Nothing Higher Than Human Sentient Awareness

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Nothing Higher Than Human Sentient Awareness

Post by Dontaskme »

"It's difficult to believe in the dreadful but quiet war, lurking just below the serene facade of nature." Charles Darwin

Existence is a brief fever dream between two eternities of slumber. We have nothing to gain from life, we have everything to lose from death. As before birth, so after death. Why not skip the middle man? Why rouse the sleepers? There really is nothing to do here. Nothing to accomplish. Nowhere to go. Nothing is going anywhere. Nothing is evolving. It's just the same old stupid game made to look like new replaying over and over until you wake up and pull the plug.The human organism is bacically fucking just to be fucked. Being human is just another hopeless addiction for there's nothing else to do but to fill in the boredom by denying it exists through recreating more of it. It's the futile addiction of trying to fill an endless void with actual purpose and meaning where there is none.

Life for the sentience human mind has only one value and that is the negative.
All the goods are the absence of the negative. I feel good if I'm not poor, or I feel good if I don't have cancer (the negative)
It's not like there is some good that can come from a negative like I need to fix this damn negative before I can have the good.
What a miserable existence.

If there's (Nothing Higher Than Human Sentient Awareness) Can you, will you, be able to handle that?

I mean would you even want it? do you actually need it?

How about not wanting or needing anything and just be like a tree, because after all, this awareness ain't evolving anywhere past that tree. What comes next? You have no idea, nor will you ever have. The Alaska red cedar tree can live up to 3,500 years. No human being ever gets out of here alive to know anything above their own sentient awareness. Wow! look how far you've come, from nothing to nothing. Wasn't that an amazing achievement?

Dachshund

Re: Nothing Higher Than Human Sentient Awareness

Post by Dachshund »

Why bother sending you thoughts in posts to a philosophy forum then ?

If you were a genuine nihilist, you would believe that they are utterly disvalued and meaningless - just like everything else in your reality.

If you were a true nihilist my advise to you is that you have two options available; EITHER the muzzle of a pistol OR the foot of the Cross.

But you are not a true nihilist, you are just an attention-seeking, egocentric, self-obsessed, spoilt little, drama queen.

And the more you feel sorry for yourself and bewail the faux existential crisis you say you are experiencing, the more increasingly bored and fed up the people around you will become with your pathetic whinging.

Ultimately, if you don't clean up your act, they will decide one day that they've had enough and abandon you. THEN you will start to experience real suffering; loneliness is a very nasty species of hell.

So wake up to yourself and "get a life". "Getting a death" is not much fun, DAM

Regards

Dachshund (Der Uberweiner)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dachshund wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:44 pm Why bother sending you thoughts in posts to a philosophy forum then ?

If you were a genuine nihilist, you would believe that they are utterly disvalued and meaningless - just like everything else in your reality.

If you were a true nihilist my advise to you is that you have two options available; EITHER the muzzle of a pistol OR the foot of the Cross.

But you are not a true nihilist, you are just an attention-seeking, egocentric, self-obsessed, spoilt little, drama queen.

And the more you feel sorry for yourself and bewail the faux existential crisis you say you are experiencing, the more increasingly bored and fed up the people around you will become with your pathetic whinging.

Ultimately, if you don't clean up your act, they will decide one day that they've had enough and abandon you. THEN you will start to experience real suffering; loneliness is a very nasty species of hell.

So wake up to yourself and "get a life". "Getting a death" is not much fun, DAM

Regards

Dachshund (Der Uberweiner)
Woof Woof
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

and the ladders are nervous

-Imp
SteveKlinko

Post by SteveKlinko »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:33 pm "It's difficult to believe in the dreadful but quiet war, lurking just below the serene facade of nature." Charles Darwin

Existence is a brief fever dream between two eternities of slumber. We have nothing to gain from life, we have everything to lose from death. As before birth, so after death. Why not skip the middle man? Why rouse the sleepers? There really is nothing to do here. Nothing to accomplish. Nowhere to go. Nothing is going anywhere. Nothing is evolving. It's just the same old stupid game made to look like new replaying over and over until you wake up and pull the plug.The human organism is bacically fucking just to be fucked. Being human is just another hopeless addiction for there's nothing else to do but to fill in the boredom by denying it exists through recreating more of it. It's the futile addiction of trying to fill an endless void with actual purpose and meaning where there is none.

