HUMAN PERSONHOOD - THE CASE AGAINST ABORTION

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

HereToDiscuss

Re: HUMAN PERSONHOOD - THE CASE AGAINST ABORTION

Post by HereToDiscuss »

Dachshund wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:50 pm
Because the functions of Personhood are grounded in the essential nature of humanness, and because human beings are persons that maintain identity through time from the moment they come into existence at conception, it follows that the unborn are human persons of great worth because they possess that nature as long as they live.
Or it just means that we are contradictory when it comes to such vague things, especially amongst the common people and especially if the said thing involves ethics.

To put it differently, it is an emotivist statement (one that represents emotional attitudes rather than one that is simply a ethical proposition).

People are people if and only if a standard human being* would confirm them to be people, or if they appear to be human. The more a thing "feels" like a human to us, the more like a human we treat them. Think of how people seem to speak to robots as if they had "personhood" and treat them as such as long as the fact that they were robots do not come to their mind strongly/for a lot of time.

*By which i mean human beings that do not have any extreme belief that would counter their emotional judgement.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:29 am
Fuck off with your stupid links. I'm not interested in anything you find fascinating. I just said I don't believe in child support, and I couldn't give a flying toss about your yank way of doing things.
Awww.

It's not about you.
It's not even about me.

It's about the principle, and ideally the principal principle.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Dachshund wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:50 pm Said a bunch to things that are beside the point, they don't really matter!
What if there was a law that said the dog should have his/her gonads cut off/out, made into an empty shell. Or maybe lobotomised because he's/she's an evil dictator. How about doctors not treating his/her syphilis even though they were capable, (unknown by the hound), because they wanted to see it run it's course, for scientific reasons. I'm sure the wiener would scream foul to the highest of heavens.

The only points that matter are that women are not slaves and should never be treated as such; the zygote is their zygote before anyone else's; that all you people that aren't the women or the zygotes aren't gods, though obviously you surely believe otherwise, (for you Christians: your book says that god shall judge, it's not your place); that we don't live under a totalitarian government, nor should we ever.

I was an extreme anti-abortionist when I was younger due to my ignorance of psychology, but then I finally started to get a clue as what that made me, and I didn't like it at all. No I didn't hate my mother thus women, and I don't hold them accountable for those things they choose to do with their own bodies. None of us are born slaves or property, we are all born free no matter what haters, control freaks, dictators, or would be gods say. If there is a god, supposedly we shall all be judged for our sins in that moment just after life ends. But there are a lot of psychotics out there that believes that enables them to play god. Every life is only owned by they that are that life, and the next in line to claim any life is the mother, she that does all the work to bring life forth. Men have no say in the matter whatsoever, because they don't do shit except enjoy the release of semen, so dictates testosterone! Their bodies won't be ravaged by the act of procreation, so they should shut the fuck up. Little boys trying to play big men and push their weight around, so pathetic! Of course men can commit hara-kiri (seppuku) if they so choose, as they own their own life, just like everyone else.

So, as a man I now consider myself, "Anti-Abortion/Pro-Choice," The only sane choice a man has. Which means that I can try to talk them out of it, but in the end it's their body thus their choice!

Edit: Removed an Apostrophe
Last edited by SpheresOfBalance on Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:31 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:29 am
Fuck off with your stupid links. I'm not interested in anything you find fascinating. I just said I don't believe in child support, and I couldn't give a flying toss about your yank way of doing things.
Awww.

It's not about you.
It's not even about me.

It's about the principle, and ideally the principal principle.
It's nonsensical.
And as for quoting a 'used-to-be-funny' male muslim yank comedian then why not go the whole hog and quote one of the many outspoken anti-choice American evangelists who have been caught out using the services of abortion clinics?
If you lot weren't so sickening, transparent and dangerous you might be funny.
Anti-choicers don't even care that they are reknowned as the biggest hypocrites on the planet. The arrogance and smugness are beyond the stratosphere.
The anti-choice arseholes on this forum are a prime example. They don't give a second thought to the rampant blatant hypocrisy in their own movement; in fact they seem to find it quite amusing--demonstrating what thick-skinned psychopaths y'all are (hardly the kind of people to weep over foetuses or anything else). It's like water off a duck's back (or as Americans would say: 'Water off of a duck's back :roll: ).

Kunts like this aren't 'exceptions'; they are the rule. The only reason male kristian anti-choicers want males to have a say in personal abortion decisions is so that they can force their mistresses to have them:

Since you were on the subject of 'principles':

I take it you think a man should be able to force a woman to abort a foetus in order to avoid child support payments.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Speaking of bald fellas, how do you scalp a tadpole?

https://pjmedia.com/trending/body-parts ... l-reveals/
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:26 am Speaking of bald fellas, how do you scalp a tadpole?

The only reason male kristian anti-choicers want males to have a say in personal abortion decisions is so that they can force their mistresses to have them:

Since you were on the subject of 'principles':

I take it you think a man should be able to force a woman to abort a foetus in order to avoid child support payments.
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:16 pm
Walker wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:26 am Speaking of bald fellas, how do you scalp a tadpole?

Blah blah blah, and some pictures.
Answer: you can't scalp a tadpole, however, even in these modern times persons are getting scalped, and so many of them that it's profitable to collect the scalps.

Some say depraved.
Some say, why let human byproducts of death go to waste?
Quite a few close their eyes and ears, but the mouths continue flapping.
vegetariantaxidermy

Walker wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:40 am

Answer: you can't scalp a tadpole, however, even in these modern times persons are getting scalped, and so many of them that it's profitable to collect the scalps.

Some say depraved.
Start having an opinion on the topic after you get pregnant. Otherwise piss off.
SpheresOfBalance

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:58 am
Walker wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:40 am

Some say depraved.
Start having an opinion on the topic after you get pregnant. Otherwise piss off.
Get 'em, veggie! ;-)
Walker

Post by Walker »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:31 pm Get 'em, veggie! ;-)
She watches too much TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QEDZkj_Riw

Men can't get pregnant.

Where the hell have you been.
Rigging elections for Hillary?
SpheresOfBalance

Walker wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:53 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:31 pm Get 'em, veggie! ;-)
She watches too much TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QEDZkj_Riw

Men can't get pregnant.

Where the hell have you been.
Rigging elections for Hillary?
No, revelling in watching your boy flop!

Veggie's got this one correct, you little would be man, you...

Been listening to any good music lately?

Been listening to Allen Holdsworth, but I don't think anyone can beat John McLaughlin, not even Al Di Meola. Then there are those on the other side of the coin, that approach things much differently, like Erik Mongrain.

You may know your music a bit, but you should really leave politics to the enlightened! :lol:
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

The rights of an actual human being trump the potential rights of a potential human being.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

commonsense wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:50 pm The rights of an actual human being trump the potential rights of a potential human being.
What's a "potential human being"?

You can only mean "something that could potentially turn out to be a human being, regardless of whether or not we say it is?" Or perhaps, "That which is certain to turn out to be exactly the same kind of human being as the woman contemplating killing it, unless she kills her it first?" I suppose those are possible implications of "potential."

Or do you mean you think a woman has a potato in her womb? Or maybe an egret? A lump of coal?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:04 pm
commonsense wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:50 pm The rights of an actual human being trump the potential rights of a potential human being.
A potential human being is a being with the potential to be human. Do you need further explanation of potential, human or being?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:16 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:04 pm
A potential human being is a being with the potential to be human. Do you need further explanation of potential, human or being?
What's needed is the dividing line between potential and actual.

At what point do human cells become a human being? At some point during pregnancy? After birth?