Banned Ted Talk: Delusion of Science

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Banned Ted Talk: Delusion of Science

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKHUaNAxsTg

This video, as well as others directly related to it, address how certain "fudging" has occured within the scientific community in order to promote an established belief system. If memory serves this video directly addresses issues over the "constant" speed of light actually changing and fluctuating over time and scientists just revamping definitions in order to save face.
Impenitent

Re: Banned Ted Talk: Delusion of Science

Post by Impenitent »

man made global warming is real... be a communist slave or polar bears will drown

-Imp
I Like Sushu

Post by I Like Sushu »

The delusion of people saying X, Y or Z is a delusion ... Oops! :P
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

I Like Sushu wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:58 am The delusion of people saying X, Y or Z is a delusion ... Oops! :P
X,Y,Z are fallacious in nature as subject to equivocation.
I Like Sushu

Post by I Like Sushu »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:37 am
I Like Sushu wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:58 am The delusion of people saying X, Y or Z is a delusion ... Oops! :P
So are banana’s dreams.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

I Like Sushu wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:38 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:37 am
So are banana’s dreams.
Bananas are dreams sometimes...not my dreams, but dreams...They do exist as memories and memories are images and are linked to the same part of the brain responsible for imagination.

Take it for what it is...
I Like Sushu

Post by I Like Sushu »

I think you overlooked the apostrophe?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I wonder why religious fucktardism and global-warming-denial go hand in hand. I suppose a moron is a moron, and if you are a self-serving moron in one way then you are a self-serving moron in every way.

And that talk wasn't 'banned'. TED talks just removed it from their channel, which they have every right to do. That's hardly 'banning' it. The guy's a nutjob.

pssst. Science is not a 'belief system' that needs to be 'taken down'. If you 'think' that then you had better stop using your computer, or your phone, or go to the doctor, or take medication, (or do pretty much anything).
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:19 am I wonder why religious fucktardism and global-warming-denial go hand in hand. I suppose a moron is a moron, and if you are a self-serving moron in one way then you are a self-serving moron in every way.

And that talk wasn't 'banned'. TED talks just removed it from their channel, which they have every right to do. That's hardly 'banning' it. The guy's a nutjob.

pssst. Science is not a 'belief system' that needs to be 'taken down'. If you 'think' that then you had better stop using your computer, or your phone, or go to the doctor, or take medication, (or do pretty much anything).
Banning is removal, one can ban an article from a journal and have it appear elsewhere.

Science is a methology created from nothing, it is repeated in perspective after perspective until it is integrated in the zietgeist.

And yes, the speed of light has been found to change (I argued this possibility long before finding this video and other articles) and as such it existing as an empirical constant is not only a lie but a delusion belief. They keep redefining these assumptions due to the weight of "knowledge" built upon them...it is a gravity fallacy, we only accept certain assumptions because of the mass of assumptions which follow.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

I Like Sushu wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:44 am I think you overlooked the apostrophe?
Or I didn't care about spell check...
vegetariantaxidermy

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:53 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:19 am I wonder why religious fucktardism and global-warming-denial go hand in hand. I suppose a moron is a moron, and if you are a self-serving moron in one way then you are a self-serving moron in every way.

Banning is removal, one can ban an article from a journal and have it appear elsewhere.

Science is a methology created from nothing, it is repeated in perspective after perspective until it is integrated in the zietgeist.

And yes, the speed of light has been found to change (I argued this possibility long before finding this video and other articles) and as such it existing as an empirical constant is not only a lie but a delusion belief. They keep redefining these assumptions due to the weight of "knowledge" built upon them...it is a gravity fallacy, we only accept certain assumptions because of the mass of assumptions which follow.
Removing it from a Youtube channel is not 'banning' any more than it would be 'banning' to remove any video from your own Youtube channel. Idiot.
Go back to your pseudoscience then. Do you expect science to stagnate and never learn anything?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:24 am

Removing it from a Youtube channel is not 'banning' any more than it would be 'banning' to remove any video from your own Youtube channel. Idiot.
Go back to your pseudoscience then. Do you expect science to stagnate and never learn anything?
Save us your pseudo religion and dogmatic beliefs...you come off as a Catholic from the middle ages condemning everything that does not fit your world view.

Science is always proving old facts as false in light of new experiments and hypothesis...what learning? Looking at the history of science for what it is, we really can't trust it if we accept any fact with this history as proof.

Anyhow...how can you argue we are learning anything if they keep telling us the speed of light is constant when it changes and they change the definitions along with it. The truth is we really have no proof that the physics the universe exists in today will be the same physics in a thousand years.

But to the banning.

Removing it from a channel is no different than removing it from a forum...removal is banning.
vegetariantaxidermy

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:31 am

Save us your pseudo religion and dogmatic beliefs...you come off as a Catholic from the middle ages condemning everything that does not fit your world view.

Science is always proving old facts as false in light of new experiments and hypothesis...what learning? Looking at the history of science for what it is, we really can't trust it if we accept any fact with this history as proof.

Anyhow...how can you argue we are learning anything if they keep telling us the speed of light is constant when it changes and they change the definitions along with it. The truth is we really have no proof that the physics the universe exists in today will be the same physics in a thousand years.

But to the banning.

Removing it from a channel is no different than removing it from a forum...removal is banning.
So you are illiterate then. What a surprise. As for the rest; talk about the pot calling the kettle black :roll:
I Like Sushu

Post by I Like Sushu »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:54 am
I Like Sushu wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:44 am I think you overlooked the apostrophe?
Or I didn't care about spell check...
Check your reading not your spelling ;)
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:46 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:31 am

But to the banning.

So you are illiterate then. What a surprise. As for the rest; talk about the pot calling the kettle black :roll:
There is not much to read in the crayon drawn logic...there is only so far a teacher can read into a child's drawings in preschool.