God, Satan, Adam and Eve, and origin of evil

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: God, Satan, Adam and Eve, and origin of evil

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:46 am
bahman wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:25 am
attofishpi wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:01 am

Hi bahman
Do you believe these things literally - or as a metaphor?
I consider these things to be literal unless otherwise is declared somewhere in the Bible. The Bible is the word of God. People used to believe that creation is done in seven days. People nowadays call this metaphor because they cannot fit what is stated in the Bible to what they know now yet they cannot say that they are a metaphor of what. That is a way to escape from the truth in my opinion.
Escape from what 'truth'?

To you, is it at all possible that what has been written down and recorded, through human beings and their hands, was somewhat misinterpreted, and/or what has been translated many times over could have been misinterpreted anywhere along that line?
Yes, that is a possibility but why people called these things metaphors?
Age wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:46 am Have you heard of the 'chinese whispers' or the 'telephone' game, and the message that is actually told and shown through playing it?
Yes, I heard that. But there are people who believe in the Bible as being true words of God.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:07 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:40 am
I consider these things to be literal unless otherwise is declared somewhere in the Bible. The Bible is the word of God.
Oh! Did God write the Bible?
Of course no, but people believe that the Bible is what God said.
And what evidence do you have for your, "Of course no", answer?
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

There are many different versions of the Bible so which version are you referring to
There would only need to be one authentic version if it was actually written by God
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bahman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
I consider these things to be literal unless otherwise is declared somewhere in the Bible. The Bible is the word of God.
1. But how can you believe the Bible is what God said when it was written by man and all man's predisposition to personal biases?

2. What percentage of 'power' compared to God's would you ascribe to that of 'Satan's'?

3. What was God's purpose in allowing Satan to exist?

4. What is Satan's goal?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:20 am
attofishpi wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:40 am

There are several versions of the Bible. What is written in the Bible does not fit the truth, etc.
bahman

Post by bahman »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:10 pm
bahman wrote:
attofishpi wrote:
1. But how can you believe the Bible is what God said when it was written by man and all man's predisposition to personal biases?
True. But there are people who believe in the Bible and all the stories within.
attofishpi wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:10 pm 2. What percentage of 'power' compared to God's would you ascribe to that of 'Satan's'?
I don't know. But Satan is very powerful.
attofishpi wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:10 pm 3. What was God's purpose in allowing Satan to exist?
Christian doesn't have a rational answer for this.
attofishpi wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:10 pm 4. What is Satan's goal?
According to Christian, Muslim, etc., he promised to be the enemy of humans.
bahman

Post by bahman »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:37 pm There are many different versions of the Bible so which version are you referring to
There would only need to be one authentic version if it was actually written by God
True.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bahman wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:29 pm
bahman wrote:
Including you.

Why do you conclude that the bible was written by man and all man's predisposition to personal biases, while stating, quoting you:- "I consider these things to be literal unless otherwise is declared somewhere in the Bible. The Bible is the word of God."

attofishpi wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:10 pm 2. What percentage of 'power' compared to God's would you ascribe to that of 'Satan's'?
How do you know this?

attofishpi wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:10 pm 3. What was God's purpose in allowing Satan to exist?
I am a Christian, and the most rational answer I have is that there is NO such thing as 'Satan'.

Ok, what does this Satan chap want? What is 'his' goal, that this powerful God left him alive to achieve?
bahman

Post by bahman »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:54 pm
Including you.
Not me, please.
attofishpi wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:54 pm Why do you conclude that the bible was written by man and all man's predisposition to personal biases, while stating, quoting you:- "I consider these things to be literal unless otherwise is declared somewhere in the Bible. The Bible is the word of God."
The Bible could be corrupted. This has nothing against the fact that the Bible has to be literal unless otherwise is declared. As I mentioned people used to believe that creation was done in seven days. Nowadays they don't believe so the only way to escape the truth is to call the Bible a poetic book.

By the way, you are a Christian. Don't you believe in the Bible and the Church?
How do you know this?
I have many spiritual experiences. He can put thoughts in our minds, He can tempt us (including Jesus), etc.
I am a Christian, and the most rational answer I have is that there is NO such thing as 'Satan'.
Hah. So the story of fallen Angels is not literal too. What is God's purpose?
Ok, what does this Satan chap want? What is 'his' goal, that this powerful God left him alive to achieve?
To cheat us. To send us to Hell. To show that we don't worth it.

