Is the Critique of Islam Islamophobic?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

Is the Critique of Islam Islamophobic?

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

A phobia is an irrational fear.

The fear of Islam's advocacy of evil and violent acts upon non-believers [as evident] is real fear, thus not a phobia.

The ideology of Islam is loaded with tons of evil and violent elements that exhort Muslims to war against and kill non-Muslims.
While the majority of Muslims do not adhere to the above commands of Allah, there is a pool of 20% of Muslims, i.e. 300 millions who are evil prone who would obey Allah's command to the letter.

These evil prone Muslims has committed terrible carnage of evil and violent acts upon non-Muslims in terms of >100++ millions since Islam first emerged 1400 years ago and had continued to the present as evident below;

The above is a trend that will continue into the future if the root causes are not addressed.

With the above real carnage over 1400 years of Islam history to the present and potentially into the future, obviously the fear of the ideology of Islam is definitely real and RATIONAL.

Since the above fear is real and potentially real, the carnage and potential evil & violence must be critiqued rationally.

To insist the fear, thus critique of the ideology of Islam is irrational, thus islamophobic, is an insult to one's intelligence.

Can anyone prove me wrong on the above?
Dontaskme

Re: Is the Critique of Islam Islamophobic?

Post by Dontaskme »

Q: Is the Critique of Islam Islamophobic?

A: NO...the Critique is a transcendental illusion.

That which does not exist cannot know anything. No thing is knowing knowing, there is only knowing. Knowing is known self evidently as knowledge without doubt or error. One has to be to know one cannot be without knowing one is. There is only that ONE.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:54 am A phobia is an irrational fear.

The fear of Islam's advocacy of evil and violent acts upon non-believers [as evident] is real fear, thus not a phobia.

The ideology of Islam is loaded with tons of evil and violent elements that exhort Muslims to war against and kill non-Muslims.
While the majority of Muslims do not adhere to the above commands of Allah, there is a pool of 20% of Muslims, i.e. 300 millions who are evil prone who would obey Allah's command to the letter.

These evil prone Muslims has committed terrible carnage of evil and violent acts upon non-Muslims in terms of >100++ millions since Islam first emerged 1400 years ago and had continued to the present as evident below;

The above is a trend that will continue into the future if the root causes are not addressed.

With the above real carnage over 1400 years of Islam history to the present and potentially into the future, obviously the fear of the ideology of Islam is definitely real and RATIONAL.

Since the above fear is real and potentially real, the carnage and potential evil & violence must be critiqued rationally.

To insist the fear, thus critique of the ideology of Islam is irrational, thus islamophobic, is an insult to one's intelligence.

To know thyself does not fear anything of the world. SELF is both in the world, and not of it. Who you really are is beyond the world of transient appearances.

The idea there is a fear of Islam is because Islam has no fear. Islam knows the true nature of reality. It's the West that is at war with Islam not the other way around. Islam in it's fearless defense will protect what is right, divine and good as a birth right.

The longing for Paradise is man's longing not to be man. It's a longing to unite with divinity it SELF

Nothing wrong with the KNOWN WORLD of fear or evil. You wanted THIS. The Narcissist, never even suspects his own reflection appearing in the form of otherness is ALWAYS himself.

Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:54 am A phobia is an irrational fear.

Posting that stat is paranoia.
The USA caused 600,000 deaths in Iraq alone. It waged a war based on lies.
Who is the terrorist?

Do the maths!

The USA has caused around 1 million deaths around the world in the same period.
The population of the USA is 300 million
Population of Islam is 1.8 billion.
The makes WHO the most violent?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:45 am

You mean you don't think it's actually true?

Or do you mean that it's true, but you don't think it matters, for some reason?
PTH

Post by PTH »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:45 amThe USA caused 600,000 deaths in Iraq alone. It waged a war based on lies.
Who is the terrorist?

Do the maths!

This is just whataboutery. By all means start a different thread on whether Amerophobia is justifiable.

The Irish National Liberation Army was a small gang of terrorist nutters. They killed about 120 people, not a lot in a global context.

Does the fact they didn't kill hundreds of thousands mean they aren't terrorists?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Nat ... f_activity

By all means, argue that the answer to the question posed in the thread title is "Yes". But do so with valid arguments, not whataboutery.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:11 pm

I mean that blaming 1.8 billion people in "Islam" for the actions of a small number would force us to consider what we have done in "Christendom".
That is the game that we would loose since we have killed many more people than Islam by far.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

PTH wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:00 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:45 amThe USA caused 600,000 deaths in Iraq alone. It waged a war based on lies.
Who is the terrorist?

Do the maths!

This is just whataboutery. By all means start a different thread on whether Amerophobia is justifiable.

The Irish National Liberation Army was a small gang of terrorist nutters. They killed about 120 people, not a lot in a global context.

Does the fact they didn't kill hundreds of thousands mean they aren't terrorists?

By all means, argue that the answer to the question posed in the thread title is "Yes". But do so with valid arguments, not whataboutery.
It's not whataboutery at all. It is a direct analogy.

You'd expect an ideology that is under concerted attack, and has less power to resort to terrorism since they cannot match the strength of what we might laughingly call "legitimate" means of terror, such as the 600k killed by the US in Iraq.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:43 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:11 pm

I mean that blaming 1.8 billion people in "Islam" for the actions of a small number would force us to consider what we have done in "Christendom".
That is the game that we would loose since we have killed many more people than Islam by far.
"We"? Did you kill people? I certainly didn't. Do you regard yourself as a member of this "Christendom" thing you talk about? I certainly don't. I don't think it has anything to do with you, or with me, or with Christ. The word itself is obviously a hybridization of "Christ" and "kingdom," but Christ said very decisively, "My kingdom is not of this world," and "Love your enemies, and do good to those who hate you." So whatever these "Christendomers"? of yours did, it's decidedly not Christian. I think that deserves a rethink.