All the goods are the absence of the negative. I feel good if I'm not poor, or I feel good if I don't have cancer (the negative)
It's not like there is some good that can come from a negative like I need to fix this damn negative before I can have the good.

If there's (Nothing Higher Than Human Sentient Awareness) Can you, will you, be able to handle that?

How about not wanting or needing anything and just be like a tree, because after all, this awareness ain't evolving anywhere past that tree. What comes next? You have no idea, nor will you ever have. The Alaska red cedar tree can live up to 3,500 years. No human being ever gets out of here alive to know anything above their own sentient awareness. Wow! look how far you've come, from nothing to nothing. Wasn't that an amazing achievement?

Since we have no clue about anything this could all be true. However, I don't understand it.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:33 pm What a miserable existence.
Might you be defining everything in a way to justify your own limitations and misery? A misery of such cosmic proportions, in fact, that it is the actual state of the universe?! :lol:
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:33 pmIf there's (Nothing Higher Than Human Sentient Awareness) Can you, will you, be able to handle that?
Yes.

DAM...perhaps you could find value in doing something to shift your perspective. Join a drama class, go to a meditation retreat, get prescribed some balancing medication for your particular mental imbalance. 8)

This life doesn't have to be a miserable existence. And you don't have to know the future in order to enjoy and embrace RIGHT NOW. Defining the future is ONLY for justifying what you're doing/feeling right now -- and if it's to justify misery, that seems terribly self-absorbed and delusional. Claiming to know the reality of the universe is a game of the ego: pretending that everything revolves around human ideas and needs and desires, and pretending that such a limited human creature can know ALL THINGS. It's just so ridiculous and small-minded.

Perhaps the greatest awareness a human can experience is to BE PRESENT IN THE MOMENT. It is the ego that needs to know the impossible and is fed by stories! So, maybe recognize what is driving you so that you can regain control of your vehicle. :)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacy.

Just because I choose to talk about the misery self, aka an aspect of the human condition. Doesn’t mean I personally am identified with it myself and that I’m miserable. I’m not talking about myself here, I’m generalising on the human condition that I’m not afraid to talk about in public. If you want to believe there is no such condition as the misery self then that’s fine.
I do appreciate and am fully aware that some people go through their lives pretty much untouched by heartaches suffering or adversity and have pretty much a privileged lifestyle where nothing bothers them and they make the best of every moment..but then not everyone is that lucky.

As for me personally, I totally accept the human condition for what it is, it doesn’t bother me at all. I’m just reporting my surround in that I have witnessed much suffering and misery within the human world, I’ve seen some pretty horrific stuff, and I myself have been victim to some pretty horrific experiences at the hands of other people. .so its been a first hand experience with my own eyes, not only happening to others but to myself as well.

I embrace my dark side, I’ve made peace with it, I’m not ashamed that I have a dark side to my nature, or even that I can be a bit melodramatic and suffer bouts of melancholy now and again. But nothing ever overwhelms me, and it is because I can usually bounce back from adversity is what makes my life much more precious and wonderful. I’m not afraid to die either because I’ve done what I came here to do, my assignment is complete. I have some free time on my hands before I leave this earth, so posting on this forum is like my hobby which I enjoy doing. If I get kicked off for just having the balls to speak my own mind then so be it. I make my own happiness in this world, I’m not dependent on other people to give it to me. I don’t need to join social clubs to be happy nor do I depend on drugs to sedate me from not taking responsibility for my own happiness and mental well being. I actually love solitude and being alone with just myself most of the time. I can’t even begin to tell you how blissful that is especially after raising 4 children successfully single handed with not much money or any emotional support network except to just knuckle down and soldier on with the task all by myself which worked out so much better than I ever believed possible.