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:37 pm There are many different versions of the Bible so which version are you referring to
But absolutely ANY thing written can get misconstrued, misinterpreted, and/or misunderstood.

Just use this one forum for evidence of how quickly, how simply, and how easily written words can THEN get misconstrued, misinterpreted, misunderstood, mistaken, misplaced, and just plain old missed and dismissed.

Absolutely ANY word, from God or even human beings, themselves, can be misrepresented and taken out of context. Very quickly, very simply, and very easily, I might add.
Last edited by Age on Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:12 pm
Age wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:20 am
There are several versions of the Bible. What is written in the Bible does not fit the truth, etc.
You seem to be sure that you have not been able to fit them in with the truth, so how about you provide any amount of examples as you like and let us see if we can fit them in with the actual and real truth or not.

Also, what do you mean by 'etc'? (I am not asking what 'etc' means. I am asking what do you mean by 'etc' here?)

Post by Age »

bahman wrote:
So what?

You believe in things, which are also obviously false and not true.
And, how do you KNOW this?

By the way, what is this 'satan' thing exactly?
Maybe not, but there IS a very rational answer.
And so 'satan' IS.

By the way, like God, satan is NOT a "he".
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bahman wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:14 pm
Including you.
Not me, please.
Hang on, you stated that the Bible IS the word of God!

attofishpi wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:54 pmWhy do you conclude that the bible was written by man and all man's predisposition to personal biases, while stating, quoting you:- "I consider these things to be literal unless otherwise is declared somewhere in the Bible. The Bible is the word of God."
The Bible could be corrupted. This has nothing against the fact that the Bible has to be literal unless otherwise is declared. As I mentioned people used to believe that creation was done in seven days. Nowadays they don't believe so the only way to escape the truth is to call the Bible a poetic book.
So NOT the direct word of God?

bahman wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:14 pm By the way, you are a Christian. Don't you believe in the Bible and the Church?
I am a Christian only by way of believing in what Christ did and perhaps to a degree - what he is purported to have said. (because a sage told me)

I know from the sage, that key words pertaining to life were convoluted into their present form by God.

The interesting thing about the word Bible - is that it is a homophone to Buy Bull. Not only do we get bullshit, we pay for it.

Why did God make this title a homophone to buy bull? Because 'He' 'It' wants us NOT TO JUST ACCEPT IT - BUT QUESTION IT.

It wants us to be intelligent - unlike sheep.

How do you know this?
I have many spiritual experiences. He can put thoughts in our minds, He can tempt us (including Jesus), etc.
My only experience of this is God doing it - he doesn't need a 'satan' when 'he' is such a c@nt.

Hah. So the story of fallen Angels is not literal too. What is God's purpose?
Well, it certainly would be rather pathetic for 'God' to give a shit about humans, but create such an adversary.

God's purpose is deciding who gets to reincarnate as what within the confines of entropy - are you man or beast?

To cheat us. To send us to Hell. To show that we don't worth it.
No, apparently (according the the buy bull - for simpletons) it is our big time loving God that sends us to Hell - it is just Satan that rolls out the red carpet.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:16 am
bahman wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:12 pm
Age wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:20 am And what evidence do you have for your, "Of course no", answer?
You seem to be sure that you have not been able to fit them in with the truth, so how about you provide any amount of examples as you like and let us see if we can fit them in with the actual and real truth or not.
For example, Big Bang (creation was not in seven days), evolution (our ancestors are not Adam and Eve), The story of the flood (you cannot possibly have room for all pair of each species in a boat), etc.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:19 am
attofishpi wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:10 pm 1. But how can you believe the Bible is what God said when it was written by man and all man's predisposition to personal biases?
So what?

You believe in things, which are also obviously false and not true.
Me? Maybe. But I am trying my best to not believe in on something which is obviously false. By the way, can you please give an example of what you think that I believe which is obviously wrong?
And, how do you KNOW this?
Through my personal experiences.
Age wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:19 am By the way, what is this 'satan' thing exactly?
The master of all Devils.
Maybe not, but there IS a very rational answer.
For example?
And so 'satan' IS.

By the way, like God, satan is NOT a "he".
Satan is male according to my personal experience.