However, let us set that aside. Is it your view, then, that if one evil was done by one putatively "religious" group, it excuses and offsets the evil done by another? I'm just trying to figure out what point you could be making. You seem to think it's somehow wrong to list the statistics of one evildoer, because you say you can list a higher statistic from another...

It's not obvious to me that that's making a lot of sense.
Veritas Aequitas

Who is the terrorist?

Do the maths!

You hit the bullseye.
I like the term "whataboutery."
Veritas Aequitas

The USA caused 600,000 deaths in Iraq alone. It waged a war based on lies.
Who is the terrorist?

Do the maths!

You are off track and has veered into 'whataboutery.'
In the OP I did not blame the whole 1.8 billion Muslims.
Note I raised a specific thread on that;
Do Not Blame Muslims
I have also mentioned we should not focus the blaming Muslims even the terrorists who killed in the name of their God because in most cases, they were compelled by their God to commit those evil acts, else they will go to hell.

Note I wrote above;
  • The ideology of Islam is loaded with tons of evil and violent elements that exhort Muslims to war against and kill non-Muslims.
I have the evidences from the Quran to support the above.

In addition I mentioned it is only appx 20% or 360 million of Muslims who are vulnerable to obey the commands of Allah in the Quran as compelled by a threat of hell if they don't.

Re your 'whataboutery' you should take note of the following;

There are all sorts of carnage, evil and violent acts by all sorts of humans driven by all sorts of ideologies and all sorts of reason since humans emerged till the present and into the future.
Humanity must address, resolve and prevent/minimize all the above evil and violent acts without exceptions.

The effective strategy to the above is to break the whole problem of evil acts into common patterns and smaller units to enable them to be resolved more efficiently.
There are two main categories of evil acts, i.e. secular and religious-related.
Within the religious -related, there is the Islam-related evils and violence.

If you have written a thesis you would have understood the Problem Statement of a thesis should be as specific as possible which I am doing in confining my issue in this case to Islamic-related violence and the element of 'islamophobia'.

I suggest you answer the OP specific question.
To insist the fear and critique of the ideology of Islam is islamophobic, is an insult to one's intelligence.

One point to note is why it is Islam the only religion that is associated with 'phobia' and not to other religions?
Veritas Aequitas

Sculptor wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:46 pm
Who is the terrorist?

Do the maths!

It's not whataboutery at all. It is a direct analogy.

You'd expect an ideology that is under concerted attack, and has less power to resort to terrorism since they cannot match the strength of what we might laughingly call "legitimate" means of terror, such as the 600k killed by the US in Iraq.
For the amount of time I have spent researching Islam, I regard myself as a reasonable expert on Islam.

Note the truth underlying the evil and violent acts by Islam against non-Muslims;
  • I.S.I.S reveal 6 reasons why they despise Westerners;
    -i.e. 'Because you are disbelievers and not because of foreign policies.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... ns-8533563
    1. Because you are disbelievers
    "We hate you, first and foremost, because you are disbelievers;
    you reject the oneness of Allah – whether you realize it or not – by making partners for Him in worship, you blaspheme against Him, claiming that He has a son, you fabricate lies against His prophets and messengers, and you indulge in all manner of devilish practices."

It reads:
    2. "What’s important to understand here is that although some might argue that your foreign policies are the extent of what drives our hatred,
    this particular reason for hating you is secondary, hence the reason we addressed it at the end of the above list.

"The fact is,
    even if you were to stop bombing us, imprisoning us, torturing us, vilifying us, and usurping our lands,
    we would continue to HATE you because our primary reason for hating you will not cease to exist until you embrace Islam."
The above is supported by verses in the Quran, Ahadith and Sira of Islam.

Note the fundamentals of Islam and being a Muslim;
  • 1. A Muslim is a person who has entered into a personal contract [covenant] with Allah with a promise of eternal life in paradise and avoiding Hell.
    2. The terms of the contract are stipulated within the 6236 verses of the Quran.
    3. The Quran contains loads of evil and violent terms that exhort Muslims to war against and kill non-Muslim.
    4. If a Muslim do not comply with the terms in the Quran, s/he will go to hell.
    5. A good Muslim will be forced to comply with 3 to commit evil and violent acts on non-Muslims as a religious duty.
Do you have any dispute on the above?
If any doubts you have on the above,it is likely to be due to 3, i.e. you have not read the 6236 verses of the Quran thoroughly to understand its inherent, malignant, evil and violent ethos.

For those who understand the evil ethos of Islam, there are good reasons to be very wary or have some sense of fear [not paranoid] of Islam. Thus no question of islamophobia if one were the critique Islam objectively.
Veritas Aequitas

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:34 am The idea there is a fear of Islam is because Islam has no fear. Islam knows the true nature of reality. It's the West that is at war with Islam not the other way around. Islam in it's fearless defense will protect what is right, divine and good as a birth right.
I had suggested many times, you ought to see a doctor and get the proper medicine.

You are very ignorant of Islam.
Islam is represented by the 6236 verses of the Quran.
Have you read the 6236 verses of Quran thoroughly?
From what you have posted you have not read the Quran.

I suggest you read the Quran thoroughly and in chronological order at least 50 times, preferably after taking the proper medicine.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

You urgently need to do something about that OCD.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:21 am
You are very ignorant of Islam.

Who are you talking to?

Is VA a Critique of Islam and also an Islamophobic?

1: Answer that question first by asking yourself why ARE YOU a critic with a phobia of Islam.

If your answer to 1: is yes, then ask yourself what is the root cause of such thought? and why would your thoughts bother you?

I know you don't like addressing the hard questions you ask yourself.