I don’t resist my dark side at all, in fact I actually live in a total state of bliss 99% of the time. I kid you not I am not fearful of anything anymore. Allow me to prove that to you. Come and live with me in my house for two weeks where we can put my mental health to the test and you will see for yourself that your judgements are unfounded. I live alone in my 4 bedroom house there is plenty of room for guests. In fact let’s make it a party ..all ye who think I’m mad are invited to come and stay with me at my house here in the uk..we can put it to the test as to whether the accusations regarding my mental health are true or not. We can make all kinds of weird judgments about other people it’s just so easy to project our own fears and insecurities onto other people who we’ve never met before or know absolutely anything about. The proof of anything is always in the pudding, let’s not forget that.

commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Nothing that we are aware of.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:18 pm I do appreciate and am fully aware that some people go through their lives pretty much untouched by heartaches suffering or adversity and have pretty much a privileged lifestyle
I don't personally know anyone like this.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:18 pmwhere nothing bothers them and they make the best of every moment..but then not everyone is that lucky.
I think most people go through very traumatic experiences in life, and they emerge in countless ways. I think the way they deal with that is due to their own unique and natural frequency. I don't know what determines a person's frequency. The appreciative way I feel about life does not seem to be an obvious outcome of my difficult experiences. So I think there is much more going on -- and there is no default response or outcome of any kind of experience.

Some people seem more inclined to be entangled in stories -- weaving their identities and the stories together -- and perhaps creating/following philosophies around that. It appears to me that it can all be very intoxicating, and intoxication can be a way to numb oneself to a world/life/reality that feels unpleasant.

If life is an intoxicated trip we are all on together, it seems there are times when any of us may be trying to get others to set aside that which intoxicates them. To be able to see with more clarity -- to "drive" more safely, without killing others or oneself. And you know what it's like to talk to an intoxicated person -- they can be belligerent and insistent about what they believe, no matter how crazy it might be. :lol: So what can be done? Throw cold water in their face? Walk away from them until they're more sober? Try to take away their "keys"? There's a lot of that going on here on the forum. The intoxication is strong, but maybe over time, people start releasing some of it. I'm not even sure it's necessary to release all of it -- rather, just sobering up the most raging drunks so that they are more compatible at the party. :D
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:18 pm As for me personally, I totally accept the human condition for what it is, it doesn’t bother me at all.
It certainly sounds like it bothers you at times.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:18 pm I don’t resist my dark side
I don't resist mine either. :twisted: I can see that this upsets/shocks some people here on the forum -- but I think they should be more afraid of what they're denying in themselves. Our "dark sides" do NOT have to DRIVE US -- that would be irresponsible and out of control. Having self-mastery (or being consciously at the wheel) enables us to use all of our aspects and qualities in collaboration, which is more genuine and effective. Being in denial and fear hands over the driving to others.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:18 pmI actually live in a total state of bliss 99% of the time. I kid you not I am not fearful of anything anymore. Allow me to prove that to you. Come and live with me in my house for two weeks where we can put my mental health to the test and you will see for yourself that your judgements are unfounded.
Are you inviting me for a sleepover?! :lol: I would like to see a person in bliss 99% of the time. I think it's quite rare. Whereas being mad is not rare at all.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:18 pmWe can make all kinds of weird judgments about other people it’s just so easy to project our own fears and insecurities onto other people who we’ve never met before or know absolutely anything about.
This is true -- people have done this to me too. At the same time, I think it's helpful to distinguish between someone just making up crazy shit about you, and someone addressing the crazy shit you say. That is not a projection of their fears and insecurities -- that is simply saying: "Hey, that's crazy shit you're saying!" And, DAM, you do say some crazy shit that isn't even consistent with the other crazy shit you say. So that's what makes you sound crazy sometimes.

I have no doubt that there are multiple sides to you -- as there can be with anyone. I just don't want to ride in the car you're driving. :) I don't have confidence that you won't veer off into a ditch at any moment.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:18 pm As for me personally, I totally accept the human condition for what it is, it doesn’t bother me at all.
Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:41 pm It certainly sounds like it bothers you at times.
No really, it doesn't bother me at all. It may look like I'm bothered to another person, but from the one here, the one who knows the actual real direct truth of the matter, I'm telling you it doesn't bother me.
Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:41 pm Having self-mastery (or being consciously at the wheel) enables us to use all of our aspects and qualities in collaboration, which is more genuine and effective. Being in denial and fear hands over the driving to others.
I agree.
Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:41 pm I would like to see a person in bliss 99% of the time. I think it's quite rare. Whereas being mad is not rare at all.
I never used to be blissed out all the time, but I have chosen to live there now. It's really easy to live like that when you die before you die, that's what I've done. I am living testimony that bliss is possible in a mad world. I'm not mad, it's other people who think I'm mad, they think I'm mad for being in a constant state of bliss, and that makes me laugh out loud. . because that state is actually real, it exists, and anyone can be it, if they really want it.

