hot chitl’ns are while picking cotton.

It could perhaps be made valid if it is demonstrated that no thing is a degree of existence and that existence is a statement of negation.

If both of those were demonstrably true, the argument would merit further discussion.

Otherwise, no amount of talking around these two will change the fact that the above is fatally flawed.
Skepdick
Posts: 4769
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:16 am

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Skepdick »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:41 pm No statement can be interpreted the same way as each statement is determined by a subjective value placement. One sentence can have 2 or more meanings to 2 or more people.
This is the common argument made by post-modernists. It's not that language is meaningless. It's that there is too much meaning (to choose from).

Ambiguity, not gibberish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVOTdheq5eU
Impenitent
Posts: 2920
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Impenitent »

nuance is never binary

-Imp
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6205
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Skepdick wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:04 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:41 pm No statement can be interpreted the same way as each statement is determined by a subjective value placement. One sentence can have 2 or more meanings to 2 or more people.
This is the common argument made by post-modernists. It's not that language is meaningless. It's that there is too much meaning (to choose from).

Ambiguity, not gibberish.
Never said either ambiguity or gibberish....multidimensional is a more accurate word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVOTdheq5eU
The issues goes back thousands of years to Agrippa, the angle of observation always effect the truth value.

A statement can be binary and have multiple meanings, but that does not negate its truth value.

Language is superpositioned meanings. A word can exist in multiple states.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6205
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

commonsense wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:53 pm Example 1 is a good example of an invalid argument. As such it is as unacceptable as hot chitl’ns are while picking cotton.

Actually that is not true as invalid is not defined. You are just projecting some definition and assuming we understand what it means.

If you have everyone here define "invalid" you would get different meanings.

That is the point, even in trying to negate the argument...you just prove it.


It could perhaps be made valid if it is demonstrated that no thing is a degree of existence and that existence is a statement of negation.

A proposition is asserted, even the demonstration itself is an assertion.

If both of those were demonstrably true, the argument would merit further discussion.

Actually you just ignore the second example, see even meaning is selective and thus multidimensional in arguments. I can provide multiple examples, but only a few will be observed.

Otherwise, no amount of talking around these two will change the fact that the above is fatally flawed.

False, I say "the sky is falling" one person will say it is irrational because he is taking it literally, another person will take it metaphorically.

Binary meaning minimum in all propositions,
But this occurs in basic wording as well.

"Nothing exists" can be taken as:

Things do not exist.
There is no existence.
Existence is an absence of things.
Etc.
commonsense
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by commonsense »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:42 pm
commonsense wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:53 pm Example 1 is a good example of an invalid argument. As such it is as unacceptable as hot chitl’ns are while picking cotton.

Actually that is not true as invalid is not defined. You are just projecting some definition and assuming we understand what it means.

If you have everyone here define "invalid" you would get different meanings.

That is the point, even in trying to negate the argument...you just prove it.


It could perhaps be made valid if it is demonstrated that no thing is a degree of existence and that existence is a statement of negation.

A proposition is asserted, even the demonstration itself is an assertion.

If both of those were demonstrably true, the argument would merit further discussion.

Actually you just ignore the second example, see even meaning is selective and thus multidimensional in arguments. I can provide multiple examples, but only a few will be observed.

Otherwise, no amount of talking around these two will change the fact that the above is fatally flawed.

False, I say "the sky is falling" one person will say it is irrational because he is taking it literally, another person will take it metaphorically.

Binary meaning minimum in all propositions,
But this occurs in basic wording as well.

"Nothing exists" can be taken as:

Things do not exist.
There is no existence.
Existence is an absence of things.
Etc.
Let me be more clear. I want to agree with you, however I need you to educate me as to why you said that no thing is a degree of existence and existence is a statement of negation.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6205
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

commonsense wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:37 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:42 pm
commonsense wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:53 pm Example 1 is a good example of an invalid argument. As such it is as unacceptable as hot chitl’ns are while picking cotton.

Actually that is not true as invalid is not defined. You are just projecting some definition and assuming we understand what it means.

If you have everyone here define "invalid" you would get different meanings.

That is the point, even in trying to negate the argument...you just prove it.


It could perhaps be made valid if it is demonstrated that no thing is a degree of existence and that existence is a statement of negation.

A proposition is asserted, even the demonstration itself is an assertion.

If both of those were demonstrably true, the argument would merit further discussion.