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:41 pm This is true -- people have done this to me too. At the same time, I think it's helpful to distinguish between someone just making up crazy shit about you, and someone addressing the crazy shit you say. That is not a projection of their fears and insecurities -- that is simply saying: "Hey, that's crazy shit you're saying!" And, DAM, you do say some crazy shit that isn't even consistent with the other crazy shit you say. So that's what makes you sound crazy sometimes.
Ok that's fair enough, people are allowed to say I speak crazy shit, that's fine if that's what they want to believe, as for whether that bothers me or not, well no it doesn't...but you don't have to believe me, and that's ok too.. I'm personally ok with the idea that I talk crazy shit, so be it, it's my crazy, I own it, I wouldn't be who I am otherwise, so I actually like being me, crazy or not, who cares, I certainly don't. In fact I love laughing at my own crazy self, I'm very entertaining, it gets so extreme sometimes that by belly literally aches at reading all the nonsense I've talked about myself, I'm laughing so much now just thinking about or from re-reading my own crazy talk. I listen to crazy youtube vloggers as well. Now those video's really make me laugh, gosh the stuff they come out with, life for the talking monkey is just one big joke after another, I just feel so lucky to be able to have so much fun listening to words and watch the impact they have on both myself and others. We are a lucky species that we get to play with words, and to be able to watch what they do to people, it's so hilarious.
Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:41 pm I have no doubt that there are multiple sides to you -- as there can be with anyone. I just don't want to ride in the car you're driving. :) I don't have confidence that you won't veer off into a ditch at any moment.
I get that, yeah, I'm pretty much the same way with people. I instantly know when to give them a wide berth, and run for the ditch.. especially getting into cars where the drivers are drunk as a skunk...so yeah, that's pretty much normal, and just basic commom sense really, no biggy.

Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:33 pm "It's difficult to believe in the dreadful but quiet war, lurking just below the serene facade of nature." Charles Darwin

"No-thing"...is higher than human awareness, it is the underlying apex that mediates all of "being". "Hight" is merely a statement of opposing poles (high/low), thus which is higher than all of being is intrinsically the center of it all.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:41 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:18 pm I do appreciate and am fully aware that some people go through their lives pretty much untouched by heartaches suffering or adversity and have pretty much a privileged lifestyle
I don't personally know anyone like this.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:18 pmwhere nothing bothers them and they make the best of every moment..but then not everyone is that lucky.
I think most people go through very traumatic experiences in life, and they emerge in countless ways. I think the way they deal with that is due to their own unique and natural frequency. I don't know what determines a person's frequency. The appreciative way I feel about life does not seem to be an obvious outcome of my difficult experiences. So I think there is much more going on -- and there is no default response or outcome of any kind of experience.

Some people seem more inclined to be entangled in stories -- weaving their identities and the stories together -- and perhaps creating/following philosophies around that. It appears to me that it can all be very intoxicating, and intoxication can be a way to numb oneself to a world/life/reality that feels unpleasant.

If life is an intoxicated trip we are all on together, it seems there are times when any of us may be trying to get others to set aside that which intoxicates them. To be able to see with more clarity -- to "drive" more safely, without killing others or oneself. And you know what it's like to talk to an intoxicated person -- they can be belligerent and insistent about what they believe, no matter how crazy it might be. :lol: So what can be done? Throw cold water in their face? Walk away from them until they're more sober? Try to take away their "keys"? There's a lot of that going on here on the forum. The intoxication is strong, but maybe over time, people start releasing some of it. I'm not even sure it's necessary to release all of it -- rather, just sobering up the most raging drunks so that they are more compatible at the party. :D
It certainly sounds like it bothers you at times.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:18 pm I don’t resist my dark side
I don't resist mine either. :twisted: I can see that this upsets/shocks some people here on the forum -- but I think they should be more afraid of what they're denying in themselves. Our "dark sides" do NOT have to DRIVE US -- that would be irresponsible and out of control. Having self-mastery (or being consciously at the wheel) enables us to use all of our aspects and qualities in collaboration, which is more genuine and effective. Being in denial and fear hands over the driving to others.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:18 pmI actually live in a total state of bliss 99% of the time. I kid you not I am not fearful of anything anymore. Allow me to prove that to you. Come and live with me in my house for two weeks where we can put my mental health to the test and you will see for yourself that your judgements are unfounded.
Are you inviting me for a sleepover?! :lol: I would like to see a person in bliss 99% of the time. I think it's quite rare. Whereas being mad is not rare at all.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:18 pmWe can make all kinds of weird judgments about other people it’s just so easy to project our own fears and insecurities onto other people who we’ve never met before or know absolutely anything about.
This is true -- people have done this to me too. At the same time, I think it's helpful to distinguish between someone just making up crazy shit about you, and someone addressing the crazy shit you say. That is not a projection of their fears and insecurities -- that is simply saying: "Hey, that's crazy shit you're saying!" And, DAM, you do say some crazy shit that isn't even consistent with the other crazy shit you say. So that's what makes you sound crazy sometimes.

I have no doubt that there are multiple sides to you -- as there can be with anyone. I just don't want to ride in the car you're driving. :) I don't have confidence that you won't veer off into a ditch at any moment.
Don’tAskMe is not an ignorant person. This is self evident from Don’tAskMe’s many posts on this forum. I state this at the outset because it is my contention that Don’tAskMe overestimated the amount of time spent existing in a state of bliss, or else conflated satisfaction with bliss.

Of course, bliss and happiness may be separate points on a single spectrum, and as such are not different in kind, but rather only in degree.

Ignorance has been shown to correlate with happiness/bliss. Studies have revealed that the countries with the highest levels of education also have the highest rates of depression.

I propose that the degree of ignorance a person has correlates to the degree of bliss that person experiences. It makes sense then that there are a number of people who are in a state of some degree of bliss the majority of their lives.

Such people do not experience significant trauma. They experience temporary setbacks rather than trauma, challenges rather than obstacles, opportunities for improvement rather than catastrophes, teachable moments rather than disasters—with a dose of blissful optimism at that.

Such people may not comprise a majority of the human population, but there should surely be enough of them at any point along the spectrum to inform a certain balance.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Of course we cannot be absolutely sure if there really is (Nothing Higher Than Human Sentient Awareness) no more than an ANT is aware of the complexity of human awareness.

That said, then we have nothing to gain HERE anymore, going by the absolute MESS we are leaving behind for the poor unborn children that will be so rudely imposed upon by our continued desire to be stupid, but yes, lets just recreate more stupidy by disturbing the peace of the unborn..while we release ourselves of our responsibilties and impose it upon someone else, so that the mess we make is left for someone else to clear up.

If Human Sentient Awareness is the APEX of evolution, then are you really going to feel happy and content about that. Imagine the realisation that human sentient awareness gets to make all the rules as to what happens on planet earth. What an awful idea...in my humble opinion. Yes, awful, lets not bury our heads in the sand and just pretend the earth is not now littered with Atomic Radation just sitting around waiting to invade every cell of your body and turn it into an agonising seething hell of destruction and unimaginable suffering.

You came from radiation and you will return to radiation. Radiation is going to obliterate the planet into a seething cauldren of chaos in the tiny space of just a few days after what nature took billions of painstaking years to perfect.
Just look how far you came, you didn't acheive anything did you. All your technology just enslaved you more and more. It was slowly killing you off, it was not a sign of you evolving, it was a sign you were dying inside.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:31 am If Human Sentient Awareness is the APEX of evolution
Such awareness can still evolve in its own way... so there is no apex that we can know from where we are.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:31 am Imagine the realisation that human sentient awareness gets to make all the rules as to what happens on planet earth.
I don't think that is the case -- I think there is much interaction going on between organic and energetic forms of awareness. It is true that humans can be very destructive, but they are not the only energy in play.