Actually you just ignore the second example, see even meaning is selective and thus multidimensional in arguments. I can provide multiple examples, but only a few will be observed.

Otherwise, no amount of talking around these two will change the fact that the above is fatally flawed.

False, I say "the sky is falling" one person will say it is irrational because he is taking it literally, another person will take it metaphorically.

Binary meaning minimum in all propositions,
But this occurs in basic wording as well.

"Nothing exists" can be taken as:

Things do not exist.
There is no existence.
Existence is an absence of things.
Etc.
Let me be more clear. I want to agree with you, however I need you to educate me as to why you said that no thing is a degree of existence and existence is a statement of negation.
"Nothing exists"

Degree:

Nothing is taken as an entity in one way of looking at it. As an entity is exists. So to say "Nothing Exists" is to say "entities exists" or just "existence exists". You can replace entity with any other word or series of words, but at the end of the day we are left with "existence exists" if nothing is viewed as an actual thing. So we are left with it as a grade of existence where their are multiple existences.


Negation:

Nothing Exists, Existence is nothing, nothing is an absence of form or "things", thus "existence is an absence of things". In this respect existence is some variable. This variable however is negative (no-thing). This necessitates that existence, under this interpretation, is a statement of negation



Considering "existence is nothing" can mean multiple things (and further examples can probably be provided) it is not only possessing binary meanings (minimum) but is a state of superpositioned meanings. Each proposition is a multidimensional entity.
commonsense
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by commonsense »

Why is no thing a degree of existence and why is existence a statement of negation?

Are you saying that nothing exists and that existence is negative?
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6205
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

commonsense wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:39 am Why is no thing a degree of existence and why is existence a statement of negation?
Because if I say "nothing" I am giving boundary thus "nothing" is a statement of something.

In these respect "nothing" as a concept is now something. So "nothing exists" can be observed as "something exists."

But something is existence, so one could just say "existence exists". So now we see the same thing in multiple states and hence grades. One is static and singular (existence) and one is active and many (exists).




Are you saying that nothing exists and that existence is negative?
Existence is a negation of nothing.
I am saying a simple sentence ("Nothing exists.") can be interpreted in multiple ways.

The car example is simpler, or I can provide another one.
nothing
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:32 pm

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by nothing »

Example:

1. No-thing exists.
A. "No-thing" is an degree of existence as "existence" is a statement of negation.
Same question as:
... why you said that no thing is a degree of existence and existence is a statement of negation.
so in reading:
Degree:

Nothing is taken as an entity in one way of looking at it. As an entity is exists. So to say "Nothing Exists" is to say "entities exists" or just "existence exists". You can replace entity with any other word or series of words, but at the end of the day we are left with "existence exists" if nothing is viewed as an actual thing. So we are left with it as a grade of existence where their are multiple existences.
Why is nothing taken as an entity? This is the same as a phobia: irrational. To say "nothing exists" could more rationally be taken to mean no entities exist or just non-existence. Why should nothing be viewed as an actual thing? What word should we use to designate the absence-of-a-something? Wherein there is no grade of existence, owing to it not existing?
Negation:

Nothing Exists, Existence is nothing, nothing is an absence of form or "things", thus "existence is an absence of things". In this respect existence is some variable. This variable however is negative (no-thing). This necessitates that existence, under this interpretation, is a statement of negation
Hence: truth-by-way-of-negation seeking equality with the so-called truth of the way of the living viz. creation ex nihilo. Knowledge is negation of any/all belief-based ignorance(s) defining the boundary(s) of that being. In the same way gravity acts on a being physically, ignorance acts on a being spiritually.

If we allowed existence to possibly be a culmination of any/all super-imposed belief-based ignorance(s) giving rise to the potentiality of any manner of possible outcome(s), this would satisfy both a local-individual and universal 'state' at any given time, thus in this the being is never "separate" from the universe, if even believing themselves to be.
Considering "existence is nothing" can mean multiple things (and further examples can probably be provided) it is not only possessing binary meanings (minimum) but is a state of superpositioned meanings. Each proposition is a multidimensional entity.
The problem of meaning can not really be reduced further beyond the simple lucid acknowledgement that many people relentlessly project their own meanings viz. whatever they so-desire to be true is-as-true, because such believers identify by way of their belief (just as Descartes does with his thought) to the degree that it begins to define them, rather than them defining it. This backwards nature is thus an axiomatic signature of the upside-down believers who relentlessly and militarily believe the opposite of what is true: an interesting (and extremely potent) binary nature of truth/falsity as defined by these extremes: either true, or upside-down false.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6205
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

nothing wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:45 pm
Example:

1. No-thing exists.
A. "No-thing" is an degree of existence as "existence" is a statement of negation.
Same question as:
... why you said that no thing is a degree of existence and existence is a statement of negation.
so in reading:
Degree:

Nothing is taken as an entity in one way of looking at it. As an entity is exists. So to say "Nothing Exists" is to say "entities exists" or just "existence exists". You can replace entity with any other word or series of words, but at the end of the day we are left with "existence exists" if nothing is viewed as an actual thing. So we are left with it as a grade of existence where their are multiple existences.
Why is nothing taken as an entity?
Multiplicity is taken as entity(ies). Void is a void term...we only understand the prior statement because of many terms.

This is the same as a phobia: irrational. To say "nothing exists" could more rationally be taken to mean no entities exist or just non-existence. Why should nothing be viewed as an actual thing? What word should we use to designate the absence-of-a-something? Wherein there is no grade of existence, owing to it not existing?
Negation:

Nothing Exists, Existence is nothing, nothing is an absence of form or "things", thus "existence is an absence of things". In this respect existence is some variable. This variable however is negative (no-thing). This necessitates that existence, under this interpretation, is a statement of negation
Hence: truth-by-way-of-negation seeking equality with the so-called truth of the way of the living viz. creation ex nihilo. Knowledge is negation of any/all belief-based ignorance(s) defining the boundary(s) of that being. In the same way gravity acts on a being physically, ignorance acts on a being spiritually.

Knowledge means nothing on it's own terms.

If we allowed existence to possibly be a culmination of any/all super-imposed belief-based ignorance(s) giving rise to the potentiality of any manner of possible outcome(s), this would satisfy both a local-individual and universal 'state' at any given time, thus in this the being is never "separate" from the universe, if even believing themselves to be.
Considering "existence is nothing" can mean multiple things (and further examples can probably be provided) it is not only possessing binary meanings (minimum) but is a state of superpositioned meanings. Each proposition is a multidimensional entity.
The problem of meaning can not really be reduced further beyond the simple lucid acknowledgement that many people relentlessly project their own meanings viz. whatever they so-desire to be true is-as-true, because such believers identify by way of their belief (just as Descartes does with his thought) to the degree that it begins to define them, rather than them defining it. This backwards nature is thus an axiomatic signature of the upside-down believers who relentlessly and militarily believe the opposite of what is true: an interesting (and extremely potent) binary nature of truth/falsity as defined by these extremes: either true, or upside-down false.
See prior statements as response to the rest.
nothing
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:32 pm

Re: All Propositions Have Binary Meanings

Post by nothing »

Multiplicity is taken as entity(ies). Void is a void term...we only understand the prior statement because of many terms.
Why is multiplicity taken as entity(s) (!) ?
Why can not both nothing and multiplicity be taken as non-entity?
Knowledge means nothing on it's own terms.
It can: in relation to its known inverse: belief-based ignorance.

For every possible belief-based ignorance (less: belief-in-and-of-itself as problem-in-and-of-itself in regress ad infinitum) there must be a reconciling knowledgeable counterpart which, if attained to, would alleviate any/all burdens induced by the ignorance.

Therefor, if knowledge can be taken as a 'body' (ie. a body of knowledge)
then ignorance can be inferred to have a counterpart 'body' (ie. a body of ignorance)
wherein as the body of knowledge is attained to, the body of ignorance is negated into impotency.
____________________________
equivalent: god wins over satan every time
so long as the body of ignorance is consumed
by the body of knowledge counterpart
indefinitely being attained to.

*All-knowing is negation (ie. null; void) of any/all *belief-based ignorance(s).
____________________________________________________________________________
*All-knowing = body of 'knowledge'
*belief-based ignorance(s) = body of 'ignorance'
All knowing is by way of indefinitely trying all belief, but
not all belief is by way of indefinitely trying to know all.
renders:
All knowing is belief (?)
AABBSSSSOLUTTEELLYYYYYY....
...
...........(absurd)

All (fire extinguisher) is FIRE!
All (knowing) is BELIEF!

Knowledge negates belief, thus is certainly not belief.
Post Reply