Maybe I misunderstood the heading of this topic. I thought it was referring to the idea of "a god" or "awareness of all"...as something higher than human awareness. For a human...all there is, is human awareness. Although the range of human awareness can be very broad, it is still through the lens of being human, and is limited by the confines of being human. Concepts of higher and lower are from the human perspective, as well.

A human's idea of a god (or awareness of all) would be limited by (and based on) the confines of human thinking. If humans imagine themselves as the highest order over a kingdom on earth, that could easily lead to imagining a "being" (or all encompassing awareness) as the highest order over the universe. Yet, in truth, humans can be wiped out by a whole host of other life forms and forces at any moment. So it seems more logical to me that much broader creativity and destruction is a collaborative and evolving resonance without human-like ego or agendas. Within that broader system, individual elements may perceive their own world as the model for all.

In my opinion, knowing ALL is not possible or desirable. There is nothing a human can do to orchestrate or improve on it. :) And there is no "distinguishable being" that is needed to reign over it. It is an ever-flexing SYSTEM, within which, elements rise and fall and interact.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:25 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:31 am If Human Sentient Awareness is the APEX of evolution
Such awareness can still evolve in its own way... so there is no apex that we can know from where we are.
I was thinking more along the lines of evolution. Why are particular species of sentient creatures not morphing into other higher more evolved creatures anymore? well not on this planet anyway, not sure what's going on elsewhere in the universe of other planets.
If planet earth dweller's have reached an apex, then we are going through a process of degeneration right now, not evolution.

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:31 am Imagine the realisation that human sentient awareness gets to make all the rules as to what happens on planet earth.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:25 pmI don't think that is the case -- I think there is much interaction going on between organic and energetic forms of awareness. It is true that humans can be very destructive, but they are not the only energy in play.
What I meant was humans don't seem to have any predators, they are at the top of the food chain, and they have the capacity to think, and build atomic bombs, guns and knifes and all sorts of destructive and harmful things that are already choking the planet half to death.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:25 pm Concepts of higher and lower are from the human perspective, as well.
Well that's basically what I meant, in that all that can be known for a human mind is what that mind is making up as it identifies with it's own thought process... as you rightly stated here >
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:25 pmA human's idea of a god (or awareness of all) would be limited by (and based on) the confines of human thinking.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:25 pm If humans imagine themselves as the highest order over a kingdom on earth, that could easily lead to imagining a "being" (or all encompassing awareness) as the highest order over the universe. Yet, in truth, humans can be wiped out by a whole host of other life forms and forces at any moment.
Well what I meant by being the highest order, was that the human has developed via their evolutionary track, a capacity for knowledge of good and evil along with an apparent will, intent and desire to favor one state over another.
They are the only species on the planet that can wipe out not only themselves but just about every other creature along with them. Other creatures don't have that ability that humans do, simply because the human mind can identify with it's own thought processing capacity which basically creates an artifical,yet believed to be real, divide and rule mentality over every other living thing in nature, including it's own kind.That's what I meant. On the flip side, an asteroid could come hurtling towards us any time wiping out every living organism off the face of the earth. So the idea that humans are of the highest order is just a fantasy anyway, which is just part and parcel of how the human being thinks as they falsely identify with a sense of separate self, one that is so real to them that they then believe they have to defend it to the death. And that's the madness right there with the human condition, it's the misguided superimposed belief that they have any sort of power or authority here on this planet at all. Personally I wouldn't trust any human authority with a 10 foot barge pole.We are basically just our own guinea pigs like lambs to the slaughter. None of us know what the heck we are doing, since no one has ever been alive before.
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:25 pmIn my opinion, knowing ALL is not possible or desirable. There is nothing a human can do to orchestrate or improve on it. :) And there is no "distinguishable being" that is needed to reign over it. It is an ever-flexing SYSTEM, within which, elements rise and fall and interact.
Well there never could be a 'knowing all' obviously, as knowing pertains only to the relative, so relative ideas about the absolute would be absurd.